Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconamazon.gif
Amazon
Consoles* Amazon did not take preorders, see note.
Games

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
Consoles Both models sold out online & in store
Games

icongs_r1.gif
Gamestop
Games

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us
Games

icontarget.gif
Target
Games

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart
Consoles
Wii U Bundle Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Wii U Deluxe Sold out online & in store
Wii U Basic Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Games

Sears
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken

kmart.gif
Kmart
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in-store pre-orders were not taken

newegg.gif
Newegg
Deluxe Bundle Bundled with New Super Mario Bros U, Black Ops 2, and Zombi U-Out of Stock
Games

iconplayasia.gif
Play-Asia
Consoles/Games Reservation List Only for NTSC Basic & Deluxe models

Fry's Electronics
Consoles Both models sold out online
Games

Staples
Games

J&R
Consoles Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location.
Games

Nebraska Furniture Mart
Accessories
Games

:hot:Nintendo World Store
Consoles: Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location in NYC.

Notes:

• Newegg, as of now (Friday before launch) is selling the deluxe console as a bundle only. It is listed for immediate shipping, not as a pre-order.

• *Amazon email sent out to those who signed up for Wii U pre-order notification:
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank for you signing up to be notified when the Wii U is available.
Unfortunately the Wii U console is not available at Amazon.com at this time but please check back in the future, as availability may change. We do have the latest Wii U games and accessories available now so check them out. Thank you for shopping with Amazon Video Games.
System Information

YWbCj.png

Last edited by a moderator:
The WiiU supports external USB storage (as well as SDHC) in any capacity, and not just flash drives. You can plug in a 3 TB HDD if you want. Cheap external storage options.

[quote name='crunchewy']The WiiU supports external USB storage (as well as SDHC) in any capacity, and not just flash drives. You can plug in a 3 TB HDD if you want. Cheap external storage options.[/QUOTE]

Sweet, i already have a 500GB one that i barely even use.

[quote name='schuerm26']I looked at the gamestop website over my phone and saw the game list. Are all those launch titles? If so, holy smokes this might be an expensive day.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='chimpmeister']"Launch window" launch day. Count on 3-6 months for all of them, at least.[/QUOTE]

All of those 50+ "launch window" games are supposed to come out by the end of March 2013.

[quote name='UNDERSTAR']Does gamestop.com charge when the order is in place or when it ships?[/QUOTE]

"Billing does not occur until shipment is processed." So says GameStop.com.

[quote name='chunlirocks']With Bayonetta 2 being a Wii U exlcusive i may have to get one
[/QUOTE]

I looked at the reserve game list at Gamestop.. didnt see Bayonetta 2.. I wouldve reserved that. Atm reserve list is meh, so I didnt bother reserving a game. I dont expect those sold out.

[quote name='Youngnoble']Those are the titles not produced by nintendo directly. Even on amazon the first party titles are $99. I hope that trend fails.[/QUOTE]

Super Mario Bros U at my Gamestop is $50. $5 down to pre.

I've got NSMBU reserved at GS, Nintendo Land with the console itself, and from the Newegg $12 off promo I have ZombieU and Rayman Legends. I should be OK for a while.

The $99 price is obviously a place holder, and not the actual price. Ditto for the release dates listed for most of the games on amazon. They just didn't know.

[quote name='bojay1997']And yet Amazon sells neither the 3DS, the 3DSXL nor the Wii currently. I believe there was an issue with excessive returns on the 3DS and Amazon got into a feud with Nintendo. Perhaps it has been smoothed over, but Amazon hasn't sold Nintendo consoles or handhelds since last Christmas. Until a pre-order actually opens on Amazon, I wouldn't rely on Nintendo's splash page of retailers.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. They could just be saying Amazon will carry games or accessories. I think there feud is still strong, there was no PPV pay-off match yet to end it!!

99$ preorder drops tm they said.

ALSO keep a lookout. Gamestop told me they are INDEED getting Screen protectors for the tablet screen in! So waiting on that reserve Sku.

Comes with an HDMI cable, thanks Nintendo. But not a composite for the 5 ppl who don't have an HDTV? I'm thinking they will charge $29.99 for this on launch day.

[quote name='KrisMKX']Comes with an HDMI cable, thanks Nintendo. But not a composite for the 5 ppl who don't have an HDTV? I'm thinking they will charge $29.99 for this on launch day.[/QUOTE]

does the wii u even have a composite spot on it anywhere???

[quote name='kayne2000']does the wii u even have a composite spot on it anywhere???[/QUOTE]

I would be shocked if its HDMI only. And happy too, bout time they do away with composite and S-video in this day and age!

Instead of waiting till my payday tomorrow, I borrowed $25 of the $75 trade-in credit that my sister has on my PUR card. #3 on the list for my local store.

[quote name='Jackovasaurus']Someone give me a one sentence pitch on Nintendoland please. I have no idea what the shit it is.[/QUOTE]

Something that you will check out once after purchasing the system and then never go back to it again.

I'm starting to worry that the next xbox and playstation will cost an arm and leg again if nintendo can get away with selling the wii u for $300-$350. This should push the next xbox to around the $450-$500 price range, and Sony should be smart enough to stay the same price range as the next xbox.

For those hoping that Amazon may crry the system.

Amazon.co.uk has the systms up for preorder but only the 8GB model is available at this time.

Basic

Premium

Hopefully the US/CA site will follow in the next few hours.

[quote name='fyrflash1969']Nintendoland = tech demo. Wii.ign is reporting it is included with the deluxe version, can anyone comfirm this?[/QUOTE]

Yes it's in the Deluxe version.

[quote name='KrisMKX']I would be shocked if its HDMI only. And happy too, bout time they do away with composite and S-video in this day and age![/QUOTE]

I disagree. I have the Old Samsung GX TV. Crt based is still very good, S-Video etc. Why? Older games look better on that then they do on HDMI TVs. The whole native resolution thing.

