The Wii U Pre-Order Thread - $349.99/$299.99 - 11/18/12

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8921 replies to this topic

#1861 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 03:45 PM

I got an in-store order at my store after it was sold out on line. Granted it was like 3 days after they stopped taking on line orders.

#1862 henry00x

henry00x

Chosen One

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 03:53 PM

I have a preorder with GS but I really doubt most GS stores stopped taking PO's based on what they think theyll get. Granted they may get more or less and that depends upon Nintendo. My only hope is that I dont have to line up and it be first come first serve type of deal...but Im afraid thats whatll happen. Id like to show up at midnight and pick up my WiiU. I also have a WiiU PO'd at BB so Ill have to figure out where to go first. Im just basing my thoughts on other posters experiences with GS console launches. Only console I ever got at launch was the N64 and that went fine. I just had to line up.

GS was the retailer that acted most responsible on taking preorders IMO, guy told me they stopped the preorders at that store the 2nd day, meanwhile Bestbuy was allowing people to preorder for a good week for $5, one member on here said a guy ahead of him at store put in SEVEN preorders.

I feel safe with GS, rather than any other retailer on launch like bestbuy who took a ton of preorders blindly , not even limiting 1 preorder per person

#1863 anthroskull

anthroskull

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 29 September 2012 - 04:15 PM

i know the guys at my 2 local gamestops pretty well, they stopped second day as well, thinking the are being very cautious this time around.

#1864 AcePuppy

AcePuppy

Yoshi Yoshi!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 04:18 PM

Walmart's White Bundle is no longer available to add options/to the cart.

#1865 Youngnoble

Youngnoble

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 04:23 PM

GS was the retailer that acted most responsible on taking preorders IMO, guy told me they stopped the preorders at that store the 2nd day, meanwhile Bestbuy was allowing people to preorder for a good week for $5, one member on here said a guy ahead of him at store put in SEVEN preorders.

I feel safe with GS, rather than any other retailer on launch like bestbuy who took a ton of preorders blindly , not even limiting 1 preorder per person

Yep 7, I'm kind of worried now if I'll get one from that store now.. I asked the sales rep if there was a limit and he said, " Yes but you could pretty much order as many as you wanted" it's at the discretion of the guy ringing you up. I was there early too. Someone was on a mission to preorder a ton, probably hit up all the local stores in my area.

#1866 6er

6er

XBOX, GO HOME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 04:32 PM

Glad I preordered at 3 different companies now..... Maybe I'll get 1.

#1867 henry00x

henry00x

Chosen One

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 04:48 PM

Yep 7, I'm kind of worried now if I'll get one from that store now.. I asked the sales rep if there was a limit and he said, " Yes but you could pretty much order as many as you wanted" it's at the discretion of the guy ringing you up. I was there early too. Someone was on a mission to preorder a ton, probably hit up all the local stores in my area.

really? ok ill have 100 WiiU's at $5 reserve deposit for $500, i hope they have them all ready for me at launch lol

#1868 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 05:04 PM

could not can.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#1869 gamerguy73

gamerguy73

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 05:20 PM

Have a Deluxe model on PO at GS B&M. Called twice to see if I would be guaranteed the system at launch. Both times I was assured I would get it on launch date. Worse comes ro worse, I'll get it on their next shipment.

Edited by gamerguy73, 29 September 2012 - 09:21 PM.

#1870 drakma676

drakma676

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 05:27 PM

Did anyone preorder at best buy in the Memphis area especially the one in Cordova?

#1871 AgentSquishy

AgentSquishy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 05:37 PM

Is Toys R Us still accepting in store preorders?

#1872 gamerguy73

gamerguy73

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 06:05 PM

Is Toys R Us still accepting in store preorders?

Most aren't, at least the ones in L.A./Orange County. I suggest calling around to see.

#1873 MetalSlugger

MetalSlugger

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR- suplexrepeat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 07:03 PM

Have a Deluxe model on PO at GS B&M. Called twice to see if I would be guaranteed the system at lunch.

