The Wii U Pre-Order Thread - $349.99/$299.99 - 11/18/12

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8921 replies to this topic

#5701 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:42 AM

Not sure why everyone is so worried about Gamestop. Most are getting enough stock to cover pre-orders, after that its the waitlist. They arent going to sell off a pre-ordered console on day 1 lol.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#5702 TimboSliceGB

TimboSliceGB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:45 AM

Not sure why everyone is so worried about Gamestop. Most are getting enough stock to cover pre-orders, after that its the waitlist. They arent going to sell off a pre-ordered console on day 1 lol.

yeah. that's one positive thing about gamestop they are maybe the best i have seen to taking care of preorders systems and games.

#5703 jedi0077

jedi0077

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:47 AM

Call them two days before, the night before and the morning of launch. Then call on your way to the store. Once more to tell them your in line. Then watch as they smash your console on the counter a few times as you pay for it when they realize your "that guy" that kept calling lol

#5704 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:50 AM

Just curious, has anyone's GameStop, in the US, said that they were going to do a Midnight launch or open early on Sunday? I called mine and they said they hadn't gotten an email from corporate about what they are doing and won't know at the latest by Friday, which is when I'll probably call.

Honestly I wouldn't be disappointed by a lack of a midnight release for a preorder, I like sleeping early when I can, but I would be disappointed if I had to wait until there normal opening time if they aren't opening earlier.

I didn't ask about preorder fulfillment though, will probably do that when I call on Friday.

Just call Saturday night to ask them to hold your console, and again Sunday morning when they open to make sure they hold it to be reassured. Just make sure you mention it's a preorder, since I doubt they can hold new consoles on launch day that aren't preordered.

If you are really worried get employee names and ID numbers and ask if they are going to be there when you plan to arrive. If not, ask when the people that will be there are going to get in so you can call again to remind them. Doesn't 100% guarantee you, but it does make sending an email to corporate complaining about not getting a Wii U you preordered a lot easier :P.

I think i'm gonna pretty much do that. I really wish they were doing a midnight release. It would make this a lot easier for me. I do have to wonder why GS isn't doing a midnight for this when they did for the Vita.

Also, what the hell kind of name is 30 Great Games: Obstacle Arcade
WTB: Outback Joey ($900 bounty for cart only!)

#5705 TimboSliceGB

TimboSliceGB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:51 AM

im kind of sad i did not take the dell offer this morning. I really don't need or want it on release but scared that once spring comes when the games i want come out might be hard to find. But then other part of me wants to wait to see how this turns out. I was kind of disapointed with the wii and the lack of 3rd party games. If 3rd partys start to make tons of wii u exlusfives that i like it will be a must to have the system. When it comes to multi system games i prefer them on 360 because of the online community.

#5706 TrumpetDan

TrumpetDan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:51 AM

Just curious, has anyone's GameStop, in the US, said that they were going to do a Midnight launch or open early on Sunday?

I was told my local store would open two hours early on Sunday, at 9am rather than 11am. This was the Cerritos, CA location.

#5707 therealdanhill

therealdanhill

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:53 AM

Just got off the phone with K Mart, because now my order is showing up as "expired" in my Paypal, yet still shows as processing on the kmart.com site. I've been calling them like once a week to make sure this wouldn't happen, that there would be no problems if the order expired, and the lady did say nothing had changed on her end, so I still have hope.

Has anyone else had a situation like this, with an order showing as "expired" in Paypal?

I don't get the decision to not have a GameCube disc reader on the system. Is it just to resell GCN games as eShop downloads later? Is it to keep the cost down? I can't imagine adding GameCube BC would cost a lot of money.

Posted Image

#5708 TimboSliceGB

TimboSliceGB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:54 AM

i watched a new nintendo video today and happy they made it more easy to add friends all you need to know is their nintendo network name not message someone for their dumb number just click add friend button nad boom request sent.

