The Wii U Pre-Order Thread - $349.99/$299.99 - 11/18/12

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8921 replies to this topic

#6931 Josh5890

Josh5890

For AC New Leaf 3DS- 3110-4025-7228

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:55 AM

You said they only want family friendly games on their systems. Are those considered family friendly?

This. Heck Nintendo is excited about getting Bayonetta 2 as a Wii-U exclusive. I don't see that as family friendly.

#6932 vtswordfish

vtswordfish

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:55 AM

correct. im sorry but the 3rd partys on launch are out on other systems already and hardcore gamer would have them on those systems

Yeah agreed, I won't buy games like Call of Duty for Wii-U until I see that the online is viable enough to play on. Not to mention the community will be quite weak for those offerings on day one since not very many systems are out and people already have the game for 360 or PS3.

#6933 TimboSliceGB

TimboSliceGB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:56 AM

You said they only want family friendly games on their systems. Are those considered family friendly?

ac3 is not bad neither is ng

#6934 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:56 AM

did you play manhunt 2 for ps2 and wii? both were M rated games but at least handfull of videos that had decent info about the killings in the game was cut out on the wii

Outside of minor interface and control differences the game is identical between the Wii, PS2, and PSP.

The game was censored because the original version of the game was rated AO, a rating that no retailer would sell. Once the game was modified and re-rated at M, retailers would then agree to sell it.

#6935 TimboSliceGB

TimboSliceGB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:57 AM

This. Heck Nintendo is excited about getting Bayonetta 2 as a Wii-U exclusive. I don't see that as family friendly.

it's a way for them to try to take away hardcore gamers from 360 and ps3

#6936 TimboSliceGB

TimboSliceGB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:59 AM

Yeah agreed, I won't buy games like Call of Duty for Wii-U until I see that the online is viable enough to play on. Not to mention the community will be quite weak for those offerings on day one since not very many systems are out and people already have the game for 360 or PS3.

that's the thing that kind of makes me sad is that nintendo seems like they think they don't need to take the money and time to make a legit online service like psn or live.

#6937 rckola911

rckola911

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:59 AM

hey guys dont forget to watch Jimmy fallon he has reggie on tonight talking about wii u!

#6938 TimboSliceGB

TimboSliceGB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 06:01 AM

hey guys dont forget to watch Jimmy fallon he has reggie on tonight talking about wii u!

reggie is great you can tell he loves his job

#6939 metsfan1545d

metsfan1545d

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 06:03 AM

why is everyone writing off wii u's online service before anyone even has the console?

#6940 jrr6415sun

jrr6415sun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 06:04 AM

who wouldn't love reggie's job?

why is everyone writing off wii u's online service before anyone even has the console?

because it's nintendo and past experience with nintendo

#6941 rockstarnati

rockstarnati

PlayStation 4 Day One Owners Club

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 06:04 AM

ac3 is not bad neither is ng

Ninja Gaiden 3 is an M rated video game full of blood and gore. There's more blood and gore added to the Wii U version, including bringing back dismemberment. It's not less violent than GTA. I think maybe what you meant earlier is that GTA is more adult than NG, what with the hookers and drugs and the such. But it's ludicrous to claim GTA as more violent or say NG is "not bad." It's certainly not "family-friendly."

PSN: rockstarnati | XBL: rockstarnati

Check out this thread to get an Xbox One or $480 cash/gift card for FREE! This is 100% legit!

The more CAGs who do it, the more CAGs who get free Xbox Ones, cash or gift cards!!!

Here. Have another! FREE Wii U or $350 cash!

But wait, there's moreFREE PS Vita or $300 cash!

And more still! FREE iPad Mini or $430 cash!

#6942 therealdanhill

therealdanhill

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 06:05 AM

I dunno if this has been answered, but my in store pickups of 2 Wii U games at gamestop still show as "open", and says I will receive a call when the items are at the store. Can I trust this? Will they actually take the time to call me on release day, or is my order even going to go through?

I don't get the decision to not have a GameCube disc reader on the system. Is it just to resell GCN games as eShop downloads later? Is it to keep the cost down? I can't imagine adding GameCube BC would cost a lot of money.

Posted Image

#6943 spmahn

spmahn

Posted 17 November 2012 - 06:06 AM

I'm not watching the TV now, but I've always found Reggie to be full of shit.

