CAGcast #202: The E3 2010 Not So Limited Collector's Edition

• Please log in to reply
353 replies to this topic

#331 maximus101

maximus101

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2010 - 03:25 AM

Well I think we all know what the next show is going to be like...

There'll be no bad blood, Wombat will get some half-assed apology by Cheapy, they'll laugh at how the thread is filled with comments about how much of an asshole he is and cheapy will comment how he does like Wombat and he was just commenting and didn't mean it in a bad way. Then the show will continue as usual and Cheapy will continue being his assholeish way for another 100 episodes.

Sadly this is what I think will happen as well. I think the only reason Cheapy will apologize is because 99.9 percent of CAG believe he came across like an insensitive asshole and his apology will be half assed.
I'm quite shocked he has not apologized in this thread as of yet. Shipwreck apologized on the first page and seemed genuinely sorry for his actions.

Cheapy for once, think about someone else besides yourself.

#332 Microshock

Microshock

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2010 - 05:11 AM

I can already predict what CheapyD will say.

CheapyD: The thing is, I didn't mean to offend you Wombat, i was just poking fun at you. And you didn't take it seriously, did you? But hey, you're my friend and I'M SORRAY if i offended you. Eat off my plate all you want. *laughs*
Transformers: Dark of the Moon - July 1, 2011 (was AWESOME)
STEAM- Microshocky Origin/Battlelog Microshock

#333 bardiya27

bardiya27

CAGausaurus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2010 - 05:20 AM

Kind of funny how the contest winners' posts will contain CheapyD bashing.

To everyone telling Wombat to grow a thicker skin, well he did a lot better than I expected, I would have just the show midway through. The fact that he stuck out until the end says a lot about the guy's character.

Posted Image

#334 typo

typo

Posted 29 June 2010 - 05:39 AM

wow GG cheapy...

lets beat on wombat more yay.... -.-

#335 lokizz

lokizz

Go $$$$ Yourself

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2010 - 07:15 AM

Something you guys should talk about? What about why Cheapy is such a dick. The whole "I live in japan, in a rich apartment, oooo Tokyo Tower.. oh I smoke pot and try to act like Stern" is getting old. A lot of us are upset because of the last show. At least you apologized, but Cheapy.. he's to good for that. Oh, wait he did post some lame little one line on twitter. WTF?

I stopped listening for awhile but then when Ship came on I started up. I don't have a lot of love for Wombat, but what Cheapy did was retarded.. just planing drooling, hateful, helmet wearing retarded. I'm sure we are going to get some lame excuse and how Cheapy didn't mean it, or the best is when Cheapy doesn't think he did anything wrong. Shave those dame eye brows and open your eyes Cheapy.. Stop trying to be Stern! What you don't have an original thought? You have to leech off other people. For all the times I didn't agree with Wombat at least he was being himself, and i can respect that. All Cheapy does is leech off people, Wombat, Shipwreck, and us the mindless masses that use this site which makes him money.

I say no more! No more links, I'll buy right from the companies' sites..

Post "Cheapy's a Dick" if you agreeā€¦

speaking about howard stern didnt cheapy get jealous of wombat that time they went on his show? as i recall womat stepped up and talked and joked with the people while cheapy froze up like a whore at a baptism. and he plugged their show and site while cheapy forgot.

#336 wayno187

wayno187

Posted 29 June 2010 - 12:09 PM

Cheapy rules! Everybody needs to change their tampon and quit crying!

BTW - During cheapy's appearance on Stern, he behaved accordingly. Howard doesn't usually tolerate that crap from "sit-in" guests. He actually made a joke about stewart needing to keep it down so he could finish the show, because he kept butting in. It turned out well, but I'm sure Cheapy was rolling his eyes at the time.

Edited by wayno187, 29 June 2010 - 12:21 PM.

Posted Image

#337 blacksanta87

blacksanta87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2010 - 01:37 PM

LOL, I knew it, look at everyone kissing wombat's ass. I'll be honest, I got a hard-on listening to cheapy and shipwreck bash on wombat. seriously... if that really hurt your feelings wombat, then you haven't seen tragedy in your life. I can tell that your the kind of person that I wouldn't get along with, and the reality of the situation, is that shipwreck and cheapy feel the same way. Nobody likes a smart ass, and nobody likes a nag. Wombat your both of those things. You really should have taken a puff when cheapy offered at E3. It might have opened some perspective on your life. Oh well, be misserable. (time to lube up and listen to wombat get roasted again, oh how I love it.)