#5709 stonciddta

stonciddta

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:58 AM

I spoke to Best Buy today, checking if they were doing a midnight launch, they said no. I asked about how it would be Sunday morning, since I had a pre-order online and they told me those have already been pulled and put aside.

#5710 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 02:04 AM

Dell basic bundle is sold out
WTB: Outback Joey ($900 bounty for cart only!)

#5711 nugarp

nugarp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 02:04 AM

I spoke to Best Buy today, checking if they were doing a midnight launch, they said no. I asked about how it would be Sunday morning, since I had a pre-order online and they told me those have already been pulled and put aside.

Same for my local BB. Word for word.
360, PS3, Wii, PSP Slim games & acc for trade:

my tradelist

#5712 jedi0077

jedi0077

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 02:17 AM

Just got off the phone with K Mart, because now my order is showing up as "expired" in my Paypal, yet still shows as processing on the kmart.com site. I've been calling them like once a week to make sure this wouldn't happen, that there would be no problems if the order expired, and the lady did say nothing had changed on her end, so I still have hope.

Has anyone else had a situation like this, with an order showing as "expired" in Paypal?

PP's customer service is tops. Call them up.

#5713 therealdanhill

therealdanhill

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 02:20 AM

So pissed. After escalations with K Mart and Paypal help they are both pointing the finger at each other. Paypal says the retailer is the only one who can set an order to expire, K Mart says they do not set expiration dates before a release on a Presale. Paypal says it is out of their hands, K Mart says if the order is expired it is not their fault. It is still processing on kmart.com but I was told if there is any changes it may take a couple days to update as cancelled.

If there is anybody in Massachusetts/CT who would be able to help a fellow CAG and sell me a deluxe system, in case I get stiffed here, that would be great. I'll give you 400 bucks and drive wherever I have to. I know people are going to mark it up, but this is our one family gift this year and things are really tight. Send me a PM if you have one to spare. I also have games and other various good stuff I can throw in to make it happen if need be.

I don't get the decision to not have a GameCube disc reader on the system. Is it just to resell GCN games as eShop downloads later? Is it to keep the cost down? I can't imagine adding GameCube BC would cost a lot of money.

Posted Image

#5714 earvcunanan

earvcunanan

I'm cool.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 02:21 AM

Same here.

Good to know, too. I'll just sleep in and then pick up my pre-order after breakfast =D

#5715 247

Posted 15 November 2012 - 02:26 AM

why do you trade in games into gamestop they are the biggest rip off in trade ins heck most of the time amazon offers double what gamestop offers and they give you free shipping to ship it to them. If not amazon i use local gamestroes and still get more then gamestop or craigslist

Nah. GameStop is one of the best place to trade games in. I basically paid off my Wii u with trade ins. You must be doing it wrong and only getting base values.

#5716 gordojones88

gordojones88

Sith Lord Darth CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 02:30 AM

I watched a new Nintendo video today and happy they made it more easy to add friends all you need to know is their nintendo network name not message someone for their dumb number just click add friend button nad boom request sent.

Here is my Nintendo Network ID. Add me for a friend!

319q04564487-029874098-7290q34850-9872495856
Posted Image

Posted Image

My problem was this hoarder took all of them including my one copy as I helped her.

#5717 bigriggy63

bigriggy63

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 02:31 AM

Same for my local BB. Word for word.

I live n Fairfax, Va. Best Buy in Fairlakes told me tonight that they are opening at Midnight Saturday night, and Gamestop is doing a 9AM Launch Sunday AM. Have two pre-paid at each store, and couldnt be more excited....GO NINTENDO! lol

#5718 yokofox33

yokofox33

House Stark

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 02:37 AM

My local GS is doing an early opening on Sunday. They don't know the time yet, but they told me to call back on Saturday.

