The Wii U Pre-Order Thread - $349.99/$299.99 - 11/18/12

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8921 replies to this topic

#7861 rohitman

rohitman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:32 PM

So Target was a breeze with the preorder card. All preorders were set aside and they did ask for a receipt. Other than preorders there was one black and one white. A few people left disappointed but everyone else had preorders. Updating!

#7862 Rockinjs

Rockinjs

Trading Time Out (Under Investigation) Do not trade!

• Trading Timeout - Under Review

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:33 PM

wow how about that just called best buy and got them to hold one for 2 hours for me doesnt get any better
Posted Image

#7863 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:33 PM

My TRU still has several white Wii U's left. They're out of the black ones. I guess the deluxe version is the most popular. Not surprising really. I thought about buying one to flip but decided against it. For one thing the margins are too thin to make it worth it right now (even at $400 for the white one on eBay, after fees + shipping you'll only net maybe 30 bucks) plus someone else probably wants them and I don't really want to be a dick.

#7864 Vendetta

Vendetta

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:35 PM

Got the last Deluxe and last copy of Mario at my TRU (also got Scribblenauts). It took quite a while to update the firmware, and after doing so I fired up Mario and played a few levels. Mario in HD finally is awesome!

#7865 TaylorM06

TaylorM06

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:36 PM

HELP. Is this Nintendo Network ID new? I can't seem to remember if I already have an account for this or not.

#7866 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:36 PM

Just got back from Gamestop, they must have flew through the line of people, because I got there 10 minutes late and it was empty. Either way got my Deluxe and a pretty nifty Scribblenauts hat to match the headphones I already have
Posted ImagePosted Image

#7867 WesWarlord

WesWarlord

I'll Take the Case!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:39 PM

When the Wii came out I camped out for the release at Beat Buy starting at 2. By the time the store opened they had 6 people in line and they had 20 units.

This is the only best buy anywhere close in the area and they were available everywhere right at launch so I'd say seeing them today really has no bearing on holiday demand.

#7868 mythus

mythus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

wow, the update is taking so long. im about an hr in and only 50%

#7869 RedK

RedK

Just checked my store online and it already says on the deluxe "limited stock". Seems alot of people want the deluxe over the basic cause that one still says "in stock". We got in a little over 30 of the deluxe and only like 15 of the basic.

#7870 acer

acer

Got a deluxe at Target. Just walked in and went to the electronics. Didn't have a preorder. They had 3 basic and 2 deluxe left for non-reserved ones.

#7871 Mixer23

Mixer23

I was the Turkey!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:42 PM

Just got back from my Best Buy(who decided to open an hour early for whatever reason), and picked up my pre-ordered Deluxe no problem. I have no idea how many they have/had as I never saw their stock, but one of the employees did remark, "Wow, I had no idea these would be so popular".

The articles I read seem to conjure up these images of Capcom executives sitting in a dark room with a cauldron and cackling about how no one will be able to buy this game used.

Do you really think I could start a fast food restaurant called McDonaldz and use the golden arches as my logo and get away with it?

#7872 Penz11

Penz11

what happened to yesterday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:43 PM

Heads up on the WALMARTS went to my local one in Norwalk CT and was told they have about 30 consoles after the pre-orders but could not tell me how many of each model. I was also told that they dont plan on selling any of the extras until all the pre-orders have been picked up. They are proactively telling people they dont have any just to settle down the crowds. (This is from the electronics manager of my local store after prodding for about 20 mins and not accepting her B.S. answer of not having any) She said just to call throughout the day to see when the last pre-order has been picked up then head down.......No worries though walked into a Best Buy at 930am and got my Deluxe!!!!

#7873 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:52 PM

Just got back from Gamestop, they must have flew through the line of people, because I got there 10 minutes late and it was empty. Either way got my Deluxe and a pretty nifty Scribblenauts hat to match the headphones I already have

I am jealous. I want that hat.

#7874 blinknot4

blinknot4

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:53 PM

How can you say they are in stock everywhere? That is obviously YMMV. I love how people say "went into target and found one" like it isn't a YMMV situation.

I know right. Plus it's been out for like 2 hours.

Dill The Noise.

471350.png champloo4.png

#7875 vtswordfish

vtswordfish

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:55 PM

The lines weren't bad around the area here, the walmart I got mine at was already sold out(lucked up and got mine via walmart.com so it was waiting on me this morning) but it sounds like other stores here had them at opening this morning.

