Dr Pepper: 2011 Promo (EA Games DLC)

Not to disrupt the flow of where this pro / con Dr Pepper free for all taste-a-thon is going .. but does this apply to the DIET Dr Pepper products as well?

Yes, but I haven't seen those bottles

20/16/14 OZ BOTTLES: Look under the cap of specially marked 20 oz., 16 oz. and 14 oz. bottles of Dr Pepper®, Dr Pepper Cherry, Diet Dr Pepper and Diet Dr Pepper Cherry for the game code ("Code"). Codes will be available under the cap on bottles from January 1, 2010 through March 31, 2010 and from July 1, 2010 through December 31, 2010 in participating markets.

If I didn't hate the taste of Dr. Pepper, I would jump on this. But, unfortunately, I do and it sucks. (It sucks that I have to miss out on this promo.)

So it sounds like I'll need three caps for the Mass Effect 2 DLC. Already got one.

One of my local 7-11's had the promo bottles. However, my local grocery store didn't and neither did my favorite 24/7 vending machine. Most likely need a new shipment before these show up in my area, aside from where they are already.

On the topic of vending machines... I purchased my bottles inside the store for $1.20 apiece. On the way out I notice that their vending machines have them for 88¢. Isn't that backwards?

I had my sister pick me up a bottle on her way home from work and all they had were the Dr Pepper bottles that were designed to look kinda like footballs and it had a promotion to win $1,000 tuition or something. Anyway, I tried the code and it did not work unfortunately. The site can actually tell what promotion the codes came from which really blows.

Oh well.

[quote name='NoDAK']On the topic of vending machines... I purchased my bottles inside the store for $1.20 apiece. On the way out I notice that their vending machines have them for 88¢. Isn't that backwards?[/QUOTE]
The ones inside the store are pretty much there if you don't have change or cash in order to buy one from the vending machine. That and you can also just get it with your purchase.

My store ones are usually like 1.40+ where as the vending machine is 1.25. However, the vending machines at my college charge 1.50, and I was pretty mad when I found out that they raised it over the weekend.

I went to two 7 eleven's 1 walmart 1 target a subway and none of them had any dr pepper labled with this promotion

I live in NJ and no one drinks dr pepper here its going to take forever for them to restock

I entered two of them and when I tried to get something only Spores, Sims 3, and Battlefield Heroes appeared. Are those the only things I can get right now?

[quote name='chickenbutt']I entered two of them and when I tried to get something only Spores, Sims 3, and Battlefield Heroes appeared. Are those the only things I can get right now?[/QUOTE]

:roll:

yes... I hid it behind a spoiler, but it's there.

Also the TXT and win ends tomorrow, so get to txt'n

[quote name='reddjoey']:roll:

yes... I hid it behind a spoiler, but it's there.

Also the TXT and win ends tomorrow, so get to txt'n[/QUOTE]

Oh thanks. I thought that part about the release dates only applied to other games that are coming out.

question for those who got the codes .. what color are the caps and did the bottle had a promotion label on it? cause I think I found it but it was just a plain Dr Pepper labels with yellow caps, k thx ^_^

[quote name='EnronLackey']question for those who got the codes .. what color are the caps and did the bottle had a promotion label on it? cause I think I found it but it was just a plain Dr Pepper labels with yellow caps, k thx ^_^[/QUOTE]

drpepper.jpg

drpepper.jpg

Looked like that w/ yellow cap. Code is 12 characters, 3 rows of 4

[quote name='reddjoey']Looked like that w/ yellow cap. Code is 12 characters, 3 rows of 4[/QUOTE]

Awesome thx for the pix .. I pick up a plain label one with the yellow caps .. tried the code and it worked .. maybe some of the distributors didn't get in the new labels yet. so for some of us, a technical YMMV

When I try to visit drpepper.com in IE8 on my desktop PC it keeps redirecting to drpepper.com/mobile/ and I only see the old Football promotion there. Anyone have any advice on how I could get to the EA promotion to try and enter my code?

