The Wii U Pre-Order Thread - $349.99/$299.99 - 11/18/12

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8921 replies to this topic

#3091 ProppaT

ProppaT

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 02:46 PM

Hmm, neat. I just assumed that it wouldn't allow a stylus, but if it does, I will at least rent the game.

Playing with a stylus sounds like it would be a fun way for FPS casuals (that would be me) to run through a game they otherwise wouldn't play, but I don't see it working in this case. Take into consideration, it requires two thumbs to navigate in an FPS. Unless you have a third hand, I just don't see it working out too well...unless the game allows you to "look" by dragging the stylus and tapping to shoot.

#3092 Nintendonly

Nintendonly

feck this shat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 03:58 PM

The labels are printed after your transaction is done. The register prompts something along the lines of "# of labels?" and the cashier types in the number of labels to print for the transaction.

Currently playing:

icon_snes.gif- Nothing, 11m9gn4.png- Nothing
:3ds:- Monster Rancher Advance 2, :psp:- Nothing
:ps3:- Nothing, atari_jaguar.png- Elansar, Pippin01.gif- Super Marathon
Wii_U_platform_icon.png- Ducktales Remastered, 20g0cxd.png- Nothing

#3093 GoodbyeSoberDay

GoodbyeSoberDay

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 17 October 2012 - 04:58 PM

The labels are printed after your transaction is done. The register prompts something along the lines of "# of labels?" and the cashier types in the number of labels to print for the transaction.

I think what some of these folks that are worried are trying to get at is that they never witnessed the labels in question being printed by the cashier, per the instructions on the memo, so they are concerned that this will cause issues with receiving or being allowed to pick up their preorder. Me personally, Im pretty sure I saw said label, but I also received a confirmation email with all of my layaway info included.

#3094 Gosha

Gosha

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 05:00 PM

I don't know why everyone keeps stressing out over these labels. #6 on the memo specifically states that the label is supposed to go into a reservation folder. It's normal that none of us were given labels.

Hmm, neat. I just assumed that it wouldn't allow a stylus, but if it does, I will at least rent the game.

Yeah, it's not like layaway is something newly rollout out for this Wii U thing. The person that helped me was specifically part of the layaway department and knew what they were doing at least.

#3095 avatar12

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 17 October 2012 - 05:09 PM

http://www.ebay.ca/i...a#ht_834wt_1398

OMFG

#3096 sgaldis

sgaldis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 05:16 PM

OMFG

IDK, ROTFL ASAP YMMV, TTYL!
:whee:

#3097 avatar12

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 17 October 2012 - 05:21 PM

IDK, ROTFL ASAP YMMV, TTYL!
:whee:

I just want my Wii U now ...

#3098 beatngurnuts

beatngurnuts

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 05:23 PM

went to another walmart today, got 2 more reserves, labels printed out, don't remember that happening the first time.

#3099 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 05:50 PM

A new 24 hour Walmart just opened today about 3 miles away from me. Thinking about pre-ordering 2 just for the hell of it.

#3100 beatngurnuts

beatngurnuts

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 06:22 PM

I wasn't surprised that there were still preorders available, people don't think about walmart and preordering games and also the people in walmart, the several I went too, had no fucking clue what the wii u was. So that tells me its just a walmart thing, because everywhere people normally buy games, they have been sold out on preorders for a while.

#3101 screwkick

screwkick

It's T-Shirt Time...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 06:35 PM

OMFG

That's cheap. Wait until the day after launch.

#3102 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 06:54 PM

That's cheap. Wait until the day after launch.

I think it's going to go the other way. The resale market will be flooded at launch driving asking prices down. After the smoke clears I think those that didn't sell quick will truly profit. If, and only if, Nintendo doesn't put out big shipments between launch and Christmas. We'll see...It's not like these are Jordans and they're not going to make any more.

#3103 arsenalcrazy8

arsenalcrazy8

As Cheap As Wenger.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 06:57 PM

I think it's going to go the other way. The resale market will be flooded at launch driving asking prices down. After the smoke clears I think those that didn't sell quick will truly profit. If, and only if, Nintendo doesn't put out big shipments between launch and Christmas. We'll see...

I also think this is whats going to happen. Literally everyone who preordered a Wii U preordered at least 2 for the resell profit. Ebay/Craigslist/amazon is going to be PACKED with these things. I only preordered one for myself. Seems a bit risky banking on the value skyrocketing...
Up the Gunners!!!!!
I am Cheap, therefore I buy Cheap.

#3104 avatar12

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 17 October 2012 - 07:12 PM

I also think this is whats going to happen. Literally everyone who preordered a Wii U preordered at least 2 for the resell profit. Ebay/Craigslist/amazon is going to be PACKED with these things. I only preordered one for myself. Seems a bit risky banking on the value skyrocketing...

Do you think this : http://ca.ign.com/ar...loying-children

will drive the supply down and demand up?

#3105 tightclaws

tightclaws

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 07:17 PM

went to another walmart today, got 2 more reserves, labels printed out, don't remember that happening the first time.

2 more ?? How many do you have on order? How about leaving a few for the rest of us?
Posted Image

#3106 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 07:21 PM

2 more ?? How many do you have on order? How about leaving a few for the rest of us?

There will be plenty left for the rest of you...on eBay and craigslist that is.:lol:

#3107 GreyFox787

GreyFox787

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 07:49 PM

So tempting to put two of these on the credit card and throw 'em up on eBay...

