The Wii U Pre-Order Thread - $349.99/$299.99 - 11/18/12

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8921 replies to this topic

#6121 tightclaws

tightclaws

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:33 AM

Anyone else get shipping notice from Walmart? I only got notice on Zombie U so far. It's coming Fed Ex shipped today, will have on Tues. even though they said it would not ship until the 25th. I hope my System, and pro controller ship tomorrow.
Posted Image

#6122 tightclaws

tightclaws

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:34 AM

This is my 1st post on CAG, just wanted to say thks to the community. If I didn;t find this site I'm sure I wouldn't have been able to get a Wii U on launch day.

Preordered at WalMart (layaway) and I have been worrying since if they would mess it up, from all the comments on this site.

Tonight stopped in WalMart just for fun. Went to the layaway dept and they showed me my Wii U that had a sticker on it that had my name on it!

I'll bet I'm the oldest gamer, but not the best on this site 57!

My first system was the Atari 2600!

Once again thanks and can't wait for the 18th!!!

Thats great! I thought I was old 48, but you got me.
Posted Image

#6123 coopscohen

coopscohen

All Skill, No Luck

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:36 AM

Im at the movies getting ready to watch Breaking Dawn with the gf and they just showed a Wii U commercial. Pretty damn excited for this release.

#6124 madcatz1999

madcatz1999

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:36 AM

I remember when you could have a couple of 8MB memory cards, and be set for years.

I'm sure they're being more careful with how they're handling SD cards this time around, since that's how the original Wii was most commonly exploited -- games that loaded levels/etc. from SD cards.

PSN = madcatz1999

#6125 nbuubu

nbuubu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:39 AM

Call them at their 800 number

Lady told me estimated delivery 11/18-19. What I figured. Hope it doesn't get delayed, but I'm not sure if I want to just go to Toy's R Us or Target on Sunday morning just so I can play Sunday.

#6126 io

io

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:42 AM

This is my 1st post on CAG, just wanted to say thks to the community. If I didn;t find this site I'm sure I wouldn't have been able to get a Wii U on launch day.

Preordered at WalMart (layaway) and I have been worrying since if they would mess it up, from all the comments on this site.

Tonight stopped in WalMart just for fun. Went to the layaway dept and they showed me my Wii U that had a sticker on it that had my name on it!

I'll bet I'm the oldest gamer, but not the best on this site 57!

My first system was the Atari 2600!

Once again thanks and can't wait for the 18th!!!

Thats great! I thought I was old 48, but you got me.

Hehe - good to know I'm not the oldest here either (tightclaws you have me beat by a few years). It just feels that way a lot of the time ;).

My first system was an Atari but I was still a kid at the time at least.

And I'm super-jealous of the guy who got his Wii U already from Walmart. Though I'm pretty busy right now and wouldn't have time to set it up anyway. Sunday and the following week is probably a better time to sit down and enjoy it. The kids have all next week off so they will be all set.

I'm pretty disappointed no midnight release at GS though. I mean, I haven't called them to check but I'm pretty sure they won't have one. It would have been cool to get it then and have it all set up for the kids on Sunday morning. As it is I probably won't get it till noon Sunday and then set it up that evening. I also need to be sure how the Wii transfer works before I dive into it. If you can really transfer over Wii Points I might have to dump a few more Wii Points cards on to the Wii we never use any more (we have 2 and the original one with the points and VC games is the one we never use but obviously the one I'd want to transfer).

#6127 TimboSliceGB

TimboSliceGB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:43 AM

Lady told me estimated delivery 11/18-19. What I figured. Hope it doesn't get delayed, but I'm not sure if I want to just go to Toy's R Us or Target on Sunday morning just so I can play Sunday.

you wait for year and half for the system and can't wait one extra day till monday lol. You got one coming let someone ele that don't have a preorder have a system

#6128 TrumpetDan

TrumpetDan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:44 AM

I sincerely hope that every one of us that tries, preorder or otherwise, is able to get the Wii U console on launch. Good luck everyone.

Hear hear! I sincerely hope to see mostly success stories come Sunday for everyone wanting to get one. :)

#6129 imri

imri

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:46 AM

Tried my luck at walmart today, have one on layaway. Guy looked at it and said "Oh it's a Wii U, we can't sell those till the 18th. We've got them in the back, but I can't do it." I acted surprised, like oh I thought they were released on the 15th. Worth a shot, I'll probably try again tomorrow at a different time. Maybe i'll get someone less aware :)

#6130 soxxx

soxxx

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:49 AM

Bestbuys will be handing out tickets, for those who didnt preorder.

#6131 TimboSliceGB

TimboSliceGB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:52 AM

every store should do that if they don't it's who can run faster to electronics

#6132 mBucket

mBucket

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:56 AM

I wonder if Target will do that. I have a pre-order reservation card but I don't know what to expect come Sunday morning.

#6133 tightclaws

tightclaws

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:58 AM

Getting really excited now, I have to wait until next week when I get my Walmart.com shipped order. I just can't get to the store so it works out this way. I have a nice start with Zombie, Deluxe 32 unit, Pro controller, Assassins Creed III and Super Mario U from Newegg. With those 12 dollar off pre orders. That should hold me a while. I might go to TRU though and get a few more games on the sale buy two get 30 off. I want NBA 2K13, Epic Mickey 2 Or COD BO 2.
Posted Image

#6134 soxxx

soxxx

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:59 AM

every store should do that if they don't it's who can run faster to electronics

For the Wii they handed out tickets. I was 40 of 84.....It went smooth, but by 8:00 there was 500+ people on line.

