Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconamazon.gif
Amazon
Consoles* Amazon did not take preorders, see note.
Games

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
Consoles Both models sold out online & in store
Games

icongs_r1.gif
Gamestop
Games

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us
Games

icontarget.gif
Target
Games

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart
Consoles
Wii U Bundle Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Wii U Deluxe Sold out online & in store
Wii U Basic Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Games

Sears
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken

kmart.gif
Kmart
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in-store pre-orders were not taken

newegg.gif
Newegg
Deluxe Bundle Bundled with New Super Mario Bros U, Black Ops 2, and Zombi U-Out of Stock
Games

iconplayasia.gif
Play-Asia
Consoles/Games Reservation List Only for NTSC Basic & Deluxe models

Fry's Electronics
Consoles Both models sold out online
Games

Staples
Games

J&R
Consoles Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location.
Games

Nebraska Furniture Mart
Accessories
Games

:hot:Nintendo World Store
Consoles: Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location in NYC.

Notes:

• Newegg, as of now (Friday before launch) is selling the deluxe console as a bundle only. It is listed for immediate shipping, not as a pre-order.

• *Amazon email sent out to those who signed up for Wii U pre-order notification:
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank for you signing up to be notified when the Wii U is available.
Unfortunately the Wii U console is not available at Amazon.com at this time but please check back in the future, as availability may change. We do have the latest Wii U games and accessories available now so check them out. Thank you for shopping with Amazon Video Games.
System Information

YWbCj.png

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']I just wish the deluxe console came in white, all my consoles right now are black. Oh well, it's not that big of a deal.[/QUOTE]
haha ohh yeah there is THAT

[quote name='Slight Defect']I used to work at a Gamestop as SM, let me just tell you, incase you have not heard, that SM is full of it. He/she would say the same thing to get you to preorder ANYTHING, there is no way to know his allocation, as its not even up to him....[/QUOTE]

Interesting. He already knew I was pre ordering it, I didn't need any reassurance or anything about it and he knows that.

[quote name='SKEETER']No wiimotes with this one just the gamepad...plus I think you'll probably need the gamepad for certain games like ZombieU so you wouldn't want to have to buy that separately since it will cost quite a bit.[/QUOTE]

Is the gamepad the same as the "tablet"?

[quote name='ShadyAve']Sigh... no reason to be an ass about it. That's why i asked the question, so someone could enlighten me about it. I have no issue with Nintendo. Just was curious about the GB space. If you're going to answer the question fine, but no need for all the extra nonsense. :roll:[/QUOTE]

I didn't say anything about you having an issue with Nintendo although it's apparent that you have issues in general. I thought one would bother reading a few posts in a thread before asking questions, my mistake. :booty:

[quote name='KingofGames']The YLOD is almost assuredly inevitable on launch PS3's. You are the exception to the rule.[/QUOTE]

Then I must be another exception, my 60gb is still going strong.

[quote name='poker360']Interesting. He already knew I was pre ordering it, I didn't need any reassurance or anything about it and he knows that.[/QUOTE]
lol they are rabid dogs and was prob making damn sure u walked out with a preorder. They actually get the hours for the store to make schedules based on 2 major things: How much $$$ they made that week last year AND they average % of preorders, subs sold, and warranty's sold...
Emps who don't perform on those 3 big factors, get less hours or worse.... AGAIN, how corprate wants it..... Gamestop sees its entire staff below distract manager level as expendable, even if your the best employee they have in a store or lack in 1 of those areas, they dont care..... Their motto--- if you can't, we will find someone who can......

[quote name='shadow17x']Anyone else notice that Toys R Us had a release date of 12/31/12?[/QUOTE]

I have seen them do this in the past for new releases that had confirmed dates. (In case of delays and whatnot) Amazon does the same thing some times for their new releases. You will get it on November 18.

[quote name='shadow17x']Anyone else notice that Toys R Us had a release date of 12/31/12?[/QUOTE]
im sure its a place holder date that just has to be updated, we have known though since the end of Aug the date would be the 18th in Nov thanks to the leak from the PDP accessories guy at the Gamestop manager conference

[quote name='daminion']Then I must be another exception, my 60gb is still going strong.[/QUOTE]
Same here and everyone I know that has launch PS3's are going strong...... and they all bought about 3 360's..... sadly myself included! :cry:

Okay now that I know more about this, I'm probably going to have to wait till next Christmas before I even consider the console. I don't think we know how powerful it is yet (is it going to play next gen games or just be a port machine for PS3/X360 stuff?). Also, $350 is pretty steep for a Nintendo console and with the competition releasing (presumably) much more powerful hardware next year, they'll probably price drop next holiday. At least that's how I see it. They release a year earlier than everyone else and charge a premium price while they can. Then when everyone else launches, OPPS, now they're only $249.99 just like when the original Wii launched and suddenly they look like a fucking bargain compared to the other consoles.

