The Wii U Pre-Order Thread - $349.99/$299.99 - 11/18/12

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8921 replies to this topic

#451 chimpmeister

chimpmeister

Hates gimmicks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 02:21 AM

Why doesn't Amazon take my money damnit!

I wish Video game websites would cover the feud between Amazon and Nintendo. They haven't had any Nintendo hardware related products in their inventory for a while now.

A major seller of video games not selling your product is huge and I'm sure it does cost Nintendo sales.

Someone should get to the bottom of this and find out what is up.

This has become the elephant in the room, it's obvious.

I got credit to burn but it looks like it won't go towards a Wii U.

Amazon never explained why they won't sell Nintendo hardware, but it clearly stems from problems with the original 3DS system (and returns due to those problems). The biggest issue has always been that the upper screen can be scratched by the lower screen due to a design flaw. The other possible issue is the floppy hinges that don't firmly lock into place. Can't think of any other reasons why they wouldn't carry any of their systems anymore.

#452 Dokstarr

Dokstarr

Tap, Snap or Nap

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 02:26 AM

Don't know why, but my Gamestop account doesn't seem to be working. I just get the due to my billing address can't order, blah blah. I'd be pretty pissed if I am banned when my last transaction was preordering a game at comic-con.

#453 MoCiWe

MoCiWe

Space Smuggler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 02:27 AM

I was gonna get it at Best Buy but was by GameStop this morning shortly after they opened and checked if they had pre-orders, ending up being the first to order one, got the deluxe model and also ordered NSMBU. Have ZombiU and Tanks!Tanks!Tanks! on Newegg right now as well.
Posted Image

#454 wampa8jedi

wampa8jedi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 02:28 AM

The whole Amazon thing is very frustrating. I'm going to go ahead and send them an email about it for kicks and giggles, it'll be interesting to see what they come back with.

#455 gkrykewy

gkrykewy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 02:28 AM

Amazon never explained why they won't sell Nintendo hardware, but it clearly stems from problems with the original 3DS system (and returns due to those problems). The biggest issue has always been that the upper screen can be scratched by the lower screen due to a design flaw. The other possible issue is the floppy hinges that don't firmly lock into place. Can't think of any other reasons why they wouldn't carry any of their systems anymore.

Amazon carries 3DS in every other part pf the world, and they still fulfill orders by third party sellers here. Looks to me like a financial feud of some sort with NOA, but I would really like to see some reporting.

#456 Smashbro29

Smashbro29

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 02:29 AM

So... no Amazon? I might just have to Gamestop it then. What's the best dealio as of right now?

Anything that'd offer free one day delivery? I don't wanna walk around with a WiiU and get robbed.

The Comfort Zone

Live/Recorded

#457 chimpmeister

chimpmeister

Hates gimmicks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 02:29 AM

Amazon carries 3DS in every other part pf the world, and they still fulfill orders by third party sellers here. Looks to me like a financial feud of some sort with NOA, but I would really like to see some reporting.

Yep, UK and other Amazon's still sell the items; it does sound like a problem with Amazon.com and NOA. We may never know, no one seems to be talking about it at all.

#458 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 02:30 AM

The whole Amazon thing is very frustrating. I'm going to go ahead and send them an email about it for kicks and giggles, it'll be interesting to see what they come back with.

I mean on the official Nintendo Wii-U where to buy site, Amazon is listed. So hopefully soon they list it. Either that or Newegg. I figured I am going to buy there, I never had a problem with either nor do I want to trust another place.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#459 halvorsb

halvorsb

Um....yeah

• CAGiversary!

Still undecided, but stopped by GameStop tonight to put down $25. Figure better to have a spot in line if I decide I want to pick it up at launch. Shocked to find that I was only the 5th person to put down money at the store - and that was at 6:30 tonight. I remember for the original Wii there was a line 20 people deep before the store even opened.

#460 SpartenOmega117

SpartenOmega117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Standard vs deluxe? Which one do you guys think is better for the money?

#461 blinknot4

blinknot4

Posted 14 September 2012 - 02:32 AM

They will send a reply to you, just for punches and chuckles.

Dill The Noise.

471350.png

#462 247

Posted 14 September 2012 - 02:33 AM

I just called my local and the girl said $5.45. In her SO computer, it shows up as the Premium 32GB, but it shows up as the Test Sku in the checkout system. She went to go check with the Gaming Division for me.

Thanks. Already pre ordered from GS but would rather buy from BB since I have some credit.

I feel like I'm the only one wanting the basic white version. Am i missing something other than what has already been mentioned in this thread on the deluxe?

#463 LegendK1ll3r

LegendK1ll3r

Posted 14 September 2012 - 02:34 AM

If they want a sale from me, then they better settle their issues with Amazon, because I refuse to order it anywhere else. Not happy about the $350 price tag, but I'm likely to end up getting it regardless (even if I don't play it, much like the Wii).

Edit: I saw people e-mailing Amazon to find out, so I actually just e-mailed Nintendo to see if they have any sort of response. I doubt it, but we'll see.

Posted Image

#464 Barry Burton

Barry Burton

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 02:35 AM

i'll wait for it to drop to $100

#465 trip1eX

trip1eX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 02:38 AM

I wish Video game websites would cover the feud between Amazon and Nintendo. They haven't had any Nintendo hardware related products in their inventory for a while now.

A major seller of video games not selling your product is huge and I'm sure it does cost Nintendo sales.

Someone should get to the bottom of this and find out what is up.

This has become the elephant in the room, it's obvious.

Exactly. All the more weird is Nintendo showed off Amazon-on-demand video as part of its TVii initiative.

