The Wii U Pre-Order Thread - $349.99/$299.99 - 11/18/12

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8921 replies to this topic

#5371 iflabs

iflabs

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 11:29 PM

I like how all of the 20-somethings in the military have to ask us all the time if there are military discounts at Walmart. Base Exchanges sell shit wicked cheap; what the Fuck are you guys doing at Walmart harassing the employees about a discount program that doesn't exist?

I hate people who abuse their military status. There was a long line on election day at the poll and a young lady went right in the polling place saying "if it helps, I'm in the military".

#5372 gkrykewy

gkrykewy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 11:34 PM

I hate people who abuse their military status. There was a long line on election day at the poll and a young lady went right in the polling place saying "if it helps, I'm in the military".

As a non-military guy, they can feel free to "abuse" any privileges all they want. They're the ones who've left friends and family to risk life and limb in some godforsaken desert hellhole, not me.

And knocking military members for petty isht two days removed from veterans day? Fuck that.

#5373 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 11:40 PM

As a non-military guy, they can feel free to "abuse" any privileges all they want. They're the ones who've left friends and family to risk life and limb in some godforsaken desert hellhole, not me.

And knocking military members for petty isht two days removed from veterans day? Fuck that.

It's just that nintendonly guy being a douche... most of us really appreciate veterans. If fyrflash could let us know where he is, maybe a CAG can step up and help.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#5374 anthroskull

anthroskull

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 13 November 2012 - 11:40 PM

I'm not a veteran and I approve his message. I fully support veterans getting *more* perks than regular folks.

AS a Walmart employee i believe they should get a discount. Thanks for serving our country.

#5375 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 11:45 PM

I like how all of the 20-somethings in the military have to ask us all the time if there are military discounts at Walmart. Base Exchanges sell shit wicked cheap; what the Fuck are you guys doing at Walmart harassing the employees about a discount program that doesn't exist?

Both of you are disgusting. You remind me of the people in congress who salute the flag then ensure they can by Armani. I believe, and I've always believed this, all veterans and active service members should be allowed 50% off everything in all stores, restaurants, medical facilities, and auto repair facilities and that these business should be required by law to do this. I also believe that all veterans and active service members should receive free shipping on anything they order online. Furthermore, I think that at any polling place, new item launch (in which they are allowed one item per military ID), and theme park, they should be granted a free fast pass to the front of the line.

I am not in the service, but I have friends and family who are/were. Do you know what it's like to be in a place that God forgot was there, while you have to kill or be killed? Where you really don't know if this day, Fuck, if this second will be your last because of a sneak attack, air strike, or suicide bomber? Do you know what it's like to not know if you'll have your arm tomorrow? If your wife is cheating back home? If you'll be able to spend this Christmas, or the next, or the next with your toddler? That's what I thought. And you have the nerve to get a tight anus because you have to wait an extra thirty seconds in line at a polling place? When the military are the ones making sure you have the right to be in that polling place to begin with? Or youre mad that you have to answer as to if Walmart has military discounts? I forgot, every vet should always have memorized every business that does or doesn't have the discount. That way you wouldn't have to spend .3 seconds answering their questions, you poor poor thing.

The Fuck is wrong with you?
WTB: Outback Joey ($900 bounty for cart only!)

#5376 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 11:48 PM

AS a Walmart employee i believe they should get a discount. Thanks for serving our country.

Seconded, except for the walmart employee part

#5377 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

He wears a disguise to look like human guys.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 11:49 PM

Okay, some of these comments were from several pages ago, but I made the mistake of sleeping for more than hour, so I haven't had a chance to address any of them yet...

Is there a big crime spree coming that I don't know about? I drop that much on clothes/media at the mall on a random weekend with no fear of being mugged, I don't understand the irrational fear of getting mugged over a wii u.

Like I said before, I don't live in a nice town. But that's not even the biggest factor. In the past, numerous people have been mugged and even killed for their consoles around the holidays. There is also a huge difference between clothes and a brand new console. Wii U is expected to be a hot item just like every other console released just before Christmas. People get desperate and go crazy. My grandma literally had to fight off another person who tried to snatch an N64 from her at Target. Clothes simply do not see this kind of crazed demand. Another major factor to keep in mind is that this is a specific release event. People know that the Wii U is coming out on a specific day and that folks with money are going to wait in line for this expensive console that will be very easy to re-sell.

I am already aware that I am being paranoid, but I am also aware that there are desperate people out there who will do whatever it takes to either get the hottest Christmas items and/or make some money. I value my life/safety...I can't expect others to value it as well.

