The Wii U Pre-Order Thread - $349.99/$299.99 - 11/18/12

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8921 replies to this topic

#241 kramer0731

kramer0731

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 09:14 PM

I think the November release date may have a lot more to do with a certain game that rhymes with Flack Tops Brew

Personally I'm looking forward to Flaliens: Bolognial Sardines. That game looks great on Wii-U.
My guide trade list can be found here:

http://www.cheapassg...5&postcount=136

#242 R3DH3R0

R3DH3R0

10 Years and Counting

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 09:14 PM

Well if u were plannin on getting Nintendo World, you would be crazy not to just pick up the premium bundle obviously.... Im going to hold off until after the holidays and after March, when Monster Hunter comes out and we can see how it helped move systems.

I just wish the deluxe console came in white, all my consoles right now are black. Oh well, it's not that big of a deal.

#243 E_Man

E_Man

Classically Trained!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 09:15 PM

I just pre-ordered mine at Best Buy. Of course I'm aiming for the Deluxe set.

#244 ShadyAve

ShadyAve

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 09:16 PM

Sigh...it has been stated many times that you can use any size external memory either via USB or SD card so it doesn't matter...can we get off the "It only has X amount of GBs" argument already? :roll:

Sigh... no reason to be an ass about it. That's why i asked the question, so someone could enlighten me about it. I have no issue with Nintendo. Just was curious about the GB space. If you're going to answer the question fine, but no need for all the extra nonsense. :roll:

#245 Slight Defect

Slight Defect

Posted 13 September 2012 - 09:17 PM

Store manager also said they will be able to fulfill all pre orders they get, and will only have a total of 10 more than pre order totals by christmas. (I guess, assuming the Wii U is successful, lol)

I used to work at a Gamestop as SM, let me just tell you, incase you have not heard, that SM is full of it. He/she would say the same thing to get you to preorder ANYTHING, there is no way to know his allocation, as its not even up to him....
I was there for the 360 launch, I had to make several phone calls telling people that they were not getting their system at launch and had to wait a week, it was a BIG problem that happened all over the country, not just Gamestop, but there we were, selling preorders the same way because thats what corporate wanted......
Posted Image

#246 ghozt

ghozt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 09:17 PM

Didn't play the Wii much at all, but I'm a sucker for new gadgets I don't need. I have an old PS3 under my bed I'll likely trade in towards the Wii U to cut the cost down some. Now to build up enough trade credit to get this paper weight cheaper.

#247 Slight Defect

Slight Defect

Posted 13 September 2012 - 09:18 PM

I just wish the deluxe console came in white, all my consoles right now are black. Oh well, it's not that big of a deal.

haha ohh yeah there is THAT
Posted Image

#248 poker360

poker360

The AWD Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 09:19 PM

I used to work at a Gamestop as SM, let me just tell you, incase you have not heard, that SM is full of it. He/she would say the same thing to get you to preorder ANYTHING, there is no way to know his allocation, as its not even up to him....

Interesting. He already knew I was pre ordering it, I didn't need any reassurance or anything about it and he knows that.

splintercelll.jpg
Check out the Amazon Warehouse Deals Thread!
fss.png

#249 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 13 September 2012 - 09:20 PM

No wiimotes with this one just the gamepad...plus I think you'll probably need the gamepad for certain games like ZombieU so you wouldn't want to have to buy that separately since it will cost quite a bit.

Is the gamepad the same as the "tablet"?

#250 shadow17x

shadow17x

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 09:22 PM

Anyone else notice that Toys R Us had a release date of 12/31/12?

#251 SKEETER

SKEETER

YOU GOTTA DEAL WITH IT!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 09:23 PM

Sigh... no reason to be an ass about it. That's why i asked the question, so someone could enlighten me about it. I have no issue with Nintendo. Just was curious about the GB space. If you're going to answer the question fine, but no need for all the extra nonsense. :roll:

I didn't say anything about you having an issue with Nintendo although it's apparent that you have issues in general. I thought one would bother reading a few posts in a thread before asking questions, my mistake. :booty:

Wii U ID: SKEETER
3DS Friend Code: 2707-1609-8783 (don't forget to PM me to add you too!)

laytonobj50%

#252 daminion

daminion

Posted 13 September 2012 - 09:23 PM

The YLOD is almost assuredly inevitable on launch PS3's. You are the exception to the rule.

