The Wii U Pre-Order Thread - $349.99/$299.99 - 11/18/12

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8921 replies to this topic

#7321 AcePuppy

AcePuppy

Yoshi Yoshi!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 10:29 PM

So glad Walmart.com pulled through. Mine is on the FedEx truck with delivery set for Monday. w00t!

#7322 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 10:31 PM

I have a Deluxe Wii U at the Best Buy in Deptford NJ if anyone is interested. Looks like GameStop did pull through for me.

#7323 Bivensra

Bivensra

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 10:31 PM

Not sure where you saw this. There's been 2 walmart ads with the wii u in it. The one for layaway, and the one for black friday. The BF ad just says "Available Nov. 18th" (and that's for the non-layaway ones, presumably), and the layaway ad says "Available for pickup Nov. 18th". You have to pick up your console from layaway, and layaway doesn't open until 9AM, in pretty much every walmart.

Now there was an internal memo. Maybe that's what you're talking about. It had instructions for the stores that wanted to do midnight launches, but it certainly wasn't a requirement.

My WM (Lewis Center OH) is re opening layaway at midnight. Lay aways in one line and remaining consoles on the floor.

#7324 blackwaltz34

blackwaltz34

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 10:33 PM

Can anyone tell me if Best Buy has a line system for reservations or if it's first come? I'm assuming they know who put money down first. When I put in my reservation it was the Sunday of the week they started and the woman just told me they were still available. Just wanting to confirm if I can walk in tomorrow and pick up my console or if I need to stand in line tonight.

probabbly ymmv, but i asked my best buy if i would have any problem if i strolled in on sunday to pick up my pre order and they said no.

he also told me they had about 15 pre orders down. cant remember if he said anything about walk ins or how many of each sku theyre getting though

#7325 leopaw

leopaw

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 10:33 PM

Recieved a personal call from my Gamestop manager, she informed me she will be open @midnight for around 1hr if I am interested in picking up my system. Great manager, bravo for this particular Gamestop!

#7326 SEH

SEH

Paul's sister is an alien

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 10:35 PM

Day before launch and my K-Mart still has no clue what they're doing. Nobody there has any idea how many they're going to have available. It astounds me that in 2012 they seemingly have no way to look up information in their system regarding availability of their merchandise.

Lm9Ooqv.jpg

#7327 SuperSonic128

SuperSonic128

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 10:37 PM

Ha, Walmart layaway manager called to complain at me about picking up the console yesterday. Maybe you should tell your employee's not to sell it then. ; )

#7328 K1NG J0RDAN

K1NG J0RDAN

I Am The One Who KNOCKS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 10:44 PM

My Best Buy IS having a midnight launch tonight!!! 4 hours of Nintendo music is on queue to be played there as well. Looks like I'll be gaming on the 3DS while I wait in line. 35 Consoles, 11 Pre-orders at that store.
Posted Image

Hardcore Gamer :D

#7329 thundarr

thundarr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 10:50 PM

Ha, Walmart layaway manager called to complain at me about picking up the console yesterday. Maybe you should tell your employee's not to sell it then. ; )

Someone may have lost their job......

#7330 AcePuppy

AcePuppy

Yoshi Yoshi!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 10:50 PM

How the Wii, was almost NEVER. http://www.computera...e-story-of-wii/

#7331 coopscohen

coopscohen

All Skill, No Luck

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 10:51 PM

I just called my BB that I placed my pre order at and was told they have yet to receive there shipment and hope to have it this afternoon. Needless to say they will not be having a midnight launch.

Pretty strange considering I was told the exact opposite two days ago. I'll call back later and see if I can get a straight answer.

#7332 heyheyhey11

heyheyhey11

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 10:53 PM

If anyone wants it here in ny, you can get in line in Nintendo store and get it tonight.

#7333 GizmoGC

GizmoGC

I love Cheese

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 10:54 PM

My Target has also not received their shipment of Wii U's. I was told they arrive at midnight.

#7334 AcePuppy

AcePuppy

Yoshi Yoshi!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 10:55 PM

If anyone wants it here in ny, you can get in line in Nintendo store and get it tonight.

Welcome to most of the country going to Gamestops, Walmarts and everywhere else buddy. :)

#7335 Verve

Verve

I got CAG4Lyfe tattooed on my chest!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 10:57 PM

I'd love to take the train down and join in the festivities but I have a preorder to pick up at my local BB. I got the launch details email from Nintendo and contemplated it but I am afraid the inept employees at my local BB would give away my preorder....;)

#7336 Snowball21

Snowball21

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 10:58 PM

Can anyone tell me if Best Buy has a line system for reservations or if it's first come? I'm assuming they know who put money down first. When I put in my reservation it was the Sunday of the week they started and the woman just told me they were still available. Just wanting to confirm if I can walk in tomorrow and pick up my console or if I need to stand in line tonight.

