The Wii U Pre-Order Thread - $349.99/$299.99 - 11/18/12

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8921 replies to this topic

#841 riotheart

riotheart

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 05:35 AM

Well I had a busy day at work so wasn't able to get online and headed to GS after work to preorder a deluxe and was told that they stopped taking preorders for the deluxe hours before I got there. I don't need one for launch, just by Christmas for my kids. I have AMazon cedit so I wish they would work out whatever issue it is they are having with Nintendo. Whats the deal with Best Buy preorders? How much do you have to put down?

$5 at best buy

#842 ZeroFlame15

ZeroFlame15

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 05:39 AM

So if Gamestop ran out of the deluxe model, is it likely that people who dont preorder will not be able to get the deluxe model (At least for getting one around launch)?

#843 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 05:39 AM

Well I had a busy day at work so wasn't able to get online and headed to GS after work to preorder a deluxe and was told that they stopped taking preorders for the deluxe hours before I got there. I don't need one for launch, just by Christmas for my kids. I have AMazon cedit so I wish they would work out whatever issue it is they are having with Nintendo. Whats the deal with Best Buy preorders? How much do you have to put down?

Best Buy is probably your best bet (no pun intended), with TRU after that. You could try KMart or Sears, but those seem to be a crap shoot for game pre-orders, let alone consoles. One interesting option that nobody seems to be talking about is Play-Asia. I may be wrong but from what I can tell on their website (link is in the OP of this thread), they aren't requiring any sort of cash hold on accounts. It lists "N/A" as the price for Wii U North American consoles. Not sure if they ensure release shipping though.
WTB: Outback Joey ($900 bounty for cart only!)

#844 Serious McMopy

Serious McMopy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 05:43 AM

$5 at best buy

For the record, I think he might have been asking in regards their website.

#845 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 05:44 AM

So if Gamestop ran out of the deluxe model, is it likely that people who dont preorder will not be able to get the deluxe model (At least for getting one around launch)?

Early reports (that Nintendo failed to address) were that Nintendo had it's head up it's own ass in terms of producing the game pad controller. For one reason or another, they are having a hard time getting them produced in quantities that would answer demand. This isn't the first time this has happened with a console: ps2, ps3, 360. All those consoles were in short supply and the reason given was the tech was difficult to mass produce, certain parts were hard to obtain, the assembly line was backed up, etc. If that's the case with Wii U, it could be months before another major shipment, with only 2-3 consoles arriving per store per week/month. For the sake of a lot of good kids on Christmas morning, let's hope that's not the case. I wouldn't put it past Nintendo though. This is the same company that had to delay Super Smash Bros Brawl for an extra month (after it was already delayed three times) just to make more discs because they failed to realize they had less than half enough copies to meet preorders alone.
WTB: Outback Joey ($900 bounty for cart only!)

#846 e Skrilla

e Skrilla

64Bit Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 05:55 AM

Will wait for this. Only game I have interest in is zombiu. Wii was a let down so I'll wait a bit

#847 Serious McMopy

Serious McMopy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 06:07 AM

For me, more than anything else, I will admit, I am interested in the Wii U because it's something that is new and shiny, combined with the fact that something new and shiny will not cost me a kidney or two (e.g. launch PS3).

NSMBU and Pikmin 3 being in the "launch window", along with digital discounts, sends it over the top, for me.

#848 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 06:20 AM

So I went through the 51 "launch titles" The following will only be available on a WiiU or Nintendo platform.

1. Funky Barn.
2. Family Party 30 Great Games: Obstacle Arcade
3. Tank!Tank!Tank! *
4. Nintendo Land
5. New Super Mario Bros. U *
6. Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor’s Edge (already on 360 and PS3 but it will be slightly different.)
7. SiNG Party
8. Lego City: Undercover *
9. Wii Fit U
10. Game & Wario
11. Pikmin 3 *
12. The Wonderful 101 *
13. Nano Assault Neo *
14. Toki Tori 2 (PC also)
15. Rabbids Land
16. Sports Connection
17. ZombiU *
18. Rayman Legends *
19. Game Party Champions
20. Scribblenauts Unlimited (PC Also)

So that is the list of exclusive titles the first 4 months of release. Everything else can be had on the 360 or PS3. I put an * next to the ones I would be interested in and it left me with 8 games I won't be able to play without buying the console. For me, I am just going to wait.

#849 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 06:41 AM

Have they announced any sort of Trophy/Achievement type system? Sometimes I love it but sometimes it ruins my experience but I am still wondering if they are adopting that model.

Edit: Never mind...looks like they are doing achievements

#850 DeadbeatGa

DeadbeatGa

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 06:55 AM

Did Walmart sell out? The link isn't working for me since earlier today. I kind f feel like going Wii U and PC next gen.
Posted Image

#851 StryderOmega

StryderOmega

Posted 15 September 2012 - 10:31 AM

Lol, unlike most locations, I just checked available stores for Pre Order, not only is my store still listed but most that were unavailable have become available. :P

#852 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 11:29 AM

really should preorder and then dump on ebay...with dumping all of the games i dont play anymore i have like 700 credit at best buy
WOOOO I STINK

#853 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 11:33 AM

I'm way too lazy and tired to read through all this but if anyone feels like answering do we know anything about Amazon selling them? I see Gamestop is sold out already and I really don't want to order from Best Buy if I don't need to.

#854 kidkash03

kidkash03

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 11:41 AM

I'm way too lazy and tired to read through all this but if anyone feels like answering do we know anything about Amazon selling them? I see Gamestop is sold out already and I really don't want to order from Best Buy if I don't need to.

