CAGcast #202: The E3 2010 Not So Limited Collector's Edition

The weird part for me was when Cheapy said "what? all I said was I didn't LOVE hanging out with him."

Um, you also said he was loud, abused the system of free swag, made fun of him when he said he enjoyed hanging with you, bitched a lot during the trip, and essentially implied that you didn't "know" Wombat, and after some time with him, didn't really like him.

Wow it went from playfull jabs to stabs well shipwreck has apologized in a audioboo and cheapyd mention it on twitter that he feels bad. This accident reminds me of the time I myself acted like a douchebag I was dating a crazy B+tch and I always used to ditch my friends just to be with them I missed many good hang outs and tournaments but like good friendships things can be patched up and friends can be friends again

Damn you guys were so harsh on wombat. He said the best thing about e3 was hanging out with you two and then he gets treated like the younger brother who wasn't invited. I expect cheapy to do stuff like that, usually I find it funny, but I was surprised that shipwreck joined in too.

The fact that CheapyD doesn't recognize that Wombat is a hypersensitive little girl pretty much proves his point about not knowing him.

However, it did strike me as an odd comment since they have an hour plus conversation 3-4 times a month.

BTW- Ironic comment of the show was Cheapy saying (paraphrase) 'sometimes I say some not-so-nice things about people on this show'

Definitely agree with the majority of the comments above.

"What do you have a strong desire to do?" -Cheapy

"Not talk to you for a little while" - Wombat

"Fly to Japan and punch you in the face"

I have a lot of "internet friends," some of which i know better then my "real life friends." Just because they aren't in a physical presence, doesn't mean they aren't friends. To bash wombat and say he isn't well known to you because you haven't been around him physically much is wrong. Over the years you have built a friendship and a bond, not only by doing the cagcast, but by talking outside of it and gaming together as well

I wouldn't be surprised if Wombat quit, but I wouldn't blame him either.

Cheapy D comes off as the type of guy who is trying to be the cool guy to me. It's like the time I met the iFanboy guys at wondercon. This is their time to be the cool kids out of all the other nerds even though them and everyone there is pretty nerdy. So they try and ignore/shun the people that are super excited (maybe overly) to be there.

I feel like this is how Cheapy is to Wombat. He feels like wombat is going to embarrass him in front of people.

Don't even get me started on the "not knowing him" comment. If after 5 years Cheapy doesn't feel he knows wombat then it his own fault for not giving a damn to know him better. Just shows how much he values Wombat

Wombat gets pooped on from time to time by Cheapy but there's some sprinkles peppered in the poop, this time Wombat was just straight up pooped on sprinkles aside.... I think Cheapy just said a little to much out loud and didn't really know what he was saying completely. If he hated Wombat he could just tell him to fuck off or to eat a sink but he tried to express his feeling on things that bugged him and came off as an expert level 100 Bag Of Douche.

I don't feel like typing a blog here so I'm gonna stop now. I just hope all is good after this show, it would suck to see friendships ruined over bull shit :cry:

Sounds like Wombat has a couple odd things about his personality, I and a lot of my friends have the same and we as friends point out each others flaws and make fun of them. I don't know about you guys, but since my childhood, my friends and I, in any circle, have always talked shit back and forth, call it immature, but its all in good fun. Get your balls out of your wife's purse and get over the silly rantings. If this is Wombat's last show(which I doubt) then maybe we can stop hearing "this is the last time we will talk about that". As for Cheapy's comments about not knowing Wombat all that well, obviously some of the things he learned about him this week stood out enough for Cheapy to comment.

I found the bashing the most entertaining to be honest. I mean for the first half I listen to the bitching about the move, kinect, mmo monthly charges. Which opinions are one thing but holy hell, do we have to hear the same shit for months again and again? Yes you guys don't like it, yes it is a bit pricey, but so was the consoles when they first launched. Its going to be awhile before we see some good games made for it. I really hope they make more games for hardcore gamers for the move and kinect, right now they are aiming at the casual gamer like Nintendo is.

i agree with CheapyD about Wombat it just seem that Wombat doesn't get out much and when he does he act like a little hyper boy and all CheapyD is saying is Calm the fuck Down. i also hate it when people i barely know stick their fingers in my food to take something, its like just ask me and i would of handed you some.