I picked up the rocket fish one yesterday but I thought it also came with a screen protector. I think I will return as a clear case doesn't seem all that great

The Nerf armor kit is coming out today at GameStop. It's $20 and comes with a stylus.
http://www.gamestop....rter-kit/103908

Hmm, I might consider that one. It doesn't cover very much of the front, but it's better than nothing. I'll have to see it in person first, though.

Youre more likely to have your car broken into while you are buying your Wii U than to be robbed at gunpoint for it.

No way. Like I mentioned above, this is a planned public event where people are going to be buying an expensive and popular item. There is a guarantee that a handful of people are going to have a hot, sellable item. It's also easy to assume that some of these people have money on them, even if cash isn't as common as it used to be. Being mugged by someone watching the exit sounds a lot more likely than someone randomly picking my shitty van out of the hundreds of other cars sitting around in the parking lot.

But like I said, I don't expect anything to actually happen to me. It's just a precaution. I would rather be wrong than be robbed, injured, or killed. And that's why Dirty Hairy is going with me.

Ahh crap. I hope they work.

Fred Meyer just had those wii remote plus 10 dollars off, plus an additional 10% off. :( I doubt they are still on sale. I should have grabbed one more just in case.

Keep looking around and you'll find something affordable. You might be able to find one the attachments going cheap on eBay (instead of buying a whole new remote).

I guess I just don't see the point. There is no financial or other advantage to paying off a pre-order early, unless you literally can't trust yourself to not blow all the money you have set aside for the Wii U on Cheetos and Mt. Dew instead (and if that's the case, you probably shouldn't be spending $350+ on video game consoles).

Does it really matter? Maybe there's no advantage, but there's no disadvantage either. For some people, it's one less thing to worry about. For those who primarily use cash, they probably feel safer paying it off now. And some people are just excited and want to be able to say that it's all paid off. I just don't see how it's anyone else's concern.

Anyone familiar with Scribblenauts? Is this a kids game or enjoyable for adults too? (me lol).

I needed a second game to pricematch Toysrus buy 2 get $30 off so I went with Scribblenauts Wii U and Black Ops 2 360. I was hoping Zombie U would be there but it got pushed back to Nov 18th. Such an impulse purchase :(

I am a HUGE fan of Scribblenauts. If it wasn't a launch title, I probably wouldn't have even pre-ordered the Wii U. I can't say whether or not you will enjoy it, but I think these games are ridiculously fun. You just need a decent imagination because without one, it wouldn't be interesting. Kinda like how Minecraft is really boring if you aren't creative (which is why I don't like it). Just check out some of the videos and see if it looks like something you would enjoy.

#5378 Versafied

Versafied

Formerly known as vlv723

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 11:57 PM

Oh boy. I saw people camping out for a system today. (Best Buy in Glendale-Atwater Village, CA)

#5379 ets

ets

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 11:58 PM

Getting a little side tracked...

Walmart Supercenter has
26 Pre-orders
58 are being ordered
so 32 will avaliable for customers on release day.

The regular one only had 14 ordered. But the store decided to order another 20, so 34 are going to that store.
Currently Playing: N/A
On Deck: N.A

MyTradeList [Link]

#5380 MysticPain7

MysticPain7

Posted 13 November 2012 - 11:58 PM

Preordered my Wii U a while back from walmart, but it wont arrive until Tuesday. Any chance i can pick up a Wii U on launch date without a preorder?

#5381 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:02 AM

Oh boy. I saw people camping out for a system today. (Best Buy in Glendale-Atwater Village, CA)

Really? Wow. It might need to drive by Thursday after class to check it out. Got mine preordered at the Pacoima store and they claim they don't have a lot of preorders.

#5382 jwcdis

jwcdis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:05 AM

I was at Fry's Electronics in Sunnyvale, California today.
There was a chalkboard where they listed Wii U bundles.

I believe a Deluxe + Super Mario Bros U for $429.

I didn't ask about the availability though.

#5383 fyrflash1969

fyrflash1969

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:11 AM

Thanks for the offers to help, but thats not what I need.. just blowing off steam cause Im angry at Best Buy. I see a lot of talk about Veterans, and what people need to realize is that most Vets are selfless, and they risk everything because they believe in this country. They come back home, and find a job market that doesnt want them because they are a veteran. My personal story is that I was a criminal lawyer before deciding to serve, because my family serve. I did CI for five years and got injured. I needed some time off to recover, and during that time, I was not able to make payments on my student loans. I got defaulted on the loans, and when I was better, I applied for a federal job. I passed the application process, then got denied my TS clearance because I could not pay my loans while I was recovering. It took me three years to find a decent job, and it is no where near what I should be making, but it pays the bills and I can afford my gaming and systems habit. When I said I cant stand in line.. its not the standing, its more the cold on my joints that never heal, causes pain. Its been really cold at nights (in Austin), so I just cant do wait like that, sitting or standing.

