The Wii U Pre-Order Thread - $349.99/$299.99 - 11/18/12

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8921 replies to this topic

#301 Tdog987

Tdog987

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:30 PM

The black Wii U is on bestbuy.com now. Not sure if anyone posted that yet.

Link it

I don't see it.

#302 thrinn

thrinn

I'd buy that for a dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:31 PM

Link it

I don't see it.

http://www.bestbuy.c...cat274600050016

#303 PikaZeroX

PikaZeroX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

I like that you can do release day in store pickup with BB. Paying in full now, not so much.

It should just be a hold charge that goes away after a few days, I went ahead and did in-store pickup in case Amazon never comes through. Shipping at gamestop is killer.

#304 Tdog987

Tdog987

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

http://www.bestbuy.c...cat274600050016

#305 ky151

ky151

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Do they actually charge right away or just put the amount on hold? There is a difference. Plus for those of us with AmEx that synced our cards and tweeted whatever it was you get $20 back. For me pays for the tax so comes out to what I would pay at Amazon anyways.

Best Buy puts a hold and then keeps renewing the hold until it ships and you are finally charged.

For the AMEX deal, you have until 9/16 to make the purchase. I don't think that will work since you won't be charged until November.

#306 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:32 PM

HAHAHA! Its ridiculous isn't it!? My sister is one of those people who buys everything apple and knows nothing about the tech... im sure thats most of their customers. Im happy with my custom built PC that is up to date on everything and made on the cheap, and my HTC One S Android thank you very much!

I'm getting the iPhone 5. My current phone is an OG Droid. It started to suck bad so I rooted it and installed cyanogen mod. With the iPhones, Apple handles the OS upgrades and not the carriers so you don't have to fuckin risk bricking your phone. I like that a lot.

As for apple fucking it's customers over, all the companies make new products, many more than annually. IMO a smartphone costs so much that it really should last 4 or 5 years. I mean it's 200 on contract and the real price is 600.

#307 Tdog987

Tdog987

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

This thread should be wiki'd with all the pre-order stuff

#308 gkrykewy

gkrykewy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Prepay in full? No thanks.

What are you talking about?

#309 MushaOne

MushaOne

etc. and so forth...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:33 PM

Link it

I don't see it.

http://www.bestbuy.c...4&skuId=6775792

#310 SKEETER

SKEETER

YOU GOTTA DEAL WITH IT!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:34 PM

taken from best buys website

Paying for Your Order

You may pay for your orders with Best Buy gift cards, a Pitch In™ Card, our electronic digital coupons, PayPal, and with a Best Buy credit card or major credit cards issued in the United States of America. Currently, we accept Visa®, MasterCard®, American Express® and Discover® Card.
Generally, credit and debit card are not charged until we either ship the item(s) to you or confirm store availability (at which time you will be charged only for the goods we have actually shipped along with any appropriate taxes or shipping charges). However, we may pre-authorize your order amount with your credit or debit card issuer at the time you place the order, which may have an effect on your available credit line. When paying for a preorder with a debit card you will be charged at the time you place your preorder. Please contact your credit card issuer for more information.
If you ordered a special delivery item, you will be charged once a delivery time is confirmed. For digitally delivered orders, your credit or debit card will be charged at the time that you initiate the download of the product.

Good to know! Thanks! I might put in a pre-order through BB as a back-up in case they end up having an official Nintendo launch event here like they did with 3DS.

Wii U ID: SKEETER
3DS Friend Code: 2707-1609-8783 (don't forget to PM me to add you too!)

laytonobj50%

#311 Ginger Junk

Ginger Junk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:37 PM

When does it come out? Also, why is the white version cheaper than the black version?

#312 thrinn

thrinn

I'd buy that for a dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:37 PM

Also, why is the white version cheaper than the black version?

http://www.nintendo.com/wiiu/buynow/

#313 skubish

skubish

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:38 PM

Just ordered a black for in store pickup. I hate the Sunday releases.

#314 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:38 PM

I have a 5-year-old and a 3-year-old. My older one loves Kung Fu Panda and Kinect Ninja on XBOX and has never had any interest in anything Wii. If anything, a prettier picture with more vivid colors will appeal to younger kids more. Not saying the Wii U won't look pretty "enough" right now, but there are 10 reasons why kids will want the PS4/720 to every 1 reason they'll want a Wii U imo.

