The Wii U Pre-Order Thread - $349.99/$299.99 - 11/18/12

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8921 replies to this topic

#1501 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 12:56 AM

Am I the only one hoping they will eventually release glasses free 3d models of the game pad?

#1502 Jaysonguy

Jaysonguy

Mr. Wonderful

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 01:01 AM

I really feel that ZombieU will be to the Wii-U what Red Steel was to the Wii, over hyped, average at best, and getting labeled a killer app before it's even out.

I got some time alone with the Wii U and it's games.

ZombieU seems like a good mechanic that should be part of a bigger game.

Editor in chief at PanicGamer.com
Steam ID: TheRealJaysonguy
We're looking for people who want to review games, interested? Email: jobs@panicgamer.com

#1503 6er

6er

XBOX, GO HOME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 01:01 AM

Am I the only one hoping they will eventually release glasses free 3d models of the game pad?

Yup. What, no new chapter?

#1504 masked lemon

masked lemon

is high as a kite.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 01:12 AM

I just got back from Best Buy.

Traded in some games, but they were out of preorders for both the Deluxe and Basic. Best Buy is still doing online pre orders for the Basic, so I used the gift card towards the purchase. I set it up for In store pickup, so hopefully I am all set for midnight on Nov 17th, or as soon as they open on Sunday. It says on the order they will hold onto it until the 26th of Nov, so we'll see.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#1505 Wanderlai

Wanderlai

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 01:22 AM

I got some time alone with the Wii U and it's games.

ZombieU seems like a good mechanic that should be part of a bigger game.

You think it'll be a regret to buy day one? I'm in for SMBU and Rayman Legends but debating ZombiU.

#1506 thebytewasbit

thebytewasbit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 01:30 AM

Sorry to go off topic a bit, but when does the BF OT usually get started?

#1507 MetalSlugger

MetalSlugger

Wubadubadub, is that true?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 01:36 AM

http://www.gameinfor...h-nintendo.aspx

uc.png

#1508 fyrflash1969

fyrflash1969

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 01:53 AM

http://www.gameinfor...h-nintendo.aspx

read that earlier, this is going to make the system worthwhile all by itself

#1509 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 01:54 AM

Did you olay NSMB 2 for the 3DS? It could induce narcolepsy in insomniacs. It's so easy my dog could beat it by pressing random buttons. And worst of all, it's not fun, it's just a sorry rehash of a gane that wasn't so hot in the first place. What makes you think the Wii U version will be any better?

I played the first one on DS and Wii and thought they were amazing.

#1510 jms5118

jms5118

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 02:01 AM

Think i'm going to wait awhile on the wii u, i almost never played my wii and have an insane backlog for ps3 and 360.

#1511 Ericsc

Ericsc

Posted 20 September 2012 - 02:23 AM

Deluxe Bundle FINALLY sold out at Walmart.com?

Posted Image

yep

Posted Image

edited the wiki

Edited by Ericsc, 20 September 2012 - 02:34 AM.

#1512 ChrisDM

ChrisDM

Posted 20 September 2012 - 02:56 AM

I apologize if this question has been addressed already as I've only looked through a couple of pages, but is there anywhere left to get a Wii U Deluxe? Is it worth the effort to go to these stores and see if they will take a reserve in person?

#1513 spmahn

spmahn

Posted 20 September 2012 - 02:59 AM

I played the first one on DS and Wii and thought they were amazing.

The first one on DS was novel because it was the first 2-D Mario game in a long time, but the fact that the challenge was totally absent hurt it quite a bit. The Wii version was more of the same, but the multiplayer aspect did give it a new dimension that hadn't been seen before. The lack of challenge however was ever more apparent in the Wii version, just to see if I could do it, I closed my eyes while playing, and had no trouble beating several levels. The game was a total snooze outside of Multiplayer. NSMB 2 for DS was a joke, same boring level design, gameplay programmed for a 5 year old, nothing new or innovative at all. I expect the Wii U one to be the same.

#1514 Ericsc

Ericsc

Posted 20 September 2012 - 03:09 AM

I apologize if this question has been addressed already as I've only looked through a couple of pages, but is there anywhere left to get a Wii U Deluxe? Is it worth the effort to go to these stores and see if they will take a reserve in person?

The Deluxe is basically sold out everywhere I think.

You could try calling your local Toys R Us and Best Buy stores and see if they have any preorders left. Earlier today someone said they got a pre-order from Toys R US. But yeah, at this point you'll be lucky to find one anywhere.

The Nintendo Store in NYC is still taking preorders, I think.

#1515 wasabi5858

wasabi5858

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 03:14 AM

I went to both BestBuy and Toys r Us that are in the same plaza in LA yesterday and they are both out of deluxe. Toys r us told me they only had 5 Deluxe for preorder to begin with. Bestbuy guy initially told me both versions are still available for preorder and then during the process, another guy stepped in and told me that they are out of deluxe so while I would still call, you are at the mercy of the person picking up the call...

#1516 madcatz1999

madcatz1999

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 03:19 AM

Deluxe Bundle FINALLY sold out at Walmart.com?

It's been sold out for a couple of days, at least. If you tried selecting the deluxe model as part of the bundle, when you tried adding it to your cart, it would say "Selected quantity not available. Please choose another quantity."

