Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconamazon.gif
Amazon
Consoles* Amazon did not take preorders, see note.
Games

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
Consoles Both models sold out online & in store
Games

icongs_r1.gif
Gamestop
Games

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us
Games

icontarget.gif
Target
Games

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart
Consoles
Wii U Bundle Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Wii U Deluxe Sold out online & in store
Wii U Basic Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Games

Sears
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken

kmart.gif
Kmart
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in-store pre-orders were not taken

newegg.gif
Newegg
Deluxe Bundle Bundled with New Super Mario Bros U, Black Ops 2, and Zombi U-Out of Stock
Games

iconplayasia.gif
Play-Asia
Consoles/Games Reservation List Only for NTSC Basic & Deluxe models

Fry's Electronics
Consoles Both models sold out online
Games

Staples
Games

J&R
Consoles Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location.
Games

Nebraska Furniture Mart
Accessories
Games

:hot:Nintendo World Store
Consoles: Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location in NYC.

Notes:

• Newegg, as of now (Friday before launch) is selling the deluxe console as a bundle only. It is listed for immediate shipping, not as a pre-order.

• *Amazon email sent out to those who signed up for Wii U pre-order notification:
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank for you signing up to be notified when the Wii U is available.
Unfortunately the Wii U console is not available at Amazon.com at this time but please check back in the future, as availability may change. We do have the latest Wii U games and accessories available now so check them out. Thank you for shopping with Amazon Video Games.
System Information

YWbCj.png

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Deader2818']Get an external Hard drive.[/QUOTE]

That would be a decent option if the Wii U wasn't already overpriced. I don't want to spend close to $400 just to have features that should be available on a $250 console. Anyway, maybe by the time the system becomes worth owning in terms of the games that are available, the price will have dropped significantly.

I looked at the gamestop website over my phone and saw the game list. Are all those launch titles? If so, holy smokes this might be an expensive day.

preordering through gamestop.com is going to cost you likely $400 for the deluxe between the added cost of shipping + tax, hence why i will wait for amazon, if they do not get the system no big deal, theres nothing THAT great about it coming out on launch

[quote name='FatBoyInside']Here's some GAMESTOP WiiU PRE-ORDER INFO (in-store only for now):

- $25 down for PUR members; $50 for non-members
- There will be old hardware system promotion for trade-in towards a WiiU pre-order (http://www.gamestop.com/tradeins#wiiutradeup)
--- $50 credit for old Wii system
--- $115 credit for phat PS3 and slim Xbox 360
--- $140 for slim PS3 system
--- $90 for 3DS system, PSVita, or original Xbox 360
--- ADDITIONAL $10 BONUS for PUR members
--- Expires 9/23/12

- NintendoLand game only is still $100 in the computer, so buying the Premium $350 bundle is a steal! :)[/QUOTE]
Does the additional $10 credit add automatically? Going to trade in my wii after school since I have 2 collcecting dust.

If the wii U turns out anything like the wii, then itll be really hard to get one. (besides preorders I mean). I seem to remember the Wii being sold out and hard to find a full TWO year after its release... And I believe it took a while for its price drop as well...

[quote name='Kuma']Safe bet would be that somehow it involved a dumptruck full of money being dropped off at the Platinum offices[/QUOTE]

Maybe not as much as one would think -- Bayonetta under-performed on the PS3/360, so it's pretty smart of Platinum to hitch their horse to a different wagon, particularly one where it'll be perceived as a much bigger game, rather than "some Japanese bullshit that isn't God of War." If I were them, I'd tie up a sequel to Vanquish, as well. That game was excellent, and sold, what? 10k? 20k?

[quote name='shopsmarts']I have zero interest in this Wii U. It's a system for suckers at 300 and 350. Buy a real system instead: PS3 or 360.[/QUOTE]
Agreed. Not to mention, they pigeon-hole you into the deluxe model. You really don't have a choice of which you get. If you get the basic one, you feel like low man on the totem pole because you don't get all the stuff that should come with it anyway. The basic one is like buying a car with no windows and a missing wheel. Good news is, PS3 price will drop and I can buy a second one of those. Sony and MS are laughing so hard right now they are pissing themselves.

