The Wii U Pre-Order Thread - $349.99/$299.99 - 11/18/12

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8921 replies to this topic

#4921 tightclaws

tightclaws

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 03:59 PM

ELUNO is talking about pre black friday ad from this week.
Posted Image

#4922 Josh5890

Josh5890

For AC New Leaf 3DS- 3110-4025-7228

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 04:00 PM

Even with the Buy1, Get 40% off it isn't any better than newegg's $12 off $60 pre-order deal, especially with no tax and free shipping in my state. At least it is good for people who missed the newegg sales.

1 week to go!!!

I need a new signature.

#4923 ELUNO

ELUNO

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 04:01 PM

Looking at the black friday ad right here. Says Buy 1, Get one 40% off, and then has ALL Wii U games bolded in red.

What are you talking about?

I'm talking about this week's ad. (If you don't want to wait til black friday.)

*Plus, 30 off two games is a better deal, just not as many games available.

#4924 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 04:09 PM

Got my GameStop.com alert too. I was hoping it wouldn't go through this soon, but hey, maybe I get it early. Haha, yeah, right.

#4925 tightclaws

tightclaws

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 06:23 PM

Anyone who gets a shipping notice let us know!
Posted Image

#4926 GizmoGC

GizmoGC

I love Cheese

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 06:59 PM

My Target couldn't even hold my Pre-ordered copy of Paper Mario (they went and got it with the other copies).

I so don't trust them.

#4927 tcbys

tcbys

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 07:09 PM

Gamestop charged my card.

I hope I get WII U on Monday day after release. Along with Zombi U and BO2.

I also put a Pre Order for Aliens Colonial Marines.

CANT WAIT

#4928 jedi0077

jedi0077

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 07:14 PM

My Target couldn't even hold my Pre-ordered copy of Paper Mario (they went and got it with the other copies).

I so don't trust them.

That's due to the fact that no actual retailer has came close to running out of a new release game since.... Ocarina of Time?

#4929 Unabandoned

Unabandoned

Psssh. Lame deal!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 07:22 PM

Has anyone touched base with a GameStop B&M store concerning their preorder?

#4930 tcbys

tcbys

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 07:24 PM

Man I am so Glad right after that announcement I went to gamestop.com to preorder it.

#4931 jedi0077

jedi0077

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 07:32 PM

What launch game are you taking home? Nintendo Land and Mario will keep me busy till toysrus' bogo on Friday. CoD and Scribblenaughts then for me. Or Assassins Creed III. Nice having options with a Nintendo launch. Been a while since that's happened!

#4932 aramsey1986

aramsey1986

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 07:46 PM

I put my name on that list to get a phone call when one comes in. I am not to worried about getting the system on day one. I got burned by my 3ds when they dropped the price. Also I think the system will be in full stock after xmas and Ill have more money at that time :)
Posted Image

#4933 Nintendonly

Nintendonly

feck this shat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 07:49 PM

Just got back from paying off all but $.01 on my Wii-U layaway at Wal-Mart, While I was there I saw that they had the paperwork diagram out for the Wii-U display It showed that they will be getting in some deluxe and basic models in for purchase. They also had the SKU labels already out. I snapped a picture of the label.

Posted Image

That's from a mod sheet that was printed out by an associate setting up the mod.

Currently playing:

icon_snes.gif- Nothing, 11m9gn4.png- Nothing
:3ds:- Monster Rancher Advance 2, :psp:- Nothing
:ps3:- Nothing, atari_jaguar.png- Elansar, Pippin01.gif- Super Marathon
Wii_U_platform_icon.png- Ducktales Remastered, 20g0cxd.png- Nothing

#4934 MetalSlugger

MetalSlugger

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RAPADOOOO

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:30 PM

Club Nintendo members, be sure to fill out the pre-purchase surveys for 10 extra rewards coins, ends November 11:

• Nintendo Land
  • Ninja Gaiden 3
  • New Super Mario Bros U
  • SiNG PARTY

Reminder bump, last chance for bonus coins is today!

uc.png

#4935 Paladinion

Paladinion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:40 PM

Has anyone touched base with a GameStop B&M store concerning their preorder?

From what i heard on Friday is that if you got a pre-order in your getting your console on Sunday (or when u go in to pick it up within 48 hours).

I asked him if they received there shipment yet and he told me "No, not yet but they should be coming tomorrow or Monday."