#338 butaneko

butaneko

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2010 - 02:03 PM

Still only 2/3rds thru the podcast but I must say Cheapy and Ship teaming up and calling out Wombat's annoying quirks and eventually stomping on Wombat's heart was pretty hilarious. Also during the E3 segment Cheapy's primary mood seemed to be: "Oh my god, what am I doing in the room with these dorks?"

#339 wayno187

wayno187

Posted 29 June 2010 - 03:02 PM

LOL, I knew it, look at everyone kissing wombat's ass. I'll be honest, I got a hard-on listening to cheapy and shipwreck bash on wombat. seriously... if that really hurt your feelings wombat, then you haven't seen tragedy in your life. I can tell that your the kind of person that I wouldn't get along with, and the reality of the situation, is that shipwreck and cheapy feel the same way. Nobody likes a smart ass, and nobody likes a nag. Wombat your both of those things. You really should have taken a puff when cheapy offered at E3. It might have opened some perspective on your life. Oh well, be misserable. (time to lube up and listen to wombat get roasted again, oh how I love it.)

Unfortunately, now Cheapy and Ship will feel guilted into being nice to him. I think thats how we ended up with "Wombat's News and Stuff", because Wombat was whining about not having enough spotlight on the show and Cheapy felt bad. I hope this doesn't mean were gonna have to put up w/ even more Wombat.
Posted Image

#340 Denzalo

Denzalo

The Stampede

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2010 - 04:06 PM

First time I've listened to a CAGCast.. and probably the last. Thanks for the complete disappointment.

Cheapy - "Did I smoke more weed this year or last year?"

No thanks.

Denzalo.png

#341 Tybee

Tybee

Rowsdower!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2010 - 05:32 PM

First time I've listened to a CAGCast.. and probably the last. Thanks for the complete disappointment.

Cheapy - "Did I smoke more weed this year or last year?"

No thanks.

To be fair, using this week's show as a barometer of CAGcast quality is kind of like flying on Sept. 11, 2001 to formulate your opinion of air travel. This was a singular disaster.

And while the show frequently strays from the topic of video games, weed is only really mentioned during E3 since that's apparently the only time Cheapy has access to it.

#342 Swoxx

Swoxx

Resident Swede

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2010 - 05:59 PM

speaking about howard stern didnt cheapy get jealous of wombat that time they went on his show? as i recall womat stepped up and talked and joked with the people while cheapy froze up like a whore at a baptism. and he plugged their show and site while cheapy forgot.

Actually the show was not plugged, only the website and it was done by cheapy, however he did seem jealous that wombat got a lot more air-time

#343 Tybee

Tybee

Rowsdower!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2010 - 06:10 PM

Actually the show was not plugged, only the website and it was done by cheapy, however he did seem jealous that wombat got a lot more air-time

Cheapy appears to be much more in awe of and respectful of celebrity in general than Wombat, probably because he not-so-secretly wishes to command that kind of awe and respect himself. Wombat seems to view famous people as just that -- people -- and treats them accordingly. Thus, actually having a conversation with Stern and jesting with Major Nelson about the "vagina clown" comment are no big deal, whereas to Cheapy such behavior is taboo. That obviously leads to some tension, especially at an event like E3 where they would regularly be coming into contact with celebrities (mostly of the Internet variety).

I tend to side with Wombat. Celebrities are just people. And in my experience, they appreciate you more and feel more respected when you treat them as such. Talk to them. Don't worship them.

#344 Swoxx

Swoxx

Resident Swede

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2010 - 06:18 PM

Cheapy appears to be much more in awe of and respectful of celebrity in general than Wombat, probably because he not-so-secretly wishes to command that kind of awe and respect himself. Wombat seems to view famous people as just that -- people -- and treats them accordingly. Thus, actually having a conversation with Stern and jesting with Major Nelson about the "vagina clown" comment are no big deal, whereas to Cheapy such behavior is taboo. That obviously leads to some tension, especially at an event like E3 where they would regularly be coming into contact with celebrities (mostly of the Internet variety).