I'll put away my crystal ball now.

[quote name='Blaster man']Okay now that I know more about this, I'm probably going to have to wait till next Christmas before I even consider the console. I don't think we know how powerful it is yet (is it going to play next gen games or just be a port machine for PS3/X360 stuff?). Also, $350 is pretty steep for a Nintendo console and with the competition releasing (presumably) much more powerful hardware next year, they'll probably price drop next holiday. At least that's how I see it. They release a year earlier than everyone else and charge a premium price while they can. Then when everyone else launches, OPPS, now they're only $249.99 just like when the original Wii launched and suddenly they look like a fucking bargain compared to the other consoles.

I'll put away my crystal ball now.[/QUOTE]
http://kotaku.com/5942980/whats-inside-the-wii-u-lets-get-technical?tag=wii-u :cool:

I'm tempted to buy one just for the potential of them going out of stock during December when people are looking for 'em as Christmas gifts, and turning a nice profit. But I feel like it's a bit of a gamble, I really don't see this being as popular as the original Wii. I suppose at the very least I should be able to get my investment back.

[quote name='Blaster man']Okay now that I know more about this, I'm probably going to have to wait till next Christmas before I even consider the console. I don't think we know how powerful it is yet (is it going to play next gen games or just be a port machine for PS3/X360 stuff?). Also, $350 is pretty steep for a Nintendo console and with the competition releasing (presumably) much more powerful hardware next year, they'll probably price drop next holiday. At least that's how I see it. They release a year earlier than everyone else and charge a premium price while they can. Then when everyone else launches, OPPS, now they're only $249.99 just like when the original Wii launched and suddenly they look like a fucking bargain compared to the other consoles.

I'll put away my crystal ball now.[/QUOTE]

I do feel the regular one should be going for $249.99 and the deluxe at $299.99, as is it seems awkward pricing for them.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']I'm tempted to buy one just for the potential of them going out of stock during December when people are looking for 'em as Christmas gifts, and turning a nice profit. But I feel like it's a bit of a gamble, I really don't see this being as popular as the original Wii. I suppose at the very least I should be able to get my investment back.[/QUOTE]
i'd be careful talking about potential "flipping" on this site, the users here really dont like that and it causes some un-needed arguments.... I should know, some of the users on THIS message board think they are gaming nobles or something, lol.

[quote name='Blaster man']I like this part...
Media: Wii U and Wii optical discs. Wii U optical discs have a 25 GB data capacity.
Wow that sure sounds like Blu Ray.[/QUOTE]

Sure, but it's probably not compatible fully with Blu Ray playback and hopefully they did something to increase transfer speeds as Blu Ray hasn't been that good for PS3 load times.

[quote name='Slight Defect']http://kotaku.com/5942980/whats-inside-the-wii-u-lets-get-technical?tag=wii-u :cool:[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the link! As for the price, I was expecting to pay $250-$300 anyway. I'd like to think the extra $50 is for Nintendo Land which I wanted anyway (yeah, I know lol) and the extras that are included with the deluxe (Nintendo Network Premium, stands for the console and gamepad and the gamepad cradle). So it evens out for me.

I for one am glad that the deluxe Wii U is black, all of my other electronic equipment in my living room is black(tv, ps3, cablebox, etc.), even the tv stand and bookshelves that they rest on are a deep brown color, so a white wiiU would stick out like sore thumb

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']I do feel the regular one should be going for $249.99 and the deluxe at $299.99, as is it seems awkward pricing for them.[/QUOTE]

Well, they're the only guys with a new console right now. Their competition is nothing but the old stuff so they're in a good place this year.

Here's what happens this year, all the parents watching the morning shows will see the Wii U described as Nintendo's new console that your kid's going to want for Christmas. It's the must have thing this year and it may not be in stock when you go to buy it (OH NO GOTTA GET IT FOR LITTLE JOHNY!).

Next year (I can see it already), there will be descriptions of the Xbox 3 and PS4 on TV for parents to watch, their pros and cons with people mentioning how they're the console for teens and adults and no definitive answer as to which is better. They'll be $399.99 each. They'll spend a fortune advertising them. Then the folks on TV will mention to the parents (oh and the Wii U is now 199.99 for the entry model and 249.99 for the deluxe model). Then the Wii U sales next year (especially on the 199.99 version) go sky high.

edit:
Meanwhile the PS4 and Xbox 3 are possibly sold out next year while the Wii U will have shit tons of inventory at half the price...

[quote name='SKEETER']I didn't say anything about you having an issue with Nintendo although it's apparent that you have issues in general. I thought one would bother reading a few posts in a thread before asking questions, my mistake. :booty:[/QUOTE]
Not reading other peoples comments means i have issues? :roll: Ok champ whatever helps you sleep at night. But i wish i had read more comments from other people so i didn't have to get a d*ck response from you which wasn't necessary. I admit i was quick to pull the typing trigger if you will but there is no need for the attitude. Either answer the question like a normal person or just leave it alone.