Then I must be another exception, my 60gb is still going strong.

#253 Slight Defect

Slight Defect

Posted 13 September 2012 - 09:24 PM

Interesting. He already knew I was pre ordering it, I didn't need any reassurance or anything about it and he knows that.

lol they are rabid dogs and was prob making damn sure u walked out with a preorder. They actually get the hours for the store to make schedules based on 2 major things: How much $$$ they made that week last year AND they average % of preorders, subs sold, and warranty's sold...
Emps who don't perform on those 3 big factors, get less hours or worse.... AGAIN, how corprate wants it..... Gamestop sees its entire staff below distract manager level as expendable, even if your the best employee they have in a store or lack in 1 of those areas, they dont care..... Their motto--- if you can't, we will find someone who can......
Posted Image

#254 SKEETER

SKEETER

YOU GOTTA DEAL WITH IT!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 09:24 PM

Is the gamepad the same as the "tablet"?

Yes

laytonobj50%

#255 Bubbamel

Bubbamel

Who ate my Reese's pieces?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 09:25 PM

I have seen them do this in the past for new releases that had confirmed dates. (In case of delays and whatnot) Amazon does the same thing some times for their new releases. You will get it on November 18.

#256 Slight Defect

Slight Defect

Posted 13 September 2012 - 09:26 PM

im sure its a place holder date that just has to be updated, we have known though since the end of Aug the date would be the 18th in Nov thanks to the leak from the PDP accessories guy at the Gamestop manager conference
Posted Image

#257 Slight Defect

Slight Defect

Posted 13 September 2012 - 09:28 PM

Then I must be another exception, my 60gb is still going strong.

Same here and everyone I know that has launch PS3's are going strong...... and they all bought about 3 360's..... sadly myself included! :cry:
Posted Image

#258 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 13 September 2012 - 09:29 PM

Okay now that I know more about this, I'm probably going to have to wait till next Christmas before I even consider the console. I don't think we know how powerful it is yet (is it going to play next gen games or just be a port machine for PS3/X360 stuff?). Also, $350 is pretty steep for a Nintendo console and with the competition releasing (presumably) much more powerful hardware next year, they'll probably price drop next holiday. At least that's how I see it. They release a year earlier than everyone else and charge a premium price while they can. Then when everyone else launches, OPPS, now they're only $249.99 just like when the original Wii launched and suddenly they look like a fucking bargain compared to the other consoles.

I'll put away my crystal ball now.

#259 Slight Defect

Slight Defect

Posted 13 September 2012 - 09:31 PM

Okay now that I know more about this, I'm probably going to have to wait till next Christmas before I even consider the console. I don't think we know how powerful it is yet (is it going to play next gen games or just be a port machine for PS3/X360 stuff?). Also, $350 is pretty steep for a Nintendo console and with the competition releasing (presumably) much more powerful hardware next year, they'll probably price drop next holiday. At least that's how I see it. They release a year earlier than everyone else and charge a premium price while they can. Then when everyone else launches, OPPS, now they're only $249.99 just like when the original Wii launched and suddenly they look like a fucking bargain compared to the other consoles.

http://kotaku.com/59...nical?tag=wii-u 8-)
Posted Image

#260 infiniteHorizon

infiniteHorizon

Posted 13 September 2012 - 09:31 PM

I'm tempted to buy one just for the potential of them going out of stock during December when people are looking for 'em as Christmas gifts, and turning a nice profit. But I feel like it's a bit of a gamble, I really don't see this being as popular as the original Wii. I suppose at the very least I should be able to get my investment back.

#261 infiniteHorizon

infiniteHorizon

Posted 13 September 2012 - 09:33 PM

I do feel the regular one should be going for $249.99 and the deluxe at $299.99, as is it seems awkward pricing for them.

