Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconamazon.gif
Amazon
Consoles* Amazon did not take preorders, see note.
Games

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
Consoles Both models sold out online & in store
Games

icongs_r1.gif
Gamestop
Games

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us
Games

icontarget.gif
Target
Games

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart
Consoles
Wii U Bundle Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Wii U Deluxe Sold out online & in store
Wii U Basic Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Games

Sears
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken

kmart.gif
Kmart
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in-store pre-orders were not taken

newegg.gif
Newegg
Deluxe Bundle Bundled with New Super Mario Bros U, Black Ops 2, and Zombi U-Out of Stock
Games

iconplayasia.gif
Play-Asia
Consoles/Games Reservation List Only for NTSC Basic & Deluxe models

Fry's Electronics
Consoles Both models sold out online
Games

Staples
Games

J&R
Consoles Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location.
Games

Nebraska Furniture Mart
Accessories
Games

:hot:Nintendo World Store
Consoles: Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location in NYC.

Notes:

• Newegg, as of now (Friday before launch) is selling the deluxe console as a bundle only. It is listed for immediate shipping, not as a pre-order.

• *Amazon email sent out to those who signed up for Wii U pre-order notification:
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank for you signing up to be notified when the Wii U is available.
Unfortunately the Wii U console is not available at Amazon.com at this time but please check back in the future, as availability may change. We do have the latest Wii U games and accessories available now so check them out. Thank you for shopping with Amazon Video Games.
System Information

YWbCj.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Man, too bad I assisted my 360 in having a power surge after it stopped reading discs. Could have dropped that trash onto GS and gotten a cheap WiiU. I really lost respect for Nintendo with the Wii, but it sounds like they really will be stepping up their game with the Wii U.

[quote name='Youngnoble']All first party games look to be priced that high.[/QUOTE]

Wii U games are $40, $50 or $60 depending on the game, at amazon.

[quote name='crunchewy']I highly doubt there will be any reason to have a second gamepad controller. They are too expensive such that almost nobody will get a second one, and that means that game developers are not going to have any incentive to put any effort into developing for that feature. There will probably be a handful of early games that support it, and then even Nintendo will abandon it. Which is fine, because those things are expensive. Multiplayer will come from wii remotes/nunchucks, pro controller, etc, combined with one gamepad in some cases.

I want to get a WiiU, but the low end model looks like a mistake, and the high end is more expensive than I was hoping. I think I'm going to have to wait for a price drop. :([/QUOTE]

I know how my nephews treat their game hardware and it scares my to think of all the kids out there wrecking one of these and parents having to shell out $100+ for a new one. :shock:

im going to wait for amazon on this, i dont trust gamestop with this type of preorder they will take a huge amount then not fullfil when its time, on the nintendo preorder page they have amazon listed as one of the retailers so i dont see a reason they wouldnt take preorder, im pretty sure they took preorders for the 3DS
http://www.nintendo.com/wiiu/buynow/

[quote name='TraBuch']I'm unbelievably pissed that Bayonetta 2 is a WiiU exclusive.[/QUOTE]

Well considering it is not a launch title who knows what might happen. I assume because it sold better in Japan that is the reason.

[quote name='crunchewy']Wii U games are $40, $50 or $60 depending on the game, at amazon.[/QUOTE]

Those are the titles not produced by nintendo directly. Even on amazon the first party titles are $99. I hope that trend fails.

I will probably bite on this to take advantage of the trade in bonus but unless something changes my mind I don't want the system. When is release date?

I JUST GOT MY DELUXE PRE-ORDER in GAMESTOP.COM. You guys should do the same before it SELLS OUT! Gamestop is guaranteed to get the most stock, and Amazon doesn't have it for pre-order yet. Unless you guys LIKE waiting for hours in the COLD with no place to pee??

It's not that $300 is completely unreasonable, but as things stand right now I don't see myself getting a Wii U, PS3, or Vita until Black Friday 2014 at the earliest. Dang...

I will still keep an eye on what comes out though.

[quote name='henry00x']im going to wait for amazon on this, i dont trust gamestop with this type of preorder they will take a huge amount then not fullfil when its time, on the nintendo preorder page they have amazon listed as one of the retailers so i dont see a reason they wouldnt take preorder, im pretty sure they took preorders for the 3DS
http://www.nintendo.com/wiiu/buynow/[/QUOTE]

Actually, Gamestop will be MOST likely to be able to fill all pre-orders, more likely than Amazon, since they are the earliest to post it, and will by far have the most purchasing power due to physical stores, etc. And NewEgg? When they do have it, forget about it, half the pre-orders will probably go unfilfilled.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Well considering it is not a launch title who knows what might happen. I assume because it sold better in Japan that is the reason.[/QUOTE]

Supposedly the game was actually cancelled until Nintendo stepped in a decided to publish it themselves. The basically there wouldn't be a Bayonetta 2 without Nintendo. I just wonder if they will release the original, as well. It always bothers me when a sequel comes to a system but you can't play the original.

