6076 replies to this topic

#61 reddjoey

reddjoey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2010 - 08:07 PM

Spamming the boards with this, sorry

NEW Summer of Arcade

This year, enjoy another stellar line-up: “Castlevania Harmony of Despair” (Konami Digital Entertainment), “Hydro Thunder Hurricane” (Microsoft), “Lara Croft and the Guardian of the Light” (Square Enix), “Limbo” (Microsoft) and “Monday Night Combat” (Microsoft). The third annual Summer of Arcade will kick-off in July, and will continue to bring you the best downloadable titles in the industry.
Posted Image
Feel free to add me: Just send a msg saying you are from CAG after the FR
| Xbox Deal of the Week |

#62 durden26

durden26

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2010 - 09:34 PM

Getting Shadow Complex and Castlevania. I bought Worms last week, but that announcer is so obnoxious. is there anyway to turn it off, or am I just going to have to turn the sound off completely and listen to something else?

#63 DaGrandMastah

DaGrandMastah

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2010 - 10:12 PM

Wow...awesome deals this week. I got all those games on sale back a couple of months back. Great deals.

Can't wait for next week. Definietely getting Alien Hominid. Where' the Metal Slug love though? :(
Posted ImagePosted Image

#64 Halo05

Halo05

Posted 14 June 2010 - 10:22 PM

Contra reviews I'd rather have the NES version personally.

I agree. The arcade version is a bit floaty and for most people, lacks the nostalgia of the NES port. Odd that the technically inferior version is more playable but there it is.

As many of you know, black ops 2 is plaid with bugs, lag etc which many people have been suffering including me.

plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid

#65 kburns10

kburns10

You Gots to Chill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2010 - 10:30 PM

I thought I read somewhere where Braid was dropping to 400 points. Did anyone else see this somewhere, or is my brain just hoping for thins that won't happen?

#66 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2010 - 10:33 PM

Dunno man, if Braid drops to 400, thats an insta-buy for me. Though i seriously doubt it =/. I pray it to be true though
Posted ImagePosted Image

#67 reddjoey

reddjoey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2010 - 10:35 PM

The internet has speculated 400. There's some red text to explain
Posted Image
Feel free to add me: Just send a msg saying you are from CAG after the FR
| Xbox Deal of the Week |

#68 gryphter

gryphter

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2010 - 11:53 PM

Got Shadow Complex, awaiting Braid

#69 kidrocklive

kidrocklive

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2010 - 12:01 AM

I don't understand what I'm doing wrong I want to buy shadow complex but it's showing up as 1200 pts when does this go live?

Are you signed in and a gold (not silver) member?

#70 MillerTime2523

MillerTime2523

FUN TIMES IN CLEVELAND

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2010 - 12:02 AM

So glad i checked this thread... Even happier I somehow have 970 MS points left over. Picking up Trials and Splosion man which I've been eying forever.. Probably going to get a 1600 point card after some trades at EB tomorrow and snag some other titles as well. Thanks OP!

KyrieIrvingSig1_zps17eadf84.jpg
:360: Now Playing
:360:
Fallout 3: GOTY (1100/1550), 2014 FIFA World Cup (50/1000)

#71 captmurphy

captmurphy

Certified Artificial

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2010 - 01:07 AM

Deal of the century on Shadow Complex. Been meaning to get it ever since it came out, and now is the time.
Posted Image

#72 depascal22

depascal22

Daddy Fat Sacks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2010 - 01:47 AM

I bought Trials and Shadow Complex.

I'll check out the demo for 'Splosion Man later.

#73 Proto Man

Proto Man

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2010 - 01:48 AM

Picked up Splosion Man and MvC2, and considering Trials. Shadow Complex is amazing.

#74 mightymek

mightymek

Welcome to the Gutter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2010 - 03:01 AM

Ok. Made my decision and picked up Shadow Complex, Trials HD, and 'Splosion Man. Awesome deals. Thanks for the heads-up, OP.

13374.png

Scars of Life is back in 2013. As heard on the UFC!
New album A HEART STILL BEATS is out now!  Be sure to check us out on iTunes: http://itunes.apple....-life/id6136926

#75 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2010 - 03:08 AM

Got Shadow Complex and Splosion Man.

