Dr Pepper: 2011 Promo (EA Games DLC)

• Please log in to reply
2247 replies to this topic

#91 FlamedLiquid

FlamedLiquid

The Kersed Sowl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2010 - 09:15 AM

Wanna know what Dr. Pepper tastes like? Fill a shot glass halfway with Amaretto and top with Barcardi 151 Dark Rum Then take said shot glass and drop it into a mug filled 2/3 of the way with American Lager (Miller High Life and Bud Ice work particularly well). Take said shot glass, drop it into the mug of beer and chug. For added flair, light the shot glass with a match/lighter before placing in mug.

You've just made a (flaming) Dr. Pepper. One that takes similar to the canned variety and has more long lasting effects (if you know what I mean).

(note the irony that I quoted a poster named "FlamedLiquid")

Posted Image

My DVD Collection: http://fiamedliquid.dvdaf.com/
rm8ylt.gif

#92 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2010 - 09:20 AM

Wanna know what Dr. Pepper tastes like? Fill a shot glass halfway with Amaretto and top with Barcardi 151 Dark Rum Then take said shot glass and drop it into a mug filled 2/3 of the way with American Lager (Miller High Life and Bud Ice work particularly well). Take said shot glass, drop it into the mug of beer and chug. For added flair, light the shot glass with a match/lighter before placing in mug.

You've just made a (flaming) Dr. Pepper. One that takes similar to the canned variety and has more long lasting effects (if you know what I mean).

(note the irony that I quoted a poster named "FlamedLiquid")

Uh...

#93 BoneMonkey80

BoneMonkey80

Bonetastic!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2010 - 04:56 PM

http://kotaku.com/54...pper-for-ea-dlc

Here are a few examples of the DLC you can score:

• Game enhancements for The Sims 3 feature theme-based bundles including Vintage Vegas, Beach Party, Celebrity and Football. Consumers will be able to download exciting new content ranging from a party top or hot boots all the way to a cool Retro car. Fans that have played The Sims over the years will recognize items inspired by previous The Sims games like the Lips Couch or Boomerang Window.
  • In Spore, a dozen Cyborg-themed body parts – such as eyes, heads and arms – can be redeemed and used in the Spore Creature Creator. These parts allow players to mix robot and organic creature body parts to design their own Cyborg creatures. The exclusive Cyborg parts will be usable by all owners of the Spore PC game and anyone who downloads the free Spore Creature Creator Trial Edition from the Spore.com website.
  • In Mass Effect 2 (shipping January 26th for the Xbox 360 videogame and entertainment system, PC), a shooter RPG from EA's award-winning BioWare™ division, there are three unique pieces of armor: two helmets and a visor. The game was recently named by The New York Times as one of 2010's most anticipated games.
  • In Battlefield Heroes, there are four sets of unique character clothing, and consumers get a pair of outfits per download, one for each side.
  • In Battlefield: Bad Company 2 four kit upgrades allow you to become a unique Special Activities soldier, with new camouflage and a modified weapon. Kit upgrades also contain new awards and an additional achievement.

BTW i'm having a hard time finding bottles of dr pepper marked for this contest where are you guys getting them.

Edited by BoneMonkey80, 08 January 2010 - 05:56 PM.

Posted Image

#94 NoDAK

NoDAK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2010 - 06:03 PM

I've seen them at Walmart and at various convenience store chains.

Thanks for posting those details.

#95 Mromson

Mromson

Posted 08 January 2010 - 07:12 PM

Sadly they don't have Dr Pepper where I live. =/

I'd welcome anyone generous enough to provide a code for me, though. ;)

#96 BrettFarveRetired

BrettFarveRetired

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2010 - 07:55 PM

Oh, man, I guess I know what I'll drinking for a bit.
Yep, I spelled my user name wrong. No comment... :applause:

#97 KrizB

KrizB

Flrying into FWEE!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2010 - 10:08 PM

Pretty sure this was answered already, but when you enter the code, do you get to choose the game and item/s or are they randomly awarded?

#98 reddjoey

reddjoey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2010 - 10:48 PM

Pretty sure this was answered already, but when you enter the code, do you get to choose the game and item/s or are they randomly awarded?

You can pick.

BoneMonkey, I updated the FP with the bit from Kotaku.
Posted Image
Feel free to add me: Just send a msg saying you are from CAG after the FR
| Xbox Deal of the Week |

#99 EnronLackey

EnronLackey

Fake-Rage Hater

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2010 - 11:17 PM

Not to disrupt the flow of where this pro / con Dr Pepper free for all taste-a-thon is going .. but does this apply to the DIET Dr Pepper products as well?

#100 reddjoey

reddjoey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2010 - 11:44 PM

Yes, but I haven't seen those bottles

20/16/14 OZ BOTTLES: Look under the cap of specially marked 20 oz., 16 oz. and 14 oz. bottles of Dr Pepper®, Dr Pepper Cherry, Diet Dr Pepper and Diet Dr Pepper Cherry for the game code ("Code"). Codes will be available under the cap on bottles from January 1, 2010 through March 31, 2010 and from July 1, 2010 through December 31, 2010 in participating markets.

Posted Image

#101 NoDAK

NoDAK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2010 - 02:03 AM

The Walmart I was at two days ago had both their diet & regular Dr. Pepper products marked with the promo.