#1517 Zazoo

Zazoo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 03:23 AM

Never having played the other games anyone think Scribblenauts Unlimited will be worth a buy? With the coupon at newegg it's only 39.99

I'm really excited for this one, love the DS games.
I'll also be picking up Epic Mickey 2, Rayman Legends, New Super Mario Bros & Zombi U

Possibly Tekken and Rabbids Land (IDK why but that game always cracks me up not sure that I want to spend the cash on it though)

Chalking up to be an expensive launch day and my console is already paid for

#1518 Ericsc

Ericsc

Posted 20 September 2012 - 03:23 AM

It's been sold out for a couple of days, at least. If you tried selecting the deluxe model as part of the bundle, when you tried adding it to your cart, it would say "Selected quantity not available. Please choose another quantity."

Yeah, it said that. But it said that for the basic model too. You just had to go to your cart and check out. People on other forums were ordering the Deluxe bundle earlier today.

And Walmart has been changing what color WiiMote was available with the Bundle all day, sometimes it was Blue or Pink, or Black. So it's not like they were just ignoring the Bundle page, forgetting to update it.

#1519 Josh5890

Josh5890

For AC New Leaf 3DS- 3110-4025-7228

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 03:28 AM

Chalking up to be an expensive launch day and my console is already paid for

I hear you there. I'm not spending a dime in entertainment money between now and then.

I need a new signature.

#1520 mr.ratburn

mr.ratburn

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 03:30 AM

Sorry to be unhelpful, but I've tried getting a deluxe and the Walmart Bundle was the last place online as far as I know. B&M is also practically gone too, I called like 5 Best Buys and Toys R Us's and nothing. My strategy right now is to hold on to my Basic Set preorder and wait for another round of preorders or something down the line, which is unlikely, but who knows?

I'll probably end up getting the basic set which, in all honesty, with the Wii U's expandable storage both through SD cards and external hard drives, make the NAND size difference not such a big deal. The pack-in game is cool and all, but with the $50 savings, buy yourself a FULL game instead of a tech demo. As for the color, if it bothers you that much (I personally like black a little more), remember you can always buy your next gamepad, or controllers, in black and pretend you have a black console, that's what I did for the Wii.

Then just pull out the white controllers when you have a friend over ;-) As for the cradle and other gimmicks, trust me, as a longtime owner of the Wii, you will have accumulated DOZENS of useless plastic peripherals for the system and a few less might not be so bad. There, I thought I would share that since everyone goes on explaining how the DELUXE is better than the basic (which it is) but forgetting that many can't get their hands on one, plus nearly all of the advantages are replicable, albeit maybe not as cheaply.

But if someone finds out where to get a DELUXE I'd also like to know :)

#1521 Zazoo

Zazoo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 03:41 AM

I hear you there. I'm not spending a dime in entertainment money between now and then.

When my husband heard how many games I was getting he said I now know why you haven't bought any blu-rays in quite some time. Heck I even skipped Indiana Jones, which pains me.

#1522 kklems

kklems

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 03:44 AM

Not sure why but just ordered a deluxe bundle.

#1523 KratosGOW2525

KratosGOW2525

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 04:01 AM

Where?

#1524 vcplant

vcplant

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 04:44 AM

Wishful thinking, but maybe once the initial run is sold out (looking at you Walmart) they'll open up pre-orders on Amazon, Newegg, etc.

#1525 b3b0p

b3b0p

Where's r0ckst34dy?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 05:15 AM

My guess is none of these retailers know how many they will get and are just know that they will get a Wii U shipment and are taking a low ball best guess of their quantity.

#1526 tightclaws

tightclaws

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 05:51 AM

I know the feeling, I did it too. But whats the worst that can happen? Flip for a few hundred profit around the first week of December or keep it .
Posted Image

#1527 spmahn

spmahn

Posted 20 September 2012 - 05:52 AM

My guess is none of these retailers know how many they will get and are just know that they will get a Wii U shipment and are taking a low ball best guess of their quantity.

Exactly this. No one knows how many will or won't be available at launch at this juncture, so rather than screw people by taking too many pre-orders, they're erring on the side of caution and limiting the number of pre-orders they take.

#1528 david12795

david12795

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 06:09 AM

the hype in this thread is making me want to preorder a wii u even though i have no absolute need for it
Tradelist
Super Smash Bros. Brawl FC: 5155-4755-9214

#1529 DRV

DRV

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 07:36 AM

In fear of not being promised a deluxe set, I made an order from Toys R Us and one of those Wal-Mart packages.

Wal-Mart just sent me a Wii Remote Plus (which is overpriced)... so I'm hoping that means I'm getting one.
Danreb R. Victorio
Senior Editor, SmashPad
http://www.smashpad.com

#1530 io

io

Posted 20 September 2012 - 08:00 AM

. The game was a total snooze outside of Multiplayer. NSMB 2 for DS was a joke, same boring level design, gameplay programmed for a 5 year old, nothing new or innovative at all. I expect the Wii U one to be the same.

I can tell you that at the PAX demo when I was playing and watching others play people were dying all the time. Some of that might have been due to the multiplayer mayhem (having people jump off your head and messing up your timing, etc). But it certainly wasn't a cakewalk. And I took it that they were demoing a fairly easy, straightforward level compared to others.