:bouncy:

BEST LUNCH EVAR

uc.png

#1874 mr.ratburn

mr.ratburn

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 08:05 PM

AGAIN, sorry if this is allready posted as i searched and didnt find anything about this , so.... i was buying 4 [$27.99]
used Wii games from the gamestop and i said, " Its a shame thers no wiiu preodrders rite now" and the employee told me ,
" Don't Be surprised if they add More stock allasuden like BANG " and he gave me a wink too and held his finger over his lips ,
signifying to be quiet............

#1875 vcplant

vcplant

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 10:19 PM

He was clearly hitting on you.

#1876 GoVols

GoVols

Posted 29 September 2012 - 11:36 PM

The "Bang!" part gave it away.

#1877 ClevelandBrowns

ClevelandBrowns

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 12:34 AM

So is ZombiU really coming out on the 11/13? That is what Amazon has for the release date. Seems weird to release it before the console.

CBrownsT10.png

#1878 Dr. Dib

Dr. Dib

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 12:49 AM

So is ZombiU really coming out on the 11/13? That is what Amazon has for the release date. Seems weird to release it before the console.

Not really. I remember for the Wii launch few of its games came out before the console actually came out. They were all 3rd party games. I don't know if stores always put them on the shelves before the console came out, but I know for certain the Walmart in my area did.

#1879 ClevelandBrowns

ClevelandBrowns

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 01:14 AM

Not really. I remember for the Wii launch few of its games came out before the console actually came out. They were all 3rd party games. I don't know if stores always put them on the shelves before the console came out, but I know for certain the Walmart in my area did.

Oh okay. I imagine it has something to do with nintendo releasing things on Sundays and most games get released on Tuesdays.

CBrownsT10.png

#1880 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 01:36 AM

I'm kind of hoping a few 3rd party titles do this (ZombiU and Scribblenauts for sure!). I'd like to get my NewEgg orders before the release so I have something other than NintendoLand to play day 1.

#1881 wampa8jedi

wampa8jedi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 02:05 AM

I posted this in another thread but got no response: AC3 on the 360 or the Wii U?

#1882 Yars

Yars

I'd buy that for a dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 02:08 AM

I posted this in another thread but got no response: AC3 on the 360 or the Wii U?

#1883 AgentSquishy

AgentSquishy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 02:15 AM

If I cannot find an in store preorder, will I be able to wait at Walmart until midnight when it releases? I'm assuming if that is possible, there will be loads of people doing that.

#1884 gamerguy73

gamerguy73

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 02:29 AM

If I cannot find an in store preorder, will I be able to wait at Walmart until midnight when it releases? I'm assuming if that is possible, there will be loads of people doing that.

You can order the online TRU bundle, if you don't mind paying $420 (basic system plus 2 games).

#1885 vcplant

vcplant

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 02:46 AM

The "Bang!" part gave it away.

he gave me a wink too and held his finger over his lips , "signifying to be quiet"

Shades of Gray 2: The KY Connection

#1886 AgentSquishy

AgentSquishy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 02:52 AM

You can order the online TRU bundle, if you don't mind paying $420 (basic system plus 2 games).

Yeah, that's the problem. I don't want to pay that much right now.

Edited by AgentSquishy, 30 September 2012 - 04:27 AM.

#1887 gamerguy73

gamerguy73

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 04:07 AM

Yeah, that's the problem. I don't want to pay the much right now.

I'm wondering if you can return the 2 games back to TRU for a refund. I know it's a bundle but

#1888 spmahn

spmahn

Posted 30 September 2012 - 04:10 AM

You will be able to get them at Wal-Mart at launch, probably not at midnight though unless it's a 24 hour store. I'm still not convinced these will be hard to get on launch day.

#1889 AgentSquishy

AgentSquishy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 04:30 AM

You will be able to get them at Wal-Mart at launch, probably not at midnight though unless it's a 24 hour store. I'm still not convinced these will be hard to get on launch day.

Awesome! Looks like I'll be spending that Saturday at Walmart. You wouldn't think Nintendo would make the mistake of repeating what happened with the Wii, but I'm not going to put complete faith in them.

#1890 b3b0p

b3b0p

Where's r0ckst34dy?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 04:36 AM

It's probably on Sunday to allow parents to get in sleep before starting the work week. That's my theory.