The Wii U Pre-Order Thread - $349.99/$299.99 - 11/18/12

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8921 replies to this topic

#1111 drakma676

drakma676

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 04:05 PM

Have they said anything about a headset or mic to talk to others online like on black ops or wii the headset from the wii work?

#1112 ebaymarcaro

ebaymarcaro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 04:13 PM

FYI, bestbuy just shot me an email saying they backordered my wii-u deluxe pre-order. So beware with bestbuy.

Was this for an online delivery order, online in-store pickup, or kiosk order?
When did you place your order?

#1113 thegamer

thegamer

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 04:19 PM

Just went down to my local Fry's to pick up Kirby and I stopped to ask the gaming employees about in-store Wii U pre-orders. They said they were taking them, but you have to pay for it in full and then come back and pick it up on release date. We'll see if that's their official policy but for now that's what they are doing.

#1114 caMOFOg

caMOFOg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 04:27 PM

Just put my order in at frys.com for a black 32GB unit . Hopefully they'll be able to fulfill this order on release date.

#1115 WesWarlord

WesWarlord

I'll Take the Case!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 04:36 PM

Was this for an online delivery order, online in-store pickup, or kiosk order?
When did you place your order?

I can confirm that that my order came back as back ordered. I ordered mine on their site and got the e-mail last night that it was back ordered.

I'm pretty sure I selected for it to be expedite shipped to my house because it kept saying that I couldn't do in-store pickup.

#1116 buster90

buster90

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 04:42 PM

Just placed an order for the 32GB at Frys. I choose 2nd day shipping so I hope to get it day or so after release.

#1117 ebaymarcaro

ebaymarcaro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 05:06 PM

I can confirm that that my order came back as back ordered. I ordered mine on their site and got the e-mail last night that it was back ordered.

I'm pretty sure I selected for it to be expedite shipped to my house because it kept saying that I couldn't do in-store pickup.

Thanks for the info. Did you place the order yesterday too?

#1118 BLink

BLink

Since 2005

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 05:13 PM

Have they said anything about a headset or mic to talk to others online like on black ops or wii the headset from the wii work?

Turtle beach and some other company announced headsets that should be out around launch.

#1119 WesWarlord

WesWarlord

I'll Take the Case!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 05:19 PM

Thanks for the info. Did you place the order yesterday too?

Yeah. I placed the order as soon as I woke up yesterday. Im going to the store today to see what's up and going to see if I can get it done in-store.

If not, I'm a premier reward zone member so I may call their special number to get some answers.

#1120 rschauby

rschauby

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 05:25 PM

Just some advice I learned from the whole HP Touchpad debacle:

Online retailers fulfill orders by shipping speed. It doesn't matter if you were the first to pre-order, or the very last. Those people who pay the nice $40 premium to have their item over-nighted will be given the inventory first. Of course, none of them retailers will admit this, but it has been proven.

#1121 Dental

Dental

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 05:45 PM

I think Fry's is out of Wii U too for both systems.

#1122 brutalny

brutalny

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 05:53 PM

well, I preordered from bestbuy and my order says in process. Keep dreaming if you think everyone that preorodered from any source will get the wii u

The email says my order is backordered, and I would get it in 7-31 days from today (which is before the release). When I check the website it still says processing just like yours. I don't know what to believe so just going to cancel.

Background on my order : It was placed on thursday night, they did put a preauth on my credit card for the full amount. It was for a delivery order.

I know many of you guys work retail, and think that in store pre-orders are more important because your boss feeds that shit to you. It is not true, they would much rather book a sale where the money is for sure there than some kid coming in with 5 dollars. It just is not the case to the businesses, the online orders are just as important if not more because they make more money on the sale. For the guy saying it is easy to send a cancellation email, from your corporations standpoint it is not easier. When you send a cancellation for an important order, you guarantee the person will not order online or in store killing two forms of revenue with one email.

#1123 Ericsc

Ericsc

Posted 16 September 2012 - 05:55 PM

I think Fry's is out of Wii U too for both systems.

Yeah, the product pages are gone at Frys.com

Google cache shows what they used to look like earlier.

Google Cache - Frys.com DELUXE

Google Cache - Frys.com BASIC

Now those pages are gone.

#1124 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 06:05 PM

you guys are such dicks! I had no intention of pre-ordering but I ran out to BB this morning and preordered the deluxe at Best Buy. I figure $5 now and plenty of time to think about it.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#1125 Rainman

Rainman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 06:08 PM

I preordered from bestbuy.com on the first day preordered were up on the 13th and chose store pick up. Safe to say ill be getting the console?

