The Wii U Pre-Order Thread - $349.99/$299.99 - 11/18/12

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8921 replies to this topic

#7411 Bankotsu

Bankotsu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:33 AM

The transfer app channel is up on the original wii shop channel. It said to save on the system memory.

#7412 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:34 AM

Don't have a preorder?

Nope. I decided to want one this past week.

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

#7413 nbuubu

nbuubu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:36 AM

Cancelled everything I'd preordered with Newegg. They're just way too unreliable with shipping.

I'd ordered Paper Mario Sticker Star for 3DS and they inexplicably downgraded me to "Eggsaver" Shipping, after I'd ordered with 3-Day for free, and it's now over a week after release and the game is nowhere to be found.

Mario U didn't ship on Friday, but Epic Mickey was in process and I was able to void that thankfully.

Just suddenly remembering why I stopped using Newegg years ago. They used to be so quick and had decent customer service. Should have known better.

#7414 vtswordfish

vtswordfish

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:38 AM

I've never had issues with newegg, always quick and reliable, I'd rather save $12 on a game and wait a day or two after launch to get it, no biggie to save some dough.

#7415 thetruth1983

thetruth1983

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:39 AM

Wow, my Walmart just called my cell (5:30 here on the west coast) to ask if i'd be picking up my 2 consoles. They oversold and the manager has been driving all over Oregon to pick up enough for presales.

Wish me luck at midnight, haha. This could get real.

Lol it will be interesting to hear how this turns out.

#7416 InFlames215

InFlames215

DEATH TO FALSE METAL

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:41 AM

Lol ... why would it be a fake review? Honestly guys, when was the last time that a console launch had high quality 3rd party games ... ZombiU probably is crap that none of us will be thinking of a year from now ... let's be real

I saw on a different forum that this review might be fake.

I also saw another post where it was claimed that the official Nintendo magazine gave the game a 92. Who to believe?

#7417 Katsumi

Katsumi

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:43 AM

Going to be heading out in an hour or so for my walmart pre-order. Hoping it's not too packed or filled with wierdo's. Fingers crossed and good luck to everyone :)

Kat_Siggy80.png Katsumica.png

#7418 jacknicklson

jacknicklson

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:45 AM

Why so early for a preorder?
Rolling up at 1130
If its packed I'm going to bed

#7419 nbuubu

nbuubu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

I've never had issues with newegg, always quick and reliable, I'd rather save $12 on a game and wait a day or two after launch to get it, no biggie to save some dough.

Few days is no problem. Downgrading me to "eggsaver" and then taking over a week? Not cool.

Just chatted with Newegg support. She said that "DHL (eggsaver) is used when the item in the package is smaller in size and not worthy of direct UPS or FedEx transportation, and of course it is the cheapest. Usually, it takes 4 to 7 business days for the package to be delivered to you. "

So even though, in good faith, I ordered the game being told that it would take 3 days, it's now going to be over 10, or whenever the USPS drops it off.

This is the third game I've ordered in a row that they've downgraded me from free 3-day to "eggsaver" 7 day without warning, and after they advertised 3-day at the time of ordering.

Cancelled over $400 in preorders with Newegg. Done with them.

#7420 buster90

buster90

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Debating whether or not to camp out. There are four people outside target, with 10 consoles available. The.old lady said she would stay out with me, but damn is it cold out. Do I really want one this bad to stay in the cold for 12 hours?

Ask yourself what else would you be doing for those 12 hours? Get a tent, some warm clothes, portable heater and you are good to go. The 12 hours will fly by.

#7421 djricekcn

djricekcn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:46 AM

I also saw another post where it was claimed that the official Nintendo magazine gave the game a 92. Who to believe?

"official Nintendo" giving good score on games on their own console...hmmmm

#7422 Tiako

Tiako

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:48 AM

Ask yourself what else would you be doing for those 12 hours? Get a tent, some warm clothes, portable heater and you are good to go. The 12 hours will fly by.

