Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:20 AM

Wow!!

http://www.highdefdi...lling_Off/10516

#5432 Midnight Express

Midnight Express

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:22 AM

I've never used layaway at Walmart and this situation I think is a first for them but maybe someone can answer this question. I preordered on Oct 14 and of course the release date is Nov 18 but I just thought about it, should I have made or make a payment tomorrow as think you have to make a payment every 30 days or am I wrong about this?

#5433 Maskim

Maskim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:25 AM

I've never used layaway at Walmart and this situation I think is a first for them but maybe someone can answer this question. I preordered on Oct 14 and of course the release date is Nov 18 but I just thought about it, should I have made or make a payment tomorrow as think you have to make a payment every 30 days or am I wrong about this?

Read your receipt for terms of the contract. It says it has to be paid off no later than December 14th, or you will forfeit the layaway. I know people have worried about making a payment within 30 days, but the terms don't state that, and I verified with two managers.
Posted Image

#5434 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:25 AM

(accidental post)
WTB: Outback Joey ($900 bounty for cart only!)

#5435 prim4444

prim4444

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:27 AM

Just got back from my local TRU. I asked if they were going to have any extra Wiiu's available besides the pre-ordered systems? My nephew wants one for Christmas. The manager who I know fairly well told me they still haven't recieved their shipment yet. But according to the numbers he is suppose to get, my TRU over sold the pre-orders by 37. The manager said they were going to get 6 Basic and 12 Deluxe. Looks like I will be there Sunday morning at 6am to make sure I get one.

Apparently you've got a clueless manager over there. All the stores in my area are getting a few more to sell on top of pre orders(at least a dozen in a combination of both systems). If a store were to oversell their pre orders, they would just move some systems from other stores to cover. From the numbers I've seen that is being shipped, this is not possible.

#5436 Midnight Express

Midnight Express

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:29 AM

Read your receipt for terms of the contract. It says it has to be paid off no later than December 14th, or you will forfeit the layaway. I know people have worried about making a payment within 30 days, but the terms don't state that, and I verified with two managers.

Thanks for the information, I have briefly (hopefully) misplaced my receipt.

#5437 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:30 AM

TOYS R US HAS A BASIC MODEL BUNDLE LISTED FOR PRE-ORDER ONLINE, NO ADD TO CART BUTTON YET.

For those who missed out, this is now on TRU's website:

http://www.toysrus.c...&prodFindSrc=pn

It's a basic model bundle that requires you also buy Batman Arkham City and Scribblenauts Unlimted. It's listed at $419.99, and does not show as sold out. However, it does not have an add-to-cart button on the page as of yet.

My apologies if this has been posted already.
WTB: Outback Joey ($900 bounty for cart only!)

#5438 RaysGame

RaysGame

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:30 AM

I asked my local walmart about this last weekend. They told me that there is no payment plan for their layaway and it has to be paid off by December 14th.

#5439 gordojones88

gordojones88

Sith Lord Darth CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:31 AM

Wow!!

http://www.highdefdi...lling_Off/10516

Last generation of consoles proved you cannot predict what is going to happen.

I predict the Ouya will replace all PC gaming.
Posted Image

Posted Image

My problem was this hoarder took all of them including my one copy as I helped her.

#5440 jedi0077

jedi0077

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:00 AM

No payments need to be made after the initial 10%. Until Dec 14th. Then pay it off and go home and play :)

#5441 saysomething

saysomething

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:04 AM

i was thinking about doing that with my copy of nsmbu, but i wasn't sure if there was any different packaging on a copy from a retail store compared with one i'd get from newegg.

That's what I am afraid of lol, if it happens I will just play the dumb and say I got it twice and forgot which one was Bestbuy's.

Can anyone confirm if the games are exactly the same ones or each company has a different bar code??

#5442 vtswordfish

vtswordfish

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:05 AM

That's what I am afraid of lol, if it happens I will just play the dumb and say I got it twice and forgot which one was Bestbuy's.

Can anyone confirm if the games are exactly the same ones or each company has a different bar code??

