Live DoTW Deadliest Warrior | READ OP FOR MORE

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6076 replies to this topic

#91 sippycupz

sippycupz

You spoony bard!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2010 - 06:01 PM

I'm in for Shadow Complex, the demo was really cool. I'm iffy on Splosion Man... the demo is very fun, but it seems like it could get repetitive, and if it's as difficult as people say it is, I might opt for another 400 pt. game out there. Any suggestions?
Posted Image

#92 playing mantis

playing mantis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2010 - 09:13 PM

I'm in for Shadow Complex, the demo was really cool. I'm iffy on Splosion Man... the demo is very fun, but it seems like it could get repetitive, and if it's as difficult as people say it is, I might opt for another 400 pt. game out there. Any suggestions?

Just buy Splosion Man, it's only 400 pts...One of the best games in this sale. They keep things pretty interesting as you go, and there are 50 single player and 50 multiplayer levels. The last boss/ending is worth the $5 just by itself.

Plus, there will be free DLC for Splosion Man in Comic Jumper.
Posted Image

#93 Moltres423

Moltres423

Not easy being meaty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2010 - 09:14 PM

What happens on the 16th exactly? A one-day sale?

Edit: I think I get it... June 16th-22nd has games X while the week of June 14th has games Y and they just so happen to coincide with each other...

Going to go for Alien Hominid and Banjo Tooie, been waiting for those

#94 Jackie Chandler

Jackie Chandler

Jamanandayo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2010 - 09:23 PM

I'm pumped for Castlevania and Hydro Thunder. They'll be day-one buys for me. :D

#95 TeamUnderdog

TeamUnderdog

It's Not a Deal! It's a Steal!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2010 - 09:38 PM

Picking up Splosion Man, thanks for the feedback.

Edited by TeamUnderdog, 15 June 2010 - 10:13 PM.

card.png
453976.png

#96 reddjoey

reddjoey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2010 - 10:02 PM

Looks like I need to add new questions to the FAQ

EDIT: I adjust the dates to address the confusion of overlapping sales

Edited by reddjoey, 15 June 2010 - 10:23 PM.

Posted Image
Feel free to add me: Just send a msg saying you are from CAG after the FR
| Xbox Deal of the Week |

#97 jab1235

jab1235

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2010 - 10:17 PM

yes!!! i wanted banjo tooie so bad, was about to buy it today for 1200, but now i don't have to!

#98 Draken Zero

Draken Zero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2010 - 12:31 AM

I recommend Magic the Gathering for anyone thats on the fence. Very addicting and like the only game I still play after completing all the achievements - TCGs just fit the casual pick up and play arcade setting so perfectly.

#99 FasterTTW

FasterTTW

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2010 - 02:26 AM

So I realize this was addressed in the second post, but whats the story on the 48hr codes? The one I have here very clearly says it entitles you to Gold only discounts. And alas, as it says in the 2nd post.. no dice.

"XBL 48hr trial allows access to online multiplayer gaming, Netflix, Photo Party, free game demos, exclusive discounts, promotions and video content."

bah.

#100 reddjoey

reddjoey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2010 - 02:51 AM

So I realize this was addressed in the second post, but whats the story on the 48hr codes? The one I have here very clearly says it entitles you to Gold only discounts. And alas, as it says in the 2nd post.. no dice.

"XBL 48hr trial allows access to online multiplayer gaming, Netflix, Photo Party, free game demos, exclusive discounts, promotions and video content."

bah.

You are welcome to try it, but it has not worked yet. Perhaps a misprint/oversight?

EDIT: Maybe MS changed the rules or use new codes. Your best best is to contact @XboxSupport on Twitter if you want an "official" answer

Edited by reddjoey, 16 June 2010 - 07:51 AM.

Posted Image

#101 reddjoey

reddjoey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2010 - 07:52 AM

Update to the post might come a bit late, so I went ahead and adjusted the title based on the current info. As usual the deals should go live around 11am. I won't be able to update till around 11:30am EST. Let's try to keep this thread on the front page to prevent 200 threads of, "X game is y points OMG!!"
Posted Image

#102 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2010 - 08:00 AM

Dang :(, i was hoping the prices would have shifted with the regular update. Whatever though, gives me a chance to run out and grab a MS point card
Posted ImagePosted Image

#103 jab1235

jab1235

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2010 - 08:05 AM

i thought a kingdom for keflings was fun for a few mindless hors of fun, maybe worth the 400 if your into those kind of games but try the demo first.

any other games worth the points?

#104 the4thnobleman

the4thnobleman

Helpdesk Wookiee

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2010 - 10:36 AM

Banjo-tooie is worth it IMO.

I'm also picking up Vandal Hearts but that isn't for everyone.

ReArmed! Get it for that price. Awesome title!

I'll likely pick up Crystal Defenders for that price.

There's very little outside of Braid that isn't worth the value of the dropped price. If anything, pick up demos of all of them and see if ya like them. Try before you buy is always awesome!

TMNT original is also worth 240pts. Avatar crap goes for more than that!

