The Wii U Pre-Order Thread - $349.99/$299.99 - 11/18/12

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8921 replies to this topic

#8401 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:03 PM

My plain original "non motion plus" remotes are working just fine with my Wii U! Bonus!

Did you think they wouldn't?

#8402 Mikeatris

Mikeatris

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:04 PM

I bought that $10 invisishell by rocketfish for the gamepad. It's worth it. Even has its own nice little stand built in.

I just bought it myself also plus I had a $5.00 reward coupon from BB so I came out to be $5.29. Had a $5.00 coupon from GS so I just bought the screen protectors from there. I just picked my Wii up today since I work right around the block from where I pre-ordered the system at.

#8403 rayfrombk

rayfrombk

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:06 PM

Newegg has shipped the bundle this morning. Updated tracking available by tonight. The website still does not show where it is shipping from. Hopefully they're shipping from NJ (for me).

#8404 tcbys

tcbys

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:08 PM

Has anyone got their pre order from gamestop.com yet?

#8405 azngtlman

azngtlman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:08 PM

Thank you mods for cleaning up the thread. Especially that QQ guy's post. Welcome to 2006, Mr. "QQ". :roll:

Got my system yesterday at Target, but didn't know if I wanted to open it (YES I DID!) or wait (NO I DID NOT!) .. totally forgot I'd have to wait 48 hours to download a damn update, or else I would have set it to download overnight. Why don't things just work out of the box anymore? I mean I know I could just play without the update, but this is more of a general statement than one towards the Wii U.

We were able to play Nintendoland straight out of the box as I just canceled the update when it prompted me for it. I was able to start it again later on after my daughter fell asleep last night. The update probably took only 20 minutes for me.

Yes, I ordered the basic bundle. The shipping info updated today and it now says it will be delivered on Tuesday.

The basic bundle that I ordered on Thursday is now set for delivery today.

#8406 FaintDeftone

FaintDeftone

Zelda Fanatic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:24 PM

I was going to do a Wii system transfer until I found out it deletes all of the data off of your Wii in the process. That kinda ruined that feature for me.

#8407 usagi

usagi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:44 PM

Just dropped by Time Square to find a Wii U Deluxe. There's a pile of about 50 Wii U Basic editions in the middle of the game section at Time Square Toys R Us and I guess 30 Wii U Basic edition at the Nintendo World store as of 2pm 11/19/2012. The Nintendo World cashier said they get restock of Wii U Deluxe every day and you should go before lunch time if you want one.

#8408 perfectsil

perfectsil

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:46 PM

I was going to do a Wii system transfer until I found out it deletes all of the data off of your Wii in the process. That kinda ruined that feature for me.

is there any way to just copy some save data from Wii to Wii U? I don't want to delete anything on the Wii.

#8409 soonersfan60

soonersfan60

Longing for retro CAG...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:48 PM

Would it work to preserve the data if you save to SD card first on your Wii, and then transfer?

#8410 psunami

psunami

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:58 PM

I guess I am wondering how you would leave data on your Wii and then transfer it to the Wii U. It's not like they would let you have all of the games that you purchased on both systems.

#8411 jacknicklson

jacknicklson

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:04 PM

I guess I am wondering how you would leave data on your Wii and then transfer it to the Wii U. It's not like they would let you have all of the games that you purchased on both systems.

This would make too much sense. They could easily link the data to your Nintendo ID
Posted Image

#8412 Nico8912

Nico8912

Claptrap's Minion

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:05 PM

Has anyone got their pre order from gamestop.com yet?

Mine has been out for delivery all day, should be here within the next 2 hours.

#8413 JoeZiggadigga

JoeZiggadigga

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:13 PM

So I've seen mention that the Target and Walmart stock trackers are not to be trusted. Anyone know if the Best Buy site is accurate? It is only showing one store in my area (well, 30 miles one way) with the deluxe in stock and no one wants to answer the phone....

#8414 TURDGAMER

TURDGAMER

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Mine has been out for delivery all day, should be here within the next 2 hours.

Mine should be here soon too from gamestop. It has been out for delivery all day and UPS gets to my home between 6 and 8 depending on how full the truck is that day.

#8415 mpaullin

mpaullin

Sarcasm Font Enthusiast

• CAGiversary!

Would it work to preserve the data if you save to SD card first on your Wii, and then transfer?

Haven't tried this, but I don't think this would work. I think what you are actually transferring is what system your games are linked to. So after doing the transfer, it thinks that your original Wii was never used to buy games, so any games on your sd card can't be played anymore, just like if you tried to stick the SD card in a friends Wii (sounds dirty).

#8416 Bivensra

Bivensra

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:14 PM

sending this message from wii u gamepad. thank you nintendo. good luck to all on getting system and set up.
"GO YANKEES"

#8417 mpaullin

mpaullin

Sarcasm Font Enthusiast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:16 PM

This would make too much sense. They could easily link the data to your Nintendo ID

Totally agree. I did the system transfer and my old Wii is basically a glorified Gamecube for me now. All my saves and VC games are gone, so I'm not likely to play any Wii games on it in the future.

