The Wii U Pre-Order Thread - $349.99/$299.99 - 11/18/12

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8921 replies to this topic

#8611 justinTlME

justinTlME

Mean CAGs P*** me off!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:26 PM

I got done at school and drove over to the closest Best Buy walked out with the deluxe Wii-U!! Score! Can't wait to get home. :)

:360: Disney Infinity :xb1: Titanfall
:ps3: None :ps4: Last of Us: Remastered
:wii: DKC: Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8, Super Mario 3D World :3ds: Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Zelda: Link Between Worlds, Tomodachi Life
:psp: Dragons Crown

#8612 TheNeck

TheNeck

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:26 PM

Took advantage of the B1G1 40% off at TRU with two of the Flingsmash/Wii MotionPlus bundles. $43.07 after tax. Great idea for anyone needing extra Wii MotionPlus remotes!

i know about the flingsmash bundle, what is the other bundle you are talking about?

sorry never mind, you meant you got 2 of the flingsmash bundle.

#8613 justinTlME

justinTlME

Mean CAGs P*** me off!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:29 PM

Do not unplug or turn it off during firmware update!

Yeah that's what I've heard….I'm probably going to get home plug it all in...let the firmware update start downloading and then leave and go to Toys "R" Us to get the buy one get one 40% off deal.... when I get home it'll probably be done

:wii: DKC: Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8, Super Mario 3D World :3ds: Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Zelda: Link Between Worlds, Tomodachi Life

#8614 justinTlME

justinTlME

Mean CAGs P*** me off!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:31 PM

Does the system auto shut off sensor come into play while the firmware is updating? I don't want to leave it alone and downloading and then get back home from Toys "R" Us and find it turned off because of the auto shut off

#8615 Bankotsu

Bankotsu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:32 PM

If anyone in the DFW area is looking for the Wii U, I saw some at Target in Mansfield off of 287. Saw maybe 2-3 Deluxe sets and didn't count how many basic.

#8616 Yars

Yars

I'd buy that for a dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:36 PM

Does the system auto shut off sensor come into play while the firmware is updating? I don't want to leave it alone and downloading and then get back home from Toys "R" Us and find it turned off because of the auto shut off

I think it pops up a message while updating telling you that the auto shut off feature is temporarily disabled.

#8617 McFryyyyyy

McFryyyyyy

Mogwai Fear Satan!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:38 PM

If you have a Best Buy store near you, they will price match.

Do we need an actual add to get the games or is it fine with just image from the net.

Kamagii.png

#8618 Mikeatris

Mikeatris

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:58 PM

Quick question can someone tell me how is the online aspect of the Wii yet? I am more of a multiplayer person and I do not have a game yet and I was looking at getting a game in which I could play someone online. I would hate Madden since I have it on the 360 or K13 also. I was looking at the Fifa but I heard something about it uses the Fifa 12 engine or something, plus the bugs in 13 I heard also were out of control. I don't know what game I want to get but if anyone who has played an online game on it yet how does it run, is it smooth, does it lag, etc.

#8619 rocko34

rocko34

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 10:01 PM

I walked into Sams Club today just to look and they randomly had five or six of the black deluxe. I was stunned, I expected not find them after the holidays and wasnt even looking for one for awhile. Plus sams club is a little bit cheaper than the other stores on theirr games and system. I could see 5-6 in the cage in the front and I think i heard one of the manager saying they had a stack of them in the back. Looks like they wont be as hard to find as the original wii was.

#8620 anthonyd46

anthonyd46

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 10:02 PM

My Target order is in limbo. I have no idea what is going on with Target or UPS. I've never had this problem before with UPS. Today, I finally had an update on my tracking and all it says is "1 business day" left. Nothing else has really update and to be honest it is essentially the same status as it was on Nov. 16.

Now it says the following for the status updates:

United States 11/16/2012 2:18 A.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

WTF.

Same here except its walmart.com and fedex said it was supposed to be delivered yesterday but no movement on tracking

#8621 Edzo04

Edzo04

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 10:05 PM

Quick question can someone tell me how is the online aspect of the Wii yet? I am more of a multiplayer person and I do not have a game yet and I was looking at getting a game in which I could play someone online. I would hate Madden since I have it on the 360 or K13 also. I was looking at the Fifa but I heard something about it uses the Fifa 12 engine or something, plus the bugs in 13 I heard also were out of control. I don't know what game I want to get but if anyone who has played an online game on it yet how does it run, is it smooth, does it lag, etc.

never purchase a nintendo system for online functionality.

#8622 ytsejames

ytsejames

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 10:11 PM

I just saw a guy restocking the deluxe model at Target by Northtown, MN. Said they got 6 of them.

#8623 NoMeDigas

NoMeDigas

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 10:17 PM

Okay,awesome deal.
Swung by best buy today to pick up my second deluxe preorder. Not a flipper was for fiancees parents. Stupid ass best buy sold it to a dot com order.

Of course I got pissed. No where else in town has them. The manager helping me ended up selling me the last basic model for $150. Was hard to stay pissed with a deal like that.

How does this even happen? I preordered mine from BestBuy.com and they were in an entirely different section of the store. Mine had my name right on the box and required my credit card to checkout (e.g. like every other BestBuy.com in-store pickup I've ever done).

It makes me mad that some of these managers aren't honoring their preorders.

#8624 kklems

kklems

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 10:31 PM

Walked into Target to get some milk, bread and eggs. Walked out $350 poorer. They still had 2 deluxe and 6 basic left.

#8625 speedracer

speedracer

Posted 20 November 2012 - 10:36 PM

Walked into Target to get some milk, bread and eggs. Walked out $350 poorer. They still had 2 deluxe and 6 basic left.