[quote name='arsenalcrazy8']If the wii U turns out anything like the wii, then itll be really hard to get one. (besides preorders I mean). I seem to remember the Wii being sold out and hard to find a full TWO year after its release... And I believe it took a while for its price drop as well...[/QUOTE]

the system was more reasonably priced at $250 , compared to PS3 at the time which was going for $400-$500

Parents are looking at upwards of $400 cost just for the deluxe system and 1 additional game or even if they go with the basic for the kids they will still spend close to $400 with just the basic system + 1 game+ tax

[quote name='schuerm26']I looked at the gamestop website over my phone and saw the game list. Are all those launch titles? If so, holy smokes this might be an expensive day.[/QUOTE]

"Launch window" launch day. Count on 3-6 months for all of them, at least.

[quote name='Kuma']Safe bet would be that somehow it involved a dumptruck full of money being dropped off at the Platinum offices[/QUOTE]

Don't forget platinum games have all always been a fan of Nintendo. When they were clover studios they had a deal for 5 exclusive games. They also had the resident evil games( remake and zero) exclusive to Nintendo. These decisions led to them having to leave capcom because of poor sales. You'd think they learn from there past mistakes.

I looked at the gamestop website over my phone and saw the game list. Are all those launch titles? If so, holy smokes this might be an expensive day.

[quote name='crunchewy']Trading in a Wii for $60 toward a WiiU makes sense. I know I would do that. No point in keeping the Wii around. But I'd want to transfer our download games first. We don't have a lot of them, but I'd still want them. That might make a WiiU more feasible, though. Saves me about $40 bucks (taking into that I'd have to pay tax on the console). So I guess I'd have to wait for release and not pre-order. Also not sure how that would work. Will they let me buy the console, take it home and transfer, then come back with the Wii and get $60 back?[/QUOTE]

same here but i too have very few wii VC games and i havent touched them in ages. hell the most love the wii has gotten in years was xenoblade....but the wii u does have an SD card spot right???

[quote name='LD_Helix']The crazy thing is, this system is coming out in the US a month earlier then Japan! Thats unheard of, in terms of Nintendo's history. I think its to capitalize the launch of black ops II. And from what i read is that the tablet like controller is going to go for like 150-180 bucks by itself! I really hope Nintendo knows what its getting in to, I don't want to see another uDraw failure....

And well since its backwards compatable might as well get rid of my Wii before it becomes the next gamecube.

Speaking of Gamecube does anyone know if its Gamecube compatible? I might not get rid of my Wii at all if its not![/QUOTE]

im in the same boat. though a wii being traded in for around 60 dollars is tempting as hell. that would give me 240-50 in gamestop credit which would make the wii u quite affordable.

buying a GC used is always an option they run for 25-40 dollars it seems so that isnt a bad trade off.

i mean i do want a gamecube player as i have 60 gamecube games....but i dont need one right this second.

either way the offer is tempting

EDIT:

also bayonetta 2 yes please

yea like i'd spend $350 on a console about as strong as a ps3 with only 32gb.
no way I will be getting this until it hit $200 or less.

I don't get why its always "well id rather has a ps3 than a wii u!" I'll have both. Nintendo first party games are always worth it to have the system. I love having both since they both offer games you can't get on one system alone.

Maybe the system wont sell extremely well for hard core games off the bat, but just like the Wii that people mocked, it will fly off the shelf, and will be hard to find.

[quote name='usrevenge']yea like i'd spend $350 on a console about as strong as a ps3 with only 32gb.
no way I will be getting this until it hit $200 or less.[/QUOTE]

i really dont understand why they only managed 32gb of internal storage that is a damn joke, smh , like another poster said theres only 1 choice its the deluxe, the basic one with 8gb storage is a waste of $

$140 for my PS3 Slim? I haven't really played my PS3 much....tempting. But not seeing too many must have games. Decisions.

[quote name='trq']Maybe not as much as one would think -- Bayonetta under-performed on the PS3/360, so it's pretty smart of Platinum to hitch their horse to a different wagon, particularly one where it'll be perceived as a much bigger game, rather than "some Japanese bullshit that isn't God of War." If I were them, I'd tie up a sequel to Vanquish, as well. That game was excellent, and sold, what? 10k? 20k?[/QUOTE]

yea good point. and yea vaniquish sold like dog-shit.

but so did the nintendo exclusive madworld....but maybe with nintendo publishing this game finnally platinum games can sell a million or more copies of one of their awesome games.