Wombat just learn to stop being annoying

Poor Wombat.

Cheapy and Ship should have quit while they were ahead, what started out as just poking fun and having a laugh spiraled out of control. Some things just shouldn't be said out loud. I think you owe a lot of your success to Wombat, Cheapy, and you sure as hell didn't show your gratitude in this podcast.

You questioned the quality of last weeks podcast and chose not to post it, I question the quality of this weeks.

Yikes, this CAGcast was hard to listen to.
It reminded me of watching Cops where the husband beats his wife, and then tells her there is nobody like her, that he loves her and he doesn't know what he'd do without her. It was that kind of trainwreck.
Cheapy definitely came off as a bully.

[quote name='kingkiller33']Wow, can't wait to hear this after work, and hear what went down. In fairnes, Wombat has ripped on Shipwreck quite a bit, but this sounds way out of line.[/QUOTE]

There's a big difference between making fun of someone's internet nickname (calling Shipwreck Boatcrash) or hair color, and claiming you don't know somebody you've talked to once a week for five years.

For true, if Wombat walks, I don't think I can keep listening. Cheapy is the host, Shipwreck is the brains, and Wombat is the funny. To exclude one is just stupid.

Kudos to Shipwreck for being a man and admitting his faults. I'm expecting an apology from Cheapy as well, but I doubt we'll receive one. You guys were assholes to him.

Oh well, these things happen. Just make-up and make a better CAGcast next time!

I honestly think Wombat took it to seriously but it was kind of clear early on he was upset with it. So it came off as rubbing salt in his wound and kicking him while he was down.

Cheapy be more sensitive to your co-host. Wombat grow thicker skin. Shipwreck set up a webcam in your bedroom so we can watch the crazy things you do in your sleep.

Mr. Wombat although you probably wont read this I just want to say " you are the BEST on the CAGCAST ". You are the main reason to the CAGcast !!! Your smart remarks are hilarious, your stories are insane , dont let something as little as that get under your skin

:D :D :D :D :D

Two things I learned from this CAGcast:

1. Shipwreck is Tyler Durden

2. CheapyD really is self-centered, who exhibits traits of social narcissism, not able to discern when his remarks will likely upset and insult, lacking the empathy to tell when a friend really is upset and insulted

Guys, the complete Move set is $50 for Move, $30 for Sub controller, and $50 for the camera, hence the question at $130 (I am MonsterMag on Twitter). The package they announce is $100 for Move/camera/game, but you still need $30 sub controller. 4 people can play on 1 Kinect, need to buy seperate Moves and sub controllers for each person.

[quote name='Conboy']Guys, the complete Move set is $50 for Move, $30 for Sub controller, and $50 for the camera, hence the question at $130 (I am MonsterMag on Twitter). The package they announce is $100 for Move/camera/game, but you still need $30 sub controller. 4 people can play on 1 Kinect, need to buy seperate Moves and sub controllers for each person.[/QUOTE]

yeah but I cant name a single Kinect/Natal game that looks decent . also I dont want to dance infront of a camera to play a game :D

[quote name='ShinAkumA21']i agree with CheapyD about Wombat it just seem that Wombat doesn't get out much and when he does he act like a little hyper boy and all CheapyD is saying is Calm the fuck Down. i also hate it when people i barely know stick their fingers in my food to take something, its like just ask me and i would of handed you some.

Wombat just learn to stop being annoying[/QUOTE]

I think it was obvious that it was a business trip for Cheapy and Shipwreck and a vacation for Wombat.

ouch damn man that last bit had me cringing. on one side i get why you all were ragging on him because if he did that sort of stuff id be offput too but id say something to him straight up so that way you can nip it in the bud before it gets worse.

that said cheapy and shipwreck you both came off like assholes ganging up on him like that. keep that to yourselves dont go out of your way to make him look like shit in front of everyone on cag and air out dirty laundry. yeah i get it its all in jest but its like a bird getting pecked to death by other birds. kinda gives you an idea of what he must have gone through being there with you all.

i realize you paid for them to be there and all cheapy but you need to go above and beyond to make up for shitting on wombat on the cagcast because fuck man when im defending him you know you did wrong.

its like that whole saying in every joke theres a nugget of truth so cheapy you basically told everyone what you really think of wombat and you came off like you could care less.

sorry you had to learn the truth about your relationship with him like that womabat but that said dont quit the show. youre as important to it as he is.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='usickenme']I think it was obvious that it was a business trip for Cheapy and Shipwreck and a vacation for Wombat.[/QUOTE]

except for the fact that there was ZERO business. E3 is a conference for developers to display new tech to an already over inflated enthusiast market. The ones there for business are there to cover every nook and cranny to their readership.