#262 Slight Defect

Slight Defect

Posted 13 September 2012 - 09:34 PM

I'm tempted to buy one just for the potential of them going out of stock during December when people are looking for 'em as Christmas gifts, and turning a nice profit. But I feel like it's a bit of a gamble, I really don't see this being as popular as the original Wii. I suppose at the very least I should be able to get my investment back.

i'd be careful talking about potential "flipping" on this site, the users here really dont like that and it causes some un-needed arguments.... I should know, some of the users on THIS message board think they are gaming nobles or something, lol.
Posted Image

#263 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 13 September 2012 - 09:38 PM

I like this part...
Media: Wii U and Wii optical discs. Wii U optical discs have a 25 GB data capacity.
Wow that sure sounds like Blu Ray.

#264 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 09:40 PM

I like this part...
Media: Wii U and Wii optical discs. Wii U optical discs have a 25 GB data capacity.
Wow that sure sounds like Blu Ray.

Sure, but it's probably not compatible fully with Blu Ray playback and hopefully they did something to increase transfer speeds as Blu Ray hasn't been that good for PS3 load times.

#265 SKEETER

SKEETER

YOU GOTTA DEAL WITH IT!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 09:41 PM

Thanks for the link! As for the price, I was expecting to pay $250-$300 anyway. I'd like to think the extra $50 is for Nintendo Land which I wanted anyway (yeah, I know lol) and the extras that are included with the deluxe (Nintendo Network Premium, stands for the console and gamepad and the gamepad cradle). So it evens out for me.

laytonobj50%

#266 LazyTriangle

LazyTriangle

Bride of _____

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 09:41 PM

I for one am glad that the deluxe Wii U is black, all of my other electronic equipment in my living room is black(tv, ps3, cablebox, etc.), even the tv stand and bookshelves that they rest on are a deep brown color, so a white wiiU would stick out like sore thumb

O6d6OER.jpg

#267 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 13 September 2012 - 09:46 PM

I do feel the regular one should be going for $249.99 and the deluxe at $299.99, as is it seems awkward pricing for them.

Well, they're the only guys with a new console right now. Their competition is nothing but the old stuff so they're in a good place this year.

Here's what happens this year, all the parents watching the morning shows will see the Wii U described as Nintendo's new console that your kid's going to want for Christmas. It's the must have thing this year and it may not be in stock when you go to buy it (OH NO GOTTA GET IT FOR LITTLE JOHNY!).

Next year (I can see it already), there will be descriptions of the Xbox 3 and PS4 on TV for parents to watch, their pros and cons with people mentioning how they're the console for teens and adults and no definitive answer as to which is better. They'll be $399.99 each. They'll spend a fortune advertising them. Then the folks on TV will mention to the parents (oh and the Wii U is now 199.99 for the entry model and 249.99 for the deluxe model). Then the Wii U sales next year (especially on the 199.99 version) go sky high.

edit:
Meanwhile the PS4 and Xbox 3 are possibly sold out next year while the Wii U will have shit tons of inventory at half the price...

#268 ShadyAve

ShadyAve

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 09:46 PM

I didn't say anything about you having an issue with Nintendo although it's apparent that you have issues in general. I thought one would bother reading a few posts in a thread before asking questions, my mistake. :booty:

Not reading other peoples comments means i have issues? :roll: Ok champ whatever helps you sleep at night. But i wish i had read more comments from other people so i didn't have to get a d*ck response from you which wasn't necessary. I admit i was quick to pull the typing trigger if you will but there is no need for the attitude. Either answer the question like a normal person or just leave it alone.

#269 Araxen

Araxen

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 09:50 PM

11/18 is a Sunday and if you want this system on release day you'll have to goto a store. UPS/Fed Ex do not deliver on Sunday's.

#270 yokofox33

yokofox33

House Stark

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 09:56 PM

Was going to wait for Amazon, but just pre-ordered at Gamestop. 8th in line apparently.

I will definitely switch to Amazon though if/when the pre-orders are up on the site.