Disagree with that strongly. The Wii far outsold both the 360 and PS3 despite being essentially a previous generation system with a motion control gimmick slapped on. My kids have never been that interested in playing my 360 or PS3 and that's despite the fact that we have a pretty deep selection of Move and Kinect kids titles. They enjoy Mario and Zelda and the Donkey Kong characters on both the Wii and the DS/3DS. They even love playing Gamecube games on the Wii. Most of the families I know locally are pretty much the same way. All of us dads have our own 360 or PS3 or PC and the kids play on the Wii, DS/3DS and in a lot of cases on iPads. My point is that familiar characters and good gameplay outweigh technical specs and resolution for kids.

#315 MushaOne

MushaOne

etc. and so forth...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:39 PM

No kidding. It did work out well for those of us who preordered the Wii from Amazon last time. Mots ended up with their Wii the Saturday before release date :D

#316 Rage Goblin

Rage Goblin

The Hardest of Core

• CAGiversary!

For what a quick chat with a CS agent is worth (not a whole lot):

You are now connected to Karan from Amazon.com.
Me:Will you be taking preorders for the Wii U?
Karan :Hello Joe, my name is Karan. I'll be happy to help you.
Me:Hi Karan!
I know Amazon has had some issues with selling Nintendo hardware, so I'm wondering if I should preorder elsewhere to make sure that I get one on launch day.
Karan :Could you give me the link for the Nintendo console?
Me:http://www.nintendo.com/wiiu
http://www.bestbuy.c...d=1218807628374
I'd prefer to order from your company, if you'll be opening preorders soon.
Karan :I have checked and I am really sorry as the we don't have the item for preorder.
Me: Do you know if Amazon is simply not going to sell this system? At least initially?
Karan :I am I don't have info for this.
Me:Okay. Thank you very much for your help.

I preordered at Best Buy for in-store pickup. The fact that she had no idea what the hell I was even talking about says something to me.

#317 Slight Defect

Slight Defect

From what I've read, Bayonetta 2 was effectively canceled by Sega before Nintendo stepped in. So like others have said in this thread, I doubt this will be the same with regards to merely a timed exclusivity period.

Who knows though? Personally, I can't remember the last time a Nintendo-published game ended up on the other consoles.

Will not happen.... As I stated earlier in this thread, if its published by nintendo, it is not going to another platform! It sucks but thats that.
Posted Image

#318 Jackovasaurus

Jackovasaurus

And ya say Chi-City

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:40 PM

Do you have to pay it all up front?

#319 Slight Defect

Slight Defect

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:40 PM

The proper phrase is "african american." Racist. ;)
Posted Image

#320 r4itolol

r4itolol

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:43 PM

I just ordered it and my card was charged. I did in-store pickup

Just so people know when they order it

#321 MetalSlugger

MetalSlugger

Wubadubadub, is that true?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:47 PM

Grabbed my Premium preorder this afternoon, second in line. :D

As for the November release date being for Black Ops 2, I really don't think so. No one's going to buy a Wii U just for Black Ops 2 and it's not like Nintendo will see any of that money anyways.

uc.png

#322 AFC

AFC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:47 PM

Will not happen.... As I stated earlier in this thread, if its published by nintendo, it is not going to another platform! It sucks but thats that.

Yeah, I was agreeing with you. Just left it open in case someone could prove otherwise, as I don't remember and don't feel like researching.

#323 Wanderlai

Wanderlai

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:48 PM

taken from best buys website

Paying for Your Order

You may pay for your orders with Best Buy gift cards, a Pitch In™ Card, our electronic digital coupons, PayPal, and with a Best Buy credit card or major credit cards issued in the United States of America. Currently, we accept Visa®, MasterCard®, American Express® and Discover® Card.
Generally, credit and debit card are not charged until we either ship the item(s) to you or confirm store availability (at which time you will be charged only for the goods we have actually shipped along with any appropriate taxes or shipping charges). However, we may pre-authorize your order amount with your credit or debit card issuer at the time you place the order, which may have an effect on your available credit line. When paying for a preorder with a debit card you will be charged at the time you place your preorder. Please contact your credit card issuer for more information.
If you ordered a special delivery item, you will be charged once a delivery time is confirmed. For digitally delivered orders, your credit or debit card will be charged at the time that you initiate the download of the product.