Prob not worth it. I think people who really want one will be able to snag one online as long as they keep an eye out.

#7423 thesimplicity

thesimplicity

Bacon McFeast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:49 AM

I just got a call from the Philadelphia FYE saying they got ZERO black consoles in and my pre-order can't be honored. I have no idea what to do. I'm taking a red-eye flight tonight so I don't even have the option of camping out. This is why I pre-ordered! So I wouldn't have to deal with this!

Gah. Guess I'll be driving around to all the local stores hoping to score a deluxe Wii-U at 7PM tomorrow when my flight gets in.

#7424 Katsumi

Katsumi

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:48 AM

Why so early for a preorder?
Rolling up at 1130
If its packed I'm going to bed

It's Walmart.. I rather not take my chances. My sister and I are going together and just going to play DS.. will only have an hour and a half or so to wait.

Kat_Siggy80.png Katsumica.png

#7425 dumlaox

dumlaox

Eat, Work, Game, Sleep

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:51 AM

The only thing that might make it fake for me is the fact that no one else has put up a ZombiU review yet. Could be embargoed until tomorrow so we'll know for sure what the consensus is about that game when the time arrives.

Got mine pre-ordered at Best Buy but the one that has mine isn't doing a midnight opening. It is doing a 10am opening, though, so I'll grab it then before heading in to work and having it download updates and do transfers while I toil away.

What I'm really interested in, though, is what's available on the eShop. I'll be getting New Super Mario Bros. U there (provided I can't get my copy from Old Navy) but I'm interested in what other titles made it up there. I'm curious to see if third-party games are up there so I can figure out whether I should get some of them via disc or digital instead, especially since I set aside a 1.5TB for this console.

14610.png

#7426 Tiako

Tiako

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:51 AM

I just got a call from the Philadelphia FYE saying they got ZERO black consoles in and my pre-order can't be honored. I have no idea what to do. I'm taking a red-eye flight tonight so I don't even have the option of camping out. This is why I pre-ordered! So I wouldn't have to deal with this!

Gah. Guess I'll be driving around to all the local stores hoping to score a deluxe Wii-U at 7PM tomorrow when my flight gets in.

Wow that is BS.. How do you get ZERO deluxes when you pre order before the order went in?

Sounds like walmart just open up pre oders and let them run until Nov 1st with no cut off system.

#7427 TrumpetDan

TrumpetDan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:55 AM

Just got the confirmation texts from Gamestop about an hour ago that my Wii U and NSMBU are at the store and ready to be picked up tomorrow! Now to call them and find out if they are indeed opening a couple hours early like they told me previously...

And they called before I had a chance to. Lol
Looks like my local Gamestop is opening early at 9am, can't wait to pick it up!

#7428 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:57 AM

And they called before I had a chance to. Lol
Looks like my local Gamestop is opening early at 9am, can't wait to pick it up!

Mine said 10 but I dont trust them and showing up at 8am! lol

#7429 thegarageband

thegarageband

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:59 AM

Should I preorder the Pro Controller or just snag one tomorrow?
Dongs.

#7430 eddie291

eddie291

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:01 AM

So, anyone else who didn't preorder like me and taking their chances tomorrow? I remember showing up at a TRU ~1 hour before it opened to pick up a Wii, and was like the 10th person in line. I got one, and they apparently had dozens available. I'm thinking of going to that same TRU tomorrow morning(which is no where near where I live now) and try my luck again.
Posted Image

#7431 token2k6

token2k6

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:03 AM

just to be sure, the Deluxe (Black) model isn't limited or something is it? Possibly thinking about chickening out and taking my chances b/t now and x-mas or even a few weeks after. But if the Deluxes are not going to be common, I may not take that chance, damn the debate raging in my head!
Posted Image

My DVD/BD collection that out rivals my game collection: via DVD Profiler / My CAG tradelist.