[quote name='henry00x']i really dont understand why they only managed 32gb of internal storage that is a damn joke, smh , like another poster said theres only 1 choice its the deluxe, the basic one with 8gb storage is a waste of $[/QUOTE]

You can use your own external hard drive, and Nintendo wanted to keep the cost down:

"You can plug in a full-on three terabyte hard drive if you want. I'll love you as a digital consumer," Nintendo America CEO and president Reggie Fils-Aime told Engadget. "The reason we did it that way is that the cost of that type of storage memory is plummeting. What we didn't want to do is tie a profit model to something that's gonna rapidly decline over time. We'll let the consumer buy as much as they want, as cheaply as they want."

my original wii was boxed away a long time ago, even if wii U did have very impressive specs, it's a brand that doesn't resonate with me anymore.

[quote name='henry00x']i really dont understand why they only managed 32gb of internal storage that is a damn joke, smh , like another poster said theres only 1 choice its the deluxe, the basic one with 8gb storage is a waste of $[/QUOTE]

They explained that they didn't want to lock in on a size limit on something that is rapidly decreasing in price. They'd have to buy tons at a locked price that months later would be sooooo much cheaper.

The system features the ability to plug in any external memory device of any size and use that too. So.....bring whatever size to the party you want?

[quote name='shrike4242']If Nintendo's publishing Bayonetta 2, then it's going exclusive.

Not sure why Platinum Games would have their sequel be Nintendo-only on an new, untested console, though that's their IP so who knows.[/QUOTE]

As well as the aforementioned dump trucks (although I would think it more along the lines of a single pickup truck) of cash, having an exclusive game on launch system isn't necessarily a bad place to be. Red Steel sold alot on the Wii despite being pretty bad because they didn't have much competition. Yeah, the user base is small compared to current systems but people NEED games when they buy a new system vs. oh, I'll wait for it to get cheaper/buy it used for games the current consoles. So the competition is much less, and given the wiiU launch lineup is fairly heavy on ports of games already on other current systems, having a proper exclusive with more grown up content isn't a bad place to be....And Bayonetta 2 is one of those properties that neither MS or Sony would be all that excited about.

You would get more $ on Ebay to sell your Wii, more than the $60 at GS. Also if you sell your Wii's then you can't play GC games, since the WiiU won't play them, and have to pay $40 to buy a used beat up GC, which eats into the GS $60 bucks. That is if you want to be complete on new Gen Nintendo games and systems from the last 10 years. Also if you sell your Wii's you have to sell the nunchuck and controllers with it and won't be able to use them for Wii games on the WiiU.

[quote name='Drclaw411']I was in the same boat as you. But with NSMBU, ZombiU, Pikmin 3, and Smash Bros...I'm sold :D[/QUOTE]

the creator confirmed that we won't see that smash bros game for 2-3 years though

[quote name='henry00x']the system was more reasonably priced at $250 , compared to PS3 at the time which was going for $400-$500

Parents are looking at upwards of $400 cost just for the deluxe system and 1 additional game or even if they go with the basic for the kids they will still spend close to $400 with just the basic system + 1 game+ tax[/QUOTE]
Although the price does seem considerably higher than the Wii launch, keep in mind that all of the Wii remotes, nunchucks, CC / CC pros will be compatible and still be used as the primary input source with the Wii U (barring the Wii U CC Pro). Assuming you already have those, that alone can save $50-$100 at launch compared to not only the original Wii launch, but any major console release.

As for additional games, Nintendoland is looking at least two times more robust than Wii Sports was, so that game alone, along with the Wii backward compatibility, should be enough to entertain for at least a month until Christmas.

So assuming the average console consumer has at least one or two sets of wii remotes and nunchucks (which is fair if this is a family upgrade purchase), The $350 plus tax route is very similar in pricing to the original Wii launch ($250) plus extra Wii remote ($50) plus possible nunchuck ($20), a $30-50 dollar difference is not very significant, especially if you consider that the launches are six years apart, some inflation can account for that.

The external hard drive will be an additional cost, but its safe to say you can wait some time after launch before it would become a necessity, and can get one on the cheap / already have one anyways.

[quote name='KlaytonAmory']They explained that they didn't want to lock in on a size limit on something that is rapidly decreasing in price. They'd have to buy tons at a locked price that months later would be sooooo much cheaper.

The system features the ability to plug in any external memory device of any size and use that too. So.....bring whatever size to the party you want?[/QUOTE]

Nice, I didn't know about that. I was a little confused as well, since I thought I read they were suppose to have DLC on this new console.