#3108 jessesixto

jessesixto

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 07:54 PM

Is like that right now after walmart pre-orders went up. Going for 450 now, were as before it was 650 on eGay.

#3109 juanawoman

juanawoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 08:09 PM

Risky? How? You can just return it. LOL.

I honestly would be happy making even 20 or 30 dollars off each Wii U. Setting expectations low to allow myself to be excited if I end up getting a large sum.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#3110 Sludgepond

Sludgepond

The Trigger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 08:37 PM

To add to the label printing discussion: a label was not printed for my order but the two employees behind the counter were talking about having labels printed for me and the one other person that preorderd before me. As I recall one lady said we can take care of that another time. Im not too worried since each preorder has a name attached in their system.

#3111 rayfrombk

rayfrombk

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 17 October 2012 - 09:29 PM

To add to the label printing discussion: a label was not printed for my order but the two employees behind the counter were talking about having labels printed for me and the one other person that preorderd before me. As I recall one lady said we can take care of that another time. Im not too worried since each preorder has a name attached in their system.

I guess in the end, we're just worried about nothing. But I'm still going there early around 11:30 just in case. Here's my receipt. Give me my damn console. lol

#3112 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

He wears a disguise to look like human guys.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 10:30 PM

Playing with a stylus sounds like it would be a fun way for FPS casuals (that would be me) to run through a game they otherwise wouldn't play, but I don't see it working in this case. Take into consideration, it requires two thumbs to navigate in an FPS. Unless you have a third hand, I just don't see it working out too well...unless the game allows you to "look" by dragging the stylus and tapping to shoot.

With the way I play FPS games, I could probably manage with just one analog stick. Heh. I just think it would be an interesting way to play for a little while, kinda like Elite Beat Agents without the fun music. And I'd rather scratch my eyes out than play a CoD game online, so I don't have to worry about trying to survive in that environment.

#3113 greenwolfe7

greenwolfe7

I play with dinosaurs!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 11:35 PM

According to several websites the elite subscription service will be free on the Wii u on black ops 2 meaning free dlc... more info is coming soon... activision did state they will do there best to bring the four content packs to the Wii u plus some possibly exclusive features and content... which is why they said earlier that not all content will be available on all platforms as it appears the Wii u is getting more... im on my phone and cp isn't working right but a quick google search will show the discussions are going on now.

#3114 bbedwards

bbedwards

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 11:52 PM

^ unless I'm missing something, it was announced days ago that elite is now free for everyone on all systems-minus the dlc, they are now selling a season pass for all dlc

#3115 avatar12

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 17 October 2012 - 11:52 PM

According to several websites the elite subscription service will be free on the Wii u on black ops 2 meaning free dlc... more info is coming soon... activision did state they will do there best to bring the four content packs to the Wii u plus some possibly exclusive features and content... which is why they said earlier that not all content will be available on all platforms as it appears the Wii u is getting more... im on my phone and cp isn't working right but a quick google search will show the discussions are going on now.

elite will be free, however DLC wont be.

#3116 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 01:51 AM

Risky? How? You can just return it. LOL.

I honestly would be happy making even 20 or 30 dollars off each Wii U. Setting expectations low to allow myself to be excited if I end up getting a large sum.

20-30 in exchange for being ripped off by ebayers for $350. That sounds like a bad deal to me.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#3117 greenwolfe7

greenwolfe7

I play with dinosaurs!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 02:25 AM

elite will be free, however DLC wont be.

Elite is something different apparently now yes but the Wii item referee to is a season pass and is separate from elite. Sry for the confusion.

#3118 Alamo

Alamo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 02:33 AM

Elite and DLC isn't the same thing, I think you're getting things mixed up here, and there is no exclusives at all for the Wii U.

Elite is the stat tracking service, which has always been free, don't why they are touting it that way now.

The DLC now comes in a form of Season Pass, which was called Premium Elite in the previous title, MW3. You can still buy those 4 map packs separately though

and Activision already said the Wii U will not be supported by Elite. Sure, they said they want to wager their options as to how they will bring that about later on after release. but the same thing was said about the PC version of Elite and nothing has ever come about that either, a year and a half later. I'm sure it is just a way of saying it will never be available, probably for a future title.

The DLC could still come, that shouldnt be too hard to bring out, but at this point, that isn't going to available either. Activision is woking with Nintendo to make DLC available. No exclusives though.

I'm still getting it for the 360 first, since all my friends will do that as well but all these minuses don't steer me away from the title on the Wii U. I've always hated split-screen, it is so intrusive for me that I don't enjoy it after a certain point. The Gamepad handling split screen more than makes up for everything else. The Vita will get a horrible COD title (Almost guaranteed) and I wanted to play a quality COD title on a portable device (at home) and the Wii U will also provide that. Hopefully more Developers implement similar ideas of splitscreen into their games.

#3119 Yars

Yars

I'd buy that for a dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 02:38 AM

Elite is the stat tracking service, which has always been free, don't why they are touting it that way now.

Originally only a portion of the services provided by Elite were free. I believe that now that the DLC is separate all the other Elite features that were behind a paywall are now free for everyone.

#3120 juanawoman

juanawoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 02:42 AM

20-30 in exchange for being ripped off by ebayers for $350. That sounds like a bad deal to me.

I didn't say I was eBaying for sure. Leaning towards Craigslist now.
Posted ImagePosted Image