They have yet to directly sale the 3DS XL, so I wouldn't have much hope in them selling the WiiU.

#855 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 11:54 AM

They have yet to directly sale the 3DS XL, so I wouldn't have much hope in them selling the WiiU.

I think they actually did directly sell the XL for a very short period, but yeah I guess I'll just wait and see and then cry about it later when I can't get one. I just dont know about this thing...it seems like at any point MS or Sony can reveal their new consoles and then this thing is done for.

#856 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 01:03 PM

I think I'm gonna wait and see how it actually is at launch, buddy of mine preordered yesterday so I can see how he likes his system before dropping my own money on one.

Slightly off-topic, does anybody know how the WiiU is gonna handle gamecube/VC games?

#857 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 01:33 PM

I think I'm gonna wait and see how it actually is at launch, buddy of mine preordered yesterday so I can see how he likes his system before dropping my own money on one.

Slightly off-topic, does anybody know how the WiiU is gonna handle gamecube/VC games?

It will not play gamecube games but you will be able to transfer your virtual console games over somehow.

#858 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 01:35 PM

So what are the odds we actually see Wonderful 101 and/or Zombie U on launch day? I'd love to get one other game day 1 beside Nintendo Land and NSMBU.

#859 VyseArcad1a

VyseArcad1a

New Mirror's Edge?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 01:35 PM

It will not play gamecube games but you will be able to transfer your virtual console games over somehow.

I'm wondering how because you sure as hell can't from one Wii to another. I lost $200 worth on VC stuff when Best Buy replaced my Wii and Nintendo flat out refused to get me my DLC back.

So hence, no Wii U for me.

47206.png
Currently Playing:
:ps3: Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z, Earth Defense Force 2025, South Park: The Stick of Truth
:3ds: Rhythm Thief, Animal Crossing: New Leaf
:psp: Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, DJ Max Technika Tune, Rayman Origins

#860 Yars

Yars

I'd buy that for a dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 01:39 PM

Nintendo has said that you'll need to have both the Wii and the Wii U connected to the Internet at the same time to transfer your digital content, so don't get rid of that old system just yet.

#861 The Questyen

The Questyen

Posted 15 September 2012 - 01:50 PM

I'm wondering how because you sure as hell can't from one Wii to another. I lost $200 worth on VC stuff when Best Buy replaced my Wii and Nintendo flat out refused to get me my DLC back.

So hence, no Wii U for me.

They've already mentioned it will work almost exactly the same way as the 3DS transferring does.

Now Playing: Dead Space Extraction (Wii) / The Swapper (PS4)

Recently Finished:  Vessel (PS3) C- / Metroid Prime (replay) (Wii) A / The Walking Dead Season 2: Ep 4 (PS3) A-

#862 devincenzi

devincenzi

Posted 15 September 2012 - 02:06 PM

I am a bit concerned that Best Buy is still accepting online pre-orders for the deluxe model. I put an order in early yesterday, but I have a strange foreboding that they could cut me down come 11/18 and not ship it. Can anyone assuage these fears or am I kept wondering until that fateful day? Might be time to invest in a tent... :cold:

#863 sephiroth61787

sephiroth61787

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 02:07 PM

Since I have an old 360 that rarely gets played, I think I'm going to trade that in towards a Wii U. Even though the Deluxe is sold out, I'm going to reserve the regular console for now just to get the extra trade-in credit and then wait for Gamestop to get additional Deluxe models later on.

#864 Tarskidx

Tarskidx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 02:07 PM

So which online stores pre-authorize your debit/credit card immediately out of curiousity?

Best Buy = Yes
Gamestop = No
Amazon = No
Toys R Us = Yes
Walmart = ?
Target = ?

#865 tonybonjovi

tonybonjovi

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 02:13 PM

I live in NYC...think im just gonna hit up Nintendo World on launch day...they were NEVER sold out of Wii's while everyone else was. I had friends and relatives sending me there every other week to pick one up for them...LOL

#866 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 02:17 PM

I am a bit concerned that Best Buy is still accepting online pre-orders for the deluxe model. I put an order in early yesterday, but I have a strange foreboding that they could cut me down come 11/18 and not ship it. Can anyone assuage these fears or am I kept wondering until that fateful day? Might be time to invest in a tent... :cold:

I worked at best buy when the PS3/Wii came out. We had only gotten about 20 PS3s but we did have 120 Wiis at launch.

Its different now id assume, but still, they had a big chunk, at least at my store.

#867 Busyman

Busyman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 02:18 PM

I'm not preordering for a couple of reasons.

1. There are too many current gen games backlogged and coming out, to play.

2. The WU's launch lineup is meh. Re-up for $300-$350 NOW for only a handful of decent games I'd want? Pass.

3. Just like with new games, I don't preorder without a deal. This is not a deal. No money off, no free game, no nothing. This is not CAGish. I waited on the 3DS and was at least able to get it at a lower pricce AND the free Ambassador games.

Mark my words, there will be deals to be had on this. The preorder mopes will "first" and the people that wait a tad will save money, CAG stylee.

#868 Crimson Mist

Crimson Mist

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 02:20 PM

I am waiting on NewEgg to sell the system. I refuse to pay the tax money.

#869 predseth

predseth

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 02:22 PM

Both WiiUs are showing "sold out online" on bestbuy.com

http://www.bestbuy.c...cat274600050016

#870 Lexicon

Lexicon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 02:22 PM

Best Buy online now showing sold out on both models too.