I tend to side with Wombat. Celebrities are just people. And in my experience, they appreciate you more and feel more respected when you treat them as such. Talk to them. Don't worship them.

Agreed, sir

#345 Fjordson

Fjordson

Posted 29 June 2010 - 06:47 PM

Truth. Reject false idols.

#346 encendido5

encendido5

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2010 - 07:31 PM

Wow, so Wombat makes a sacrifice to attend E3, leaving all his work responsibilities and you guys just treat him like crap. It started off with some small jabs from Cheapy and Ship, but Cheapy just took it to another level, not even realizing he was being a jerk. If I were Wombat, I don't know if I'd want to go again to be with my "friends".

I totally agree with Wombat about getting more than what you paid for. I think Cheapy forgot he created the site CHEAPassgamer. Why shouldn't he be able to take the free stuff, it's his first E3 and should take what he wants. It's not like he's getting a bunch of free review copies or free 360's.

fs_overall.pngiZSbQwp.gif

#347 killthemall4444

killthemall4444

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2010 - 07:40 PM

TOO HUMAN SEQUEL IS COMING. YEEEEEEEAAAAAAHHHH!

Yeah I need some confirmation from Ship and Wombat that they weren't just fucking with us with that one.

#348 atomic viking54

atomic viking54

Posted 29 June 2010 - 07:46 PM

well, the podcast was good, but seriously, nobody wants to listen to you guys plow wombat like that.

#349 Denzalo

Denzalo

The Stampede

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2010 - 09:44 PM

To be fair, using this week's show as a barometer of CAGcast quality is kind of like flying on Sept. 11, 2001 to formulate your opinion of air travel. This was a singular disaster.

And while the show frequently strays from the topic of video games, weed is only really mentioned during E3 since that's apparently the only time Cheapy has access to it.

Fair enough. I'll give them another shot this week. I guess I'm just used to the Video Games Weekly podcast that's put on by a local station + Game Informer (KFAN Video Games Weekly if anybody's interested, check it out on iTunes:bouncy:)

Denzalo.png

#350 lokizz

lokizz

Go $$$$ Yourself

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2010 - 10:39 PM

you said it way better than i could which is why when they were on stern wombat represented to the fullest. btw theyve hinted at it a few times but didnt womabt do voiceovers and stuff?

#351 canestim

canestim

Posted 30 June 2010 - 03:57 PM

I know I'm a little late to the game but wow, what a downer of a show, geez. Low blows to Wombat. I know Wombat has some quirks, who doesn't? But man, this show just went overboard on the hate and I couldn't even listen to the second half of the podcast. I have listened pretty much since the first CAGCast and this is the first time I didn't finish the episode. I see that the next CAGCast was just posted today. Hopefully Cheapy you redeemed yourself. Keep ya chin up Wombat.

#352 Tober

Tober

Posted 02 July 2010 - 12:22 AM

Wow.. just... wow. I can forgive a lot. But this was just amazingly cruel. Never EVER do anything like this again Cheapy! A lot of parts of this episode was just painful to listen to. I've listened to the next episode and it seems like Wombat is over it now, however i don't think you should ever pull shit like that again.

I love the CAGcast and i would be sad to see it end in this way so PLEASE, be nice, be friends like we all want you three to be.

#353 Heavyset

Heavyset

Posted 06 July 2010 - 04:46 AM

One of the main reasons I started following this show was the genuine sense of friendship and love of games that the two hosts shared. Lately it just seems like Cheapy can't resist reminding Wombat that he is too cool for him. I personally find Wombat to be the most entertaining personality on the show. I still love the site and like the podcast but it has gone from a day one listen, to what I listen to when I'm waiting for new shows to come out from the other gaming podcasts.....(player one, the bombcast....etc). For the record: I think Wombat would be a good addition to the player one podcast or the joystick podcast.....both of which have hosts that Wombat is friendly with. I would follow him there.

#354 FroMann

FroMann

Follow FroMann!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2011 - 11:16 PM

Fire_Thief

I think he is showing his stupidity on Joystiq comments now.