The Wii U Pre-Order Thread - $349.99/$299.99 - 11/18/12

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8921 replies to this topic

#1831 Rig

Rig

Rig = Lunar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 02:23 PM

God dammit I had better be able to transfer my 4.5 year Brawl file.

This is my biggest concern about the whole thing. I'd part with any/all of my other game saves and be only slightly annoyed with it. But, if my Brawl save doesn't transfer...I'm gonna be ultra pissed off.

#1832 drakma676

drakma676

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 03:41 PM

Hmmm wonder if I sell my preorder ticket number, someone will buy it.

#1833 armandxp

armandxp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 04:16 PM

You do realize the difference between an actual charge on your credit card and a simple pre-authorization hold to verify you have credit right? Assuming you are like 93% of people on this thread and don't know the difference, what happened is that you were never charged anything. And you weren't refunded anything because you were never charged in the first place. You simply had a pending charge which is basically their way of making sure you actually have money available.

This is why I do ZERO business with Best Buy. They are absolutely ridiculous. Look at Amazon. Do they ever put an authorization check on anything you preorder? NO. They are one of the largest retailers in the world, and they don't do this. Amazon gets 95% of my business. It is pretty crappy for them to hold up your money, especially in your checking account. Not all of us are millionaire's. Sometimes we would like to actually pay for the item, when the item actually gets ready to be released for sale, not have it hanging on your account every six days.

This will cause other transaction's to bounce, and then have huge fee's to pay. I don't know anyone who preorder's anything at BB anymore. <RANT OVER> :booty:

#1834 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 06:16 PM

Exactly! BB is horrible. I pre-ordered mine from Gamestop online and they didn't put a hold on the funds.

Yeah I didn't want to take a $400 hit out of my account, hold it for 2 months, then Fuck me over. That's why I preordered from GS.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#1835 Alucard400

Alucard400

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 06:25 PM

Gamestop can be pretty bad too though. I've had a cousin who preordered diablo III limited edition and they didn't hold a copy for him. I'd rather give my business to Amazon myself, but in this case..Amazon didn't even do preorders for the Wii U Deluxe. I got three deluxe preordered on bestbuy.com and my credit card have authorization charges pending(or held like you guys say) too. I should have made some preorders at gamestop just in case bestbuy screws me over. I got a friend relying on me to help him get one.

#1836 ky151

ky151

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 06:27 PM

This is why I do ZERO business with Best Buy. They are absolutely ridiculous. Look at Amazon. Do they ever put an authorization check on anything you preorder? NO. They are one of the largest retailers in the world, and they don't do this. Amazon gets 95% of my business. It is pretty crappy for them to hold up your money, especially in your checking account. Not all of us are millionaire's. Sometimes we would like to actually pay for the item, when the item actually gets ready to be released for sale, not have it hanging on your account every six days.

This will cause other transaction's to bounce, and then have huge fee's to pay. I don't know anyone who preorder's anything at BB anymore. <RANT OVER> :booty:

I preorder from Best Buy. It's just something you have to deal with. I have enough available credit to cover it, but I can see the problem if you're using a debit card or a credit card with a low limit.

#1837 io

io

Posted 27 September 2012 - 11:38 PM

ENOUGH! Stop with the credit card hold talk and bizarre talk radio screeds.

#1838 MetalSlugger

MetalSlugger

Wubadubadub, is that true?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 12:04 AM

:applause:

uc.png

#1839 6er

6er

XBOX, GO HOME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 02:08 AM

I missed a screed? Shoulda checked back earlier!

#1840 Kyanos

Kyanos

Big Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 02:25 AM

Hello Matt,

It is worth noting that to perform a system transfer from a Wii console to a Wii U will require an Internet connection, an SD card for the Wii U console, and you must have both systems in your possession.

Sincerely,

Crystal L. Odam
Nintendo of America Inc.

I'm still pretty annoyed with this. I did expect it, but considering I can log into my Club Nintendo account and see a list of everything I've purchased through the Wii Shop channel, they could have done this differently. They have the information, they just don't want to go through the trouble of making it convenient for anyone.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#1841 gamerguy73

gamerguy73

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 03:19 AM

Out of the 2 remaining bundles (Wal Mart and TRU), which is the better deal? Is it worth it? I already have a pre-order for Deluxe at GS B&M but wanted to order for back up.

#1842 quiznut1

quiznut1

Posted 28 September 2012 - 12:43 PM

I have two preordered at BB, did it in store a couple weeks ago. I have yet to see the "authorization hold" a lot of you who preordered from there speak of.

Is this just happening for BB preorders done online?

#1843 Jaysonguy

Jaysonguy

Mr. Wonderful

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 12:46 PM

I have two preordered at BB, did it in store a couple weeks ago. I have yet to see the "authorization hold" a lot of you who preordered from there speak of.

I ordered online and have no hold at all.
Editor in chief at PanicGamer.com
Newest story: SimCity Reviewers Have Failed Their Readers
Newest Review: Generation of Chaos: Pandora's Reflection, SimCity
Steam ID: TheRealJaysonguy
We're looking for people who want to review games, interested? Email: jobs@panicgamer.com

#1844 kayne2000

kayne2000

All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 12:58 PM

i have to ask whats an screed lol?

in all seriousness the people need to be smarter with their money posts are on the ones in this 93 page thread worthy of deletion???

