• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8921 replies to this topic

#5491 Nintendonly

Nintendonly

feck this shat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 02:41 PM

I talked to the manager of my walmart store and she said to me to chill out LOL
She said I am guaranteed to get the system, since it is preodrered on layaway. They will put my system aside, no worries.
She also told me their store will get only one shipment this month, to cover preorders, walk ins and black friday (they will save some of them for black friday).
My store closes midnight, and reopens at 6 am. I was wondering If I can get my wii u just before the store closes at mignight on saturday.

Well, my store is getting 44 units of the Deluxe (16 of which are layaway preorders) and 10 units of the standard. There's no way we are selling out on day one.

Currently playing:

icon_snes.gif- Nothing, 11m9gn4.png- Nothing
:3ds:- Monster Rancher Advance 2, :psp:- Nothing
:ps3:- Nothing, atari_jaguar.png- Elansar, Pippin01.gif- Super Marathon
Wii_U_platform_icon.png- Ducktales Remastered, 20g0cxd.png- Nothing

#5492 tbassett

tbassett

MW2 Still King

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 02:41 PM

The reviews to several sites were pushed back, heavily indicating that the game is getting negative reviews.

oh wow, i didn't know nancy drew was a CAGER

#5493 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 02:53 PM

oh wow, i didn't know nancy drew was a CAGER

Just CAG. CAGER is Cheap Ass Gamer-er.

#5494 ProppaT

ProppaT

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 02:57 PM

The reviews to several sites were pushed back, heavily indicating that the game is getting negative reviews.

The only reviews out so far are for Ninja Gaiden. Reviews being pushed past release date generally indicate negative reviews, but the game doesn't even come out until Sunday. IGN's review comes out on Sunday, so that's fine. It seems like most sites are on a similar review schedule to IGN's, which makes me wonder if it's not mandated by Nintendo.

#5495 Nintendonly

Nintendonly

feck this shat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:04 PM

oh wow, i didn't know debbie downer was a CAGER

Fixed.

Currently playing:

#5496 GizmoGC

GizmoGC

I love Cheese

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:11 PM

Well, my store is getting 44 units of the Deluxe (16 of which are layaway preorders) and 10 units of the standard. There's no way we are selling out on day one.

You will.

The Wii line at TRU last time was 100+ deep.

#5497 goku2057

goku2057

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:12 PM

Target charged me for my two consoles today, guess that means they're shipping soon. If I recall correctly they do not charge until they ship.

#5498 GizmoGC

GizmoGC

I love Cheese

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:12 PM

it's called external harddrive which most people already have, i could careless about charging cradle/ who the heck needs a stand i will not use wii U to video chat so it's pointless. they should have made deluxe version in white the black is too much of finger print magnet.

Most people don't have extra External HDs laying around. Most people would rather not have it hooked up to the back of their Wii U.

Why are you trying to spice of the Base unit? It's not worth saving $50.

#5499 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:14 PM

That's an unfortunate reason to miss Mario's debut in HD.

I bought all the NSMB games, and I am getting tired of the same graphics and the same music for every game. Unless NSMBU really is way better than the others then I will wait for at least a price drop.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#5500 Nintendonly

Nintendonly

feck this shat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:15 PM

You will.

The Wii line at TRU last time was 100+ deep.

Wii =/= Wii U.

Either most people don't know about the Wii U or they think it's a ~$100 controller add-on to the Wii. The only people who are going to buy it day 1 are scalpers and fanboys.

Currently playing:

#5501 GizmoGC

GizmoGC

I love Cheese

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:16 PM

I bought all the NSMB games, and I am getting tired of the same graphics and the same music for every game. Unless NSMBU really is way better than the others then I will wait for at least a price drop.

Nintendo games and price drop are funny to see in the same sentence.

#5502 Davivascaino

Davivascaino

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:16 PM

mario games almost never get a significant price drop or sales. I would say maybe 10-20 bucks at most

DaviVascaino.png         Davivascaino.png

#5503 Nintendonly

Nintendonly

feck this shat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:18 PM

I got NSMBU for $48 from Newegg's preorder sale.

Currently playing:

#5504 TheNeck

TheNeck

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:23 PM

has anybody tried to do a walmart layaway preorder this week at walmart with any success?

if so, do you have to go to layaway or electronics to get this done? Thanks

#5505 g0omba

g0omba

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:25 PM

Walmart quit doing the layaway deal. I tried over the weekend at two stores in Kentucky.

