The Wii U Pre-Order Thread - $349.99/$299.99 - 11/18/12

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8921 replies to this topic

#1981 tightclaws

tightclaws

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:49 PM

Went to best buy to trade in some games and asked about the wii u preorders. He said that they cancel all preorders and it's a first come first serve. I was like wtf?

I hate Best Buy, run like crap. It's going to be an absolute nightmare.
Posted Image

#1982 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:13 PM

It should go by the time of purchase.

Assuming the store bothers to check. My concern is that when I preorder a game on-line for store pickup (which is how I ordered the WiiU), it's not the usual store pickup process for something already released where they get the e-mail early in the morning before opening and pull the merchandise. For example, on my RE6 preorder, I just got an e-mail telling me to go to the store on October 2nd, but when I got there, they had to send someone to the racks and actually pull my game off the store sales floor. If that happens with the WiiU, there are going to be a lot of people screwed by the midnight launches, employees hiding units for friends, etc...

#1983 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:16 PM

Went to best buy to trade in some games and asked about the wii u preorders. He said that they cancel all preorders and it's a first come first serve. I was like wtf?

The flying Fuck? I'm glad I preordered at GS and not best buy. That sounds like absolute ass. I feel bad for the employs scheduled for the 18th.

#1984 Davivascaino

Davivascaino

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:30 PM

do you guys really think that is true?? just because a blue shirt said taht, does not mean it is true. Mine still says in process. I called bestbuy and they said there is no such thing of cancelling.

DaviVascaino.png         Davivascaino.png

#1985 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:41 PM

wouldnt they have to notify everyone that pre-ordered that their pre-order was canceled?

#1986 CHADSTONe

CHADSTONe

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:45 PM

I'd say it's a isolated incident ;)

#1987 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 06:07 PM

Don't ever trust BB Employees when they say batshit crazy stuff like that. BB hires the most unqualified people sometimes. Also why would a national chain like BB take a huge backlash for pulling something like that? The last thing Best Buy wants is a bad rap going into the holidays. I could see canceling the last couple of orders they got (as of we ran out of stock for preorders, we can't fulfill yours).
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#1988 Youngnoble

Youngnoble

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 06:18 PM

That's what happens when you let people order as many as they want ( guy before me ordered 7). With Orders like that no wonder some stores will not be able to fulfill all there orders.

#1989 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 06:21 PM

That's why I preordered from BB and GS. I figure if one can't hold up is end, the other should be able to. Guess all this BB credit I have will go towards games/accessories or something.

#1990 6er

6er

XBOX, GO HOME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 06:26 PM

I'd say it's a isolated incident ;)

All anyone needs to do is check their CC for a hold to see if cancelled.

See what I did there?

I preordered from GS, BB, BB.com, and TRU.com. Think I'll get one on launch.

#1991 tekron

tekron

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 06:42 PM

no blacks anywhere for 350?

#1992 ps2emotions

ps2emotions

8 bit heaven

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 06:52 PM

WOW, I can't believe best buy did that I've always had good dealings with them but in this case I'm glad I went with the walmart bundle and am getting it shipped to my door even though I will have to wait a few days to get it. My wii is ready for the move.

#1993 bokiloki

bokiloki

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:19 PM

What are the chances that I'll be able to walk into a K-mart and buy the Wii U there the morning of launch??

#1994 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:21 PM

What are the chances that I'll be able to walk into a K-mart and buy the Wii U there the morning of launch??

Bring a pocket knife, large burly men, and a support sniper and you "might" beat the soccer moms and flippers

#1995 ps2emotions

ps2emotions

8 bit heaven

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:26 PM

Probably about as slim as waluigi on a diet but you never know so I say give it a shot.

#1996 Plinko

Plinko

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:28 PM

Not true.

#1997 SteveGo

SteveGo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:46 PM

Best Buy would be stupid to cancel all pre-orders. I say it's just a mis-informed employee or someone just fucking with the this guy.

