Dr Pepper: 2011 Promo (EA Games DLC)

How's dr. Pepper? For 17yrs living in this country, I have yet to try one.

I only know Forrest gump drank like 15 of em during his white house invitation to meet president kennedy for being all-american football player

[quote name='heyheyhey11']How's dr. Pepper? For 17yrs living in this country, I have yet to try one.

I only know Forrest gump drank like 15 of em during his white house invitation to meet president kennedy for being all-american football player[/QUOTE]

seriously?

its hard to describe the taste. I guess itd be like mixing Rock and Rye with Cherry Coke.

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']
its hard to describe the taste. [/QUOTE]

No it isn't. Go into a place that lets you get/refill your own drinks, and mix everything together. That's Dr. Pepper.

I don't care for the stuff, despite living in the state it was born in. It's too sweet and flat for me, and has a terrible aftertaste. Regardless, folks down south guzzle this shit like we might someday lose the ability to make it.

This is all meant to be taken facetiously - no one get their panties in a twist about it.

[quote name='heyheyhey11']How's dr. Pepper? For 17yrs living in this country, I have yet to try one.

I only know Forrest gump drank like 15 of em during his white house invitation to meet president kennedy for being all-american football player[/QUOTE]

Dang man!! The frickin wall came down like 21 years ago!! You have a choice, go buy a Dr Pepper....live a little. While your at it, pick up a Twix (it'll blow your mind).

[quote name='BoneMonkey80']how do i request a free code it says I can request 1 a week[/QUOTE]

[quote name='reddjoey']

Go to link to find restrictions and free code request.

http://www.drpepper.com/promotions/ea/rules/

[/QUOTE]

It's a standard SASE affair, but for the $1 you are spending on postage and 1 a week vs 10 a day limitation you might as well go buy the Dr. Pepper

[quote name='Strell']No it isn't. Go into a place that lets you get/refill your own drinks, and mix everything together. That's Dr. Pepper.

I don't care for the stuff, despite living in the state it was born in. It's too sweet and flat for me, and has a terrible aftertaste. Regardless, folks down south guzzle this shit like we might someday lose the ability to make it.

This is all meant to be taken facetiously - no one get their panties in a twist about it.[/QUOTE]
My balls are turning purple from said twisting you jerk.

have to start looking close for these around I've not seen any here in WV

sounds like cheesy cartoon characters:

Dr. Pepper & his nemesis Mr. Pibb...

[quote name='Strell']No it isn't. Go into a place that lets you get/refill your own drinks, and mix everything together. That's Dr. Pepper.

This is all meant to be taken facetiously - no one get their panties in a twist about it.[/QUOTE]

So if I go to the local movie theater and mix Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, MUG Root Beer, Mt. Dew, and Sierra Mist it will taste like Dr.Pepper?

I'm highly doubting that. Just because Dr. pepper says its made of 23 flavors doesnt mean its just some jungle juice of sodas.

If it can do this to the Easter Bunny, imagine how it will make you feel...

2quu4hu.gif

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']So if I go to the local movie theater and mix Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, MUG Root Beer, Mt. Dew, and Sierra Mist it will taste like Dr.Pepper?

I'm highly doubting that. Just because Dr. pepper says its made of 23 flavors doesnt mean its just some jungle juice of sodas.[/QUOTE]

It'll be startlingly close. The creator - I don't remember his name - said that he wanted to make a soda that "tasted like how a soda fountain smells." This was back in the early 1900s I think, when you had soda jerks mixing syrups and things right there in the parlor.

Originally, if you wanted to order a Dr. Pepper before it was officially named, you said "shoot me a Waco."

Cobbling together a mishmash of what's at the movies or in a McDonald's will be pretty close to proper Dr. Pepper. Definitely helps if you add in a cherry flavored component, or at least something like Big Red.