#1126 ONIN

ONIN

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 06:15 PM

Went ahead and pre ordered in store at Best Buy this mornin even with chance of being placed on backorder. Since other places show sold out and won't even give you the option for the deluxe. I'll quote Lloyd Christmas: "So you're telling me there's still a chance!"

Edited by ONIN, 16 September 2012 - 06:27 PM.

#1127 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 16 September 2012 - 06:29 PM

If I end up back ordered, that's ok as long as I get one before Xmas. At least not paying for some crappy bundle.

#1128 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 06:34 PM

Went ahead and pre ordered in store at Best Buy this mornin even with chance of being placed on backorder. Since other places show sold out and won't even give you the option for the deluxe. I'll quote Lloyd Christmas: "So you're telling me there's still a chance!"

Yeah, I figure even if it's not release day, I'll be among the second shipment allocation if I preorder now.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#1129 AcePuppy

AcePuppy

Yoshi Yoshi!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 06:44 PM

I have added the Wii U Deluxe/Basic for Walmart to the main page. For some reason it does not come up in a Walmart search, only the bundle does. So I'm listing them all separately. They are all still available.

#1130 rschauby

rschauby

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 06:52 PM

I have added the Wii U Deluxe/Basic for Walmart to the main page. For some reason it does not come up in a Walmart search, only the bundle does. So I'm listing them all separately. They are all still available.

Woah, Walmart selling Systems without the Bundle!

#1131 SpartenOmega117

SpartenOmega117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 06:56 PM

Does Walmart charge instantly if I use my card?

#1132 whookid36

whookid36

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 07:02 PM

Thanks I was able to get a deluxe just fine right now.

#1133 Youngnoble

Youngnoble

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 07:07 PM

Yes

#1134 rockstarnati

rockstarnati

PlayStation 4 Day One Owners Club

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 07:19 PM

I preordered from bestbuy.com on the first day preordered were up on the 13th and chose store pick up. Safe to say ill be getting the console?

I hope so. I'm in the same boat. I ordered within minutes of the systems finally appearing on bestbuy.com. Black deluxe set with in-store pickup. I really hope I get one day 1 with no headaches!

Both versions are, of course, now sold out online at bestbuy.com and store pickup is unavailable for every store listed. Hopefully that's a good sign that they have their stuff in order.

PSN: rockstarnati | XBL: rockstarnati

Check out this thread to get an Xbox One or $480 cash/gift card for FREE! This is 100% legit!

The more CAGs who do it, the more CAGs who get free Xbox Ones, cash or gift cards!!!

Here. Have another! FREE Wii U or $350 cash!

But wait, there's moreFREE PS Vita or $300 cash!

And more still! FREE iPad Mini or $430 cash!

#1135 uEih

uEih

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 07:29 PM

Yes

I wanna get it from walmart but don't wanna pay upfront like this. Still not sure if i want it or not so paying full for it maybe isn't the best idea. Do they actually charge you or is it still pending?
Get Free Xbox360 Games quick and easy: Sign up here! PM me if you have any questions. http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=236921

#1136 Rainman

Rainman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 07:39 PM

I hope so. I'm in the same boat. I ordered within minutes of the systems finally appearing on bestbuy.com. Black deluxe set with in-store pickup. I really hope I get one day 1 with no headaches!

Both versions are, of course, now sold out online at bestbuy.com and store pickup is unavailable for every store listed. Hopefully that's a good sign that they have their stuff in order.

We are in the same boat I also ordered deluxe. Do you know when we pick up our console we can apply reward certs to the order? Would like to apply RE6 and dishonored when I get the 20 each.

#1137 Callandor

Callandor

Posted 16 September 2012 - 07:39 PM

According to my confirmation email, NO:

If you're paying by credit card or Bill Me LaterĀ®, your account will not be charged until your order ships. If you see a pending charge on your account prior to your items shipping, this is an authorization hold to ensure the funds are available. All other forms of payment are charged at the time the order is placed.

#1138 Youngnoble

Youngnoble

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 07:41 PM

I wanna get it from walmart but don't wanna pay upfront like this. Still not sure if i want it or not so paying full for it maybe isn't the best idea. Do they actually charge you or is it still pending?

It's a pending charge, I should have been clearer. But yes you need to have the money upfront if your using a debit.

#1139 kellte2

kellte2

Powerful Stroke

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 07:47 PM

I was able to preorder at a Best Buy kiosk. Who knows if I get it on launch day, but it was worth a shot for $5 + tax.

Also, not sure that I should have been charged tax on a preorder, but whatever. I wanted to get in the queue.

#1140 henry00x

henry00x

Chosen One

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 07:51 PM

I knew bestbuy would screw people over, especially when i read one poster here state a guy before him put in 7 preorders in store, how about limiting it to 1 per person smh...