Photo
- - - - -

The Wii U Pre-Order Thread - $349.99/$299.99 - 11/18/12

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8921 replies to this topic

#3121 blucadet3

blucadet3

You know who has a good title...MY MOM!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 02:44 AM

I didn't say I was eBaying for sure. Leaning towards Craigslist now.

Ah so you want to get fucked in person :bouncy:

#3122 diazt350

diazt350

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 03:33 AM

To those people talking about labels for people wii U's. Does best buy do this? I remember they did it for batman arkham city but not for borderlands 2.

#3123 Octopod

Octopod

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 05:09 AM

I went into layaway today to pay off everything except for $20. They reconfirmed some information for me. My Walmart normally closes at midnight but they are staying open and having a midnight launch, the system will stop taking orders after the store sells all of its consoles, the system knows the order they were sold in, systems will be locked away with your information on them until you pick it up, if you got a layaway in you are guaranteed your systems. I never saw a label printed out either but I am not concerned about it.

When I went in I forgot my receipt so they pulled out a manila folder with all the presale receipts in it to find mine. They are all kept separate from other layaways and it looked like maybe 15 or so receipts at my store.

#3124 Fardev

Fardev

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 18 October 2012 - 09:11 AM

So i hadn't read the thing about leaving at least one penny on the layaway and the woman behind the counter never mentioned it. I had initially only paid 200 bucks or so but then i went back and paid the full thing off, what are the chances that comes back to bite me in the ass ?

Got a receipt that says account closed and the woman wrote "Paid in Full" across the top stapled to the original super long receipt.

#3125 Masx

Masx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 09:48 AM

So i hadn't read the thing about leaving at least one penny on the layaway and the woman behind the counter never mentioned it. I had initially only paid 200 bucks or so but then i went back and paid the full thing off, what are the chances that comes back to bite me in the ass ?

Got a receipt that says account closed and the woman wrote "Paid in Full" across the top stapled to the original super long receipt.

I'd go back and make sure or call. The official memo specifically says a $0.01 is required to be left on the layaway account. I'm assuming you need to have an active open layaway account come release time.

#3126 Fardev

Fardev

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 18 October 2012 - 10:04 AM

^^^

Yeah I guess maybe i should, though i am not looking forward to talking with them again, haha.

I am still having a hard time seeing a scenario where if i show up on the 18th at the time the store opens with the receipt, where they won't give it to me, but it's better to be safe than sorry.

#3127 brentgolden

brentgolden

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 12:00 PM

This makes me sick!!!

http://washingtondc....3344534517.html

Sorry I'm using my mobile. Copy n paste the link.

#3128 jessesixto

jessesixto

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 12:36 PM

This makes me sick!!!

So this freaking guy wants $50,000 cash!
Sounds legit :roll:

#3129 Octopod

Octopod

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 12:45 PM

^ 100+ preorders? Damn.

I got two. One to keep and one to sell and hopefully help cover the cost of the one I am keeping.

#3130 davidb69

davidb69

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 01:12 PM

I don't know why everyone keeps stressing out over these labels. #6 on the memo specifically states that the label is supposed to go into a reservation folder. It's normal that none of us were given labels.

Hmm, neat. I just assumed that it wouldn't allow a stylus, but if it does, I will at least rent the game.

Since preordered the first day possible and I have my reciept, I don't get the label thing. Maybe they never even set one up yet since I did it so early. I've never had a label in any of my preorders, just my reciept and then I pay the rest off. I still think they looked at me funny when I preordered and bought my wii and they asked what game I was going to play first and I said I dont know, I'll tell you Dec 25th. Same thing with this Wii U. It's a family Christmas present that we all can enjoy. It's generally the last gift under the tree and we will put the wii u games in the stockings. I'm still excited to pick it up in 1 month. Hopefully it wont disappoint.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Wii - 2303 0628 4559 9276

#3131 greenwolfe7

greenwolfe7

I play with dinosaurs!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 01:42 PM

This makes me sick!!!

So when this guy picks them up that's 33,500$ for nintendo... nintendo 1 this dude 0....

#3132 rayfrombk

rayfrombk

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 18 October 2012 - 02:05 PM

This makes me sick!!!

I bet you he'll find a buyer, and then the buyer will attempt to re-sell it again for even more. :-#

#3133 ScubaCat

ScubaCat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 02:12 PM

This makes me sick!!!

Makes me sick too! I mean, why didn't I think of that ?! :applause:

#3134 tightclaws

tightclaws

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 02:59 PM

Makes me sick too! I mean, why didn't I think of that ?! :applause:

Cash only? You better bring a body guard with you, I would not trust this in any case thats for sure.
Posted Image

#3135 Gareee

Gareee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 03:19 PM

I just read the wii U pro controller will ONLY work with Wii U games, NOT with Wii games played on the wii U.

Considering cancelling that preorder from newegg now.

#3136 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 03:39 PM

Oh boo, so many Wii games I would have loved to try with it.

Whatever though, guess I might invest in the Classic Controller Pro then (Or just buy the Monster Hunter Tri bundle since I wanted the game anyway)
Posted ImagePosted Image

#3137 Renaissance 2K

Renaissance 2K

*nom nom nom*

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 03:41 PM

I just read the wii U pro controller will ONLY work with Wii U games, NOT with Wii games played on the wii U.

Considering cancelling that preorder from newegg now.

Does anybody know if it will work with Virtual Console games?

#3138 Rowdy1854

Rowdy1854

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 03:55 PM

Are wii motion plus remotes going to be needed, if so how many is a good number, will nunchuks be needed with them? Can't find much info on it

#3139 Yars

Yars

I'd buy that for a dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 03:58 PM

Are wii motion plus remotes going to be needed, if so how many is a good number, will nunchuks be needed with them? Can't find much info on it

Developers are allowed to create Wii U games that use standard Wiimote controllers. Source

#3140 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 04:05 PM

Dateline November 19, 2012: I was raped selling a WiiU on craiglist.