#6944 chopper731

chopper731

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 06:09 AM

I hope the wiiU has a good online service because some future super marios bros games with online multiplayer would be great but I'm only buying the Wii U for first party (primarily Mario) games. My console exclusive gaming is done on my PS3 and I've shifted most of my gaming back to my PC.

...not that anyone cares...

#6945 pissoffbakaburi

pissoffbakaburi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 06:10 AM

that's the thing that kind of makes me sad is that nintendo seems like they think they don't need to take the money and time to make a legit online service like psn or live.

Nintendo hired dudes who made X-box live to make wii u online so....

#6946 Eggman

Eggman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 06:10 AM

because it's nintendo and past experience with nintendo

What, you mean like how Mario Kart Wii ran flawlessly and the 3DS has fantastic online? Adding friends is super easy and you can even join a friend's game off the friends list.

What you mean to say is you're basing it off your past ignorance.

#6947 TimboSliceGB

TimboSliceGB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 06:11 AM

because nintendo has talked about it plenty lol. NO friends list and many other things. at least they did one thing right take away the numbers and allow people to use names.

#6948 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 06:13 AM

Where did it say no friends list? It said no friends CODES anymore.

#6949 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 06:13 AM

Why are there several pages where this Timbo guy is like 80% of the posts? He's dumb as Fuck and basically belligerent. He also thinks writing shuffle instead of shovel is called a typo.

If anything this thread is helpful for fleshing out my ignore list, I find.

#6950 pissoffbakaburi

pissoffbakaburi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 06:15 AM

Difference is titles like GTA5 are the kind of things that will sell the 3rd party support to people that got fed up with the Wii.

I'm actually fed up with the grand theft series. Not much new...just the same shit with bigger maps and graphics improvements.

Only way I would pick up one is if they did another San Andreas style one.

GTA for PS3 got old ...really quick.

And for people complaining about online ... have you heard of all the PS3 problems ...again...

#6951 mastere333

mastere333

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Target seems to have dropped the ball for online preorders. The system I ordered on November 8th still showed not yet shipped with and estimated delivery date of the 18th with express shipping. However, I was able to order a bundle from them this afternoon and I just got a shipping confirmation and tracking number. I went ahead and canceled the one from the 8th. I'm pretty sure they forgot about the preorders and took those systems and created the bundles. I'm happy I have one on the way, but I wasn't able to get my 5% red card discount on the one that is actually shipping.

#6952 spmahn

spmahn

I dunno man, it's a tough job. I've seen a lot of presentations where Nintendo gives him shit and he has to sell it like it's gold.

#6953 dallow

dallow

Posted 17 November 2012 - 06:17 AM

Target just shipped mine.

#6954 rckola911

rckola911

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 06:20 AM

I dunno man, it's a tough job. I've seen a lot of presentations where Nintendo gives him shit and he has to sell it like it's gold.

Hes the right man for the job def a good talker. that douch geoff keighley tried to talk shit about the wii lacking good games and reggie ripped his ass in two. So i cant wait for the wii u to start performing well. For 2 years we will shine i cant speak for 2014 but this is our time for now 2012-2014 , 2014 is when the new ps4 and 720 come out.

#6955 girlracer

girlracer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 06:21 AM

Would it do any good to call Best Buy if they already shipped my wiiu and zombiu cause my NSMBU is still pending

#6956 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 06:23 AM

Reggie presenting Wii U on Jimmy Fallon right now.

#6957 TimboSliceGB

TimboSliceGB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 06:25 AM

Hes the right man for the job def a good talker. that douch geoff keighley tried to talk shit about the wii lacking good games and reggie ripped his ass in two. So i cant wait for the wii u to start performing well. For 2 years we will shine i cant speak for 2014 but this is our time for now 2012-2014 , 2014 is when the new ps4 and 720 come out.

how will wii u SHINE? every major release people care about will be on all 3 good chance but wii u alraddy don't have couple of the bigger spring release games in bioshock,gta5,tombraider. wii u will have rayman,pikmon but those are not major releases.

#6958 Jackovasaurus

Jackovasaurus

And ya say Chi-City

• CAGiversary!

He already picks up a wiimote & nunchuck without even explaining that you still need them for the Wii u.

#6959 tightclaws

tightclaws

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Would it do any good to call Best Buy if they already shipped my wiiu and zombiu cause my NSMBU is still pending

No what good were you hoping to do? Your Mario will ship on Monday ...
Posted Image

#6960 TimboSliceGB

TimboSliceGB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 06:26 AM

like a boss