Tried the Trials HD trial and wasn't really feeling it. Vehicles in general have never been my thing, and I don't like the side camera angle.

#76 2supekards

2supekards

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2010 - 03:14 AM

Got Shadow Complex and Trials HD
Already have splosion man - great game.

What about the deals on the 16th? Thinking about getting mtg planeswalkers or whatever, anything else worth while?

#77 V878

V878

Let's hug it out

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2010 - 03:14 AM

Ugh, completely slipped my mind these deals are Gold only. Shadow Complex seemed like an absolute steal for that price.

#78 topplehat

topplehat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2010 - 03:18 AM

Bummer that they are Gold only.

#79 Reck_Havoc

Reck_Havoc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2010 - 03:20 AM

Just bought both Shadow Complex and Trials HD, both games for $14 is awesome.

#80 BrolyB593

BrolyB593

I'm Cheap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2010 - 05:17 AM

New trailer for the Summer of Arcade titles. They all are looking pretty good. If they have a promo similar to last year I will probably end up getting all of them.

#81 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2010 - 06:04 AM

Man O_O, that camera angle on Castlevania is gonna be hard to get used to. (I pray it isnt THAT zoomed out, or its gonna take alot of squinting to play some of those huge bosses)

Gonna be an epic summer though, only game i dont have much interest in is Limbo. Gonna insta-buy Castlevania and Monday Night Combat
Posted ImagePosted Image

#82 Destromas

Destromas

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2010 - 07:36 AM

OP, Puzzle Quest 2 was slated for June 23rd I think!

#83 rapsodist

rapsodist

My Heart Is a 16-Bit Chip

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2010 - 08:29 AM

I wonder why Banjo Kazooie doesn't get a sale.

#84 mtxbass1

mtxbass1

This space for rent.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2010 - 11:54 AM

It's hard to get excited about this years summer of arcade lineup. Castlevania interests me, but it looks pretty terrible. I hope that's just poor video quality...

#85 Rodster

Rodster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2010 - 12:06 PM

I bought Splosion Man and glad I did. That game is crazy fun. :)

I then went to buy Alien Hominid and to my surprise it said I had already bought the game which I never recall doing because I found the game too difficult but since it said I had purchased it I downloaded the game. I can't figure out how I was gifted a free game. :-?

#86 lordopus99

lordopus99

Training for the silver

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2010 - 12:57 PM

I look forward to Limbo. I agree Castlevania's view is way too far back; That could be a deal breaker for me. Tomb Raider looks like it would be fun for the multiplayer. The other two games I could care less about.

#87 Vortextk

Vortextk

Posted 15 June 2010 - 01:26 PM

I thought zooming in castlevania was an optional thing. Not sure if it's as you explored you could go out or just from the start. It's co-op and features an almost roguelike experience. You have a time limit to find and kill the boss, fail by either dieing or running out of time, and you have to restart it. It seems like there isn't experience or levels but you do gain money/items and that stuff all stays between replaying the level(not sure if it's persistent though).

I thought I read this on ign, so check their site for a hands on preview.

#88 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2010 - 01:29 PM

IGN's Castlevania HoD preview

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Phone Central, iMore, and Android Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

#89 adamones

adamones

Super Dynamic!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2010 - 01:32 PM

Bummer I want to buy Perfect Dark at a discount!

#90 INMATEofARKHAM

INMATEofARKHAM

Looking for my padded cell

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2010 - 03:55 PM

I look forward to Limbo. I agree Castlevania's view is way too far back; That could be a deal breaker for me. Tomb Raider looks like it would be fun for the multiplayer. The other two games I could care less about.

That's probably me to a tee... Limbo? Yes. Castlevania? If the view is optional.

Not sure about Tomb Raider. I do not like what SE has done to such a historic franchise/character within there first year of owning the rights so I sort of hate to support it. At the same time supporting it will probably do the franchise more good than not. (and they talk of a full retail game too and not just this XBLA game.)

Hydro Thunder; loved the DC version. If the demo is solid and the price is right I'll bite.

Monday Night Combat; Likely the same as HT...

So, if the pricing is right, the demos play well, and MS puts on a good promotion I could see myself buying all of them during the summer.