Now I was thinking that Amazon is readying a console of some sort. Digital-download only console. And that's why Nintendo isn't doing business with them.

Also note the two companies (Nintendo USA and AMazon) are headquartered in Seattle. Maybe Amazon is poaching Nintendo employees?

OR maybe Nintendo pulled all their hardware from Amazon once Amazon decided not to carry the 3ds?

#466 Daring

Daring

Wing Chun KungFu

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 02:41 AM

Still undecided, but stopped by GameStop tonight to put down $25. Figure better to have a spot in line if I decide I want to pick it up at launch. Shocked to find that I was only the 5th person to put down money at the store - and that was at 6:30 tonight. I remember for the original Wii there was a line 20 people deep before the store even opened.

I'm the 14th, according to my local gamestop. it was around 6:30pm too.

#467 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 02:43 AM

Everybody I know has been saying that it isn't worth picking up the Standard and that if you're going to buy it, to get the black one.

#468 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 02:44 AM

i'll wait for it to drop to $100

By then the real next-gen consoles will be out and this thing will be a distant memory, just like Wii. Why waste even $100 at that point.

#469 Wanderlai

Wanderlai

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 02:45 AM

I'd keep an eye out at Amazon around 3:00 est this morning.

#470 r4itolol

r4itolol

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 02:47 AM

If you want Nintendoland, get the deluxe console. If you for sure don't care about it, get the standard and pick up a big external HDD for $50 so you get more storage space.

#471 Zazoo

Zazoo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 02:52 AM

The guy at the gaming register did it for me. Here is the sku 6775874.
Here is how it shows on my receipt.
6775874 Test SKU FO
TEST SKU FOR MARKET 19 #3

Hmmm Interesting my local BBY wouldn't let me order under the test sku said they weren't allowed to do that. I did preorder one online for store pick up So I'll try again tomorrow to preorder in store as well.

#472 yokofox33

yokofox33

House Stark

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 02:53 AM

I'd keep an eye out at Amazon around 3:00 est this morning.

I'll be up, that's for sure. Need to pre-order the iPhone 5 haha.

#473 KrisMKX

KrisMKX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 02:55 AM

Deluxe! If you don't care about the game, charging dock, console stand, wii pad stand, then sell it all off. All that stuff should bring in more than $50 easy.
Posted Image Posted Image

#474 TMD121

TMD121

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 02:55 AM

Got a pre-order in for the deluxe model.. cant wait!

#475 Smashbro29

Smashbro29

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 02:59 AM

I wish deluxe came in white.

Oh well, more black plastic for me then.

The Comfort Zone

Live/Recorded

#476 shadowrage

shadowrage

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 03:01 AM

What games did they announce for Wii-U that are making you all pre-order it?

#477 SpartenOmega117

SpartenOmega117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

What games did they announce for Wii-U that are making you all pre-order it?

well they did announce Bayonetta 2. Everyone at Gaf is going nuts for that game.

#478 rockstarnati

rockstarnati

PlayStation 4 Day One Owners Club

• CAGiversary!

Pre-ordered the deluxe set at Best Buy for in-store pickup around 6:30 pm EST this evening. Paid with $33 on a gift card (from trading in Sleeping Dogs), a $5 reward certificate, and the rest on PayPal. I'm actually super excited for this console. I'll be ridiculously angry if for some reason I don't end up getting mine on day 1. Gonna wait until November 18 and pick up NSMBU from Meijer with my gf's 10% employee discount.

PSN: rockstarnati | XBL: rockstarnati

Check out this thread to get an Xbox One or $480 cash/gift card for FREE! This is 100% legit!

The more CAGs who do it, the more CAGs who get free Xbox Ones, cash or gift cards!!!

Here. Have another! FREE Wii U or $350 cash!

But wait, there's moreFREE PS Vita or $300 cash!

And more still! FREE iPad Mini or $430 cash!

#479 rcerboss

rcerboss

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 03:03 AM

I pre-ordered the 3DS the day they went up way back, and when I went to pick it up, they had a list of people in order, and I wasn't on the list because I pre-ordered too early. :roll:

I had to bring a manager out and show them my receipt that I pre-ordered months before anyone on that list. Conveniently for them, they had plenty of extras, but would they have screwed me over, or bumped the last person off the list had they not?

I'm a bit wary to pre-order this early at my Best Buy for that reason, but what the hell; I'll stop by tomorrow and drop a Lincoln..

..that sounds gross...

Have you ever seen that episode of Seinfeld where he tries to rent a car and gets screwed over? It's like that; Gamestop knows how to take your $$ reservation, but they don't know how to hold onto it. I know from personal experience that they'll take as many pre-orders as they can sell irregardless of how many copies of the game/system they are getting. Whether they give priority to people who pre-order earlier is on a store by store basis, but from what I know of the corporate structure I'd bet 9 times out of 10 someone who pre-orders the day before release gets just as much priority as someone who pre-ordered a month ago. And my local store never sets aside more than half a shipment for pre-order, the rest always goes to whoever walks in and wants to buy a copy.

So yeah, don't preorder from Gamestop. Really hoping Amazon comes through for me.
http://backloggery.c...p?user=rcerboss
Interested in trading Steam Games. I have extra keys for Ship, Machinarium, Sword and Sworcery, Cave Story +, and more Desura games tha I can list ;)

PM me to add me to PSN, Steam, WiiU, or 3DS. Always up for a Brawl matchup too!

#480 rschauby

rschauby

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 03:06 AM

Trading in my Wii with a few games, as well as my PS3 Slim with Move and a plethora of games. I'm hoping I end up close to the full amount needed for this console.