[quote name='hellmutt']Anyone figure out how to request the free code?[/QUOTE]
Yeah, SASE with a limit of 1 a week. With the postage rates you might as well buy a Dr. Pepper. I put all the details in the thread I made in the contest forum

good stuff. dr pepper and root beer are already consumed by me in large quantities, might as well make me some money selling codes from it after the promotion ends.

http://www.drpepper.com/promotions/ LMFAO @ "No Purchase necessary"!! No you dont have to just start opening Dr Peppers and writing down the codes at 7Eleven!

No Purchase necessary to enter by mail. Simply hand print your name and residential address, including zip code (as they appear on your driver’s license or government identification), home and cell phone number (including area codes), email address and date of birth on a postcard and mail it to ATTN: Dr Pepper/MLG Mobile Sweeps, 2894 Rowena Ave., Ste. A, Los Angeles, CA 90039, USA. You may enter as often as you wish, regardless of method of entry, but each mail entry must be hand printed and mailed in a separate, hand addressed envelope.

anyone ever win these txting contests? i remember i played the hell out of the comedy central thanksgiving wii-kend giveaway...

I compare it to unprotected sex and finding a rolled up 1 dollar bill on the ground...but when you unroll it you find a 20 inside so the good situation just got a lot better.

Come on ME2 and Dragon Age DLC :)

[quote name='eugaet']Anyone tried Dublin Dr. Pepper? It's so much better than the high-fructose corn syrup version. http://www.dublindrpepper.com/

I quit drinking HFCS sodas long ago...but may fall off that wagon to see if I can get some DLC.[/QUOTE]

Dr Pepper launched Dr Pepper Heritage (limited time) which is made with "Real Sugar"

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Romis']have to start looking close for these around I've not seen any here in WV

sounds like cheesy cartoon characters:

Dr. Pepper & his nemesis Mr. Pibb...[/QUOTE]

Yeah I had a hard time finding the Rock Band caps for the Pespi promotion during the summer here as well. Good Luck.

[quote name='Lord_Kefka']Hey reddjoey, did you input your code online and see what the DLC options were yet?[/QUOTE]

Yeah... I'll update the OP with what's available.

Done. Put up thumbnails and descriptions from EA prize site

I entered a cap yesterday evening, but could never sign into my EA account to redeem it. Kept telling me my info was incorrect, but I can sign directly into the EA.com with no issues. After looking at your prize listing, I guess it was a blessing in disguise. When does the 360 dlc go up?

DLC for ME:2 and BF:BC2 seem like they will be made available at game launch, along with other DLCs.

Unique Downloadable Content (DLC) for applicable EA games (games subject to change) - Mass Effect 2, Battlefield Heroes, The Sims 3, Spore, Battlefield: Bad Company 2 plus additional games may be available based on EA game release dates.

Which means that as the games are released, we'll likely score some DLC out of it.

My reading also leads me to believe that you get to CHOOSE the DLC you want, so you won't be fishing for game-specific codes, especially since you are unlikely to have the requisite game for a specific code.

seems to be 14 DLC per games i wonder what they are going to have for mass effect 2

im buying a 12 pack of dr pepper today sadly i think dr pepper tastes like cough syrup

I always thought that it tasted like prunes but maybe I heard that rumor somewhere first. I can't stand the stuff buy my wife likes it. I saw some out in the wild today here in Utah. So if we have it, it should be everywhere by now.

[quote name='ryanbw']I always thought that it tasted like prunes but maybe I heard that rumor somewhere first. I can't stand the stuff buy my wife likes it. I saw some out in the wild today here in Utah. So if we have it, it should be everywhere by now.[/QUOTE]

That was one of the rumors that it was just carbonated prune juice instead of the 23 flavors .

You can validate the prune rumor this way. Drink a lot of Dr. Pepper, eat a meal that has little to no fiber, and see what happens when you next visit the toilet. Disaster or miracle? That will tell you if there are prunes involved.