Anyway, I don't think I'll be buying a Wii U, regardless.

How easy is it to cancel pre-orders from GS.com? And do they put a hold on the card? I'm wondering if I should throw an online pre-order on as insurance. The store manager told me i'd be fine, but the fact that it doesn't actually say "wii u" has me a bit worried.

[quote name='henry00x']im going to wait for amazon on this, i dont trust gamestop with this type of preorder they will take a huge amount then not fullfil when its time, on the nintendo preorder page they have amazon listed as one of the retailers so i dont see a reason they wouldnt take preorder, im pretty sure they took preorders for the 3DS [/QUOTE]

Might want to wait for a while since you know, you can see how many Nintendo hardware are being SOLD through Amazon...

[quote name='pedrobeara']this is not a deal[/QUOTE]

Considering it'll probably be selling in the secondary market for an extra $100 or $200 on day one, this is one of the rare cases were MSRP qualifies as a deal.

[quote name='ElektroDragon']Actually, Gamestop will be MOST likely to be able to fill all pre-orders, more likely than Amazon, since they are the earliest to post it, and will by far have the most purchasing power due to physical stores, etc. And NewEgg? When they do have it, forget about it, half the pre-orders will probably go unfilfilled.[/QUOTE]
This seems like worthless speculation. I've never had a problem with amazon OR newegg. Gamestop however...... In fact since they're the first to set up pre-orders there's a good chance they don't even know how many they're getting allotted and are just blindly taking pre-orders.

The price wouldn't bug me so much if there wasn't a measly 32 GB of storage. My 400 GB PS3 drive is nearly full. I can't imagine 32 GB would last long on anything... even game updates/patches would fill it up pretty fast.

Way to keep up with 2005 technology there, Nintendo!

[quote name='Frahps']Might want to wait for a while since you know, you can see how many Nintendo hardware are being SOLD through Amazon...[/QUOTE]
http://www.nintendo.com/wiiu/buynow/ Bottom of the page... can we drop this already? Obviously Amazon is going to sell this. There's profit to be made....

[quote name='TraBuch']I'm unbelievably pissed that Bayonetta 2 is a WiiU exclusive.[/QUOTE]Lots of titles in the past were "exclusive" to one console, though they magically seemed to get ported to other ones.

I'd think that it would be a timed exclusive only and not a true exclusive.

Basically, you pre-order and it goes as first come first serve. If the first shipment is say 20 systems, and say they have 40+ pre-orders, the first 20 people that pre-ordered will get theirs first shipment, the next 20 will get theirs the next shipment and so on.

[quote name='FadeToOne']The price wouldn't bug me so much if there wasn't a measly 32 GB of storage. My 400 GB PS3 drive is nearly full. I can't imagine 32 GB would last long on anything... even game updates/patches would fill it up pretty fast.

Way to keep up with 2005 technology there, Nintendo![/QUOTE]

It takes external hard drives so you can buy a Terabyte of space if you want, hell I have hard drives that are 300 gb that im not using that ill just turn into external and use that.

My local gamestop just called to tell me i could preorder it. I dont know...ive been waiting and waiting for one good reason to care about this system and its just not there...at least at launch. They might sell out given people's nature to buy into the hype around black friday...but im guessing theyll be available shortly thereafter.

[quote name='Woocls']http://www.nintendo.com/wiiu/buynow/ Bottom of the page... can we drop this already? Obviously Amazon is going to sell this. There's profit to be made....[/QUOTE]

And yet Amazon sells neither the 3DS, the 3DSXL nor the Wii currently. I believe there was an issue with excessive returns on the 3DS and Amazon got into a feud with Nintendo. Perhaps it has been smoothed over, but Amazon hasn't sold Nintendo consoles or handhelds since last Christmas. Until a pre-order actually opens on Amazon, I wouldn't rely on Nintendo's splash page of retailers.

[quote name='Deader2818']It takes external hard drives so you can buy a Terabyte of space if you want, hell I have hard drives that are 300 gb that im not using that ill just turn into external and use that.[/QUOTE]

If that's true then I guess that's at least better than the XBox tactic of "buy our $150 hard drive!"

Still, for $350, you have to expect more space than 32 GB. It's not a damn iPad.

The crazy thing is, this system is coming out in the US a month earlier then Japan! Thats unheard of, in terms of Nintendo's history. I think its to capitalize the launch of black ops II. And from what i read is that the tablet like controller is going to go for like 150-180 bucks by itself! I really hope Nintendo knows what its getting in to, I don't want to see another uDraw failure....

And well since its backwards compatable might as well get rid of my Wii before it becomes the next gamecube.

Speaking of Gamecube does anyone know if its Gamecube compatible? I might not get rid of my Wii at all if its not!