But they don't put the video games in the grocery aisles...?

I get the stink eye from my wife every time I veer towards "that section".

"But I just want to check if they have..."
Posted Image

#8626 iTz Spooky

iTz Spooky

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 10:37 PM

Almost all of my local targets except 1 have wii u's instock.

#8627 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

He wears a disguise to look like human guys.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 10:56 PM

The online is great so far. I can't really comment on the multiplayer of any games because that's not my thing, but there is a thriving online community, which is pretty neat. XBL and PSN simply don't compare to this in my opinion. With Miiverse, you have access to an actual community of people discussing, arranging multiplayer games, and sharing tips, drawings, and screenshots. I just love that when you open Miiverse, it takes a screenshot of whatever game you are playing at the time (hopefully they will expand upon this in the near future). Obviously, you could just go to a forum, but it's still really awesome having this built in because it's so convenient. And the way it's integrated into the Plaza is neat as well.

But like I said, I don't know yet how the actual multiplayer works. I don't know if you have to already be friends with someone or if there is matchmaking or if it's different from game to game. Hopefully someone can answer that for you.

Give her the stink eye for shopping at a store with expensive grocery prices. (That's how it is here anyway. Their damn milk is something like $3.65 per gallon.)

#8628 NoMeDigas

NoMeDigas

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 10:57 PM

I learned long ago not to preorder anything at the BBY's in my area. A friend of mine preordered the limited edition of a game last year and when he went to pick it up they had sold all the copies. When he told an employee that he had preordered, he was told that preordering doesn't guarantee you a copy and that you still have to go the second they open if you want your stuff. :bomb:

Wow. Now I'm really thankful for the Best Buy stores in my area. I've never had an issue with an in-store pickup, pre-order or not. They've always been absolutely solid.

#8629 waldo21212

waldo21212

Posted 20 November 2012 - 10:58 PM

But they do have Doritos and Mt. Dew with the BLOPS 2 copies on an end cap in the electronics section. Just tell her you need the special "gaming" Mt Dew or chips.

Also, I just stopped by my local Target and they had 6-8 Wii U's, 3-4 of each kind.

#8630 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 20 November 2012 - 11:08 PM

Wow. Now I'm really thankful for the Best Buy stores in my area. I've never had an issue with an in-store pickup, pre-order or not. They've always been absolutely solid.

I would believe it, since my BB also sucks at Preorders.

1st time:

Went to the Customer Service desk like I was told, took 10 minutes for someone to give me service, waited half an hour for them to get me a copy of Borderlands 2... ended up going to the gaming section and got them to quickly do it.

2nd time:

Went to the gaming section to get Playstation All-Stars, but the guy couldn't find it. Half an hour later, they finally find 17 copies of the game and sold it to me, though this was after I bitched out a manager and her going after the game...

Needless to say, it shouldn't take half an hour to get a preorder game.

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#8631 mabuhay13

mabuhay13

Posted 20 November 2012 - 11:27 PM

Do we need an actual add to get the games or is it fine with just image from the net.

They just looked it up online for me.

#8632 Rassilon

Rassilon

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 11:43 PM

Thanks to all that said they scored one from Target today. Walked over to the Target near my office and they had 1 more deluxe in stock. 350$ later I now have a WiiU. Thanks Folks!

#8633 rschauby

rschauby

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 11:59 PM

My Walmart.com Deluxe Edition Wii U was delivered today. I paid for the "rush" shipping which cost me an extra ~$18. Now the challenge of leaving it hidden in the closet until Christmas begins....

#8634 Finishoff

Finishoff

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:07 AM

My local Target just got shipment of additional Wii U. Picked up a Deluxe version.

#8635 Gareee

Gareee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:10 AM

My Walmart.com Deluxe Edition Wii U was delivered today. I paid for the "rush" shipping which cost me an extra ~$18. Now the challenge of leaving it hidden in the closet until Christmas begins....

It might make sense to open it early, and do the updates. If they get swamped liek the launch, you could be looking at a few hours before you can actually play with it.

The gamepad also needs to be charged once you unbox it.

I'd wait till a week before, and do the update then.. they will probably release several updates by then.

#8636 Kezmer

Kezmer

Disgruntled Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:16 AM

All the walmarts around St. Louis show in stock. Might want to check it out if you want one
122445.png

#8637 Rockym

Rockym

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:27 AM

It might make sense to open it early, and do the updates. If they get swamped liek the launch, you could be looking at a few hours before you can actually play with it.

The gamepad also needs to be charged once you unbox it.

I'd wait till a week before, and do the update then.. they will probably release several updates by then.

Actually, you don't need to charge the gamepad when you unbox it. You can just play with it plugged in with the AC adapter.

#8638 ShadowAssassin

ShadowAssassin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:50 AM

I got a call today from my Gamestop saying that I'm at the top of the wait list and I will be able to pick up my Wii U tomorrow most likely because they are getting more in. The only thing is, I already picked up my Wii U that I pre-ordered so I have no idea why I was on any wait list in the first place.

Anyway, the point is Gamestops might be getting more in within the next couple days if this person was right.

#8639 Gareee

Gareee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:51 AM

Yeah, but lets face it... who wants to be wired for the first few hours? especially on Christmas morning, where everyone wants to make thier own profile, and Mii. (And be sure to select the "use a picture" option for that, so it used the gamepad's camera!)

#8640 Kazeno Katana

Kazeno Katana

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:54 AM

Went into Gamestop earlier to pick up Playstation All-Stars and saw a Basic&Deluxe version on the shelf clerk said they were waiting list orders. Now they just called to tell me my waiting list order is ready for an 8GB if I want it. Said I would pick it up tomorrow and I figured I would sleep on it.