Ah, so if I use my debit card I'm charged in full when I place the order even though its a preorder. I don't use credit cards.

#324 cgxcswim

cgxcswim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:49 PM

So what about Perfect Dark and Banjo Kazooie? Nintendo was co-publisher or publisher on those and they went to XBLA. The reason Goldeneye never came to XBLA is because there are too many license holders for it and Microsoft ran into problems because of that.

#325 kayne2000

kayne2000

All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:49 PM

Ugh I know too many of those people too. No use talking to them. As long as their stuff has an Apple logo, ignorance is bliss. Those people definitely won't buy Wii U because they also think consoles are obsolete because they say all of gaming is shifting over to iphones and ipads anyway? :???:

same here. i dont know whats wrong with them argh.

Didn't play the Wii much at all, but I'm a sucker for new gadgets I don't need. I have an old PS3 under my bed I'll likely trade in towards the Wii U to cut the cost down some. Now to build up enough trade credit to get this paper weight cheaper.

lol i truly love your attitude.

as for me im not sure what else i have i want to get rid of...the wii has 5 or 6 saves stuck on the system unless i play around with homebrew and try and get it off and then take off homebrew so i can trade it in...and 2 of those saves ive logged over a hundred hours in so i am not keen on losing them.

the ps3 well i'd have to buy another blu ray player. plus i have quite a few games on the system

xbox 360....i could maybe....but i'd need a new one i play that too much and i dont have 200 dollars for a new system maybe if they have a 200 dollar system with kinect.

3ds i just dont really feel like parting with it. i play it now and then. and ive heard the newer non launch models have worse 3d. also i dont know if downloaded games or not transfer but i could just google that.

but i preordered a wii u the nintendoland edition. God only knows why. my backlog is astronomical. but bayonetta 2 as an exclusive is great. tekken tag 2 wii u edition just looks hilarious and fun and am now mad i traded in two controllers to get the obvious inferior version.

i got the 32 GB one because well i dont have a spare HDD at the moment so 32GB is probably safer for a good while, nintendo land will probably be a good feeler for the gamepad and console in general, the stands and stuff to stick it on, and of course the black console.

but thanks newegg zombiu and tank tank tank for 15 dollars off!!!

#326 plus1zero

plus1zero

Turd Ferguson

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:51 PM

I have zero interest in this Wii U. It's a system for suckers at 300 and 350. Buy a real system instead: PS3 or 360.

Posted Image

That said, NSMB is gonna be great. Also, Bayonetta 2 is being published by Nintendo and is an exclusive.

AAAAAnd they're releasing the updated, "real" ninja gaiden 3. If it turns out to be a good game, I'd pay $350 for that alone. And yes, I'm 100% serious....I...I know I have a problem :cry:

#327 Prison Mike

Prison Mike

Don't Drop The Soap

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:52 PM

Q: When will I be charged?

A: You will not be charged at the time you place the pre-order. Only when your item ships will your credit card be charged. If you order additional items along with your pre-order, you will be charged for each item as it ships.

#328 Slight Defect

Slight Defect

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:52 PM

Yeah, I was agreeing with you. Just left it open in case someone could prove otherwise, as I don't remember and don't feel like researching.

I figured as much. There isn't any, Nintendo is usually very, very tight on their IP's and anything they publish. It's theirs, and unless they are going to make a lot of money off of it, they won't budge. Thats the main reason they never came to a agreement with microsoft to release goldeneye on either console....
Posted Image

#329 jovhany

jovhany

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:53 PM

You will get charged on pre order

#330 Slight Defect

Slight Defect

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:55 PM

So what about Perfect Dark and Banjo Kazooie? Nintendo was co-publisher or publisher on those and they went to XBLA. The reason Goldeneye never came to XBLA is because there are too many license holders for it and Microsoft ran into problems because of that.

Your right, exactly, you said it yourself. Except RARE owns the majority of their IP's now, unlike that fiasco and the rights went with them when RARE sold. Goldeneye is what put RARE on the map, so after that, they were careful what they let Nintendo put their name on completely. RARE also developed Donkey Kong 64 and Killer Instinct Gold, those aren't going anywhere because Nintendo owns them outright.

Case in point of all this: a Viva Pinata game on the DS!
Posted Image