11/18 is a Sunday and if you want this system on release day you'll have to goto a store. UPS/Fed Ex do not deliver on Sunday's.

Was going to wait for Amazon, but just pre-ordered at Gamestop. 8th in line apparently.

I will definitely switch to Amazon though if/when the pre-orders are up on the site.

I have no intention of getting a Wii U anytime soon, due to my current backlog, but i really want to mess around with that Gamepad.

[quote name='Blaster man']Next year (I can see it already), there will be descriptions of the Xbox 3 and PS4 on TV for parents to watch, their pros and cons with people mentioning how they're the console for teens and adults and no definitive answer as to which is better. They'll be $399.99 each. They'll spend a fortune advertising them. Then the folks on TV will mention to the parents (oh and the Wii U is now 199.99 for the entry model and 249.99 for the deluxe model). Then the Wii U sales next year (especially on the 199.99 version) go sky high.

edit:
Meanwhile the PS4 and Xbox 3 are possibly sold out next year while the Wii U will have shit tons of inventory at half the price...[/QUOTE]

Are you kidding? This is Nintendo, well known for keeping prices as high as possible, for as long as possible. No WAY are they going to drop both models by $100 in a year; they're counting on the Wii U to turn things around for them, profit-wise. Dropping the price will not help there at all.

[quote name='ShadyAve']Not reading other peoples comments means i have issues? :roll: Ok champ whatever helps you sleep at night. But i wish i had read more comments from other people so i didn't have to get a d*ck response from you which wasn't necessary. I admit i was quick to pull the typing trigger if you will but there is no need for the attitude. Either answer the question like a normal person or just leave it alone.[/QUOTE]

I answered just like anyone who is exasperated about seeing the same questions repeatedly. Eventually someone would've replied the same way I did.

No, you have issues because of the way you are acting now. Funny how you talk about being a "normal person" while you're freaking out about being called out on your lack of
2sakllw.gif

Hmmm...how...abnormal. Wow, you're gamer rage at it's finest lol!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='chimpmeister']Are you kidding? This is Nintendo, well known for keeping prices as high as possible, for as long as possible. No WAY are they going to drop both models by $100 in a year; they're counting on the Wii U to turn things around for them, profit-wise. Dropping the price will not help there at all.[/QUOTE]
umm, 2 things.........

1: The ECONOMY BLOWS and this is too much compared to the most likely $400 consoles coming out next year....
2: The 3DS....... Wii U Ambassador program incoming.... lol

A $100 drop is too much..... maybe a drop of $50? Seems more realistic

[quote name='chimpmeister']Are you kidding? This is Nintendo, well known for keeping prices as high as possible, for as long as possible. No WAY are they going to drop both models by $100 in a year; they're counting on the Wii U to turn things around for them, profit-wise. Dropping the price will not help there at all.[/QUOTE]

That's just what i see happening. I don't think they believe anyone will buy the Wii U over the xbox3 or PS4 if they are only 50 more. It's possible they lower only $50. That would price the low end at 250 which would still put them in a good place.

Exactly, they've lost a shitload of money of the last year. And kids today are much smarter than kids of even 6 years ago when it comes to technology. I can't see any kid clamoring for a Wii U when the slick new PS4 or XBOX 720 hit, regardless of whether it's $50 more for those systems.

I ran to the Gamestop across the street from where I work and threw in a preorder for the premium version. The guy who worked there told me he thinks they are only taking preorders today, but I doubt that is true.

I'm not very excited for it, but I must own one just for Zelda alone.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']Exactly, they've lost a shitload of money of the last year. And kids today are much smarter than kids of even 6 years ago when it comes to technology. I can't see any kid clamoring for a Wii U when the slick new PS4 or XBOX 720 hit, regardless of whether it's $50 more for those systems.[/QUOTE]
Dont forget the next ipad sure to come out next year as well as yet ANOTHER iphone....... Man, apple sure knows how to rape customers wallets!

I see Nintendo going the "not many available" route. Releasing a handful each week through the new year increasing demand and media coverage big-time. I never thought they'd sell Wii's like they did given the 360 being out 1yr ahead of them and the hype of the PS3 that holiday season. I'm thinking about preordering a few just in case demand is high.

[quote name='TraBuch']I'm unbelievably pissed that Bayonetta 2 is a WiiU exclusive.[/QUOTE]

Me too, but this is nothing new. X360/PS3 might get a Bayonetta 2 Razor's Edge edition later on and published by Sega. It's all a marketing ploy as there really isn't console exclusivity anymore as far as 3rd party goes. Remember Microsoft published Ninja Gaiden 2 and calling it exclusive? Sure, exclusive until Simga 2 came on PS3.