#5506 MysticPain7

MysticPain7

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:26 PM

has anybody tried to do a walmart layaway preorder this week at walmart with any success?

i went in yesterday to try that and no luck

#5507 royalbliss1

royalbliss1

Black Rock City

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:26 PM

I tried this last night after finding out my TRU oversold so many pre-orders. My Walmart said they were no longer taking the pre-orders on the first of November.

Posted Image

#5508 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:32 PM

Not to pile on, but Super Mario 64 DS is still sold at $29.99 even though it's been on store shelves for 8 years.

#5509 Katsumi

Katsumi

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:33 PM

So I've been trying to figure this out.. as it will decide how quickly I get the Wii U connected but..

Are Nintendo Network ID's unique like gamertags / PSN names, or are they like battle.net where multiple people can have the same name, it just adds a number afterwards? Given this is nintendo and they don't like keeping up with the times, i'm assuming they are unique and I should rush to get mine?

I don't think they have told us yet... but maybe someone knows something I don't :)

Kat_Siggy80.png Katsumica.png

#5510 hoofrog

hoofrog

Game Whore

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:35 PM

So I've been trying to figure this out.. as it will decide how quickly I get the Wii U connected but..

Are Nintendo Network ID's unique like gamertags / PSN names, or are they like battle.net where multiple people can have the same name, it just adds a number afterwards? Given this is nintendo and they don't like keeping up with the times, i'm assuming they are unique and I should rush to get mine?

I don't think they have told us yet... but maybe someone knows something I don't :)

The most recent Nintendo Direct video gave me the impression that the ID might be your e-mail address.

#5511 Cheapskate

Cheapskate

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:36 PM

it's called external harddrive which most people already have, i could careless about charging cradle/ who the heck needs a stand i will not use wii U to video chat so it's pointless. they should have made deluxe version in white the black is too much of finger print magnet.

The biggest reason to get the Deluxe unit is if you want a good deal on games bought from the Wii U eShop.

#5512 Katsumi

Katsumi

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:38 PM

The most recent Nintendo Direct video gave me the impression that the ID might be your e-mail address.

That would be nice if that's the case too... they just haven't been very clear on it yet :)

Kat_Siggy80.png Katsumica.png

#5513 Nintendonly

Nintendonly

feck this shat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:39 PM

Walmart quit doing the layaway deal. I tried over the weekend at two stores in Kentucky.

It ended November 1st for all stores.

Currently playing:

#5514 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:40 PM

Nintendo Wii U Deluxe Set Game Console with Just Dance 4 and Madden NFL 13 - Pre-Order - $459.99

Dell has the Wii U up for Pre-Order now. I'll add it to the OP.

#5515 vtswordfish

vtswordfish

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:44 PM

I hate when they bundle it with games most people would never buy together hah

#5516 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:46 PM

I hate when they bundle it with games most people would never buy together hah

If I knew for certain I was coming home empty handed on Sunday I'd order one and just sell off the two games.

#5517 Crimson Mist

Crimson Mist

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:48 PM

Nintendo Wii U Deluxe Set Game Console with Just Dance 4 and Madden NFL 13 - Pre-Order - $459.99

Dell has the Wii U up for Pre-Order now. I'll add it to the OP.

How in the bloody hell Dell managed to get their hands on the Wii U while NewEgg and Amazon didn't get it?!

#5518 EnVoYCoOkiE

EnVoYCoOkiE

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:50 PM

Hmmm I would preorder from Dell but the real question is does it come with the Pro Controller? It is shown in the images but doesn't show that its included.

#5519 Dr. Feel Good

Dr. Feel Good

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:51 PM

I'm very curious what will happen on Sunday. I don't feel the press, ads or buzz is as high as expected.

I think it'll gain some hype into the holiday season via word of mouth and in-store demos, but I'm not expecting an epic shortage like last time.

#5520 vtswordfish

vtswordfish

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:51 PM

If I knew for certain I was coming home empty handed on Sunday I'd order one and just sell off the two games.

I'd take your chances on Sunday, better to get the games you want and everything anyways. One curious thing about the Dell listing is I noticed the Pro controller is pictured, wonder if that is part of the bundle? Didn't see it mentioned on the listing.