That being said, I don't know how much weight a Best Buy pre-order of a Wii U does hold, and these rumors just make it seem like they're taking this process less and less serious.

#1998 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:50 PM

Best Buy would be stupid to cancel all pre-orders. I say it's just a mis-informed employee or someone just fucking with the this guy.

That being said, I don't know how much weight a Best Buy pre-order of a Wii U does hold, and these rumors just make it seem like they're taking this process less and less serious.

I really don't trust any retailer at this point. I mean unless Amazon pops out of it's magic hat and says here is Wii-U preorders I can only pray Gamestop.com is nice enough to give me one.
Posted Image

#1999 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

Toneman.org coming soon..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:55 PM

I have a feeling Amazon is just going to open the floodgates at midnight and it'll make for an interesting 3 minutes.

#2000 ProppaT

ProppaT

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:56 PM

Probably about the same chances as finding a) a K-mart that's still open and b) one with an employee in the electronics department. Unless Nintendo really crushes the market with these things, I'd imagine that K-Mart and Sears might get two of each a piece.

#2001 gpthree

gpthree

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:58 PM

They probably wont even have them out on the floor on release day.
Posted Image

#2002 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:01 PM

I have a feeling Amazon is just going to open the floodgates at midnight and it'll make for an interesting 3 minutes.

If they do it on a random night, then I think it may last a few hours because most people are not at their computers at 3 AM. Here is hoping anyway.
Posted Image

#2003 bsesb2003

bsesb2003

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:59 PM

I wonder if something is up between Amazon and Nintendo -- Amazon doesn't have the 3DS XL yet. Only available from 3rd party sellers.
[cp][/cp]

#2004 Kaiser499

Kaiser499

RPG Godfather

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 09:01 PM

Amazon had some 3DS XL not too long ago but they sold out before the day was over.

Hir7Lx6.gif

Check Out My Gaming Stream

Kaiser499.png

#2005 The Questyen

The Questyen

Wii game total at 528!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 09:13 PM

I don't understand why anyone just blindly believes what a random employee at a store tells them. There is about a hundred posts in this thread of people saying something is a fact because an employee told them.

Now Playing: Dead Space Extraction (Wii) / The Swapper (PS4)

Recently Finished:  Vessel (PS3) C- / Metroid Prime (replay) (Wii) A / The Walking Dead Season 2: Ep 4 (PS3) A-

#2006 thebytewasbit

thebytewasbit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 09:18 PM

I am quite proud of myself for resisting the temptation of buying cheap games in favor of saving up for the Wii U.

#2007 usagi

usagi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 09:45 PM

Probably about the same chances as finding a) a K-mart that's still open and b) one with an employee in the electronics department. Unless Nintendo really crushes the market with these things, I'd imagine that K-Mart and Sears might get two of each a piece.

Actually Sears might have about 10 on release day. Back when the Wii was released a week or so after my friend and I found out from an employee that they were getting a shipment one day. So we got to the store at opening, my friend bought 3 Wii to resell on ebay and I got one for my brother to keep. I think they had about 1-3 extra that we did not buy.

#2008 spmahn

spmahn

Posted 03 October 2012 - 10:04 PM

I don't understand why anyone just blindly believes what a random employee at a store tells them. There is about a hundred posts in this thread of people saying something is a fact because an employee told them.

This. Between that and "I've called Gamestop / Best Buy / Toys R Us 8 times a day every day since the moment I've pre-ordered it until today, just to make sure I'll get one on launch day". Get a grip.

#2009 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 10:20 PM

I wonder if something is up between Amazon and Nintendo -- Amazon doesn't have the 3DS XL yet. Only available from 3rd party sellers.

Lol at "yet".

#2010 screwkick

screwkick

It's T-Shirt Time...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 10:57 PM

I have a Best Buy pre order, and they haven't cancelled my Wii U.