Also he made sure to tell me there will not be a Midnight release since there only going to be able to fulfill preorders and nothing more, so no extra units.

#4936 Unabandoned

Unabandoned

Psssh. Lame deal!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:53 PM

From what i heard on Friday is that if you got a pre-order in your getting your console on Sunday (or when u go in to pick it up within 48 hours).

I asked him if they received there shipment yet and he told me "No, not yet but they should be coming tomorrow or Monday."

Also he made sure to tell me there will not be a Midnight release since there only going to be able to fulfill preorders and nothing more, so no extra units.

Cool, thanks for the info. This all seems too good to be true. Maybe they did play it safe and we are good to go. A little bummed about no midnight release..I am hoping my store has it.

#4937 MetalSlugger

MetalSlugger

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RAPADOOOO

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:53 PM

Same, my GS manager said there won't be a midnight release. Hopefully this doesn't create huge lines in the morning.

uc.png

#4938 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:57 PM

Same, my GS manager said there won't be a midnight release. Hopefully this doesn't create huge lines in the morning.

Unless tons of people are showing up to beg for a console or something, I dont see why it would be THAT long, not like its gonna be like a CoD or Halo release with hundreds of people in line
Posted ImagePosted Image

#4939 Paladinion

Paladinion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:03 PM

Unless tons of people are showing up to beg for a console or something, I dont see why it would be THAT long, not like its gonna be like a CoD or Halo release with hundreds of people in line

I just hope I get there before the 1 kid who ALWAYS has to come to a release with a duffel bag full of games that he needs to trade in all from 2 generations ago. Theres always one...

#4940 CAGkrazy

CAGkrazy

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:22 PM

After the success of the wii. I doubt there will be shortage of wii u. Nintendo is just trying to create a sense of shortage to hype the market more, get as much as preorders for it. Considering its releasing the console at christmas time, why would nintendo want to lose out on all those the potential sales.

#4941 TimboSliceGB

TimboSliceGB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:26 PM

i work at shopko and we are getting 10 systems on sunday check shopko if you live in a city with one

#4942 Kazeno Katana

Kazeno Katana

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:29 PM

Here's to being on the cancellation list! Hopefully someone *forgets* to pick their's up :P

#4943 Dr. Dib

Dr. Dib

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:06 PM

Will Redbox have wii u games?

(I realize this is from a few pages back, but still relevant)

It doesn't seem like they are going to have any for launch next week. I actually chatted with Redbox support a few weeks ago to ask about their plans for Wii U and the CS Rep. said there wasn't any information about it. On their coming soon list they do not have any Wii U games listed either.

I was sort of hoping they would have some as I wanted to at least rent New Super Mario Bros. U for Sunday. Can't believe I'm actually wishing there was a place to rent games...

#4944 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:16 PM

My Best Buy under ordered on Pre-orders. Took 25 Deluxe and said they should have 50 or so total,

#4945 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:29 PM

My BB still doesn't know how many they'll be getting, but they didn't sell very many preorders according to CS and the Gaming Department supervisor. They say they aren't in an area where it will be really popular. I'll be going in sometime this week to chat them up some more and make sure I've got that one in the bag. I'll be looking for numbers when I do.

#4946 stageman12

stageman12

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:43 PM

My BB says they only got 6 preorders and they will be set aside ahead of time. Glad I don't have to sit outside in the cold all night...

#4947 prmtyme

prmtyme

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:48 PM

(I realize this is from a few pages back, but still relevant)

It doesn't seem like they are going to have any for launch next week. I actually chatted with Redbox support a few weeks ago to ask about their plans for Wii U and the CS Rep. said there wasn't any information about it. On their coming soon list they do not have any Wii U games listed either.

I was sort of hoping they would have some as I wanted to at least rent New Super Mario Bros. U for Sunday. Can't believe I'm actually wishing there was a place to rent games...

Gamefly!
Lets be Friends!!

PSN: prmtyme

#4948 Plinko

Plinko

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:55 PM

My BB says they only got 6 preorders and they will be set aside ahead of time. Glad I don't have to sit outside in the cold all night...

Glad to hear it.

#4949 soxxx

soxxx

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 11:33 PM

So bestbuy underpreordered? glad i did business with them.

#4950 Jimbo Slice

Jimbo Slice

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 11:45 PM

Have there been ANY deals on games yet?