Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconamazon.gif
Amazon
Consoles* Amazon did not take preorders, see note.
Games

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
Consoles Both models sold out online & in store
Games

icongs_r1.gif
Gamestop
Games

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us
Games

icontarget.gif
Target
Games

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart
Consoles
Wii U Bundle Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Wii U Deluxe Sold out online & in store
Wii U Basic Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Games

Sears
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken

kmart.gif
Kmart
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in-store pre-orders were not taken

newegg.gif
Newegg
Deluxe Bundle Bundled with New Super Mario Bros U, Black Ops 2, and Zombi U-Out of Stock
Games

iconplayasia.gif
Play-Asia
Consoles/Games Reservation List Only for NTSC Basic & Deluxe models

Fry's Electronics
Consoles Both models sold out online
Games

Staples
Games

J&R
Consoles Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location.
Games

Nebraska Furniture Mart
Accessories
Games

:hot:Nintendo World Store
Consoles: Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location in NYC.

Notes:

• Newegg, as of now (Friday before launch) is selling the deluxe console as a bundle only. It is listed for immediate shipping, not as a pre-order.

• *Amazon email sent out to those who signed up for Wii U pre-order notification:
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank for you signing up to be notified when the Wii U is available.
Unfortunately the Wii U console is not available at Amazon.com at this time but please check back in the future, as availability may change. We do have the latest Wii U games and accessories available now so check them out. Thank you for shopping with Amazon Video Games.
System Information

YWbCj.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah, I thought they meant it actually came right back to you in Wii Point format (Kind of like Xbox Rewards but faster)

Either way, still a pretty awesome program, especially since its technically free.

[quote name='rockstarnati']Wii came out here first as well.[/QUOTE]

Correct. Nintendo just releases it here a little earlier because of Black Friday shopping, something which doesn't take place overseas.

Do you guys think this will be a Black Friday deal buster or something? I'll probably wait a little more before i put down money on this thing.

[quote name='CAGkrazy']Do you guys think this will be a Black Friday deal buster or something? I'll probably wait a little more before i put down money on this thing.[/QUOTE]

I'll be honest, I think several of us are hoping to flip a few to pay for one. If this thing stalls out of the game, there will be a lot of dumped preorders

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']Those of you waiting for Amazon.com, good luck. Amazon pulled all their Nintendo consoles since June. And then they also pulled the 3DS late last year, put it back on, pulled it again.[/QUOTE]

True. I'm just keeping hope alive for Amazon because Ninty does show them at the bottom of their buy page, here:

www.nintendo.com/wiiu/buynow

[quote name='CAGkrazy']Do you guys think this will be a Black Friday deal buster or something? I'll probably wait a little more before i put down money on this thing.[/QUOTE]

I would say that's almost guaranteed. I think that is the whole reasoning behind the November release date. I would be VERY surprised if there weren't any bundles or other incentives for Black Friday.

So. Anyone had more word on friend codes? Seems to be a new system still going to use it, But might be like 3DS. Just 1 code for all.

Personally I just want an Animal Crossing WiiU where I could play with random people.. or have random people join my town overnight. (And you could lock the town. Randoms cant change your town or destroy things or change unless they were added as a friend)

As for black friday. I think they may just be a door breaker for "We have 10 in stock for the public" not a price drop or bundle.

[quote name='caltab']I would personally be shocked if this is not hard to find before Christmas. Nintendo is masterful at marketing their systems. If it doesn't have huge demand they will probably just limit the supply to create hype. They would probably sacrifice short term sales for the long term buzz scarcity provides.

While the msrp of the Wii was lower, they were selling in the secondary market for even more than the U is coming out at. Parents are willing to spend 400 on a system at Christmas. I don't think that price is what will determine the systems success in the short term- marketing will. If they can make it the must have x-max present, price will be irrelevant.[/QUOTE]
They've sure done a shitty job of marketing it thus far. Hell half the public didnt even know it was a new console lol.

I'd really hope they'd just move into a streamlined system like Xbox or PS3. The whole Friend Code thing was cool at first, now its just archaic.

Seems more likely especially since theres a Trophy/Achievement system for it.

[quote name='SKEETER']I would say that's almost guaranteed. I think that is the whole reasoning behind the November release date. I would be VERY surprised if there weren't any bundles or other incentives for Black Friday.[/QUOTE]

I would say its certainly not guaranteed at all. The thing comes out a week or 2 before Black Friday and you think there will retailer specific bundles or sales? No chance. Itll be advertised all over the place but just for the skus nintendo unveiled today.

