The Wii U Pre-Order Thread - $349.99/$299.99 - 11/18/12

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8921 replies to this topic

#6241 jbug617

jbug617

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:43 PM

Best Buy sent me an email saying my console (Deluxe) has shipped. I expect it on Monday.

#6242 TheNight

TheNight

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:44 PM

Well, just got this email from TRU:

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for shopping at Toys"R"Us and Babies"R"Us!

We wanted to inform you that we have not yet received inventory on your Wii U Black Deluxe Set Hardwar pre-order which was expected in-store on November 18th, 2012. We will send you a follow-up email once this item is available and ready for pickup.

I wonder if that means that my store hasn't gotten any yet or that they don't have enough for all the preorders. Glad I have a preorder at Target as well.

Just got this email as well and was going to come in here to post it. Hoping this is just standard protocol on preorders and the Wii U systems aren't actually coming in until tomorrow to make sure to avoid any being sold early. Does anyone who works in any stores that are getting the Wii U know if they have come in yet.

#6243 soxxx

soxxx

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Don't know if this has been mentioned yet but Newegg now has the pro controller with a release date of 12/31/2012. This would really suck for all of us that pre-ordered with the $12 off if true.

I just realized that to yesterday, Ill give em till Black Friday to ship it. If not ill just cancel with Newegg.

#6244 ckendal

ckendal

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Dear Valued Guest,

We wanted to inform you that we have not yet received inventory on your Wii U Black Deluxe Set Hardwar pre-order which was expected in-store on November 18th, 2012. We will send you a follow-up email once this item is available and ready for pickup.

I wonder if that means that my store hasn't gotten any yet or that they don't have enough for all the preorders. Glad I have a preorder at Target as well.

I just got the same email from TRU.
[URL="http://www.theretrogamer.net/temp/carls-games.xls"][/URL]

#6245 CronO_O

CronO_O

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:46 PM

Dear Valued Guest,

Got the same thing

#6246 Flame Killa

Flame Killa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:47 PM

Called into Best Buy and got a confirmation that they'll have mine ready. Pretty excited.

#6247 TimboSliceGB

TimboSliceGB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:51 PM

TVii functionality won't be coming to the Wii U until December 2012, Nintendo confirms in a morning press release. The same goes for video on demand services like Netflix and Hulu. That is sad it's one of the bigger things they trying to push with the system and was hoping it would be ready for sunday.

#6248 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:54 PM

Yes, I did. I had the exact amount in my PP, now it is showing as I have zero dollars and the payment sent to KMart is processing. I'd even cancel it if I could, but I don't think they allow that.

Wife would be very pissed if I had to use the credit card to grab one from Wal Mart while I have one processing from KMart, but that's how these things go, and damned if there isn't an easy way to explain this to someone who isn't "in the loop" like we tend to be on here.

Try calling PayPal to see if they can void the transaction, if that's what you wanted. PayPal CS can be pretty helpful at times.

#6249 mrbungler

mrbungler

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:57 PM

Target seems to have Deluxe bundles online again:
http://www.target.co..._1_4&term=wii u
Posted Image

#6250 w00dm4n

w00dm4n

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:57 PM

TVii functionality won't be coming to the Wii U until December 2012, Nintendo confirms in a morning press release. The same goes for video on demand services like Netflix and Hulu. That is sad it's one of the bigger things they trying to push with the system and was hoping it would be ready for sunday.

It's not like December 2012 is far away.
At this point what doesnt have netflix on it?

#6251 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:58 PM

Target seems to have Deluxe bundles online again:
http://www.target.co..._1_4&term=wii u

If I knew for certain my KMart order was falling through I'd jump on this.

#6252 urbanstar1

urbanstar1

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:59 PM

After playing a bit more of Nintendoland it really strikes me as a bit like the Wario Ware Smooth Moves mini game compilation, but it does feel a bit more full fledged then a demo disc; the Metroid attraction is especially fun! Ninja Castle is also enjoyable, oddly enough it felt like duck hunt, in which you have to hold the gamepad length wise and flick throwing stars at ninjas; the game was fun but holding the controller in that position made it feel a bit unwieldy after sometime.

What has surprised me the most is the ping ponging of sound from the television to the gamepad, certain sound effects and musical notes are repeated from one another. This has the effect of bringing cohesiveness to the entire experience by tying the small screen experience to the larger screen.