Pretty sure companies have different barcodes, I may be wrong though.

#5443 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:07 AM

Its all the same bar codes.

#5444 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:07 AM

Yeah. If it isn't a special store edition or something, it should all be the same UPC.

#5445 saysomething

saysomething

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:10 AM

Thanks!

I just could not resist to bring it home when I saw it today and I was hesitating since I got newegg preordered promo and I have not received an email telling me they have sent it!

Has anyone seen the new video explaining the network, miiverse and stuff? Makes me want to have it now!!

Edited by saysomething, 14 November 2012 - 05:12 AM.
add a comment

#5446 Confidance

Confidance

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:12 AM

I can confirm that on day 1 more units of Wii U than pre-ordered are arriving at Gamestops. So that's good news for the waitlisters

#5447 MetalSlugger

MetalSlugger

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RAPADOOOO

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:16 AM

I can confirm that on day 1 more units of Wii U than pre-ordered are arriving at Gamestops. So that's good news for the waitlisters

My local GS manager told me today that he would only have enough for preorders.

uc.png

#5448 CronO_O

CronO_O

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:20 AM

So i bud of mine that works at toysrus i used to work at told me they are having buy one get 1 40% off now ... gonna double check tommorrow he said mario wasn't in and games they had in currently was scribblenaughts/cod/just dance 4/ass creed 3/cod/rabbids/madden.

#5449 prim4444

prim4444

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:24 AM

So i bud of mine that works at toysrus i used to work at told me they are having buy one get 1 40% off now ... gonna double check tommorrow he said mario wasn't in and games they had in currently was scribblenaughts/cod/just dance 4/ass creed 3/cod/rabbids/madden.

Only for the games that are $49.99 and less this week.

Next week, all Wii U games will be B1G1 40%

#5450 CronO_O

CronO_O

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:29 AM

Only for the games that are $49.99 and less this week.

Next week, all Wii U games will be B1G1 40%

Thought it was only black friday but yea that is what i assumed, still gonna take a peak to see if it rings up maybe there might be a bug. So i will update it tommorrow when i find out for sure.

#5451 henry00x

henry00x

Chosen One

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:42 AM

FWIW i spoke to the girl who i believe is the manager at my local GS today and she told me they had not received their shipment of the WiiU's yet

#5452 The Dead Texan

The Dead Texan

Rest in Peace, Big Rizzle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:53 AM

FWIW i spoke to the girl who i believe is the manager at my local GS today and she told me they had not received their shipment of the WiiU's yet

Wink or no wink?

#5453 saysomething

saysomething

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:00 AM

What I don't get is that the only playable game is Rayman and it is not even a launch game.

#5454 mBucket

mBucket

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:02 AM

What I don't get is that the only playable game is Rayman and it is not even a launch game.

Probably because it makes the best use of the GamePad screen. Plus no sense in giving a demo for a big name game like Mario that people will already buy based on the name alone. Gives Rayman a little advertising.

#5455 Tiako

Tiako

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:08 AM

Both of you are disgusting. You remind me of the people in congress who salute the flag then ensure they can by Armani. I believe, and I've always believed this, all veterans and active service members should be allowed 50% off everything in all stores, restaurants, medical facilities, and auto repair facilities and that these business should be required by law to do this. I also believe that all veterans and active service members should receive free shipping on anything they order online. Furthermore, I think that at any polling place, new item launch (in which they are allowed one item per military ID), and theme park, they should be granted a free fast pass to the front of the line.

I am not in the service, but I have friends and family who are/were. Do you know what it's like to be in a place that God forgot was there, while you have to kill or be killed? Where you really don't know if this day, Fuck, if this second will be your last because of a sneak attack, air strike, or suicide bomber? Do you know what it's like to not know if you'll have your arm tomorrow? If your wife is cheating back home? If you'll be able to spend this Christmas, or the next, or the next with your toddler? That's what I thought. And you have the nerve to get a tight anus because you have to wait an extra thirty seconds in line at a polling place? When the military are the ones making sure you have the right to be in that polling place to begin with? Or youre mad that you have to answer as to if Walmart has military discounts? I forgot, every vet should always have memorized every business that does or doesn't have the discount. That way you wouldn't have to spend .3 seconds answering their questions, you poor poor thing.