#5719 vtswordfish

vtswordfish

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 02:38 AM

Gonna make some calls around here tomorrow and find out where my best shot at a Deluxe unit is, I have to work late Saturday night so will have to hit a store that opens on Sunday morning, hoping Best Buy isn't doing a midnight opening here.

#5720 Octopod

Octopod

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 02:56 AM

I'm going to be busy on Saturday until around 11:30 pm which sucks because my Walmart is doing a midnight launch and I wanted to get there 2 or 3 hours early just in case. I guess I'll just have to hope they have enough to cover preorders. If they don't I might just blow up since I was the second person in line the morning they started taking preorders and they have $700 of my money already.

#5721 TimboSliceGB

TimboSliceGB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 02:59 AM

I'm going to be busy on Saturday until around 11:30 pm which sucks because my Walmart is doing a midnight launch and I wanted to get there 2 or 3 hours early just in case. I guess I'll just have to hope they have enough to cover preorders. If they don't I might just blow up since I was the second person in line the morning they started taking preorders and they have $700 of my money already.

700 bucks? geez what did you buy lol

#5722 Octopod

Octopod

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:02 AM

700 bucks? geez what did you buy lol

Two deluxe consoles. One for me and one for the brother-in-laws family for Xmas. \

Actually I guess $699.00 since I left $1 unpaid and there is no sales tax in NH.

#5723 TimboSliceGB

TimboSliceGB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:07 AM

Two deluxe consoles. One for me and one for the brother-in-laws family for Xmas. \

Actually I guess $699.00 since I left $1 unpaid and there is no sales tax in NH.

oh nice yeah i would be upset if i was you don't get them for all that lol

#5724 Octopod

Octopod

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:13 AM

oh nice yeah i would be upset if i was you don't get them for all that lol

Well, hopefully since it is supposed to be held in layaway I can just stroll in at midnight and pick them up no prob. I'm just starting to get paranoid now that it is getting close. :lol: We'll see I guess.

#5725 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:37 AM

Well, tardy to the party, as usual. I dropped by the Target behind my house and all their preorders were gone, but the guy working said they have about 10 of each that will be on sale Sunday morning. Now, do I want to get up uber early and most likely wait in line for one? I just have a feeling that the hoarders are going to make it hard to get one this year if I don't try at launch...

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

#5726 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:42 AM

Well, tardy to the party, as usual. I dropped by the Target behind my house and all their preorders were gone, but the guy working said they have about 10 of each that will be on sale Sunday morning. Now, do I want to get up uber early and most likely wait in line for one? I just have a feeling that the hoarders are going to make it hard to get one this year if I don't try at launch...

If I had a target in my backyard, I wouldn't mind camping out. ;)

#5727 vtswordfish

vtswordfish

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:43 AM

Just get out and wait for it man!

#5728 Quuids

Quuids

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:43 AM

I have been reading this post periodically and I have seen a lot of paranoia towards the Walmart layaway preorder. This in turn was making me worry also. I called a few days ago and the people working at layaway had no idea what was going on. I decided to go in today and I feel much better about it. The woman knew exactly what was going to happen. She said I don't need to pay anything until Saturday and that there would be two lines. One for people who preordered and one for people who didn't have the chance. She said my WiiU was guaranteed to be there and that they would be passing them out at 12:01am. It was nice to speak with someone who knew what was going on. Hope this helps someone out who is worried about the layaway stuff!

#5729 rckola911

rckola911

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:45 AM

when i pick up my wii u im bringing friends we live in a bad hood.
http://gifb.in/h8sVPosted Image

#5730 gordojones88

gordojones88

Sith Lord Darth CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:45 AM

The Wii U OS takes up 4.2GB of storage space.
The basic model will have 3GB of useable storage.
Nintendo Land is a 3.2GB download.
Obviously, a USB external hard drive will provide extra storage.

ign.com/key-details-on-wii-u-storage-solutions

Posted Image

Posted Image

My problem was this hoarder took all of them including my one copy as I helped her.