Sure, different sites probably handle themselves in a different fashion, but this is cheap ass gamer we're talking about. They weren't covering everything as hardcore as other sites. Cheapy probably walked around stoned the whole time, and many sites probably wouldn't even think of doing that.

[quote name='usickenme']I think it was obvious that it was a business trip for Cheapy and Shipwreck and a vacation for Wombat.[/QUOTE]

That's why CheapyD was smoking weed at this, and last year's E3.

Wombat-

Hey, I love 'ya, man, but you gotta grow a freakin' pair of balls. That "I'm hurt" shit may work on your wife, but on the CagCast it just makes you look like a vagina clown.

You're supposed to be the one schoolin' everyone else in witty retorts. It's part of your damn job description. Get to it. Remember, we love you. fuck that bald guy.

Have you never heard the CAGcast before?

Cheapy repeatedly says he goes for a vacation. Honestly CAG has no business being at E3 to begin with. I'm glad they get to go, and the E3 shows are typically good and funny but none of them are there for business.

[quote name='basston3s']except for the fact that there was ZERO business. They weren't closing any deals. E3 is a conference for developers to display new tech to an already over inflated enthusiast market.][/QUOTE]

I wouldn't say Zero. CAG is Cheapy's business. They reported on the show via twitter and CAGcast and will use the information in future CAGcast. They also had a CAG gathering. Both of which build the brand, which increases site membership which puts $$ in Cheapy's pocket.

If they were going just for fun, there wouldn't be any coverage at all. Y'all are wrong and don't seem to understand how the new economy works.

Additionally, when the dude smoking weed tells you that you need to be more professional, that should show you something.

Last edited by a moderator:
The real scandal here was the lack of Super Programmer John mentions. I guess I need to get some new shit uploaded on the site first...

Yep a business trip where Cheapy smokes a bunch of weed. All of my business trips are like this too it is pretty common in the business world to smoke large amounts of pot.

I just don't understand why this is such a big deal....Wombat has bashed on Cheapy and Shipwreck before and has come off as a complete ass at times, yet when it is done to him, he is all butt-hurt. While Cheapy and Ship did come off as harsh, this type of stuff happens and Wombat just needs to get over it...they tried to apologize and if he doesn't want to accept it, then fine...
While I think that the Cagcast would be different if/when the trio splits up, it is not like the world will stop and video games will cease to exist.

I always love the cag + the cagcast and I always will be cheapy how could you treat Wombat they way you did this week?
Seriously he has done nothing to deserve this you should apologize AGAIN this/next cagcast and really mean it!

Wambat sometimes people are harsh and you should irnore them for it please do not leave us or the cagcast, cheapy should know better Wambat is an essential part of CAG + the Cagcast and a valuble asset to it.

The cast itself was great this week but please just keep the chemistry of you 3 going and be a little bit nicer for each other.

[quote name='usickenme']I wouldn't say Zero. CAG is Cheapy's business. They reported on the show via twitter and CAGcast and will use the information in future CAGcast. They also had a CAG gathering. Both of which build the brand, which increases site membership which puts $$ in Cheapy's pocket.

If they were going just for fun, there wouldn't be any coverage at all. Y'all are wrong and don't seem to understand how the new economy works.

Sure fun was to be had but even Cheapy himself basically said Wombat should be more professional.[/QUOTE]

I can agree that Wombat is annoying and that may have sparked Cheapy's criticisms, but there was nothing professional about the way he address the issues of "professionalism."

Cheapy allways says he goes there to smoke weed, buy clothes, play games and get some human interaction. What "business" is Cheapy doing at E3?