The Fuck is wrong with you?

50% off of everything? Doesn't sound very American to me at all.

#5456 The Dead Texan

The Dead Texan

Rest in Peace, Big Rizzle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:14 AM

Both of you are disgusting. You remind me of the people in congress who salute the flag then ensure they can by Armani. I believe, and I've always believed this, all veterans and active service members should be allowed 50% off everything in all stores, restaurants, medical facilities, and auto repair facilities and that these business should be required by law to do this. I also believe that all veterans and active service members should receive free shipping on anything they order online. Furthermore, I think that at any polling place, new item launch (in which they are allowed one item per military ID), and theme park, they should be granted a free fast pass to the front of the line.

I am not in the service, but I have friends and family who are/were. Do you know what it's like to be in a place that God forgot was there, while you have to kill or be killed? Where you really don't know if this day, Fuck, if this second will be your last because of a sneak attack, air strike, or suicide bomber? Do you know what it's like to not know if you'll have your arm tomorrow? If your wife is cheating back home? If you'll be able to spend this Christmas, or the next, or the next with your toddler? That's what I thought. And you have the nerve to get a tight anus because you have to wait an extra thirty seconds in line at a polling place? When the military are the ones making sure you have the right to be in that polling place to begin with? Or youre mad that you have to answer as to if Walmart has military discounts? I forgot, every vet should always have memorized every business that does or doesn't have the discount. That way you wouldn't have to spend .3 seconds answering their questions, you poor poor thing.

The Fuck is wrong with you?

hahaha, holy shit, you're fucking insane. :lol:

#5457 tcbys

tcbys

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:19 AM

Funny thing is people buying the Pii U.:puke:

Like me:)

#5458 Alkalinejoe

Alkalinejoe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:25 AM

hahaha, holy shit, you're fucking insane. :lol:

Hey, I would so join the army so I could get 50% off a Wii U.:lol:
Currently playing:
:360: Dragon's Dogma
:ps3: Bioshock Infinite
:wii: The Last Story
:gc: None
:ps2: .hack//Mutation

XBL: Aerogenji
PSN: Aerogambit

#5459 Alucard400

Alucard400

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:30 AM

Well, Best Buy screwed me over on my purchase. They billed my account the amount to hold the preorder. I kept the money in the account. In middle of the night, they notified me that my payment was rejected, and to call and correct the order. One minute later, they cancelled it. I found out that my my bank was holding the money for the preorder, but Best Buy made another request on top of the hold. So the bank refused to do two holds. Anyhow, Bestbuy.com could care less.. they told me to preorder it again, which is not possible or to just go to my store. I cant wait in line even if I want to with my disability.

So now, No WiiU, and I have a ton of preorders with Newegg for games and the new controller. Happy Veterans Day gift for me from Best Buy. The good thing is, as a vet, Im kinda used to being screwed over.

They did this to me too! I had a credit card with enough to make one pre order. But best buy.com suddenly makes a second request to hold funds. I didnt get a chance to even change the payment method. I called customer service and they couldnt reinstate my order! I was so pissed! But i got lucky when pre orders opened up for target.com last week at around 4am in the morning. My insomnia made me lucky!

#5460 tightclaws

tightclaws

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:35 AM

They did this to me too! I had a credit card with enough to make one pre order. But best buy.com suddenly makes a second request to hold funds. I didnt get a chance to even change the payment method. I called customer service and they couldnt reinstate my order! I was so pissed! But i got lucky when pre orders opened up for target.com last week at around 4am in the morning. My insomnia made me lucky!

Best Buy is the worst, I only buy stuff there if its a last resort. I have not bought anything there since Gears Of War 3 because they screwed it up so bad. And treated me like shit, like it was my fault. Try and stay far away from that BS ahole place.
Posted Image