The Wii U Pre-Order Thread - $349.99/$299.99 - 11/18/12

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8921 replies to this topic

#5971 wohomerhoo

wohomerhoo

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:26 PM

Correction: Kmart owns SEARS. I just blew your mind, didn't I?

Posted Image

#5972 ProppaT

ProppaT

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:32 PM

Correction: Kmart owns SEARS. I just blew your mind, didn't I?

Actually, Sears bought K-Mart, but K-Mart became the controlling power.

#5973 rayfrombk

rayfrombk

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:33 PM

Ok, just placed an order on Kmart.com. They give you an option to be notified by text message when the order is ready for pickup, so I guess this means they will hold it for you?

#5974 tcrash247

tcrash247

ghosts.nin.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:33 PM

I was just able to check my order status by going to the actual Kmart site on the customer service page and inputting my order confirmation number and my e-mail address. I was then able to retroactively make an account and add that order to my order history.

I'm a terrible online shopper, I didn't write down my order confirmation number because I expected an email right away. How wrong I was...

#5975 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:35 PM

Ok, just placed an order on Kmart.com. They give you an option to be notified by text message when the order is ready for pickup, so I guess this means they will hold it for you?

I definitely signed up for that option.

Hoping I wake up to a text Sunday morning.

#5976 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:36 PM

Hey, who's excited for Breaking Dawn II?!? Bah...Not me, the wife is dragging me to it tonight or tomorrow and I won't even enjoy it because I will just be thinking about Sunday?

#5977 tightclaws

tightclaws

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:46 PM

Hey, who's excited for Breaking Dawn II?!? Bah...Not me, the wife is dragging me to it tonight or tomorrow and I won't even enjoy it because I will just be thinking about Sunday?

Just think, you do this for tonight and hopefully she lets you play all day Sunday!
Posted Image

#5978 nbballard

nbballard

glad you didnt say banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:47 PM

Would you have enjoyed it if you weren't thinking about Sunday?
Spoiler

#5979 Sludgepond

Sludgepond

The Trigger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:48 PM

Just got a call from my local Gamestop asking me if I'm planning on picking my Wii U on Sunday because they can only hold it until Monday night because of high demand.
So stoked!!
I of course said yes im picking it up on Sunday! :)

#5980 Esmith08

Esmith08

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:49 PM

I definitely signed up for that option.

Hoping I wake up to a text Sunday morning.

Total says 320.00. How much was your account charged initially, a 1.00?

#5981 PikaZeroX

PikaZeroX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:49 PM

I'm a terrible online shopper, I didn't write down my order confirmation number because I expected an email right away. How wrong I was...

Same boat, I didn't even know I closed my window! My CC was charged an auth dollar, so I guess the order went through. Hopefully they send an e-mail soon.

#5982 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:51 PM

Total says 320.00. How much was your account charged initially, a 1.00?

Order total was $380.61 (Deluxe Set)

Charged to my card so far is $1.00, which was removed shortly afterward.

Apparently my "Shop Your Way Rewards" wasn't tied to my online account though, as I get the message. "You could have earned 3500 points on this
purchase with SHOP YOUR WAY REWARDS℠" above my order. (I've since linked my accounts)

I wonder if I can get those points after purchase.

#5983 defpally

defpally

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:53 PM

Haha, at least you get Sunday to play it. I get to pick ours up and it goes straight into the closet until Christmas with the Skylanders.

#5984 Renaissance 2K

Renaissance 2K

*nom nom nom*

• CAGiversary!

Same boat, I didn't even know I closed my window! My CC was charged an auth dollar, so I guess the order went through. Hopefully they send an e-mail soon.

No confirmation number. No confirmation e-mail. ~$370 charge in my Paypal account, but I'm not satisfied with that. If anything, it means my payment will be tied up for even longer than if I had just paid with credit, keeping me from my legitimate Walmart layaway that I ordered.

#5985 Esmith08

Esmith08

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

The 380.61 wasn't charged right, and you don't expect the account to be charged until you pick up the system, right? Sorry if these are stupid questions, haha.