#102 KrizB

KrizB

Flrying into FWEE!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2010 - 03:24 AM

Thank you for clearing that up ReddJoey.

#103 dxbrbnk

dxbrbnk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2010 - 04:25 AM

If I didn't hate the taste of Dr. Pepper, I would jump on this. But, unfortunately, I do and it sucks. (It sucks that I have to miss out on this promo.)

#104 EnronLackey

EnronLackey

Fake-Rage Hater

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2010 - 04:32 AM

Thank you for clearing that up ReddJoey.

umm .. DITTO! .. :P

#105 DietCokeJunkey

DietCokeJunkey

Posted 09 January 2010 - 11:23 AM

So it sounds like I'll need three caps for the Mass Effect 2 DLC. Already got one.

One of my local 7-11's had the promo bottles. However, my local grocery store didn't and neither did my favorite 24/7 vending machine. Most likely need a new shipment before these show up in my area, aside from where they are already.

DarkZion9.png card.png

Yeah jay remedy was really the heart and soul of this thread.

story isn't outstanding.. but the fact you can rub a girl and make them naked? and hear them moaning ?

total worth my money

#106 NoDAK

NoDAK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2010 - 11:58 AM

On the topic of vending machines... I purchased my bottles inside the store for $1.20 apiece. On the way out I notice that their vending machines have them for 88¢. Isn't that backwards?

#107 Sonic9jct

Sonic9jct

Killed His Fairy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2010 - 04:22 PM

I've got three spare caps. Would anyone be willing to make a small trade?

#108 rainking187

rainking187

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2010 - 04:43 PM

I've got three spare caps. Would anyone be willing to make a small trade?

What are you looking for?

#109 NutManIV

NutManIV

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2010 - 11:39 PM

I had my sister pick me up a bottle on her way home from work and all they had were the Dr Pepper bottles that were designed to look kinda like footballs and it had a promotion to win $1,000 tuition or something. Anyway, I tried the code and it did not work unfortunately. The site can actually tell what promotion the codes came from which really blows.

Oh well.

#110 BoneMonkey80

BoneMonkey80

Bonetastic!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2010 - 12:41 AM

well im going to make a quick run to walmart tonight wish me luck!
Posted Image

#111 DietCokeJunkey

DietCokeJunkey

Posted 10 January 2010 - 01:18 AM

On the topic of vending machines... I purchased my bottles inside the store for $1.20 apiece. On the way out I notice that their vending machines have them for 88¢. Isn't that backwards?

The ones inside the store are pretty much there if you don't have change or cash in order to buy one from the vending machine. That and you can also just get it with your purchase.

My store ones are usually like 1.40+ where as the vending machine is 1.25. However, the vending machines at my college charge 1.50, and I was pretty mad when I found out that they raised it over the weekend.

DarkZion9.png card.png

Yeah jay remedy was really the heart and soul of this thread.

story isn't outstanding.. but the fact you can rub a girl and make them naked? and hear them moaning ?

total worth my money

#112 BoneMonkey80

BoneMonkey80

Bonetastic!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2010 - 03:12 AM

I went to two 7 eleven's 1 walmart 1 target a subway and none of them had any dr pepper labled with this promotion

I live in NJ and no one drinks dr pepper here its going to take forever for them to restock
Posted Image

#113 chickenbutt

chickenbutt

Posted 11 January 2010 - 02:07 AM

I entered two of them and when I tried to get something only Spores, Sims 3, and Battlefield Heroes appeared. Are those the only things I can get right now?

#114 reddjoey

reddjoey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2010 - 02:19 AM

I entered two of them and when I tried to get something only Spores, Sims 3, and Battlefield Heroes appeared. Are those the only things I can get right now?

:roll:

yes... I hid it behind a spoiler, but it's there.

Also the TXT and win ends tomorrow, so get to txt'n
Posted Image

#115 chickenbutt

chickenbutt

Posted 11 January 2010 - 03:10 AM

:roll:

yes... I hid it behind a spoiler, but it's there.

Also the TXT and win ends tomorrow, so get to txt'n

Oh thanks. I thought that part about the release dates only applied to other games that are coming out.

#116 EnronLackey

EnronLackey

Fake-Rage Hater

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2010 - 05:48 AM

question for those who got the codes .. what color are the caps and did the bottle had a promotion label on it? cause I think I found it but it was just a plain Dr Pepper labels with yellow caps, k thx ^_^

#117 Tuxedo38

Tuxedo38

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2010 - 05:58 AM

Thanks OP

#118 reddjoey

reddjoey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2010 - 06:18 AM

question for those who got the codes .. what color are the caps and did the bottle had a promotion label on it? cause I think I found it but it was just a plain Dr Pepper labels with yellow caps, k thx ^_^

Posted Image
Posted Image
Looked like that w/ yellow cap. Code is 12 characters, 3 rows of 4
Posted Image

#119 Smuglittleman

Smuglittleman

KHAAAAAAAAN!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2010 - 02:03 PM

Dang, just noticed this thread today. Thanks OP.
Posted Image

#120 EnronLackey

EnronLackey

Fake-Rage Hater

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2010 - 05:35 PM

Looked like that w/ yellow cap. Code is 12 characters, 3 rows of 4

Awesome thx for the pix .. I pick up a plain label one with the yellow caps .. tried the code and it worked .. maybe some of the distributors didn't get in the new labels yet. so for some of us, a technical YMMV