Just got my Wii U preordered at Gamestop. Got the deluxe version.

For those curious about a Black Friday deal, I am just speculating, but I'd say its probably not going to happen. Based on every console launch I've seen in the past (okay maybe not Vita), supplies are SUPER limited first week. My guess is that pre-orders will sell out within the week at pretty much all retailers. Remember, this release Sunday is the weekend before Black Friday. For there to be a doorbuster deal on Black Friday, that would mean that not only did pre-orders not sell out, but there were enough Wii U's left on the shelf 5 or 6 days later that they can offer a big deal. My guess (remember.. guess) is that there will be no Black Friday Wii U deals, in fact, the best deal of all would be actually FINDING a Wii U come that Friday.

Games are another story. It's certainly possible to see some game deals posted at BB or GS, but even there, I am doubtful. It's just going to be too much in demand to warrant a deal. It's like an iPad, those things all sell out like within 5 minutes of release, you never see an iPad sale until like 2 years after it comes out.

I preordered, I don't want it, selling to a soccer mom after release for profit OR will just get my money back. It's worth a $25 gamble as there will always be demand for a new system no matter how crappy the Wii was.

[quote name='BargainGamer']This time I'll wait until some decent games are released and not give into the hype of a new console and probably will wait for a price drop 2-3 years later since I'm in no hurry to be the first to own anything.[/QUOTE]

Id say im going to wait to buy it, but in 2 to 3 years this thing will be such a distant memory when the real next gen systems are out. I will likely never buy the Wii U.

[quote name='FaidSint']
Games are another story. It's certainly possible to see some game deals posted at BB or GS, but even there, I am doubtful. It's just going to be too much in demand to warrant a deal. It's like an iPad, those things all sell out like within 5 minutes of release, you never see an iPad sale until like 2 years after it comes out.[/QUOTE]
Just wait for newegg's pre-order promo coupons. ;)

[quote name='gentlyporking']Something that you will check out once after purchasing the system and then never go back to it again.[/QUOTE]

Unless you're six years old.

[quote name='htz']I'm starting to worry that the next xbox and playstation will cost an arm and leg again if nintendo can get away with selling the wii u for $300-$350. This should push the next xbox to around the $450-$500 price range, and Sony should be smart enough to stay the same price range as the next xbox.[/QUOTE]

Yeah but those systems will be worth it. They wont have 6 year old tech in them on Day 1.

No way will there be a black friday deal on this unless preorders are like 10% of expected or something. I don't think it's ever happened that quickly after a console launch.
But I bet most of the initial supply is going to the secondary market. The "real" market doesn't even know it exists yet.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']I would say its certainly not guaranteed at all. The thing comes out a week or 2 before Black Friday and you think there will retailer specific bundles or sales? No chance. Itll be advertised all over the place but just for the skus nintendo unveiled today.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='FaidSint']Just got my Wii U preordered at Gamestop. Got the deluxe version.

For those curious about a Black Friday deal, I am just speculating, but I'd say its probably not going to happen. Based on every console launch I've seen in the past (okay maybe not Vita), supplies are SUPER limited first week. My guess is that pre-orders will sell out within the week at pretty much all retailers. Remember, this release Sunday is the weekend before Black Friday. For there to be a doorbuster deal on Black Friday, that would mean that not only did pre-orders not sell out, but there were enough Wii U's left on the shelf 5 or 6 days later that they can offer a big deal. My guess (remember.. guess) is that there will be no Black Friday Wii U deals, in fact, the best deal of all would be actually FINDING a Wii U come that Friday.

Games are another story. It's certainly possible to see some game deals posted at BB or GS, but even there, I am doubtful. It's just going to be too much in demand to warrant a deal. It's like an iPad, those things all sell out like within 5 minutes of release, you never see an iPad sale until like 2 years after it comes out.[/QUOTE]

There will be no BF deals unless there is NOT as much demand as some might speculate. Lots of people still don't know about (or even want to buy) a Wii U. Nintendo put all their eggs into this basket and are going to push hard for sales, even if that means having BF deals of SOME sort whether it be bundles, game discounts, etc....guess we'll just have to wait and see...

^^ Next gen Playstation and Xbox will definitely be $400-450 at the very minimum for the basic model. Even last gen was $299/399 360 and $499/$599 PS3 because of bluray. Seems the natural progression and it'll still be cheaper than the PS3 was so considered a "deal".

Edit: Also consider that these 2 new systems will actually have games worth playing besides a once a year 1st party release.

