The Wii U Pre-Order Thread - $349.99/$299.99 - 11/18/12

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8921 replies to this topic

#6301 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:34 PM

Yes, I snagged the bundle from Target, seems like a more legit deal and I wanted the NSMBU too. I'd rather wait a few days on the shipping than wait in line for hours tomorrow night. The Kmart thing seemed like a 30% chance at best, the store I had mine from said they hadn't even received systems yet and that if they did it would be 2-4 at most, if they have 2 or less then they don't even allow online ordering apparently.

And btw anything popular will have flippers, eventually the market evens out. I collect screen-printed posters from Mondo and other places and they sell for 200-300% mark-up a lot of the time, ridiculous, but people pay it.

2 to 4 per store? Well Fuck I should have did the Target order then.

Would have had to cancel my NewEgg pre-order on NSMBU.

Dammit.

#6302 therealdanhill

therealdanhill

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:38 PM

Well, might as well consider my KMart order cancelled as well then. Hope I at least get the money back in a timely fashion. I'll just keep refreshing the target page lol or it's waiting in line at wal mart.

I don't get the decision to not have a GameCube disc reader on the system. Is it just to resell GCN games as eShop downloads later? Is it to keep the cost down? I can't imagine adding GameCube BC would cost a lot of money.

Posted Image

#6303 GRAYFIREFOX

GRAYFIREFOX

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

i don't need a video game system that bad to pay close to 200 more for the thing

Not if you got a kid that is rolling on the floor for a Wii U.

Well, parents..

#6304 Javery

Javery

Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer

• CAGiversary!

That really remindS me that people were paying me 1k for the PS3..

I sold a launch PS3 for $1,200 on eBay. It was awesome.

--- Bella's Arcade --- Donkey Kong + ---

#6305 mastere333

mastere333

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:39 PM

Argh where was the free shipping?! Or was that a target card thing?

And btw I saw people saying they ordered the regular bundle from target.com yesterday and it shipped today out today, hoping these may go out today too.

I ordered a deluxe bundle from target on the 8th and it is still showing as not shipped yet, with an estimated arrival date of 11-18. I have called target.com customer support twice, and both times I was told that they don't know why it says estimated delivery of the 18th because they show it as backordered in the system. They also offered to cancel the order since they have no idea when they will ship. I'm not getting my hopes up on this one.

#6306 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:42 PM

Well, might as well consider my KMart order cancelled as well then. Hope I at least get the money back in a timely fashion. I'll just keep refreshing the target page lol or it's waiting in line at wal mart.

Why're you giving up so easily?

#6307 Rockym

Rockym

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:42 PM

Not if you got a kid that is rolling on the floor for a Wii U.

Well, parents..

A good parent would discipline a kid if they acted like that and not reward them with a new console. I know I would have got my butt kicked by my Mom if I did that because I didn't get something I wanted.

#6308 wiired

wiired

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:43 PM

Argh, I just got an email that my Toys R Us preorder has been delayed. Damn it all.

Was yours for in-store pickup or home delivery? When did you preorder?

#6309 Dr. Feel Good

Dr. Feel Good

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Don't know if it's worth mentioning, but if your Wal-Mart isn't a 24-hour store, I wouldn't assume that they're doing a midnight release. I just called mine (Clay, NY) and they're operating under standard store hours this weekend (contrary to what the internal layaway memo says).

Guess I'll just have to pick up my layaway pre-order Sunday morning and check back here for system reports.

#6310 GRAYFIREFOX

GRAYFIREFOX

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

A good parent would discipline a kid if they acted like that and not reward them with a new console. I know I would have got my butt kicked by my Mom if I did that because I didn't get something I wanted.

Yeah. I cannot agree more.

But there are always some idiot parents.

#6311 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:44 PM

I haven't seen much talk lately about Best Buy in-store pre-orders. Any new news on how they are going to handle it? Hopefully they will set aside the pre-orders at the CS desk like they do the games. We all know sometimes that doesn't even happen.

#6312 Plinko

Plinko

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:48 PM

I haven't seen much talk lately about Best Buy in-store pre-orders. Any new news on how they are going to handle it? Hopefully they will set aside the pre-orders at the CS desk like they do the games. We all know sometimes that doesn't even happen.

I called my Best Buy and they assured me that my name would be put on the system right away and kept in the back. I'll have a week to come pick it up.

#6313 trashtalkhc

trashtalkhc

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:49 PM

Target deluxe bundle seems to be back online, I just placed an order.