[quote name='C.A. Fuzzy Nutz']I just don't understand why this is such a big deal....Wombat has bashed on Cheapy and Shipwreck before and has come off as a complete ass at times, yet when it is done to him, he is all butt-hurt. While Cheapy and Ship did come off as harsh, this type of stuff happens and Wombat just needs to get over it...they tried to apologize and if he doesn't want to accept it, then fine...
While I think that the Cagcast would be different if/when the trio splits up, it is not like the world will stop and video games will cease to exist.[/QUOTE]

so if youve known someone for years and then they tell everyone online that you barely know them and then proceed to run down a list of things said person did that they didnt like about you and then to go even further laugh about how that persons feelings have clearly been hurt by what you said you dont see the big deal?

i dont know how much time theyve spent together in person or online chatting or gaming but as far as i could tell they were really great friends but in one cagcast cheapy basically told everyone they arent.

which is kinda odd since he whines so much about how lonely he is in japan maybe now we all can see why. hes been there how long and cant be bothered to learn japanese?

long story short you dont do your friends like that. a joke is a joke but none of what was said was funny. props to shipwreck for manning up and apologizing.

[quote name='ShinAkumA21']so hanging out with a person for a couple of weeks is knowing them? you guys are idiots[/QUOTE]

They've spoken over skype for around 300 hours for the podcast, I'd say they know each other pretty well.

[quote name='ShinAkumA21']so hanging out with a person for a couple of weeks is knowing them? you guys are idiots[/QUOTE]

So you've never gotten to know ANYTHING about ANYONE over the phone, texts, or IMs? Really? You're an idiot.

Edit: And if you say you haven't, you're full of shit, because you somehow discerned from this thread alone that we are idiots. Nice job, Sparky.

[quote name='ShinAkumA21']there a different between hanging out with someone and voice chat & texting them[/QUOTE]

What difference? Unless Cheapy and Wombat were fondling each other in a dark alley, speaking in person and speaking on the phone would convey the same information.

I see one of my best friends once every few months because he lives 5 hours away from me, but I know more about him than I know about my neighbors.
I know he's girlfriends name I know his parents hell I know he has 3 cats and a dog and I know all their names.
The amount of time seeing someone is not important to know someone inside out what is important here is that is was wrong and at least not very friendly to Wombat.

Just please don't let this be a breaking point in the cag magic that has been growing and growing on me as a listener for so many years now.

He was acting like a small child on crack embarrassing CheapyD and Shipwreck

Wombat was like those black guys at movie theaters that scream at the screen and CheapyD is there high just wanting to enjoy the flick

[quote name='ShinAkumA21']He was acting like a small child on crack embarrassing CheapyD and Shipwreck

Wombat was like those black guys at movie theaters that scream at the screen and CheapyD is there high just wanting to enjoy the flick[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but Cheapy knew that,man. He's bitched about Wombat being over the top in previous CAGCasts. So it's not like he wasn't aware of how it'd be. Cheapy can't claim ignorance in that regard.

[quote name='ShinAkumA21']He was acting like a small child on crack embarrassing CheapyD and Shipwreck

Wombat was like those black guys at movie theaters that scream at the screen and CheapyD is there high just wanting to enjoy the flick[/QUOTE]

How was E3? I mean you must have been there since you have so much insight to how Wombat was acting.

Wow wombat needs to grow up and stop the crying. that wasnt even bad.

seems wombat can dish it out but he cant take it. wombat can call shipwreck a ginger, daywalker etc. and thinks its ok and funny, yet when they poke some fun at wombat he cries like a little kid.

qq more wombat

[quote name='dizee']Wow wombat needs to grow up and stop the crying. that wasnt even bad.

seems wombat can dish it out but he cant take it. wombat can call shipwreck a ginger, daywalker etc. and thinks its ok and funny, yet when they poke some fun at wombat he cries like a little kid.

qq more wombat[/QUOTE]

QQ more? Really? That was like three years ago now.

If you can't tell the difference between a statement like "ginger" and "Daywalker" and telling someone you've known for five years that you "don't really know them." Then... I don't even know what to say to you. You're obviously not human.

Edit: Here's the difference: Wombat never seems malicious. He thinks he's funny, even when he's not. I've never heard Wombat say anything out of hate. Even when he made fun of me, I laughed. Cheapy seemed to really be shitting on him, as a person, not just someone trying to be funny.

hard to feel good about yourself when you are getting shit on by 2 people at the same time. not to mention most of that shit they already mentioned in the E3 podcast. saying it once may have been in jest, but twice is just rubbing it in.

bread's done
Back