The Wii U Pre-Order Thread - $349.99/$299.99 - 11/18/12

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8921 replies to this topic

#31 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 04:05 PM

Just got off the phone with a GS rep. Here's some GAMESTOP WiiU PRE-ORDER INFO (in-store only for now):

- $25 down for PUR members; $50 for non-members
- There will be old hardware system promotion for trade-in towards a WiiU pre-order
--- $50 for old Wii system
--- $115 for phat PS3, $140 for slim PS3 system
--- $90 for 3DS system
--- forgot to ask about 360, sorry

- NintendoLand game only is still $100 in the computer, so buying the Premium $350 bundle is a steal! :-)

Only 25$? Well thats good, maybe i can afford it after all. But is it 25$ for both? Or just the cheaper bundle
Posted ImagePosted Image

#32 Birbo

Birbo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 04:06 PM

Does it say how much an extra gamepad is going for? Just curious.

I'll be taking a wait & see approach with this system. I've owned every Nintendo system since the SNES, but the thick layer of dust on my Wii has me thinking I'm better off waiting for a PS4/Xbox 720 or finally getting the gaming/HTPC I've been dreaming of.

#33 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Why on earth would anyone in there right mind trade-in a PS3 or 360 for a Wii U? People that need to save a few inches of space?

That's what she said!:lol:

#34 Youngnoble

Youngnoble

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

I heard Amazon doesn't directly sell Nintendo consoles anymore.

Amazon.de is taking preorders on the Wii U.

#35 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 04:14 PM

Why on earth would anyone in there right mind trade-in a PS3 or 360 for a Wii U? People that need to save a few inches of space? Everyone should buy a VITA instead of this garbage.

Or people should buy what they want? Why must people feel the need to push their fanboy crap every chance they get?

I'll be taking a pass on this until we get some pre-order promotions. Otherwise I'll just wait until the game line-up is better.

#36 WyldRyce

WyldRyce

Posted 13 September 2012 - 04:14 PM

You sure you actually got the WiiU? I'd go back tomorrow and double check b/c there is a portable Neo Geo coming out and I wonder if the rep put you down for the wrong item.

Thanks for the heads up. I just called them and they just switched it out in their computers, so I'm good to go.

#37 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 04:17 PM

Wondering if the Black one is like a limited edition or something. I heard it comes with some Premium Loyalty Program that gives you 10% back when you buy downloads?

Thats the only way i could see myself going for it, otherwise, I can just wait till Monster Hunter 3 in March. (Or a good promo)
Posted ImagePosted Image

#38 jkam

jkam

Smash It Up

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 04:18 PM

Or people should buy what they want? Why must people feel the need to push their fanboy crap every chance they get?

I'll be taking a pass on this until we get some pre-order promotions. Otherwise I'll just wait until the game line-up is better.

I'm not a fanboy, I'm a longtime Nintendo fan that has reached his breaking point with them. Sorry for the intrusion, Carry on.

jkam2.png

Quitter (My Band)    -    Trade List    -    Join Bing Rewards

#39 predseth

predseth

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 04:19 PM

Both preorders are $25 for PUR members. Gamestop employee said they are getting VERY few systems (after I had already committed to buy). Take that with a grain of salt. Kinda confirms the reports of delays in production.

#40 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 04:20 PM

Both preorders are $25 for PUR members. Gamestop employee said they are getting VERY few systems (after I had already committed to buy). Take that with a grain of salt. Kinda confirms the reports of delays in production.

Hmm...he didnt tell me anything about this and when he scanned my card it stayed at $50. I hope i'm preordered for the right item. To the rest of you who pre-ordered, does it say "wii u" on your receipt?
WTB: Outback Joey ($900 bounty for cart only!)

#41 kramer0731

kramer0731

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 04:21 PM

Both the 299 and 349 versions are live with release day shipping

http://m.gamestop.co.../Product/104794

http://m.gamestop.co.../Product/104795

Use the coupon code SAVER for free shipping

Tax is a b#%} though

I'm holding out for amazon or BB but happy hunting!

The SAVER code isn't working for me - it applies, but I don't get a free shipping option. Anyone else having this issue?
My guide trade list can be found here:

http://www.cheapassg...5&postcount=136

#42 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 13 September 2012 - 04:22 PM

I highly doubt there will be any reason to have a second gamepad controller. They are too expensive such that almost nobody will get a second one, and that means that game developers are not going to have any incentive to put any effort into developing for that feature. There will probably be a handful of early games that support it, and then even Nintendo will abandon it. Which is fine, because those things are expensive. Multiplayer will come from wii remotes/nunchucks, pro controller, etc, combined with one gamepad in some cases.

I want to get a WiiU, but the low end model looks like a mistake, and the high end is more expensive than I was hoping. I think I'm going to have to wait for a price drop. :(

Crunchewy.png

#43 V4Oldboy

V4Oldboy

Vengeance 4 Oldboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 04:23 PM

games up for preorder at $99? Is that a joke? Pikman 3, yeah I'l pay $99 for that.

