The Wii U Pre-Order Thread - $349.99/$299.99 - 11/18/12

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8921 replies to this topic

#1891 henry00x

henry00x

Chosen One

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 04:37 AM

It's probably on Sunday to allow parents to get in sleep before starting the work week. That's my theory.

nintendo releases are typically on sundays

#1892 Roopie

Roopie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 04:43 AM

Any news on whether or not the Deluxe editions will be available for pre-order again?

#1893 junghu

junghu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 01:29 PM

So is ZombiU really coming out on the 11/13? That is what Amazon has for the release date. Seems weird to release it before the console.

It happens to Saturn release.

#1894 AcePuppy

AcePuppy

Yoshi Yoshi!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 01:41 PM

So is ZombiU really coming out on the 11/13? That is what Amazon has for the release date. Seems weird to release it before the console.

This happens all the time for new consoles. It's been awhile since a console has been released, so we've all forgotten about it. :)

#1895 Gameboy415

Gameboy415

16-bits of awesome

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 01:43 PM

I found out I'm #8 in line for the Deluxe Set pre-orders at my local Gamestop so I'm hoping I won't have any trouble securing my Wii U at launch.
I'd imagine they'll get at least 10 of each console in-store but I've got a backup pre-order on Gamestop.com with 1-day shipping so it wouldn't be the end of the world if I had to wait a few extra days.
Posted Image

#1896 ritchardf

ritchardf

add ritchardf on psn and xbox live

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 02:24 PM

You will be able to get them at Wal-Mart at launch, probably not at midnight though unless it's a 24 hour store. I'm still not convinced these will be hard to get on launch day.

Ah my friend, never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers.

#1897 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 02:25 PM

so true.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#1898 screwkick

screwkick

It's T-Shirt Time...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 02:33 PM

The Wii U release at Walmart is just a "dress rehearsal" for black Friday.

#1899 Metal Militia

Metal Militia

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 03:20 PM

Have a Deluxe model on PO at GS B&M. Called twice to see if I would be guaranteed the system at launch. Both times I was assured I would get it on launch date. Worse comes ro worse, I'll get it on their next shipment.

Yeah I also went to gamestop and asked if I was guaranteed a console at launch at if I preordered one, and they said if you preordered one you are guranteed one at launch. Crossing my fingers that everything goes OK.
Posted Image

#1900 6er

6er

XBOX, GO HOME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 03:24 PM

Which is why elections are so scary!

#1901 rockstarnati

rockstarnati

PlayStation 4 Day One Owners Club

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 04:42 PM

Nintendo Wii U Console 8GB Basic Set - White - In Stock at Amazon through Third Party Sellers - From $459 + $14.12 Shipping
Nintendo Wii U Console - Black Deluxe Set - In Stock at Amazon through Third Party Sellers - From $593 + $3.99 Shipping

I can see standing outside in the cold for hours, though that's not for me. But I can't see paying a penny more than MSRP.

PSN: rockstarnati | XBL: rockstarnati

Check out this thread to get an Xbox One or $480 cash/gift card for FREE! This is 100% legit!

The more CAGs who do it, the more CAGs who get free Xbox Ones, cash or gift cards!!!

Here. Have another! FREE Wii U or $350 cash!

But wait, there's moreFREE PS Vita or $300 cash!

And more still! FREE iPad Mini or $430 cash!

#1902 GBH

GBH

Posted 30 September 2012 - 04:50 PM

I would think about preordering if it was 250 for the deluxe set. But since i don't have anyone here that would play mario with me i wouldn't even consider buying the system.
I Didn't Mean To

#1903 drakma676

drakma676

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 05:18 PM

Going to be at best buy that Saturday morning at 8 waiting in line. Even though I got a preorder down don't want to take a chance not getting one.

#1904 voidedx

voidedx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 06:13 PM

I'm wondering if you can return the 2 games back to TRU for a refund. I know it's a bundle but

In that situation, you will probably be offered store credit.
[URL="http://www.lusogamer.com/profile/live?gamertag=SpaceNinjaDino"]Posted Image[/URL]

#1905 b3b0p

b3b0p

Where's r0ckst34dy?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 06:31 PM

nintendo releases are typically on sundays

Exactly.

#1906 juanawoman

juanawoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 09:18 PM

Guess I'm SOL on getting a preorder for Wii U?
Posted ImagePosted Image

#1907 LoveDragonDon

LoveDragonDon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 10:09 PM

what else can you watch on the gamepad?

huh?