#105 hostyl1

hostyl1

Can do this all day

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2010 - 12:30 PM

As of 8:30 EDT I am seeing the prices listed in the OP via xbox.com so I guess the deals are now live. Also note, I am a Silver member and can see the prices so the deals should be good for all. (I already have Braid though so I cant tell what price it is currently selling at).
Posted Image

#106 FasterTTW

FasterTTW

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2010 - 12:43 PM

As of 8:30 EDT I am seeing the prices listed in the OP via xbox.com so I guess the deals are now live. Also note, I am a Silver member and can see the prices so the deals should be good for all. (I already have Braid though so I cant tell what price it is currently selling at).

Silver here also and not seeing those prices. Weird.

#107 Yannie Boy

Yannie Boy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2010 - 12:54 PM

8:52 EST here and finding some games on sale like posted in the OP and some games still at full price. Bomberman and Crystal Defenders for instance were the 2 I randomly checked this morning. Just gotta wait till 11 am I guess.

Yannie+Boy.png

fs_lastplayed.png

#108 gryphter

gryphter

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2010 - 12:56 PM

Braid is showing up as 800 points for me

#109 PJSkiboy

PJSkiboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2010 - 01:04 PM

Checked the prices before I left for work about 30 minutes ago and it seemed like most of the titles were still listed at full price.

#110 chimpster1313

chimpster1313

Cleveland Sports Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2010 - 01:12 PM

Just got on and under the game marketplace header there is an Arcade Blowout clickable, and it has all the games at all the prices, so it should be live on your consoles now. I'm a gold member, btw. Also, nabbed Trials HD and Bomberman Live. Good sale.
Posted Image

#111 youenvy

youenvy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2010 - 01:19 PM

I recommend Magic the Gathering for anyone thats on the fence. Very addicting and like the only game I still play after completing all the achievements - TCGs just fit the casual pick up and play arcade setting so perfectly.

warning-you might get a bit addicted.

#112 daminion

daminion

Posted 16 June 2010 - 01:33 PM

Sounds like your son would have fared well in the NES era. I gave up on 'Splosion Man during the demo, knowing immediately how frustratingly difficult the game would be.

You should get him Trials HD if you haven't already.

He's just crazy to watch. Fearless. He's a huge Mario fan, having beat Sunshine when he was 5 and then Galaxy 100% (+ 100% w/Luigi) and then destroyed Galaxy 2 in a week @ 100%. Makes his gamer dad proud.

#113 rhenzhen

rhenzhen

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2010 - 01:59 PM

Just bought -Bionic Commando Rearmed - 400 Microsoft Points

Still looking for decent games. My 4,000 MS points just arrived yesterday. Already bought. Trial HD, 'Splotion Man...
Posted Image

#114 LeoDude

LeoDude

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2010 - 01:59 PM

Well, I'm currently Silver and I just bought Bionic Commando: Rearmed for 400 points.

Edit: Ah, too slow! Anyway, I'm down to 720 points which is definitely an inconvenience.

#115 lilman

lilman

Posted 16 June 2010 - 02:00 PM

Picked up Peggle last week during the sale. I had tried the demo before but couldn't understand why people are so addicted to this game, so I figured if I played more of the full game I could figure it out. Started playing full game, still didn't get it. Beat the first couple of level packs, still didn't get it. By the 7th or so level pack I finally got it! Great game, was well worth the 400pts.

Just grabbed Kingdom for Keflings. For 400pts it should make for a nice relaxing title.

I already have a lot of the games on sale this week and would recommend the following:
N+ (my favorite xbla title... if you're thinking about getting Splosion Man but don't have N+, get N+ instead)
Shadow Complex (if you like Metroid, get this)
Castlevania SOTN (again if you like Metroid, get this)
Banjo Tooie (I still like Banjo Kazooie better, but Banjo Tooie is great and has a lot of content)
Trials HD (warning: gets extremely difficult)
Bionic Commando Rearmed (warning: gets kinda difficult)

#116 Doomtime

Doomtime

Victor von Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2010 - 02:03 PM

warning-you might get a bit addicted.

That's what I'm afraid of.

CAGFL: (187-31)

#117 CaptainJoel

CaptainJoel

Captain fuckin' Marvel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2010 - 02:07 PM

I have 800 points and am getting Splosion Man, what should I get with the other 400?

#118 zeb06

zeb06

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2010 - 02:07 PM

Yeah the inventory sale is on the dashboard now...it appears as if Braid is not actually a part of this sale, oh well.

Veign06.jpg       76561198006310375.png

Free iTunes and Amazon credit -- http://m.freemyapps....re/url/c1b61416

#119 gryphter

gryphter

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2010 - 02:10 PM

Yeah the inventory sale is on the dashboard now...it appears as if Braid is not actually a part of this sale, oh well.

ah dang it. Braid was the other game I was going to get, but if it's not on sale then I can wait til I actually have the time to play it before buying

#120 Bonesinski

Bonesinski

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2010 - 02:25 PM

Pick up Shadow Complex if you haven't yet! Good Price.

I'm getting Magic the Gathering - missed out on it back in January but played the demo a bunch, love it, and have been patiently waiting for it to go on sale again!

Crystal Defenders will be mine as well. FF themed tower defense? What's not to like? Demo was fun too.