"You WROTE it, you can't UN-WRITE it!" - Maurice LaMarche

[if you need help funding a PSN gameshare (US) I'm happy to help out fellow CAGs (PM me) as long as you are patient.]

#44 FatBoyInside

FatBoyInside

Money costs too much

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 04:24 PM

http://www.cheapassg...80&postcount=28

Just updated my post above with hardware trade-in offers from GS. $60 to dump the Wii towards a WiiU is decent (if you are a PUR member). However, $100 to sacrifice a PSVita is sacrilege.

My Current Lowball Sale is OPEN.  Lots of sweet deals starting at just $1. Ends 8/25, so hurry! 

animePSP2.jpg

#45 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 04:24 PM

The SAVER code isn't working for me - it applies, but I don't get a free shipping option. Anyone else having this issue?

Doesn't work for me either. I believe it has never worked for preorders.

#46 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 13 September 2012 - 04:25 PM

Trading in a Wii for $60 toward a WiiU makes sense. I know I would do that. No point in keeping the Wii around. But I'd want to transfer our download games first. We don't have a lot of them, but I'd still want them. That might make a WiiU more feasible, though. Saves me about $40 bucks (taking into that I'd have to pay tax on the console). So I guess I'd have to wait for release and not pre-order. Also not sure how that would work. Will they let me buy the console, take it home and transfer, then come back with the Wii and get $60 back?

Crunchewy.png

#47 Youngnoble

Youngnoble

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 04:26 PM

All first party games look to be priced that high.

#48 Thomas96

Thomas96

I am Thomaticus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 04:26 PM

Just reserve it now in case. If you change your mind later, cancel it.

That's a good idea. I thought about doing that... but I don't think I'm going to change my mind on this one.
Posted Image

#49 EeveeFanboy

EeveeFanboy

Likes Eevee too much

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 04:27 PM

Man, too bad I assisted my 360 in having a power surge after it stopped reading discs. Could have dropped that trash onto GS and gotten a cheap WiiU. I really lost respect for Nintendo with the Wii, but it sounds like they really will be stepping up their game with the Wii U.
Posted Image

#50 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 13 September 2012 - 04:29 PM

I like what name GS gives New Super Mario Bros. U: "Super Mario Bros. New U". It's the fitness version. LOL!

http://www.gamestop....wii-u#WiiUGames

Crunchewy.png

#51 TraBuch

TraBuch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 04:30 PM

I'm unbelievably pissed that Bayonetta 2 is a WiiU exclusive.

#52 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 13 September 2012 - 04:30 PM

All first party games look to be priced that high.

Wii U games are $40, $50 or $60 depending on the game, at amazon.

Crunchewy.png

#53 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 04:32 PM

I highly doubt there will be any reason to have a second gamepad controller. They are too expensive such that almost nobody will get a second one, and that means that game developers are not going to have any incentive to put any effort into developing for that feature. There will probably be a handful of early games that support it, and then even Nintendo will abandon it. Which is fine, because those things are expensive. Multiplayer will come from wii remotes/nunchucks, pro controller, etc, combined with one gamepad in some cases.

I want to get a WiiU, but the low end model looks like a mistake, and the high end is more expensive than I was hoping. I think I'm going to have to wait for a price drop. :(

I know how my nephews treat their game hardware and it scares my to think of all the kids out there wrecking one of these and parents having to shell out $100+ for a new one. :shock:
Posted Image

#54 henry00x

henry00x

Chosen One

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 04:32 PM

im going to wait for amazon on this, i dont trust gamestop with this type of preorder they will take a huge amount then not fullfil when its time, on the nintendo preorder page they have amazon listed as one of the retailers so i dont see a reason they wouldnt take preorder, im pretty sure they took preorders for the 3DS
http://www.nintendo.com/wiiu/buynow/

#55 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 04:33 PM

I'm unbelievably pissed that Bayonetta 2 is a WiiU exclusive.

Well considering it is not a launch title who knows what might happen. I assume because it sold better in Japan that is the reason.

#56 Youngnoble

Youngnoble

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 04:34 PM

Wii U games are $40, $50 or $60 depending on the game, at amazon.

Those are the titles not produced by nintendo directly. Even on amazon the first party titles are $99. I hope that trend fails.

#57 pROvIs

pROvIs

Clash With Reality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 04:34 PM

I will probably bite on this to take advantage of the trade in bonus but unless something changes my mind I don't want the system. When is release date?

#58 kamakazi5

kamakazi5

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 04:35 PM

Got mine preordered with NSMBU and ZombieU for $35.

#59 ElektroDragon

ElektroDragon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 04:40 PM

I JUST GOT MY DELUXE PRE-ORDER in GAMESTOP.COM. You guys should do the same before it SELLS OUT! Gamestop is guaranteed to get the most stock, and Amazon doesn't have it for pre-order yet. Unless you guys LIKE waiting for hours in the COLD with no place to pee??

#60 rockykai

rockykai

Let's hope for the best...less than a month...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 04:40 PM

It's not that $300 is completely unreasonable, but as things stand right now I don't see myself getting a Wii U, PS3, or Vita until Black Friday 2014 at the earliest. Dang...

I will still keep an eye on what comes out though.