The system update is not currently available so I don't have access to the eshop or any of the streaming services. Interestingly, it has been reported that those services along with Tvii have been pushed back a month http://kotaku.com/59...ed-for-december but my console came preloaded with all those services already. I have an icon for amazon video on demand, youtube, hulu plus and netflix.

#6253 TimboSliceGB

TimboSliceGB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Presumably this is because the game has some motion control bits, like tilting platforms and such. Though I don't understand why they didn't include motion sensing in the Pro controller too to avoid confusion if nothing else.

yeah seems like they were and are pushing pro controller hard and not being able to use it on mario is a head scratcher

#6254 tcrash247

tcrash247

ghosts.nin.com

• CAGiversary!

Thanks everyone for the information about Kmart, good to know people know what's going on. I detest Kmart so it sucks I have to go there, but if it nets me a WiiU then I'll only hate Kmart a little.

#6255 TheHammerGod

TheHammerGod

Superfly friendly gamer!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:00 PM

Argh, I just got an email that my Toys R Us preorder has been delayed. Damn it all.

#6256 tcrash247

tcrash247

ghosts.nin.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:00 PM

If I knew for certain my KMart order was falling through I'd jump on this.

Ugh, I want to order this so bad, but I'm in the same boat as you.

#6257 TheNeck

TheNeck

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:02 PM

did anybody else notice Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two & Scribblenauts Unlimited are both $49.99?

#6258 mkh

mkh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:02 PM

Oh man. It'd be sweet to have but expensive for me at this point.

#6259 soxxx

soxxx

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:05 PM

Hey my Bestbuy online order with in store pickup still says payment verified.

#6260 CronO_O

CronO_O

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:05 PM

Argh, I just got an email that my Toys R Us preorder has been delayed. Damn it all.

Did it say delay... or they havent gotten in in yet.

#6261 vtswordfish

vtswordfish

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:06 PM

Screw it, I ordered the target bundle, better a sure thing than this kmart sketch.

#6262 therealdeal19

therealdeal19

GIANT ENEMY CRABS!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:06 PM

YES! Finally, I got in on Target.com. :)
You can't beat free shipping + 5% off. Thank you so much!

516078.png
TheHolyPickle.jpg

#6263 TimboSliceGB

TimboSliceGB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:07 PM

[quote name='geotech']Here we go again: Expect Wii U shortages to last months -- analyst
http://news.cnet.com...months-analyst/[/QUOTE

but yet this week a nintendo guy said their will not be shortages like we had with the wii. At this point we have no clue who to think is telling the truth lol.

#6264 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:08 PM

yeah seems like they were and are pushing pro controller hard and not being able to use it on mario is a head scratcher

You can't use the Classic Controller with NSMBW, so it's not entirely surprising.

#6265 eighty6

eighty6

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Screw it, I ordered the target bundle, better a sure thing than this kmart sketch.

Just did the same thing.

#6266 vtswordfish

vtswordfish

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Argh where was the free shipping?! Or was that a target card thing?

And btw I saw people saying they ordered the regular bundle from target.com yesterday and it shipped today out today, hoping these may go out today too.

#6267 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:09 PM

did anybody else notice Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two & Scribblenauts Unlimited are both $49.99?

I dunno about Scribblenauts, but Epic Mickey is $10 below average MSRP on every platform.

#6268 vtswordfish

vtswordfish

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:11 PM

I loved Epic Mickey, will have to get the 2nd one. I keep hearing about this Scribblenauts but have no freakin' clue what it is hah

#6269 Renaissance 2K

Renaissance 2K

*nom nom nom*

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:12 PM

I just spoke to somebody at Kmart Customer Service about my horrible guest account Paypal order with no confirmation e-mail or order number that I made yesterday.

I was shocked when he was actually able to produce an order number with all the valid information, so it looks like the order went through. Whether or not I can pick it up on Sunday, that's another question.

I'm a little frustrated that checking the order online still isn't working, and I still haven't received a confirmation e-mail, even though the CS rep resent it at least once. I guess I just need to hold out until Sunday and see if I get that magical text message. If not, I'm not sure what I'll do.

#6270 TheNeck

TheNeck

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:13 PM

for the target bundle, how are they going to deliver it on Sunday via express shipping, does anybody know?