I'm number 1 on my store's preorder list. Does GS hold in order of preorders or is it first come first serve among all pre-orderers?

[quote name='htz']I'm starting to worry that the next xbox and playstation will cost an arm and leg again if nintendo can get away with selling the wii u for $300-$350.[/QUOTE]

If anything MS & Sony took note of how well the Wii sold at $250. Sony was quick to cut $100 off the PS3's price shortly after it launched, probably due in part to the negative public reaction to a $500-600 system. It'll be a shock if the PS4 & Xbox 720 cost more than $400.

I want one of these for ZombiU.. Can't decide if it's worth it considering all the big titles still coming out this year for 360 and PS3.

[quote name='aznxsa2587']I ordered from Bestbuy instead. Free express shipping, since I'm a Premier Silver member.

LINK[/QUOTE]

Do you have a link to the deluxe version?

Still not on Amazon. If their "fight" with Nintendo that you guys are talking about is even true, I wish they would post a message or notification.

"Wii want your monies, but don't the console U are looking for."

Something like that.

[quote name='gkrykewy']Do you have a link to the deluxe version?[/QUOTE]

the deluxe is not up for pre-order yet, but will probably be up by today.

[quote name='aznxsa2587']the deluxe is not up for pre-order yet, but will probably be up by today.[/QUOTE]

Yeah i was looking for the deluxe edition from Best Buy as well.

[quote name='aznxsa2587']I ordered from Bestbuy instead. Free express shipping, since I'm a Premier Silver member.

LINK[/QUOTE]

[quote name='gkrykewy']Do you have a link to the deluxe version?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, a link to the deluxe version would be awesome! Neither version shows up in search results on BestBuy.com yet.

In for one deluxe preorder at my Gamestop. I asked about the 10 per store limit and the cashier didn't seem to know about it. I was sixth of the day. Going to make sure to arrive early on launch just in case.

It'll be interesting to see how sales go. I remember sleeping out for the Wii (for the pre-order, not the console--same night as the PS3 pre-order at TRU) It was funny, everyone in line for the PS3 was planning to flip it on eBay, everyone assumed it was going to be the hard-to-find console. Woops.

I'm guessing the WiiU will be fairly easy to find...but...pre-ordered just in case.

[quote name='barrit']Nice, I didn't know about that. I was a little confused as well, since I thought I read they were suppose to have DLC on this new console.[/QUOTE]

yup, get your self a $20 USB HDD dock and use any size drive you want. Spend $150 total and stick a 2TB 3.5" behind it. So really, not a bad deal, but I doubt it has USB 3.0. So transfer times wont be pretty.

Also, still reading through the thread so if no one noticed:

You can only order 1 per ORDER. I placed two orders.

LINK[/QUOTE]

got a link to the $350 bundle? PLEASE?

[quote name='Drclaw411']I'm number 1 on my store's preorder list. Does GS hold in order of preorders or is it first come first serve among all pre-orderers?[/QUOTE]

Preorder list shows in the system by the date. So yes, it is tracked who ordered 1st and they are 1st to claim it down the list. (Provided they show up within the reserve hold time, which I think is 48 hours)

I was the first to pre-order at Nintendo World Store Wii U event today.

Another incentive to buy the deluxe version is the Nintendo Network Premium, a loyalty program for 32GB Wii U owners. Gives 10% back on digital purchases. Not a paid online service.

The Deluxe Digital Promotion gives Wii U owners points for each digital download that can be redeemed in the eShop for future digital purchases. That program will run through 2014.

Nintendo TVii is another cool add-on service and it's FREE!

This time I'll wait until some decent games are released and not give into the hype of a new console and probably will wait for a price drop 2-3 years later since I'm in no hurry to be the first to own anything.

[quote name='ShadowAssassin']I'll wait til Best Buy takes pre-orders. I trust their warranty policy more.[/QUOTE]

Extended warranty = waste of money. Besides Nintendo gives you an extra 3 months for registering with club nintendo, so that's a 15 month warranty.

[quote name='SKEETER']I was the first to pre-order at Nintendo World Store Wii U event today.

Another incentive to buy the deluxe version is the Nintendo Network Premium, a loyalty program for 32GB Wii U owners. Gives 10% back on digital purchases. Not a paid online service.

The Deluxe Digital Promotion gives Wii U owners points for each digital download that can be redeemed in the eShop for future digital purchases. That program will run through 2014.

Nintendo TVii is another cool add-on service and it's FREE![/QUOTE]

Wonder if the points come right back, or if its on a delay or something

[quote name='kayne2000']does the wii u even have a composite spot on it anywhere???[/QUOTE]

According to gameinformer.com it will support Wii AV cables, so if you need composite/component and have a Wii you're already good to go. Be warned that you'll only get analog stereo that way though...sucks since my receiver doesn't have HDMI.

Those of you waiting for Amazon.com, good luck. Amazon pulled all their Nintendo consoles since June. And then they also pulled the 3DS late last year, put it back on, pulled it again.

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']Those of you waiting for Amazon.com, good luck. Amazon pulled all their Nintendo consoles since June. And then they also pulled the 3DS late last year, put it back on, pulled it again.[/QUOTE]

Interesting. Any particular reason why? Nintendo has them listed first on their retailers list on the official site for the Wii U, so it would seem it'll eventually be up for sale on Amazon.

[quote name='Thrinn']Interesting. Any particular reason why?[/QUOTE]

Who knows, they did it with PSN content and digital cards also

HEADS up guys the BB Wii preorder page for the link aznxsa gave has the normal BB header now. They might be updating it soon and adding Deluxe I hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back