#1908 K1NG J0RDAN

K1NG J0RDAN

I Am The One Who KNOCKS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 11:06 PM

Going to be at best buy that Saturday morning at 8 waiting in line. Even though I got a preorder down don't want to take a chance not getting one.

This worries me too. I have my deluxe pre-ordered at BB and when I asked the guy about it, he said I was guaranteed a console at launch and also that the day I was there they "just started" taking pre-orders. I'll be off from work at launch so I'm still debating if I should camp out a bit... lol
Posted Image

Hardcore Gamer :D

#1909 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 11:29 PM

This worries me too. I have my deluxe pre-ordered at BB and when I asked the guy about it, he said I was guaranteed a console at launch and also that the day I was there they "just started" taking pre-orders. I'll be off from work at launch so I'm still debating if I should camp out a bit... lol

I plan on going early the morning of and scoping it out. My BB isn't a huge one though, so I imagine I should be okay. More popular locations may be fucked though.

If all of the GS rumors are true (that a preorder is as good as gold), then I'm not too worried. I'd prefer a BB console (because it'll be cheaper for me thanks to $150 in RZ Certs), I just want one. I'm not picky.

#1910 Budkin

Budkin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 11:55 PM

This is the first time since the PS2 that I'm not getting a console on launch day and it's painful. I just flat out can't afford it this year. I paid off my ridiculous credit card debt and I've vowed not to use them again. I'll pick one up on the first re-stocking after Christmas though. There will be so many good games to play on other systems though that it shouldn't be too bad. I'll still be jealous of all of the rest of you though. :-P

#1911 AutoPilotOff

AutoPilotOff

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:03 AM

I found out I'm #8 in line for the Deluxe Set pre-orders at my local Gamestop so I'm hoping I won't have any trouble securing my Wii U at launch.
I'd imagine they'll get at least 10 of each console in-store but I've got a backup pre-order on Gamestop.com with 1-day shipping so it wouldn't be the end of the world if I had to wait a few extra days.

My gamestop told me they were only getting 6 preorders and I was the first person to preorder mine. Its a kind of small gamestop in the mall so maybe they get less.

#1912 sasukekun

sasukekun

Cat-Like Typing Detected

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:17 AM

There was a cut-off time that you are guaranteed one. Remember reading an email about it.

Cognitive Dissonance: Wanna join my Call of Duty 4 clan?
Me: Who are you?
Cognitive Dissonance: You ask too many questions. Never mind. You're out.

#1913 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 01:11 AM

There was a cut-off time that you are guaranteed one. Remember reading an email about it.

For Gamestop?

I got my pre-order in like 1 or 2pm on the day they announced it. So I'm hoping I'm either one of the first few, or that I'm in that time frame.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#1914 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 01:28 AM

For Gamestop?

I got my pre-order in like 1 or 2pm on the day they announced it. So I'm hoping I'm either one of the first few, or that I'm in that time frame.

Count me in with you. Did mine at 12:43PM, 9/13/12 according to my receipt. That GS is a bit popular, but I have to be good for at least top 10 status.

#1915 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 01:31 AM

Yeah, I know my store got a lot of calls about pre-ordering the Wii-U, but I seriously doubt that many could have came in the 2-3 hours after announcements (Especially since it was a school/work day)
Posted ImagePosted Image

#1916 sasukekun

sasukekun

Cat-Like Typing Detected

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 01:39 AM

For Gamestop?

Yes, it was an internal (employee) email.

You both should be fine.

#1917 drakma676

drakma676

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 01:40 AM

Does the GameStop preorder recipts have a number on top to see what number you are. I remember when I preorder my xbox360, I had a number on top. Cause the best buy recipts don't have one. So it would not matter if you preorder first or last, whoever is their first from the preorders gets the first one.

#1918 sasukekun

sasukekun

Cat-Like Typing Detected

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 01:42 AM

Does the GameStop preorder recipts have a number on top to see what number you are. I remember when I preorder my xbox360, I had a number on top. Cause the best buy recipts don't have one. So it would not matter if you preorder first or last, whoever is their first from the preorders gets the first one.

Not on the receipt, but employees can look it up.

#1919 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 01:45 AM

Yes, it was an internal (employee) email.

You both should be fine.

Thanks for the reassurance! I imagined I would be. I know others have been burned with GS and preorders, but I never have, so I'm hoping that streak continues.

#1920 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 01:47 AM

Wow, even WM is sold out now.

Looks like this'll be like the Wii all over again. I should have ordered one.

Currently playing:
:ps3: Zone of the Enders HD - :)

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related Goodies║Wantlist║