... Reggie Filles-Amie says "tough shit."

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#3141 jacknicklson

jacknicklson

Posted 18 October 2012 - 04:09 PM

Developers are allowed to create Wii U games that use standard Wiimote controllers. Source

We will never see that SNES controller but damn that is awesome.
Posted Image

#3142 Candyvin

Candyvin

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 04:59 PM

Paid to put one on LayAWay at Walmart today.

#3143 myiamoto

myiamoto

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 05:55 PM

Is it better for these resellers to sell them now as preorders, or to sell them when it launches? I'm guessing the benefit of doing it now is that there's less competition. On the other hand, I would think demand might be higher when it comes out, due to hype and it being closer to xmas.

#3144 gb2003

gb2003

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 06:05 PM

Is it better for these resellers to sell them now as preorders, or to sell them when it launches? I'm guessing the benefit of doing it now is that there's less competition. On the other hand, I would think demand might be higher when it comes out, due to hype and it being closer to xmas.

If you wait after Thanksgiving, you can get $100 -150 easy per console.

#3145 druggie218

druggie218

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 06:18 PM

If you wait after Thanksgiving, you can get $100 -150 easy per console.

+1

The timing could not be better for a launch. Only the units that are picked up on launch day will be for sale on ebay/amz/cl for black friday.

Historically BF is the PEAK for any hot item, $ always fall towards xmas.

Maybe the Wii went up towards Christmas only because resellers were not banking on it, instead most were all on the PS3 which definitely peaked the week after release.

#3146 CHADSTONe

CHADSTONe

Posted 18 October 2012 - 06:39 PM

The new Nintendo console will support in-game voice chat for "select games", a rep for the company tells Kotaku. Among the games supported will be Assassin's Creed III, Call of Duty Black Ops II and Mass Effect 3,all gameswith significant online multiplayer modes and allwhich support in-game voice chat on Xbox360 and PlayStation3.The WiiU GamePad-the console's signature twin-stickcontroller that containsa 6.2-inch screen-contains a microphone and speakers,but that mic does not actually work with the voice chat. Nintendo tellsme that users who want to be able to talkto each other can use a licensed stereo headset from Turtle Beach or Mad Catz (Tritton). The headsetsplug into the GamePad's headphone jack.At least one of the aforementioned games, Black Ops II,supports the Pro Controller, but that controller's lack of a jack will require Pro Controller gamers who want voice chat to do something a bit counterintuitive. They'll have to plug their headset into the GamePad, the controller they are otherwise not using, according to a spokespersonfor CoD publisher Activision. That rep believesthat gamersmight be able to use a standard set of headphonesthat contain a mic (iPhone headphones, for example) with the GamePad, but that's not something I've been able to clarify yet with Nintendo.Wired gaming headsetsare not uncommon but wireless are popular with a lot of people. It doesn't seem that the WiiU has a wireless headset onthe horizon. The Mad Catz headsetsare wired. So are the competition's. A spokespersonfor Turtle Beach confirmed to me that allof their WiiU headsets are wired, despite the potential for wireless connections. "The Wii Usupports Bluetooth and can pair with its ownaccessories," she said over e-mail,"but the officially licensed headsetswe produce and offer are wired and designed for use directly with the [GamePad] tablet."An E3 demonstration of out-of-game voice-chat onthe WiiU implied that users would be able to communicate with each other using the speaker on the Wii U GamePad,no headset needed.Nintendo tends to clarify matters like thisin slow motion, a volley of ane-mail one day, a reply the next and so on. I've volleyed back to them about the WiiU's potential to support wirelessheadsetsdown the line. It seems that such an option might be possible either through a Bluetooth connection or even between a headset and some sort of signal connector plugged into one of the WiiU's USB ports. But those are not the options available now. It's possible-and this is purely speculation-that the wirelessconnection needs of the Wii U GamePad,which has to receive a lag-free high-quality video signal from the console through thin air, could affect the viability of there being many other wirelessconnectionsto the console. We'llsee.As with the launch of any console, there are many mysteriesabout specific aspects of Wii Ugaming. Many willbe solved assoon as more gamers, game-makersand peripheral manufacturersget their hands on the console. For now, you've got some basics:No universal support for in-game voice chatGame-by-game support for in-game chatThe GamePad mic willnot, by default,work as an input for in-game voice chatThe WiiU will support wired headsets(and possibly mic-enabled headphones),but only through the WiiU GamePadNo news yet about whether wireless headsets can or will be supported whut?

#3147 CHADSTONe

CHADSTONe

Posted 18 October 2012 - 06:40 PM

Holy crap. Where did my format go

#3148 Katsumi

Katsumi

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 06:44 PM

I managed to snag a pre-order when Walmart.com had the Deluxe system up.. but still tempted to stop by a physical store and try layaway in case the online order screws up. Fingers crossed :) I wish Amazon would start selling Nintendo hardware again!

Kat_Siggy80.png Katsumica.png

#3149 Paladinion

Paladinion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 10:16 PM

So im confused...is anybody actually going to PLAY there WiiU, or are we just trying to gobble up the pre-orders and sell them to each other?

#3150 Katsumi

Katsumi

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 10:30 PM

So im confused...is anybody actually going to PLAY there WiiU, or are we just trying to gobble up the pre-orders and sell them to each other?

I bought mine to play... Super Mario Bros Wii is one of the funnest games I have played co-op.. never laughed so much at a game before :) Really looking forward to the new one and lego city. A HD (no jaggies!) Zelda in the future will be great as well!

Kat_Siggy80.png Katsumica.png