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']seriously?

its hard to describe the taste. I guess itd be like mixing Rock and Rye with Cherry Coke.[/QUOTE]

Wanna know what Dr. Pepper tastes like? Fill a shot glass halfway with Amaretto and top with Barcardi 151 Dark Rum Then take said shot glass and drop it into a mug filled 2/3 of the way with American Lager (Miller High Life and Bud Ice work particularly well). Take said shot glass, drop it into the mug of beer and chug. For added flair, light the shot glass with a match/lighter before placing in mug.

You've just made a (flaming) Dr. Pepper. One that takes similar to the canned variety and has more long lasting effects (if you know what I mean).

(note the irony that I quoted a poster named "FlamedLiquid")

[quote name='hostyl1']Wanna know what Dr. Pepper tastes like? Fill a shot glass halfway with Amaretto and top with Barcardi 151 Dark Rum Then take said shot glass and drop it into a mug filled 2/3 of the way with American Lager (Miller High Life and Bud Ice work particularly well). Take said shot glass, drop it into the mug of beer and chug. For added flair, light the shot glass with a match/lighter before placing in mug.

You've just made a (flaming) Dr. Pepper. One that takes similar to the canned variety and has more long lasting effects (if you know what I mean).

(note the irony that I quoted a poster named "FlamedLiquid")[/QUOTE]

implied-facepalm.jpg

[quote name='hostyl1']Wanna know what Dr. Pepper tastes like? Fill a shot glass halfway with Amaretto and top with Barcardi 151 Dark Rum Then take said shot glass and drop it into a mug filled 2/3 of the way with American Lager (Miller High Life and Bud Ice work particularly well). Take said shot glass, drop it into the mug of beer and chug. For added flair, light the shot glass with a match/lighter before placing in mug.

(note the irony that I quoted a poster named "FlamedLiquid")[/QUOTE]

Uh...

http://kotaku.com/5443649/would-you-be-a-pepper-for-ea-dlc

Here are a few examples of the DLC you can score:

• Game enhancements for The Sims 3 feature theme-based bundles including Vintage Vegas, Beach Party, Celebrity and Football. Consumers will be able to download exciting new content ranging from a party top or hot boots all the way to a cool Retro car. Fans that have played The Sims over the years will recognize items inspired by previous The Sims games like the Lips Couch or Boomerang Window.
  • In Spore, a dozen Cyborg-themed body parts – such as eyes, heads and arms – can be redeemed and used in the Spore Creature Creator. These parts allow players to mix robot and organic creature body parts to design their own Cyborg creatures. The exclusive Cyborg parts will be usable by all owners of the Spore PC game and anyone who downloads the free Spore Creature Creator Trial Edition from the Spore.com website.
  • In Mass Effect 2 (shipping January 26th for the Xbox 360 videogame and entertainment system, PC), a shooter RPG from EA's award-winning BioWare™ division, there are three unique pieces of armor: two helmets and a visor. The game was recently named by The New York Times as one of 2010's most anticipated games.
  • In Battlefield Heroes, there are four sets of unique character clothing, and consumers get a pair of outfits per download, one for each side.
  • In Battlefield: Bad Company 2 four kit upgrades allow you to become a unique Special Activities soldier, with new camouflage and a modified weapon. Kit upgrades also contain new awards and an additional achievement.

BTW i'm having a hard time finding bottles of dr pepper marked for this contest where are you guys getting them.

Sadly they don't have Dr Pepper where I live. =/

I'd welcome anyone generous enough to provide a code for me, though. ;)

Pretty sure this was answered already, but when you enter the code, do you get to choose the game and item/s or are they randomly awarded?

[quote name='KrizB']Pretty sure this was answered already, but when you enter the code, do you get to choose the game and item/s or are they randomly awarded?[/QUOTE]

You can pick.

BoneMonkey, I updated the FP with the bit from Kotaku.

bread's done
Back