#5986 rayfrombk

rayfrombk

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

This email confirmation is taking forever lol

#5987 Brodiemegacorp

Brodiemegacorp

CAG Forever!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:02 PM

Hey, I'm showing that Wii U Basic Model Bundle back available at Dell. The one from yesterday.
I don't have a decent sig. yet, so I'll just throw ass down here a few times to help the Google Search cause. Ass, ass ass.... ass... assy... asstastic... cheap assiness... asstacular...

#5988 AdvOfJet

AdvOfJet

Brotherhood of Darkness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:13 PM

Well I broke down and ordered a deluxe model from Kmart for pickup at the store down the street from my house which says it is in stock.

Used a credit card that I have sitting around with nothing on it so it doesn't matter if it get locked up with the charge. Worst case scenario is I just cancel the order after Sunday and wait for the charge to go back if it does get charged. Otherwise I will just pay it off on the card in full before the interest hits next month.

Somehow I doubt this will go smoothly. Especially with the issues I have had in the past with this particular store.
Posted Image

#5989 jakowako

jakowako

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Fuck, I preordered in store as well, and haven't received the email yet!!!!:hot::hot:
did you paid off?? I just put down 20 bucks

No, just put $20.00 down for the reserve. Just got the pickup email early this afternoon.

#5990 loomis1975

loomis1975

Cell Block CAG

• CAGiversary!

You need to tell your wife that if she loves you, she will let you go, and if you come back to her after going a few doors down to watch Skyfall instead, it was meant to be. :)

#5991 defpally

defpally

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:24 PM

You need to tell your wife that if she loves you, she will let you go, and if you come back to her after going a few doors down to watch Skyfall instead, it was meant to be. :)

Or Wreck-It Ralph. Took the kids to that one. It was awesome for an old gamer like me.

#5992 Esmith08

Esmith08

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:26 PM

So, do you guys think this KMart thing is legit or what?

#5993 Rockym

Rockym

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:30 PM

Got an e-mail from Toys R Us confirming that my deluxe is ready for pickup Sunday.:)

Where are you at? I preordered from TRU and haven't gotten an email yet.

#5994 Renaissance 2K

Renaissance 2K

*nom nom nom*

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:34 PM

I'm reading the SlickDeals thread about this same pre-order. In that thread, there were a few people in that thread that posted that they'd received confirmation e-mails - one of them even posted the e-mail itself - but generally, the number of people that placed the orders strongly outnumbers those that actually received confirmations.

#5995 defpally

defpally

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:35 PM

Well ... to be honest, some of the better stores might work out ok, but most of them, like mine, I wouldn't count on it. Their pick up in store is extremely hit or miss, it seems they use some generic codes for things that don't always guarantee you the item you expect. You can always get a refund, but I'd put about even odds on having a Basic system, or maybe even an old Wii waiting for you if they don't have much stock or employees that bother unpacking it. In other words, if that is your only option - sure, but don't pass up a chance to get one at another store and get in line at K-Mart instead.

Even when SHC-Gamer(Josh) was taking care of things I couldn't find things in my store on release day, or an employee willing to look in the back.

#5996 defpally

defpally

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:38 PM

On another note, I confirmed that my Gamestop had mine ready for Sunday. I just hope I can catch the "day before" courtesy recording call. Having the kids overhear that call telling us that our WiiU is ready for pick up would be ... awkward. Especially since it is coming from Santa.

#5997 OrigamiDrill

OrigamiDrill

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:39 PM

Just got off the phone with my local Target. The person I talked to wasn't sure if they were getting systems in, despite the fact that I purchased a pre-order card from them. They've been super confused about the whole thing every time I've spoken with them, which is pretty worrisome. Guess I'll be calling again Saturday and then lining up early Sunday just in case!

#5998 girlracer

girlracer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:47 PM

Anyone order from Best Buy and having it shipped? Whats the status of your order? They already shipped my ZombiU but nothing on the WiiU and Mario. I'm going to be pissed if I have a game and no console.

I preordered day 1.

#5999 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:58 PM

About to hit the five hour mark with no confirmation e-mail.

Starting to think I might be SOL come this Sunday.

*sigh*

#6000 Mako1215

Mako1215

Mr.OneOfWonder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 11:03 PM

Anyone think Best Buy is taking pre-orders still?

First, how can you claim prior non-existance to devalue a movement? I am sure the civil rights movement would love that. "Well, there was no movement to free the slaves before, so why is it relavent now?"

518793.png