#1845 Confucius

Confucius

Yeah I fixed it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 01:01 PM

in store pre-orders are only $5 so there wouldn't be an authorization hold anyway because you paid for the $5 preorder already.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#1846 masked lemon

masked lemon

is high as a kite.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 02:36 PM

I really hope they have a seperate line for people who are paid in full at Best Buy. The thought that I might miss out on the console I have already paid for because some punk kid put down a measly $5 and got the last one pisses me off.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#1847 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 02:58 PM

I really hope they have a seperate line for people who are paid in full at Best Buy. The thought that I might miss out on the console I have already paid for because some punk kid put down a measly $5 and got the last one pisses me off.

Like everything else at Best Buy, it'll probably be first come, first served for the in-store people.

Online orders are typically pulled before (or at least they should be, if the warehouse knows whats good for them) opening, so you should be okay.

#1848 therealdanhill

therealdanhill

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 04:00 PM

I haven't gotten a cancelation email from Kmart yet, which is a good thing lol. if they do end up canceling I really hope that it's not like a week before it comes out.

#1849 thebytewasbit

thebytewasbit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 05:05 AM

I was at Gamestop today and they had Wii U system boxes they were putting up for promotional materials. Very sleek packaging design. So much better than WII packaging design. The box is very glossy. Guy said they only had about 10 preorders for their entire store. 5 of each color. Pretty slim pickins.

#1850 therealdanhill

therealdanhill

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 05:14 AM

as in only 10 people preordered or they only had 10 allotted to their store?

#1851 thebytewasbit

thebytewasbit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 05:16 AM

as in only 10 people preordered or they only had 10 allotted to their store?

He made it sound like it was 5 allotments of each for their store.

#1852 henry00x

henry00x

Chosen One

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 06:04 AM

went to GS today and guy said all people who had preorders were safe for launch, so there is that

#1853 StryderOmega

StryderOmega

Posted 29 September 2012 - 06:08 AM

went to GS today and guy said all people who had preorders were safe for launch, so there is that

Lol or so he wants you to think

#1854 Wanderlai

Wanderlai

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 07:12 AM

Everyone who has a preorder with GS is safe....until launch and thats when the screaming and crying begins. I have no doubt that alot of people with preorders are going to get screwed come launch.

#1855 Grimms

Grimms

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 09:11 AM

Does anybody know for sure if walmart charges your credit card for the full amount, if you preorder the wii-u bundle with 1 game and pro controller? Thinking about getting the $409 bundle or most expensive one (Deluxe Set). But I cannot afford for them to take all the money out of my credit card now, definitely on the 18th of November though.

#1856 MetalSlugger

MetalSlugger

Wubadubadub, is that true?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 09:48 AM

Everyone who has a preorder with GS is safe....until launch and thats when the screaming and crying begins. I have no doubt that alot of people with preorders are going to get screwed come launch.

Because...? The only time in my 10+ years of preordering games at GS where I've been "screwed" was when the publisher of the first Ar Tonelico (sp?) game didn't send out the promised preoeder OSTs. Every other preorder has been beyond smooth.

uc.png

#1857 Wanderlai

Wanderlai

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 09:55 AM

Because...? The only time in my 10+ years of preordering games at GS where I've been "screwed" was when the publisher of the first Ar Tonelico (sp?) game didn't send out the promised preoeder OSTs. Every other preorder has been beyond smooth.

I have a preorder with GS but I really doubt most GS stores stopped taking PO's based on what they think theyll get. Granted they may get more or less and that depends upon Nintendo. My only hope is that I dont have to line up and it be first come first serve type of deal...but Im afraid thats whatll happen. Id like to show up at midnight and pick up my WiiU. I also have a WiiU PO'd at BB so Ill have to figure out where to go first. Im just basing my thoughts on other posters experiences with GS console launches. Only console I ever got at launch was the N64 and that went fine. I just had to line up.

#1858 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 01:43 PM

I have one of each pre-ordered at Gamestop. Pretty sure I'm keeping the deluxe. I'm really not one to try to profit off a system so I'm thinking about cancelling my basic one, but part of me is telling me to hold onto it in case a friend or family member ends up wanting one as launch approaches.

#1859 PlayableMoogle

PlayableMoogle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 03:19 PM

I have a preorder with GS but I really doubt most GS stores stopped taking PO's based on what they think theyll get. Granted they may get more or less and that depends upon Nintendo. My only hope is that I dont have to line up and it be first come first serve type of deal...but Im afraid thats whatll happen. Id like to show up at midnight and pick up my WiiU. I also have a WiiU PO'd at BB so Ill have to figure out where to go first. Im just basing my thoughts on other posters experiences with GS console launches. Only console I ever got at launch was the N64 and that went fine. I just had to line up.

I'm all for fear-mongering, since I'm hoping to flip one pre-order to pay for the second (yep, I'm a bastard, and I'm fine with it), but this is pretty silly. It's only my guess, but I would imagine their system locked people out of being able to sell once their allotted quantity was gone. Anything else would've just been silly. I would also hope that in the absence of such sanity, they would be able to conjure up a quick database query statement and choose to sort out the first x purchases among the stores that sold those (where x is the number they had allotted across the company), and distribute them using those results. Anything else would be guesswork where they'd have to make an effort to do the wrong thing. Despite that plenty of people don't care for Gamestop, one's chances of being screwed by this situation are pretty remote.

#1860 Dr. Feel Good

Dr. Feel Good

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 03:32 PM

If Best Buy is sold out online, does that mean they're sold out of in-store pre-orders as well? Figured I'd ask before calling every store in a 100-mile radius. :)