I expect as it gets closer and closer to Christmas that these will be harder to come by, the marketing wasn't that big for it, I think I've only seen 2 Wii U commercials on TV. Once the kiddies see them in stores and play some demos they'll want em'. Seems like I've heard more bitching from flippers than anything (not on here, just on other forums).

Waiting on that damn system update to finish now so I can play.

#7876 thegarageband

thegarageband

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:57 PM

Best Buy is taking everything BUT consoles for store pick up today. I was gonna hit up Target/Toys R U but just gonna go in and price match NSMB U, ZombiU, CAWADOODIE and Batman with the Target deal. Also got a Pro Controller for pick up.
Dongs.

#7877 Mhaikelmendoza

Mhaikelmendoza

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:01 PM

I'm picking up my deluxe model in a little bit from gamestop and I bought zombie u and nsmb games. The question is do I just gift wrap this for Xmas right away for my gf? Or give it to her today haha

#7878 Havok83

Havok83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:06 PM

Just came from BB and it seems to be a pretty quiet launch for this thnig. I remember when the Wii came out, the lines for the thing was outside the store and they had alot of extra employees around just to deal with that. I went to the store a few minutes after opening and there wasnt many people in the store and I only saw one person who purchased 2 deluxe versions. My BB didnt even have a section for it in the gaming department as all the system, games and accesories were on a table up at the front.
Posted Image

#7879 jjgator

jjgator

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:07 PM

Processing
Your order is being processed. It will arrive on Tuesday, 11/20/2012

Walmart.com sucks. I ordered this thing all the way back on September 16th, it should have shipped by now.

#7880 metsfan1545d

metsfan1545d

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:07 PM

i need to buy that cradle for the gamepad

#7881 Davivascaino

Davivascaino

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:11 PM

The 20% off at toys r us works with the pro controller, just got one!!!!

#7882 DigitalFirefly

DigitalFirefly

All digital, all the time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:16 PM

The Target off Airport Rd in Allentown, PA had a couple Basic Wii Us as of about 10:45am today. I wanted the Deluxe so I passed on it. They're at the guest services desk.

#7883 damnfool88

damnfool88

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:18 PM

Kmart here in Buffalo only had 2. It was just me and 1 other person waiting at the door, so it work out good. But people kept calling while we were cashing out asking if they had any. Walmart sold out quick last night at midnight and so did best buy here

#7884 b3b0p

b3b0p

Where's r0ckst34dy?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:19 PM

Well, it's available at all my local walmarts, deluxe and regular. Online and in-store. Not going to buy or get one. I can wait. I don't want to spend the money.

I would still like a Wii though. I Have lots of Wii games.

#7885 Flay

Flay

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:20 PM

I did not preorder. Walked into Target in a busy section of Phoenix this morning at 9 A.M. and bought a Deluxe. They had about 3 or 4 left as well.

That was really easy.

#7886 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:21 PM

Well, it's available at all my local walmarts, deluxe and regular. Online and in-store. Not going to buy or get one. I can wait. I don't want to spend the money.

I would still like a Wii though. I Have lots of Wii games.

Where is the in-store pickup option on Walmart.com so that I can check the inventory at my local store?

Because yes my Walmart had some thing morning but they were being held for those that preordered.

#7887 TaylorM06

TaylorM06

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:21 PM

I can't seem to access my $20 I have on my 3DS Shop on my Wii U Shop. I thought this was transferable?

#7888 klingon666

klingon666

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:26 PM

Best buy in Rockford ill has four black wii u still and 8 white ones time is 10:27 AM

#7889 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:27 PM

People forget that the store does not have to tell you exactly how many they have.
Unless you know the stock person in the back, you don't know. Local Target stores were holding units for reservations (I know because I know more than a few people who work stock and Electronics at local Targets).

The store where I got mine this morning was holding units for reservations. Yes, they sold through their inventory (about 80 deluxes), but they were still holding reservations. Now...how long were they going to sit on those? I don't know.

Where do you live? 80 Deluxes? I would be willing to bet that is more deluxe units then the small metropolitan area I live in got... all retailers combined. You must have one of those new super mega exaggeration Target's.

#7890 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:27 PM

Ugh, this stupid update is taking forever. Was hoping to atleast be able to sign-up for Nintendo Network and Link to Club Nintendo before I had to leave
Posted ImagePosted Image