[quote name='Blaster man']That's just what i see happening. I don't think they believe anyone will buy the Wii U over the xbox3 or PS4 if they are only 50 more. It's possible they lower only $50. That would price the low end at 250 which would still put them in a good place.[/QUOTE]

Just wait until you have small kids and see how eager you are to buy either a Playstation or Xbox. While there are some Kinect games that are age appropriate, if you're a parent like many of us, Nintendo is the best choice for kids under 12. So, yes, I think many people are going to buy this, just maybe not many hard core gamers or CAGs.

Might just take advantage of that ps3 trade-in. I got a good $150 of value over the last 3 years. I really want to play Pikmin 3 and this looks like the only way since I am around $200 short. The more I think about it the more tempting it is.

[quote name='MPoWeRM3']Be too, but this is nothing new. X360/PS3 might get a Bayonetta 2 Razor's Edge edition later on and published by Sega. It's all a marketing ploy as there really isn't console exclusive anymore as far as 3rd party goes. Remember Microsoft published Ninja Gaiden 2 and calling it exclusive? Sure exclusive until Simga 2 came on PS3.[/QUOTE]
They never called that a "only on xbox" exclusive, Bayonetta 2 is being PUBLISHED by Nintendo! It won't get ported. Why do you think the orignal goldeneye has not (and never will) go to xbox live arcade, psn, or virtual console? Because Nintendo PUBLISHED it while RARE created it. Even though RARE is owned by microsoft now, Nintendo still holds publishing rights to goldeneye and it is not letting go of them. Nintendo can't put it on VC because they don't own RARE anymore. Its lost to laws and lawyers for a while, maybe forever.

Point is: If Nintendo publishes something, you can be DAMN sure its not going to another platform!

[quote name='bojay1997']Just wait until you have small kids and see how eager you are to buy either a Playstation or Xbox. While there are some Kinect games that are age appropriate, if you're a parent like many of us, Nintendo is the best choice for kids under 12. So, yes, I think many people are going to buy this, just maybe not many hard core gamers or CAGs.[/QUOTE]

I have small kids.

[quote name='Slight Defect']Dont forget the next ipad sure to come out next year as well as yet ANOTHER iphone....... Man, apple sure knows how to rape customers wallets![/QUOTE]

Why wait until next year to give Apple more of your money? Get your official iPhone 5 30-pin adapter for only $29.99 next week. ;)

[quote name='bojay1997']Just wait until you have small kids and see how eager you are to buy either a Playstation or Xbox. While there are some Kinect games that are age appropriate, if you're a parent like many of us, Nintendo is the best choice for kids under 12. So, yes, I think many people are going to buy this, just maybe not many hard core gamers or CAGs.[/QUOTE]

I have a 5-year-old and a 3-year-old. My older one loves Kung Fu Panda and Kinect Ninja on XBOX and has never had any interest in anything Wii. If anything, a prettier picture with more vivid colors will appeal to younger kids more. Not saying the Wii U won't look pretty "enough" right now, but there are 10 reasons why kids will want the PS4/720 to every 1 reason they'll want a Wii U imo.

[quote name='Thrinn']Why wait until next year? Get your official iPhone 5 30-pin adapter for only $29.99 next week.[/QUOTE]
HAHAHA! Its ridiculous isn't it!? My sister is one of those people who buys everything apple and knows nothing about the tech... im sure thats most of their customers. Im happy with my custom built PC that is up to date on everything and made on the cheap, and my HTC One S Android thank you very much!

[quote name='musha666']The black Wii U is on bestbuy.com now. Not sure if anyone posted that yet.[/QUOTE]

Prepay in full? No thanks.

Dont know if someone already posted, but Bayonetta 2 will be a wii u exclusive. To me thats some bullshit, but its a smart move on nintendo. Hopefully the game does a re4 and eventually comes to other consoles.

[quote name='portnoyd']Prepay in full? No thanks.[/QUOTE]

Do they actually charge right away or just put the amount on hold? There is a difference. Plus for those of us with AmEx that synced our cards and tweeted whatever it was you get $20 back. For me pays for the tax so comes out to what I would pay at Amazon anyways.

[quote name='Slight Defect']HAHAHA! Its ridiculous isn't it!? My sister is one of those people who buys everything apple and knows nothing about the tech... im sure thats most of their customers. Im happy with my custom built PC that is up to date on everything and made on the cheap, and my HTC One S Android thank you very much![/QUOTE]

Ugh I know too many of those people too. No use talking to them. As long as their stuff has an Apple logo, ignorance is bliss. Those people definitely won't buy Wii U because they also think consoles are obsolete because they say all of gaming is shifting over to iphones and ipads anyway? :???:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back