I know a lot of vets are big gamers, we played them overseas during our tours. It helps you get through the stress of worrying about your next mission or your family at home. Its not like you can just go to the beach, or take a drive out there, so it gives you something to do with your comrades at night. With the internet now, you can still play games and communicate with that person who pulled you out of harms way and saved your life. People who dont come back with their bodies functional can still simulate playing the sports they enjoy.

As far as perks for vets... 10% at Walmart or a free meal at Chilis on Veterans day really does not do anything for the guy who will never walk again. Vets in this country will never get what they deserve. Ive learned to be happy with what I have because I know so many of us are far worse off than me, I dont feel I have a right to complain. People are free to think whatever they want, but until they put down that joystick and go experience a real life shooter, dont complain about the person who asks for a small break. All of us live free lives here because at one point or another in history an American soldier has left his family to protect us.

Again, thanks to everyone who offers assistance, but its just a system release, something I want, not need. Ill get a hold of one somehow, I have all of next week off, and there a lot of stores.

#5384 iflabs

iflabs

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:12 AM

Both of you are disgusting. You remind me of the people in congress who salute the flag then ensure they can by Armani. I believe, and I've always believed this, all veterans and active service members should be allowed 50% off everything in all stores, restaurants, medical facilities, and auto repair facilities and that these business should be required by law to do this. I also believe that all veterans and active service members should receive free shipping on anything they order online. Furthermore, I think that at any polling place, new item launch (in which they are allowed one item per military ID), and theme park, they should be granted a free fast pass to the front of the line.

I am not in the service, but I have friends and family who are/were. Do you know what it's like to be in a place that God forgot was there, while you have to kill or be killed? Where you really don't know if this day, Fuck, if this second will be your last because of a sneak attack, air strike, or suicide bomber? Do you know what it's like to not know if you'll have your arm tomorrow? If your wife is cheating back home? If you'll be able to spend this Christmas, or the next, or the next with your toddler? That's what I thought. And you have the nerve to get a tight anus because you have to wait an extra thirty seconds in line at a polling place? When the military are the ones making sure you have the right to be in that polling place to begin with? Or youre mad that you have to answer as to if Walmart has military discounts? I forgot, every vet should always have memorized every business that does or doesn't have the discount. That way you wouldn't have to spend .3 seconds answering their questions, you poor poor thing.

WTF are you talking about? No one forced them into that position. It was all part of the job description they signed onto at their own will. Why not give more to people with shit jobs by your logic? What about janitors and the accident scene crew that clean up your shit? Instead of mouthing off, why don't you write or do something to secure all of those benefits? Oh right, I forgot, it was much easier for you to ramble on the internets.

I have relatives serving in the Navy and Marines but they don't go prancing around being above everyone else. Did they their job and occasionally received appreciations gifts and thanks but they didn't abuse and flaunt it. Serving does not excuse you from humility and being humble like an ordinary citizen.

#5385 majorscud

majorscud

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:13 AM

Thanks for the advice and the nice responses I got from most of you. It was an instore pickup, I ordered it the minute it went live because I wanted to avoid any issues. Took the week off so I could play it too with my family over Thanksgiving. I did write a couple managers in town, and called the store where it was going. They were really kinda jerkish at the store, saying I should stand in line after I told them I could not stand in the cold for long periods of time because of my injury. Ill keep a lookout to see if any sites post one available, driving to get one is not an issue. If all else fails, I probably can fill my week with AC3.

Ive had pretty good experiences with BB in the past, especially last xmas season was crazy. I am a silver member there, so it really pisses me off that they wont take help me. In talking with the people today they use the words cant help in the place of wont help. Thats what annoys me the most, they hide behind rules that they wont make exceptions for because it would take them a call to get permission. Ill probably still shop there, but never preordering again.. I talked with my bank, they granted the hold on Friday, then BB repeatedly spammed them requesting another hold for the same thing, so I really do not blame them for denying the multiple requests. Have no idea why BB had to do this so close to release.

I sent you a PM

#5386 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:15 AM

This Military talk should probably stop. Seeing as how its a Wii U preorder thread.

fyrflash1969, I wish you were in So. Cal. I would have helped you out with one of my extras. Best of luck.