I called my BB last night about store hours for Sunday and the customer services person was pretty rude about it. They told me don't even bother getting in line, that all the consoles were presold. That's when I informed him I had preordered and that shut him up. Still nothing special, 10am opening.

#7337 tcrash247

tcrash247

ghosts.nin.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 11:01 PM

I have a Deluxe Wii U at the Best Buy in Deptford NJ if anyone is interested. Looks like GameStop did pull through for me.

That's where I go, I live 5 minutes away. I would take you up on the offer but I can't cancel my Newegg order.

#7338 Eggman

Eggman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 11:03 PM

Really hoping places have separate lines for preordered vs walk-ins. I'm going to both Walmart tonight and GS tomorrow morning and I better not have to sit in line with the people who just walked in for one.

#7339 pjb16

pjb16

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 11:05 PM

Just ordered one for pick up at my local wal-mart store.

#7340 dragonjud

dragonjud

Got games, but no time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 11:06 PM

I did that for the Wii, but I swore that was my last launch line. It's not all bad, but the Winter releases definitely do not help. Waiting outside for a couple of hours (in 50 degree weather) just isn't worth it.
What made it even less appealing was that I could've shown up at 9:00 in the morning the next day (special opening hours for the launch) and gotten one without ever standing outside.
My kid loves all things Mario, and so I'm getting one. But, in all honesty there isn't a single thing that excites me about the Wii-u. It just feels like Nintendo is once again catching up. The Wii was different, and gimmicky. The Wii-u not so much.

#7341 mkm1998

mkm1998

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 11:07 PM

Link? I don't see a listing online

#7342 coopscohen

coopscohen

All Skill, No Luck

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 11:08 PM

Looks like Target is going to come thru for me which sucks because I'll have to pay cash. Hopefully BB or GS get their act together so I can use credit.

I spoke to the CSR and he said that they have put aside 5 deluxe consoles for pre-orders and they do have an additional 5 that can be purchased once they open tomorrow morning.

#7343 jrr6415sun

jrr6415sun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 11:09 PM

that's the opposite of what other people were saying. by that logic, they should never do midnight releases, but they still do, only with certain titles though. i still think it's probably more of a safety concern.

they do midnight releases for games because anyone can just go to another store and buy one, so there is competition to sell these first.

with the Wii U they can't just go to another store and get one so why should a store bother.

#7344 Aejeck

Aejeck

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 11:09 PM

How?

#7345 steve_dave

steve_dave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 11:10 PM

How?

By making it up

#7346 Aejeck

Aejeck

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 11:12 PM

By making it up

Awesome. Seems more and more likely that I'll be stuck waiting on this stupid Dell order.

#7347 soxxx

soxxx

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 11:13 PM

Yeah the Nintendo World Store is by far the safest bet. The problem though is it is inner Manhatten so for the most part everyone waiting probably lives over an hour away or so. For me to take the train to Manhatten round trip would cost $26 and is about 1 1/2 hours each way.

#7348 LegendK1ll3r

LegendK1ll3r

Posted 17 November 2012 - 11:15 PM

By making it up

He's not making it up. You can pre-order for In-Store Pick-Up right now, though it kind of requires a "glitch" to get it added to your cart. Check SD, as I'm not posting it here.. Walmart cancelled all my orders I tried with it, but some people have had better luck getting it to work.

Posted Image

#7349 usagi

usagi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 11:16 PM

I just called my BB that I placed my pre order at and was told they have yet to receive there shipment and hope to have it this afternoon. Needless to say they will not be having a midnight launch.

Pretty strange considering I was told the exact opposite two days ago. I'll call back later and see if I can get a straight answer.

That's same thing that happened when I called my Best Buy at 6pm. They said to call back at 8pm to see if they will be ready for the midnight release. I'm thinking not because seems a bit late now to get a shipment in.

Any idea if they will have enough for everyone in line and how long is the line right now? I was thinking about going to the Union Square Best Buy as an alternative.

#7350 mythus

mythus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 11:16 PM

Yeah the Nintendo World Store is by far the safest bet. The problem though is it is inner Manhatten so for the most part everyone waiting probably lives over an hour away or so. For me to take the train to Manhatten round trip would cost $26 and is about 1 1/2 hours each way.

would they have one for everyone in line. im thinking about heading to the city at 10pm, and just waiting for the cashier.