[quote name='cag1000']You would get more $ on Ebay to sell your Wii, more than the $60 at GS. Also if you sell your Wii's then you can't play GC games, and pay $40 to buy a used beat up GC, since the WiiU won't play them. Also if you sell your Wii's you have to sell the nunchuck and controllers with it and won't be able to use them for Wii games on the WiiU.[/QUOTE]

got plenty of controllers. so not an issue. also not every used gamecube will be too badly beaten up. though that is a factor.

me personally i just found 5 textbooks buried in my closet im trading into amazon....in mint condition because God knows they never make me use the textbooks at class.

[quote name='Deader2818']Maybe the system wont sell extremely well for hard core games off the bat, but just like the Wii that people mocked, it will fly off the shelf, and will be hard to find.[/QUOTE]

I don't see this happening. At the time the Wii released the other system were easily well over $350 and the Wii was reasonably priced alternative. Now its the reverse with Nintendo selling the most expensive system to market and the other older systems are going to be the alternative. The demand for the WiiU might initially be there but I don't think its going to sustain that demand. Especially since parents aren't going to spend $350+ so little jimmy can get a new system. For that prince they can get them a 360, Ps3, or even an iPad.

Also seems to me that these hardware shortages are always always PR speak.

I would personally be shocked if this is not hard to find before Christmas. Nintendo is masterful at marketing their systems. If it doesn't have huge demand they will probably just limit the supply to create hype. They would probably sacrifice short term sales for the long term buzz scarcity provides.

While the msrp of the Wii was lower, they were selling in the secondary market for even more than the U is coming out at. Parents are willing to spend 400 on a system at Christmas. I don't think that price is what will determine the systems success in the short term- marketing will. If they can make it the must have x-max present, price will be irrelevant.

Thank you for this post OP. I just went to my Gamestop, put my 25$ down (long as you have power up card) and I am the FIRST reserve for them. Meaning.. even if 1st shipment only gets 2-4 (Has happened for Wii/PS3 launches) Im 1st no matter what. ^^

Edit: Yes my Sku for deluxe is 020358, Available Sku 1

[quote name='maxrenderer']Not to mention, they pigeon-hole you into the deluxe model. You really don't have a choice of which you get. If you get the basic one, you feel like low man on the totem pole because you don't get all the stuff that should come with it anyway. The basic one is like buying a car with no windows and a missing wheel. Good news is, PS3 price will drop and I can buy a second one of those. Sony and MS are laughing so hard right now they are pissing themselves.[/QUOTE]

Yes. Microsoft, the people who sell a version of their console that has so little memory, it can't play one of their own first party games, is laughing. Right.

[quote name='henry00x']the system was more reasonably priced at $250 , compared to PS3 at the time which was going for $400-$500[/QUOTE]

Actually, the PS3 at that point was still $599. But I think you're right that the price of the Wii *in comparison to other consoles* was a factor. I don't think a $50 difference is particularly significant (Wii v. Wii U), but it'll become more apparent when the next PlayStation/Xbox launch, probably at significantly higher prices. *That's* when we'll see a Wii U price drop. The difference between, say, $499 and even $250 is going to be a big deal.

[quote name='Youngnoble']Don't forget platinum games have all always been a fan of Nintendo. When they were clover studios they had a deal for 5 exclusive games. They also had the resident evil games( remake and zero) exclusive to Nintendo. These decisions led to them having to leave capcom because of poor sales. You'd think they learn from there past mistakes.[/QUOTE]

True, Platinum has always had good relations with Nintendo. See: Kamiya's recent thoughts on the originality of PlayStation All-Stars. But 1) The Capcom Five weren't all from Clover: only Viewtiful Joe. 2) Again, REmake and Zero are Capcom, not Clover. 3) Capcom disbanded Clover after poor sales of Okami. You know: the PS2 game.

[quote name='kayne2000']but the wii u does have an SD card spot right???[/QUOTE]

Yup. That's the reasoning behind the relatively small on-board memory.

[quote name='FadeToOne']If that's true then I guess that's at least better than the XBox tactic of "buy our $150 hard drive!"

Still, for $350, you have to expect more space than 32 GB. It's not a damn iPad.[/QUOTE]

Who cares? Memory is cheap and falls every single day and they are making it easy to expand. They set it at 32 because they figure most people won't need more.

ahhh i don't care.

not gonna get myself into another economics discussion.

nevermind folks.

Since Amazon has kept me waiting, i just preordered from GameStop.com... Came out to nearly $400 (deluxe+tax+1 day shipping). I hope that one day shipping is on the actual release date.