#6314 asgaga

asgaga

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:51 PM

just placed a order from target, :)

#6315 waterfront

waterfront

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:56 PM

Don't know if it's in a thread already but Toys R Us is taking 20% off of purchases of $125 or more. Currently includes Wii U preorders, though the text of the offer isn't consistent. (says baby purchases, and excludes preorders) However, I just checked out and it worked. Shipping is also free.

Sorry deal seems dead now perhaps I was the only one to get in...

Edited by waterfront, 16 November 2012 - 06:06 PM.
Deal Dead

#6316 therealdanhill

therealdanhill

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Why're you giving up so easily?

Well, I mean I have already had one order cancelled from them before, even after calling every week to make sure it was fine, just in the past 2 days I've talked to CS like 5 times, I've been posting in their help forum, I've contacted Paypal several times, escalations and everything, there is literally nothing else I can do at this point, beyond taking an employee hostage with a gun to their head making them give me a definitive answer or else they die.

If the order doesn't get cancelled, whatever, then I'll get it from them, but what more can I do, you know? I'm totally at their mercy. Can't cancel the order, can't get any info on if I'll get it or not. Beyond my family and I never shopping there again, and blogging about their terrible business practices, maybe writing an article for the local paper, what more would ya have me do?

I don't get the decision to not have a GameCube disc reader on the system. Is it just to resell GCN games as eShop downloads later? Is it to keep the cost down? I can't imagine adding GameCube BC would cost a lot of money.

Posted Image

#6317 ZildjianKX

ZildjianKX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Wii U Deluxe just shipped from Best Buy!

#6318 wiired

wiired

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:58 PM

Are the target orders shipping out today?

#6319 yokofox33

yokofox33

House Stark

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:58 PM

Don't know if it's in a thread already but Toys R Us is taking 20% off of purchases of $125 or more. Currently includes Wii U preorders, though the text of the offer isn't consistent. (says baby purchases, and excludes preorders) However, I just checked out and it worked. Shipping is also free.

Damn. I already pre-ordered from there. I wonder if I contact CS if they'll apply 20% off to my order.

#6320 tightclaws

tightclaws

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:59 PM

Does not look like the Newegg games are shipping today :(
Posted Image

#6321 vtswordfish

vtswordfish

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:59 PM

Both bundles are in on target, here is the basic:
http://www.target.co...Slot=medium_1_2

#6322 honzoh

honzoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:00 PM

Are the target orders shipping out today?

I received a pending charge from them yesterday. My order was from the 8th. Still says 'not shipped yet.'

The fact that the deluxe edition is now BACK IN STOCK on their website, and that my order hasn't shipped, leaves me little confidence in Target.com.

#6323 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:04 PM

So I applied for a Red Card...are they supposed to e-mail me a card # I can use?

#6324 therealdanhill

therealdanhill

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:05 PM

I can't even find the page to add the system to my cart.

Posted Image

#6325 Mr_Durrp

Mr_Durrp

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:06 PM

I work at Target and we were told we were only getting 5 of each. So that's all the preorder slips we got. Our Wii Us came in yesterday and we have 7 of each. Maybe it's like that for other stores as well. So if you are willing to wait outside for one, you may have a chance incase you missed the preorder

#6326 8bitgamer

8bitgamer

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:07 PM

well I just bought the deluxe , payed for express shipping.

Says expected delivery sunday. Somehow I doubt this, but it was only $30 bucks.

If it doesnt confirm by tommorow, ill prob make the journey to the nintendo store.

#6327 Y2Bogus

Y2Bogus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:09 PM

I work at Target and we were told we were only getting 5 of each. So that's all the preorder slips we got. Our Wii Us came in yesterday and we have 7 of each. Maybe it's like that for other stores as well. So if you are willing to wait outside for one, you may have a chance incase you missed the preorder

Is any of that considered customer service stock for possible defective returns?
Posted Image

#6328 Serpentor

Serpentor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:09 PM

Sorry deal seems dead now perhaps I was the only one to get in...

Sorry, are you talking about games or the console?

#6329 Mr_Durrp

Mr_Durrp

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:10 PM

So I applied for a Red Card...are they supposed to e-mail me a card # I can use?

You should have gotten a scannable barcode on your receipt for the card (Your temporary card). Also, it's possible the temporary card may not let you make a large purchase like that for security reasons. You can try though.

#6330 Rockym

Rockym

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:11 PM

Well thankfully I just got an email from gamestop.com saying my preorder there shipped. That's my most important preorder since its going to my niece in SC for Christmas. Gotta call my brother, so he can intercept the delivery and hide it lol.