#7432 Pheee

Pheee

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:04 AM

So, anyone else who didn't preorder like me and taking their chances tomorrow? I remember showing up at a TRU ~1 hour before it opened to pick up a Wii, and was like the 10th person in line. I got one, and they apparently had dozens available. I'm thinking of going to that same TRU tomorrow morning(which is no where near where I live now) and try my luck again.

I didnt pre-order, but I like my consoles, so now I want one.

Gonna pop out tonight near midnight, and if no luck tomorrow morning.

#7433 dumlaox

dumlaox

Eat, Work, Game, Sleep

• CAGiversary!

Should I preorder the Pro Controller or just snag one tomorrow?

Might be too late to pre-order one of those. My advice is to get to (INSERT STORE HERE) early and hope that you can snag one that day. If this turns out to be a repeat of the original Wii launch, you might not be able to find another controller for weeks after launch otherwise.

14610.png

#7434 InFlames215

InFlames215

DEATH TO FALSE METAL

• CAGiversary!

What I'm really interested in, though, is what's available on the eShop. I'll be getting New Super Mario Bros. U there (provided I can't get my copy from Old Navy) but I'm interested in what other titles made it up there. I'm curious to see if third-party games are up there so I can figure out whether I should get some of them via disc or digital instead, especially since I set aside a 1.5TB for this console.

This should tell you at least which will be on the eShop for sure. There are a bunch on there that say "unknown": wikipedia search "List of Wii U games"

#7435 Kitoro

Kitoro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:08 AM

Question: I will be using the 3x point bonus for my Wii U and games at Best Buy tomorrow morning, but it says that the bonus does not work for purchases paid for with RZ Certificates or Gift Cards...

http://m.bestbuy.com...rz-6510173.html

I will only be using about $200 worth of certificates and gift cards for my transaction, leaving a balance of well over $300 left. Will I not get 3x points on the remaining $300+ I actually pay for if I use anything at all to bring down the price? That seems rather lame, if so.

Thanks!

#7436 dumlaox

dumlaox

Eat, Work, Game, Sleep

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:11 AM

Thanks for that. If this list is right, then that means I'll be snagging a disc copy of Scribblenauts Unlimited and digital for ZombiU (if the reviews turn out to be fairly positive). Still on the fence with Ninja Gaiden 3 since I already have the 360 version but the improvements some of the reviews have been talking about are tempting me. Otherwise, I should be good until next year (not counting eShop only titles).

token2k6: Not sure if the deluxe version will be limited or not but considering that it'll be the version most people are gunning for, I'd say keep you're pre-order if you have one already. Worst case, you'll be holding on to one of the hottest gifts this holiday and can sell it off.

14610.png

#7437 Kaijufan

Kaijufan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:14 AM

Is there any way to change the store pickup person for a preorder? I'm having problems with my leg and I'm supposed to stay off it this weekend so I was going to have someone else pickup my Wii U for me, but I can't find a way to change the person even though I've added them as an authorized pickup person on my account.
Posted Image

#7438 cold_young_thug

cold_young_thug

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:14 AM

Getting my Wii u tonight with no pre-order! I'm fourth in line at my 24hour meijers with 5 deluxe they have in stock! Someone talk to be while I'm in line.Lol

#7439 Ag_SurfR

Ag_SurfR

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:16 AM

plan of attack for tomorrow:

head over to toys r us in the morning, grab nsmbu and scribblenauts unlimited; make a purchase at bby with my little remaining credit; detour to buy a couple of sweaters and maybe some pants, then over to gs for some trade-ins and my wii u 8-)

Auen1.png?7125

#7440 Alucard400

Alucard400

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:18 AM

Getting my Wii u tonight with no pre-order! I'm fourth in line at my 24hour meijers with 5 deluxe they have in stock! Someone talk to be while I'm in line.Lol

Oh man. good luck! you gotta talk to the people inline there. they should be gamers too. you should have been prepared and brought a tablet or a DS/psp to occupy yourself.