I'll still order a second one... From Amazon. Perhaps put it on the eBayz.... $$

I wonder how long for a price drop?

I got my PS3 just in March....haven't played it much. But Gamestop will give me $140....which is technically $10 more than what I payed for it. If I hurry and take it then I'm just paying $209 or so. If I don't trade my PS3 in then I'm looking @ $349. Come to think of it, there's a possibilty the PS3 will drop in price so I can always get it again later. I mostly play the Xbox 360. Choices....any help ya'll?

[quote name='blinknot4']Since Amazon has kept me waiting, i just preordered from GameStop.com... Came out to nearly $400 (deluxe+tax+1 day shipping). I hope that one day shipping is on the actual release date.

I'll still order a second one... From Amazon. Perhaps put it on the eBayz.... $$[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I wouldve on Amazon.. However if you ever worked at Gamestop (I have) and been through system launches. You know how quick these Skus can be turned off. They normally dont let but "x" amount be reserved. At holidays people go nuts and they never get the full amount of reserves in on week 1. So they go down a list.. in order. And yea.. right before black friday and xmas.. this one is to be nuts again. So I am happy I am #1 on the reserve. ^^

Amazon.. once it goes live, you KNOW will be backed up SOOOOO quick!

Don't get paid till tomorrow, so I'll make Gamestop my first stop in the morning. I'm hoping that only waiting a day won't wreck my chances of getting one on day one.

[quote name='wohomerhoo']Amazon changed the prices of some of their $99 Wii U games to $59. Maybe they are getting ready to open pre-orders[/QUOTE]

Refresh, refresh, refresh, refresh... :bouncy:

bad news i have so far at least 5 or 6 wii games where the save data cannot be copied...thanks developers. thank you. in my library of 20 wii games and i havent gone through all of the save files yet so far at least half of them cannot be moved or copied to an SD spot.

simply wow....

Let me be clear to everyone. The Wii U will not ship no more than 10 per store. PERIOD. I got this information from my conference call. The thing is, the more pre-orders, the more consoles shipped

So, I am not a Nintendo fanboy or anything but this needs to be said:

Extra Wii U controllers - who cares how much they cost, you don't need an extra one.
32GB hard drive - It's SSD. On Newegg, a 32Gb drive is $50 while a 256 is $200+.
It's not a "real system" - The Wii U has just as good if not better hardware than current gen consoles.
"$100 Games" - prices like that are just placeholders until retailers get the real prices. What, do you think 1000 games come out on 12/31 every year too?

[quote name='Linkgx1']I wonder how long for a price drop?

I got my PS3 just in March....haven't played it much. But Gamestop will give me $140....which is technically $10 more than what I payed for it. If I hurry and take it then I'm just paying $209 or so. If I don't trade my PS3 in then I'm looking @ $349. Come to think of it, there's a possibilty the PS3 will drop in price so I can always get it again later. I mostly play the Xbox 360. Choices....any help ya'll?[/QUOTE]
Depends what you like. I play mostly single player (since I play games to get away from people), so PS3 is right for me (with Uncharted, inFamous and all those types). I'll be getting another PS3 when the price drops so my son can have mine. If you like multiplayer, I hear the 360 is best for that, but I don't have one, so I can't confirm. I'm not sure what the Wii-U experience will be like, but I know my Wii is collecting dust, so I see that happening again to me (therefore, I'm not buying one). Either way, don't listen to the fanboys, just figure out what will make you the happiest and go with that. Life's too short to be worrying about what others think. Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one and they all stink. Hope I helped. Peace.

Why the WiiU won't sell as well as the Wii: A History Lesson -

Way back in 2006 the $249 Wii Sports bundle was sold out for 2 years b/c the other 2 competing consoles were much more expensive and every aunt uncle and parent wanted to play the newly controlled games. Now it's 2012 and every aunt uncle and parent want to find a good paying job, not another tablet to play games on, they already have a Kindle Fire for that. And to complicate matters for themselves Nintendo is releasing a white $299 basic unit and a black $349 bundle, so while buyers are busy trying to decide between those 2 they'll see the $149 Wii, $249 PS3 and $199 Xbox360 next to them on store shelves. That's 3 alternative systems, all cheaper, for Santa to leave under the tree. That's not even counting the Wonderbook Move and Star Wars Kinect bundles.

Not saying it won't sell out at times, but no way no how it sells as well as the Wii did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back