#5387 coopscohen

coopscohen

All Skill, No Luck

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:20 AM

Just left the BB I placed my preorder. CSR said there were 52 deluxe and 20 basic. He also said they are doing a midnight launch despite not being listed on the website so check with your store. He said the website isn't always accurate. He did say everyone who preordered was guaranteed a unit and was unsure if they would have any giveaways.

#5388 AcePuppy

AcePuppy

Yoshi Yoshi!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:25 AM

Wii U pro controller is on a 2-3 week delay according to my preorder bundle from them. I can cancel at no charge. I'm sure some of you will be receiving the same message soon if you haven't already.

#5389 gordojones88

gordojones88

Sith Lord Darth CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:27 AM

Always with the entitlement.
Posted Image

Posted Image

My problem was this hoarder took all of them including my one copy as I helped her.

#5390 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:29 AM

Posted Image

Also, this guy is pissed that gamestop wouldn't let him pre-order a wii u because it was sold out.

Edited by Drclaw411, 14 November 2012 - 01:05 AM.

#5391 vtswordfish

vtswordfish

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:07 AM

He'd be pissed if he put his money down and they told him it was a 3-month wait too, I remember the fiasco with the 360 and PS3 when they came out, gamestop screwed me hard on both of those and I preordered way in advance, seems they've learned their lesson.

#5392 MotzCTG

MotzCTG

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:07 AM

I called up my target right now (downtown seattle) and they said they aren't taking pre-orders and it is first come first serve on sunday morning at 8AM... I will probably go down Saturday night just to verify with them, if so I will camp out at the risk of being stabbed in downtown seattle at that hour. :)

#5393 Nintendonly

Nintendonly

feck this shat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:12 AM

Asking for companies to willingly just give discounts to GOVERNMENT-backed employees would require the government to give these companies tax subsidies (thus, making the tax-payers pay more), or the company would have to charge more for all of their products. I'd rather have neither, thanks.

Currently playing:

icon_snes.gif- Nothing, 11m9gn4.png- Nothing
:3ds:- Sonic Battle (GBA), :psp:- Nothing
:ps3:- Nothing, atari_jaguar.png- Nothing, Pippin01.gif- Nothing
Wii_U_platform_icon.png- Beyond Good & Evil (GCN), 20g0cxd.png- Nothing

#5394 vtswordfish

vtswordfish

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:16 AM

I'd pay more in taxes if I felt like it was going to the right place (i.e. veterans) but we all know that isn't the case.

#5395 sharpeone

sharpeone

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:16 AM

To change the subject for now...Those who shop at Target and have a red card (tied to debit), how long does it take to go through that process in store? I'm looking at picking up my preorder on Sunday and would like to be able to get the 5% back if possible.

Check my trade list at http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=313024

Sign up for Ibotta using http://ibotta.com/r/SCETeg to earn your first $2.  Ibotta has exclusive rebates at over 100,000 stores nationwide.

#5396 Nintendonly

Nintendonly

feck this shat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:18 AM

I'd pay more in taxes if I felt like it was going to the right place (i.e. veterans) but we all know that isn't the case.

Sorry, I only deal with reality, not in ideals.

Currently playing:

icon_snes.gif- Nothing, 11m9gn4.png- Nothing
:3ds:- Sonic Battle (GBA), :psp:- Nothing
:ps3:- Nothing, atari_jaguar.png- Nothing, Pippin01.gif- Nothing
Wii_U_platform_icon.png- Beyond Good & Evil (GCN), 20g0cxd.png- Nothing

#5397 UnseenGamer7

UnseenGamer7

CAG in Training

• CAG Veteran

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:24 AM

Is everyone else here who pre ordered a wii u at target going when they open in hopes they won't give away your pre order? I keep getting told different things by different workers there so I am hoping to get there right as they open

#5398 MotzCTG

MotzCTG

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:25 AM

To change the subject for now...Those who shop at Target and have a red card (tied to debit), how long does it take to go through that process in store? I'm looking at picking up my preorder on Sunday and would like to be able to get the 5% back if possible.

Did you actually pre-order in the store? I just called up mine and they said they are doing first come first serve.

I need to do the red card as well now that you mention it. Although I think you need a blank check... which I do not have.

#5399 Ag_SurfR

Ag_SurfR

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:28 AM

Asking for companies to willingly just give discounts to GOVERNMENT-backed employees would require the government to give these companies tax subsidies (thus, making the tax-payers pay more), or the company would have to charge more for all of their products. I'd rather have neither, thanks.

yeah. what the hell is this, north korea?

Auen1.png?7125

#5400 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:32 AM

Also, this guy is pissed that gamestop wouldn't let him pre-order a wii u because it was sold out.

"I got cash."

Can't say I feel bad for those who didn't get in early. Snooze and you lose.