Good thing I showed up 14 hours early and not 1 or 2 like a lot of people.

#6135 TimboSliceGB

TimboSliceGB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:01 AM

Getting really excited now, I have to wait until next week when I get my Walmart.com shipped order. I just can't get to the store so it works out this way. I have a nice start with Zombie, Deluxe 32 unit, Pro controller, Assassins Creed III and Super Mario U from Newegg. With those 12 dollar off pre orders. That should hold me a while. I might go to TRU though and get a few more games on the sale buy two get 30 off. I want NBA 2K13, Epic Mickey 2 Or COD BO 2.

AC3 should keep you busy i got it for 360 and has tons of things to do it's such a great game.

#6136 prim4444

prim4444

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:05 AM

That particular sale ends on Saturday. B1G1 40% starts on Sunday for all Wii U games.

#6137 tightclaws

tightclaws

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:10 AM

That particular sale ends on Saturday. B1G1 40% starts on Sunday for all Wii U games.

Bummer not as good, but still not bad. I'm probably not buying anything else for a while anyway gonna be broke after this... might get a game on the Eshop that 3D shooter that can play on the gamepad.
Posted Image

#6138 Tdog987

Tdog987

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:12 AM

When did Newegg do Wii U pre-orders?

#6139 TimboSliceGB

TimboSliceGB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:13 AM

wii u games they did not systems he got his from wallmart

#6140 Paladinion

Paladinion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:15 AM

They did games but not consoles.

#6141 gordojones88

gordojones88

Sith Lord Darth CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:21 AM

For the Wii they handed out tickets. I was 40 of 84.....It went smooth, but by 8:00 there was 500+ people on line.

Good thing I showed up 14 hours early and not 1 or 2 like a lot of people.

Yes, the line fills up really fast after 12 hours before store opening. By 2pm, it's like a flood of people who all thought 10 hours before store opening would be enough. It depends on how badly you want that console.
Posted Image

Posted Image

My problem was this hoarder took all of them including my one copy as I helped her.

#6142 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:30 AM

Are there any good game sales next week for Wii U games? I'm not looking to pick up a whole lot but if there are sales that may change my tune. So far I'm looking into Mario and Scribblenaughts which I already picked up. I wouldn't mind picking up Epic Micky and ZombieU.

Yes, the line fills up really fast after 12 hours before store opening. By 2pm, it's like a flood of people who all thought 10 hours before store opening would be enough. It depends on how badly you want that console.

This really depends on where you live though, I stood in line maybe around 8pm-9pm the night before and all the allotted units weren't called for until maybe around an hour before the store opened.

This time around may be a lot different since more retailers offered pre-orders but if you really want it does pay if you show up early to stand in line. For anybody to cry foul especially this time of the year should really know better. I wish everybody the best of luck though!!!

#6143 Jackovasaurus

Jackovasaurus

And ya say Chi-City

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:32 AM

Same time Amazon did.

#6144 dennisb407

dennisb407

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:33 AM

Talked to the manager of the GS that I frequent often and asked him how many Wii U's he got in...he told me 6 deluxe and no regulars yet.

#6145 urbanstar1

urbanstar1

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:46 AM

Not sure if this is already known but as a heads up guys I have more information on the Deluxe Digital Promotion. If you buy a 59.99 game from the eshop you get 10% back so you get 599 points. For every 500 points you get $5 back. The program won't be launching until December. Owners of the basic set do not qualify for this offer. More information at http://ddp.nintendo.com/

#6146 loomis1975

loomis1975

Cell Block CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:53 AM

Fudge, I was thinking of downloading NSMBU to try it out. I guess I will have to wait till December and try it then on something else. Not waiting that long for Mario.

EDIT: NM, it says the website won't be up and running till December, but it does state that " You will automatically earn points on any digital purchases you make on or after November 18th".

So I might get NSMBU on download on launch day after all. But that B1G1 40 percent off all Wii U games at Toys R Us is mighty tempting on launch day as well.

Edited by loomis1975, 16 November 2012 - 06:00 AM.
Read the details

#6147 K1NG J0RDAN

K1NG J0RDAN

I Am The One Who KNOCKS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:58 AM

I went into my Best Buy yesterday just to ask a few questions about the launch Sunday morning, and the guy pretty much said that if you didn't pre-order one, you aren't getting it Sunday. Hopefully it's a smooth launch up there... That's all I can hope for. Wii U!!!!
Posted Image

Hardcore Gamer :D

#6148 jedi0077

jedi0077

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:02 AM

Thanks to the 57 year old gamer who make this 36 year old gamer feel better about himself tonight lol. With a 3 1/2 year old that already will finish all his dinner to play "Mario time" on a N64 lol Trying to think the last time I bought something like this for myself... Hmmm 2006 Wii lol

#6149 djricekcn

djricekcn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:38 AM

yeah, BB sent me an email to saying SHIPMENT DATE UPDAED and it shows december on that too...balony....fffffff

#6150 mickduff

mickduff

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:40 AM

Hey this 57 year old gamer will be playing with his 19 year old son when he comes home from KU for his Turkey Day break.

I forgot to mention more kudos to this site for getting Zombie U and NSMBU from Newegg with a $12 discount and free shipping.