[quote name='62t']The ps3 wasn't worth it on day 1[/QUOTE]

Sure it was. You got a brand new bluray player on top of a console when all the other bluray players at the time were close to a grand. That alone made it worth it to those who had the money.

[quote name='SKEETER']There will be no BF deals unless there is NOT as much demand as some might speculate. Lots of people still don't know about (or even want to buy) a Wii U. Nintendo put all their eggs into this basket and are going to push hard for sales, even if that means having BF deals of SOME sort whether it be bundles, game discounts, etc....guess we'll just have to wait and see...[/QUOTE]

It will sell out at first i think....i think. They have no huge word of mouth game though like wii sports to spark interest. I really wonder with this price point where nintendo thinks all the sales are coming from? Fanboys and scalpers will be there on Day 1 but wheres the buzz? Nobody really gives a crap about a tablet controller and those who do probably already own a real tablet.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']Sure it was. You got a brand new bluray player on top of a console when all the other bluray players at the time were close to a grand. That alone made it worth it to those who had the money.[/QUOTE]

Definitely worth it. You also got a system that was guaranteed to break within two years due to shotty design. Also, who can forget Riiiiidge Racer! Worth it for that alone.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']Sure it was. You got a brand new bluray player on top of a console when all the other bluray players at the time were close to a grand. That alone made it worth it to those who had the money.[/QUOTE]

And that's the funny thing about PS3, as that most people who bought it day one wanted the Blu Ray player. Because lets face it, the launch games, and even games 6 months after release were mostly ports and sports games.

[quote name='SKEETER']I would say that's almost guaranteed. I think that is the whole reasoning behind the November release date. I would be VERY surprised if there weren't any bundles or other incentives for Black Friday.[/QUOTE]

I think the November release date may have a lot more to do with a certain game that rhymes with Flack Tops Brew

[quote name='crunchewy']I think the November release date may have a lot more to do with a certain game that rhymes with Flack Tops Brew[/QUOTE]

lololol...so true...

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']And that's the funny thing about PS3, as that most people who bought it day one wanted the Blu Ray player. Because lets face it, the launch games, and even games 6 months after release were mostly ports and sports games.[/QUOTE]
I agree with you there. The launch lineup had some big duds (Lair). So perhaps if you were just a gamer then it wasnt worth it at first...but im guessing most people with an HDTV in 2006 wanted that bluray player too.

[quote name='Mysticales']So. Anyone had more word on friend codes? Seems to be a new system still going to use it, But might be like 3DS. Just 1 code for all.

Personally I just want an Animal Crossing WiiU where I could play with random people.. or have random people join my town overnight. (And you could lock the town. Randoms cant change your town or destroy things or change unless they were added as a friend)

As for black friday. I think they may just be a door breaker for "We have 10 in stock for the public" not a price drop or bundle.[/QUOTE]

A while back Reggie said you did not need to know anyones friend code to add them. I believe that means you will have a username of your own devising, but behind the scenes there's a friend code associated with each username. You'll only need the username to add someone to your friend list. If the user changes their username, their friend code stays the same, so that it can kept track of people regardless of username.

My big question, though, is is the friend code/username associated with the console. I really hope not. It better have multiple accounts or I will be pretty unhappy. I'm hopeful, though, that they figured that out by now.

[quote name='KingofGames']Definitely worth it. You also got a system that was guaranteed to break within two years due to shotty design. Also, who can forget Riiiiidge Racer! Worth it for that alone.[/QUOTE]

I still have my launch system. PS3 was no 360. All systems have a failure rate. Hell Nintendo had to replace my Wii due to a bad video card. And I went through 4 360s before i finally got one thats lasted a few years.

What's the point of the basic edition? It's a waste as far as I'm concerned. Just pay the extra $50. Also what the hell is up with the 8 and 32gb? That's not enough space for a "next gen" or a current gen gaming console for that matter. Ps3 and xbox 360 has three times as much space.

I'm pretty excited for the WiiU. I may have to toss in a preorder. If the launch line up has ZombieU, Mario, Pikmin, and a few others then it will probably be one of the best launch line ups in a while. Looking at you PS3 and the 360's wasn't too hot either. Best 360 game at launch was Kameo (still is a great game too).

[quote name='JaylisJayP']I still have my launch system. PS3 was no 360. All systems have a failure rate. Hell Nintendo had to replace my Wii due to a bad video card. And I went through 4 360s before i finally got one thats lasted a few years.[/QUOTE]

The YLOD is almost assuredly inevitable on launch PS3's. You are the exception to the rule.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']I agree with you there. The launch lineup had some big duds (Lair). So perhaps if you were just a gamer then it wasnt worth it at first...but im guessing most people with an HDTV in 2006 wanted that bluray player too.[/QUOTE]

It's a great system now, but when it first came out if you weren't using it as a blu ray player, you were probably better off with a 360. Hell, I was going to buy one at launch for the BD player, but I didn't want to spend the money at the time.