#8418 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:16 PM

So, I camped out at Target Saturday night (almost froze my balls off in the process) and got a deluxe... and I still have yet to even open the box. I am ashamed..

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

#8419 rayfrombk

rayfrombk

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:18 PM

So, I camped out at Target Saturday night (almost froze my balls off in the process) and got a deluxe... and I still have yet to even open the box. I am ashamed..

I'm with you brother. I got my hands on one at 8am yesterday, and I'm still staring at the box.

#8420 lpj8

lpj8

Backlogged

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:19 PM

My best buy business order that I placed yesterday just shipped. I am surprised it actually seems to have gone through.

#8421 therealdeal19

therealdeal19

GIANT ENEMY CRABS!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:19 PM

Totally agree. I did the system transfer and my old Wii is basically a glorified Gamecube for me now. All my saves and VC games are gone, so I'm not likely to play any Wii games on it in the future.

Yup, the only reason I am keeping my old Wii is for the Gamecube compatibility. Other than that, I would've sold it months ago in preparation for the Wii U.

516078.png
TheHolyPickle.jpg

#8422 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:20 PM

I'm with you brother. I got my hands on one at 8am yesterday, and I'm still staring at the box.

I have two kids, and between the older one and the baby's toys, pack and play, play pen, seat, etc etc, I have to do some major cleaning in the living room before I can even think about playing it.... and I'm just feeling too damn lazy to clean. :lol:

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

#8423 Bankotsu

Bankotsu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:22 PM

Anyone order the Wii precision screen filter from Amazon? Ordered it last night. It hasn't shipped yet and now Amazon lists it as temporarily out of order. Wonder if Hori even released it yet.

#8424 McFryyyyyy

McFryyyyyy

Mogwai Fear Satan!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:30 PM

So I've seen mention that the Target and Walmart stock trackers are not to be trusted. Anyone know if the Best Buy site is accurate? It is only showing one store in my area (well, 30 miles one way) with the deluxe in stock and no one wants to answer the phone....

Where is the Best Buy tracker I can't find it on their website.

Found an original at Best Buy but can't pull the trigger when the Deluxe is so much better and I am cheap :/

Kamagii.png

#8425 autche

autche

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:31 PM

Anyone order the Wii precision screen filter from Amazon? Ordered it last night. It hasn't shipped yet and now Amazon lists it as temporarily out of order. Wonder if Hori even released it yet.

I ordered it on the 17th; it hasn't shipped yet though

#8426 Darwin23

Darwin23

I need more cowbell

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:34 PM

So these things arent as rare as we thought they going to be. After my target in corbin ave. northridge, ca didnt hold one for me(i have a reservation card), i was able to buy a deluxe at best buy a block away. ..also still staring at the box.
Posted Image

#8427 rayfrombk

rayfrombk

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:36 PM

I have two kids, and between the older one and the baby's toys, pack and play, play pen, seat, etc etc, I have to do some major cleaning in the living room before I can even think about playing it.... and I'm just feeling too damn lazy to clean. :lol:

I have a niece who comes every weekend and it gets messy here too. I haven't cleaned up either. Also I was just unplugged my Wii and it is a big pain in the pass. The damn power brick plug is out of reach damn it lol.

#8428 rayfrombk

rayfrombk

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:38 PM

So these things arent as rare as we thought they going to be. After my target in corbin ave. northridge, ca didnt hold one for me(i have a reservation card), i was able to buy a deluxe at best buy a block away. ..also still staring at the box.

Unless you live in NY, NJ or CT where you can get to the Nintendo World store pretty easily, I think these things will become more and more difficult to find in about a month.

#8429 Fuzzy Man Peach

Fuzzy Man Peach

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:39 PM

Newegg is being strange. Whenever I look at my order on the website, it says it's still in the "Packaging" stage. However, I got an email that came with not only a tracking number, but also the following: Shipping Time: 11/19/2012 11:04:15 AM. If I try to look up the tracking number it says there isn't any information at this time, which I suppose is understandable if it really did ship within the last several hours.

#8430 Marauder7

Marauder7

FF14 Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:39 PM

I'm also waiting on the Target/UPS thing. I'm just hoping UPS is being lazy with the updating. It wouldn't be the first time.

They've got till Wednesday before I start complaining.

Normally with my other orders it takes a few hours for UPS to update their site. Guess it takes time between the loading dock to processing center.

How accurate is Walmart.com's inventory tracker. According to my zip code, 10 area stores have both units in stock?

Walmart inventory is updated around 8AM but I'm guess it's including items that's in layaway. Someone mentioned earlier that the Deluxe/Basic qty was off when they try to pickup a deluxe.
Posted ImagePosted Image