[quote name='bojay1997']And yet Amazon sells neither the 3DS, the 3DSXL nor the Wii currently. I believe there was an issue with excessive returns on the 3DS and Amazon got into a feud with Nintendo. Perhaps it has been smoothed over, but Amazon hasn't sold Nintendo consoles or handhelds since last Christmas. Until a pre-order actually opens on Amazon, I wouldn't rely on Nintendo's splash page of retailers.[/QUOTE]

Why bother posting retailers then? I do not think they would hype up amazon as a retailer, then not end up sending hardware to them. I hope they eventually do though, I have some Amazon credit burning a hole in my pocket right now.

[quote name='shrike4242']Lots of titles in the past were "exclusive" to one console, though they magically seemed to get ported to other ones.

I'd think that it would be a timed exclusive only and not a true exclusive.[/QUOTE]
But how many of those "exclusives" were published by Nintendo?

[quote name='LD_Helix']And well since its backwards compatable might as well get rid of my Wii before it becomes the next gamecube.

Speaking of Gamecube does anyone know if its Gamecube compatible? I might not get rid of my Wii at all if thats if its not![/QUOTE]I don't have a source, but it was confirmed a while back that the WiiU will not play Gamecube games, only Wii games.

That's probably one of the main reasons I'm not jumping on a WiiU until a new Metroid, Zelda, or Retro Studios (if they're not working on a title from either of those series) game is announced. I could look for a used GC on Amazon's marketplace or eBay, but the Wii still works, so...

[quote name='LD_Helix']The crazy thing is, this system is coming out in the US a month earlier then Japan! Thats unheard of, in terms of Nintendo's history. I think its to capitalize the launch of black ops II. And from what i read is that the tablet like controller is going to go for like 150-180 bucks by itself! I really hope Nintendo knows what its getting in to, I don't want to see another uDraw failure....

And well since its backwards compatable might as well get rid of my Wii before it becomes the next gamecube.

Speaking of Gamecube does anyone know if its Gamecube compatible? I might not get rid of my Wii at all if its not!
[/QUOTE]

From what I am hearing it is not.

[quote name='bojay1997']And yet Amazon sells neither the 3DS, the 3DSXL nor the Wii currently. I believe there was an issue with excessive returns on the 3DS and Amazon got into a feud with Nintendo. Perhaps it has been smoothed over, but Amazon hasn't sold Nintendo consoles or handhelds since last Christmas. Until a pre-order actually opens on Amazon, I wouldn't rely on Nintendo's splash page of retailers.[/QUOTE]

This is true, Amazon basically stopped selling all Nintendo consoles after they had problems with the original 3DS (probably a lot of returns because of the flaws in the system). Its possible they will carry the Wii U, but they could also just let 3rd party sellers make the sales, as they do now for all the other systems.

[quote name='LD_Helix']Speaking of Gamecube does anyone know if its Gamecube compatible? I might not get rid of my Wii at all if its not![/QUOTE]

Like the current gen Wii, the Wii U will not be backwards compatible with GC games. That said, I'm sure plenty will be available for download. (Can always count on the double-dip!)

You don't need to put down $50 for the preorder in-store. Just $25. I just did it. Not going to sit out in the cold like I did with the Wii. Just going to pay everything off beforehand and cruise into the store at 8am.

[quote name='PaleGreen']Like the current gen Wii, the Wii U will not be backwards compatible with GC games. That said, I'm sure plenty will be available for download. (Can always count on the double-dip!)[/QUOTE]

I thought that, too, until I saw the size of the HDD. Even in the "deluxe" version, 32GB is pretty hard to swallow for a new console. Gamecube games don't take a ton of space, but that space will get eaten up quickly.

About to head up to my store now, found some games i dont even play to cover the pre-order cost.

As stated above, I dont want to have to camp out somewhere for one.

[quote name='TraBuch']But how many of those "exclusives" were published by Nintendo?[/QUOTE]If Nintendo's publishing Bayonetta 2, then it's going exclusive.

Not sure why Platinum Games would have their sequel be Nintendo-only on an new, untested console, though that's their IP so who knows.

[quote name='LD_Helix']

Speaking of Gamecube does anyone know if its Gamecube compatible? I might not get rid of my Wii at all if its not![/QUOTE]

the Wii U is NOT Gamecube compatible, which is the reason im keeping my Wii

[quote name='shrike4242']If Nintendo's publishing Bayonetta 2, then it's going exclusive.

Not sure why Platinum Games would have their sequel be Nintendo-only on an new, untested console, though that's their IP so who knows.[/QUOTE]

Safe bet would be that somehow it involved a dumptruck full of money being dropped off at the Platinum offices

I'm not ready to pay the early-adopter tax. I would like a Wii U, but until they announce a new and full Zelda, Metroid, or Mario (not sports or New Super Mario Bros), I'm just going to wait and save my money.
Besides there will probably be a price drop or at least easy availability by then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back