And I agree with most people on here that Wii U is outdated hardware, but I love Nintendo games too much so I'm going to buy one. But there are way too many ports for it's launch line up.

[quote name='ShadyAve']What's the point of the basic edition? It's a waste as far as I'm concerned. Just pay the extra $50. Also what the hell is up with the 8 and 32gb? That's not enough space for a "next gen" or a current gen gaming console for that matter. Ps3 and xbox 360 has three times as much space.[/QUOTE]

Sigh...it has been stated many times that you can use any size external memory either via USB or SD card so it doesn't matter...can we get off the "It only has X amount of GBs" argument already? :roll:

[quote name='Blaster man']Will they sell me a console for $40 less if they don't put in a controller? I already have 4 motion plus controllers and don't want/need a 5th.[/QUOTE]

It doesn't come with a Wii Remote.

My store did Wii U pre orders for $25 if you're a powerup rewards member, $50 if you aren't... He said it was this week only for that price or something. I pre ordered the deluxe edition.

Store manager also said they will be able to fulfill all pre orders they get, and will only have a total of 10 more than pre order totals by christmas. (I guess, assuming the Wii U is successful, lol)

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']It doesn't come with a Wii Remote.[/QUOTE]

Wait, WHAT? I thought the Wii controller was integral to it? I guess I haven't read up on it enough. The articles I've read are pretty light on information other than mentioning SKU's and memory. So the Wii U doesn't use motion controls...?

[quote name='Blaster man']Will they sell me a console for $40 less if they don't put in a controller? I already have 4 motion plus controllers and don't want/need a 5th.[/QUOTE]

No wiimotes with this one just the gamepad...plus I think you'll probably need the gamepad for certain games like ZombieU so you wouldn't want to have to buy that separately since it will cost quite a bit.

Well if u were plannin on getting Nintendo World, you would be crazy not to just pick up the premium bundle obviously.... Im going to hold off until after the holidays and after March, when Monster Hunter comes out and we can see how it helped move systems.

[quote name='Blaster man']Wait, WHAT? I thought the Wii controller was integral to it? I guess I haven't read up on it enough. The articles I've read are pretty light on information other than mentioning SKU's and memory. So the Wii U doesn't use motion controls...?[/QUOTE]

It works with all existing Wii hardware so no need to buy extra controllers, but Reggie did say there will be Wii U branded wiimotes available for purchase separately.

[quote name='crunchewy']I think the November release date may have a lot more to do with a certain game that rhymes with Flack Tops Brew[/QUOTE]

Personally I'm looking forward to Flaliens: Bolognial Sardines. That game looks great on Wii-U.

[quote name='Slight Defect']Well if u were plannin on getting Nintendo World, you would be crazy not to just pick up the premium bundle obviously.... Im going to hold off until after the holidays and after March, when Monster Hunter comes out and we can see how it helped move systems.[/QUOTE]

I just wish the deluxe console came in white, all my consoles right now are black. Oh well, it's not that big of a deal.

[quote name='SKEETER']Sigh...it has been stated many times that you can use any size external memory either via USB or SD card so it doesn't matter...can we get off the "It only has X amount of GBs" argument already? :roll:[/QUOTE]
Sigh... no reason to be an ass about it. That's why i asked the question, so someone could enlighten me about it. I have no issue with Nintendo. Just was curious about the GB space. If you're going to answer the question fine, but no need for all the extra nonsense. :roll:

[quote name='poker360']

Store manager also said they will be able to fulfill all pre orders they get, and will only have a total of 10 more than pre order totals by christmas. (I guess, assuming the Wii U is successful, lol)[/QUOTE]

I used to work at a Gamestop as SM, let me just tell you, incase you have not heard, that SM is full of it. He/she would say the same thing to get you to preorder ANYTHING, there is no way to know his allocation, as its not even up to him....
I was there for the 360 launch, I had to make several phone calls telling people that they were not getting their system at launch and had to wait a week, it was a BIG problem that happened all over the country, not just Gamestop, but there we were, selling preorders the same way because thats what corporate wanted......

Didn't play the Wii much at all, but I'm a sucker for new gadgets I don't need. I have an old PS3 under my bed I'll likely trade in towards the Wii U to cut the cost down some. Now to build up enough trade credit to get this paper weight cheaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back