It's getting to be about that time when I start craving Dr. Pepper anyways. I will definitely be getting the ME2 gear.

[quote name='zeb06']Picked one of these up at Walmart...guess I will wait to enter it until Mass Effect is released just in case.[/QUOTE]

You can enter it on the Dr. Pepper website but just don't redeem it with EA yet. I made that mistake assuming that I could get the ME2 content but only Spore, Battlefield Heroes and Sims 3 items were available. Plus, EA doesn't keep track off your unclaimed redeemable codes, so it's use it or lose.

[quote name='BoneMonkey80']
  • In Battlefield: Bad Company 2 four kit upgrades allow you to become a unique Special Activities soldier, with new camouflage and a modified weapon. Kit upgrades also contain new awards and an additional achievement.[/QUOTE]
An additional achievement? Wonder if this is something in game or a real 360 achievement.

[quote name='EnronLackey']Not to disrupt the flow of where this pro / con Dr Pepper free for all taste-a-thon is going .. but does this apply to the DIET Dr Pepper products as well?[/QUOTE]

Yes, I picked up a couple bottles of diet dr pepper at my local target yesterday. Looks like 7 will get me all the mass effect and BF:BC2 stuff.

Walmart in Brunswick, GA only has the EA bottles in the coolers at the registers, all the other ones are the las vegas promo. Also, should i save my codes? can you win bioshock stuff yet?

[quote name='eugaet']Anyone tried Dublin Dr. Pepper? It's so much better than the high-fructose corn syrup version. http://www.dublindrpepper.com/

I quit drinking HFCS sodas long ago...but may fall off that wagon to see if I can get some DLC.[/QUOTE]

We have something here called "Heritige Dr. Pepper" Its the original formula, including real sugar
image_heritagedrpepper3.jpg
. had to get the normal stuff for the contest though

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ChuckFirsto']You can enter it on the Dr. Pepper website but just don't redeem it with EA yet. I made that mistake assuming that I could get the ME2 content but only Spore, Battlefield Heroes and Sims 3 items were available. Plus, EA doesn't keep track off your unclaimed redeemable codes, so it's use it or lose.[/QUOTE]

ugh, same thing happened to me. entered the code and clicked through to EA and they only had those PC games. I shoulda waited til ME2 came out.

The small cafeteria in my office building got these on the Diet Dr. Peppers. Same exact label, just on the white background associated with the Diet. Saved it to my Dr. Pepper account, but didn't click through yet to the EA redemption. Your Dr. Pepper account will hold it for later. Thank you (and consolations) to ChuckFirsto for confirming that you should wait until the game releases to attempt redeeming for Mass Effect 2 DLC.

1 down, need 2 more for the ME2 DLC. If I get extras afterwards, I'll spread the love.

[quote name='Lord_Kefka']
1 down, need 2 more for the ME2 DLC. If I get extras afterwards, I'll spread the love.[/QUOTE]

That would be awesome if you could hook any one up. I personally am trying to get the ME2 DLC.

I plan to buy some DR pepper so once im done getting the DLC ill give away codes also.

I've entered 2 codes and am going to wait to see what is on offer. It sucks that once you take your codes to EA they are gone and you're screwed if what you want isn't there. Not sure why I care, though, as the only game I've got is Sims 3 and I don't even play it. Guess I just like free stuff. :) I might end up getting Battlefield Bad Company 2, though. Not sure. I'd rather wait for the price to drop, though, meaning as much as a year. Here's a question: can you get the DLC now and then later get the game, or do you have to have the game in order to claim the DLC?

[quote name='DiRT_X']Walmart in Brunswick, GA only has the EA bottles in the coolers at the registers, all the other ones are the las vegas promo. Also, should i save my codes? can you win bioshock stuff yet?[/QUOTE]

No, Bioshock is from 2K, not EA. Save your codes, I'll update as more things become available

Are the ONLY codes for this on specially marked bottles? The store I work at has lots of Dr. Pepper, but none mention the promo at all.

[quote name='crunchewy']Here's a question: can you get the DLC now and then later get the game, or do you have to have the game in order to claim the DLC?[/QUOTE]

At least for 360, you can get DLC for games that you never played. I've gotten DLC car expansions for Forza 3 but have never played the game.

I am not going to speculate how the PC games work these days. I've been away from their DRM for a very long time.

[quote name='SDC']Are the ONLY codes for this on specially marked bottles? The store I work at has lots of Dr. Pepper, but none mention the promo at all.[/QUOTE]

If you try entering codes from other promotions, it will tell you.
I received several yellow caps from family members and after entering them, they were all for the $1,000 tuition/giveaway.

[quote name='voidedx']At least for 360, you can get DLC for games that you never played. I've gotten DLC car expansions for Forza 3 but have never played the game.

I am not going to speculate how the PC games work these days. I've been away from their DRM for a very long time.[/QUOTE]
Just FYI, EA has their own 'DLC' method that is internal to the game (i.e. you don't enter the EA codes on your XBL dashboard, but rather using an options screen within the game), which is why you must have a EA Nation account for the code to work.

For an example, see the NFS Shift instructions in this thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=248800

Note that in some cases the same DLC is available via both methods - I got my Dragon Age DLC directly from EA in my limited edition game using the 4x4 codes, but you can also get the same DLC via XBL dashboard/website using 4x5 codes from third party vendors (Amazon, Best Buy?). And, if I go to the XBL market place it does not show that I own the DLC, even though it is available in-game.

[quote name='crunchewy']Here's a question: can you get the DLC now and then later get the game, or do you have to have the game in order to claim the DLC?[/QUOTE]
If they are 4x5 codes (i.e. 1111-2222-3333-4444-5555) then they are XBL codes and can be redeemed via the console dashboard or the XBL web site regardless (i.e. you don't have to own the game to redeem). However, if it is a 4x4 code (i.e. 1111-2222-3333-4444) then it is a EA internal code, and you will have to be in the game to access the code redemption screen (and be logged into EA Nation).

Edit: if any one has some spare caps/codes, I would be very grateful to get my hands on the ME2 content. :)

I've checked multiple gas stations, grocery stores, etc and have not found even ONE of these bottles. They're all the old football shaped ones with the $1,000 tuition promotion.

I'm thinking that Walmart might be the only store around here that has it...

Edit: Didn't see any point to what I wrote before. So I'll put this instead:

I got my three caps for the ME2 downloads, so any others I get after this I'll be giving away.

Here's a question: will we see DLC codes for Tiger Woods '10 Wii available? I have that game and might get DLC for it, but I presume it would be like the "DLC" for Rock Band in the Pepsi promo - it would actually be generic Nintendo Points. My guess is they aren't going to offer it for the Wii game as a result, as I'm sure they weren't entirely thrilled with that outcome in that promo.

I was checking the Dr. Pepper website again and I think they updated the game list:
"Games like Spore, Sims 3, Mass Effect 2, Medal of Honor, Skate 3, and many more."

I searched this thread for mention of Medal of Honor and Skate 3, but they were not found. So it looks like I'll be getting more than just three caps.
And I think people giving away their codes before the end of the year might regret it because they might be adding more games until December. (Redeem by 1/31/2011)

Damn, I can't find any of these bottles yet! I have looked at a 7-11, walmart, and a couple of other stores. I just want the ME2 stuff..

So I bought the last two bottles of Dr. Pepper (old tuition promo ones) from my favorite vending machine. Hoping they'll restock with these bottles, since buying at that vending machine is the cheapest way to buy 20oz bottles (1.25 vs store price of 1.49+tax+crv)

Still waiting for them to be stocked.
The stores around here always had low amounts of Dr.Pepper/Coca Cola products, but since this promo started the shelves have been packed with the stuff. Of course, all of it is the plain/tuition bottles now.

bread's done
Back