NFL 2010-2011 Season Discussion Thread

• Please log in to reply
1919 replies to this topic

#31 Viol8tor

Viol8tor

Go Lakers!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2010 - 10:45 PM

Just noticed OP, JaxMoney is a Chargers fan AND a Laker fan.....

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#32 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2010 - 10:57 PM

I would imagine that's not too rare an occurrence in Southern California, no?

33126.png

#33 RAMSTORIA

RAMSTORIA

fate is inexorable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2010 - 11:12 PM

looks like the 49ers signed brian westbrook. 1 year deal. most likely in response to coffee retiring. should be decent if he can stay healthy, i wouldnt worry about him starting over gore, but it does raise concerns for gores fantasy value. maybe we will see more 2 back sets in the 49ers backfield.

http://sports.espn.g...tory?id=5468991

Posted Image

#34 Viol8tor

Viol8tor

Go Lakers!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2010 - 11:21 PM

I would imagine that's not too rare an occurrence in Southern California, no?

It is not that rare, but the default is still mainly to be a RAIDERS fan....but I WHOLE HEARTEDLY HATE THE FUCKEN RAIDERS.

Seriously, when i was about 13 years old my cousin took me to some Raider games at the L.A Coliseum when they where still in L.A.

It was the most "Ghetto'est" experience of my life. Fights everywhere. Raider fans vandalizing, starting small fires, trying to steal stadium speakers. W.T.F.

Once they left, with never really adopting a NFL team of my own to begin with, i followed the 49ers and Chargers. Saw the Steve Young era go against the cowboys and packers, cheered for another Cali team to win. Sadly the 49ers have now been dormant for like the past decade.

Now Chargers have been making noise, once again another Cali team that i root for.

Bandwagon fan you say? No. My allegiance will always be to the City of Los Angeles. (born and raised). Until we have our own Football team, i am not 100% devoted to any NFL franchise.

As long as that L.A team is not the Raiders again, LMAO.:twoguns:
Posted Image

#35 JaxMoney

JaxMoney

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2010 - 11:34 PM

It is not that rare, but the default is still mainly to be a RAIDERS fan....but I WHOLE HEARTEDLY HATE THE FUCKEN RAIDERS.

Seriously, when i was about 13 years old my cousin took me to some Raider games at the L.A Coliseum when they where still in L.A.

It was the most "Ghetto'est" experience of my life. Fights everywhere. Raider fans vandalizing, starting small fires, trying to steal stadium speakers. W.T.F.

Once they left, with never really adopting a NFL team of my own to begin with, i followed the 49ers and Chargers. Saw the Steve Young era go against the cowboys and packers, cheered for another Cali team to win. Sadly the 49ers have now been dormant for like the past decade.

Now Chargers have been making noise, once again another Cali team that i root for.

Bandwagon fan you say? No. My allegiance will always be to the City of Los Angeles. (born and raised). Until we have our own Football team, i am not 100% devoted to any NFL franchise.

As long as that L.A team is not the Raiders again, LMAO.:twoguns:

You and me both buddy, I'm glad I created this thread. GO BOLTS! Preaseason game #1 was awesome... Ryan Mathews #24 FTW! Let's it get this thing going baby!

And yes, I hate the Raiders. :bomb:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#36 JaxMoney

JaxMoney

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2010 - 11:36 PM

BTW, anyone get Madden 11 yet? I'm already about to platinum it... it's so easy lol.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#37 J7.

J7.

Posted 17 August 2010 - 05:41 AM

Eli Manning got messed up!

My read was that Holt wasn't likely to make the team anyway.

Maybe not. I still wish he could contribute to the team. They love his presence.

#38 ph33r m3

ph33r m3

C.A.G. Legend

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2010 - 03:44 PM

looks like the 49ers signed brian westbrook. 1 year deal. most likely in response to coffee retiring. should be decent if he can stay healthy, i wouldnt worry about him starting over gore, but it does raise concerns for gores fantasy value. maybe we will see more 2 back sets in the 49ers backfield.

http://sports.espn.g...tory?id=5468991

They want to keep Gore healthy and fresh. Makes sense, why tire one of the Top 5 RB's in the league?

Nonetheless, we aren't going anywhere with Smith as QB.
Posted Image

#39 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2010 - 04:56 PM

Denver did as well as I could've expected, which was to see the starters do well while the backups flounder since there is very little quality depth on the team. I hope the injuries are few and far between without anything severe or else they'll fall fast.

It sucks that Dave Zastudil is out for the season, as Reggie Hodges now has the punter job for the Browns and he's not that good.

#40 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2010 - 07:20 PM

Go Bucs!

*heads back to his corner*
MLIFTgM.gif

#41 keithp

keithp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2010 - 10:49 PM

Favre's coming back. Big whoop.

#42 JaxMoney

JaxMoney

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2010 - 11:38 PM

I'm so sick of Favre and his diva-ness.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#43 DomLando

DomLando

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2010 - 11:49 PM

They want to keep Gore healthy and fresh. Makes sense, why tire one of the Top 5 RB's in the league?

I been saying this since year one of the Smith era.

#44 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2010 - 03:31 PM

Posted Image

It was rumored that Eli really cut his head open in pre-game warm ups.

Posted Image
MLIFTgM.gif

#45 Kilraven

Kilraven

Mighty Meth Power!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2010 - 10:49 PM

A couple things to remember: Gore's usage was expected to drop this season - obvious reason is his injuries the past two years portend a bleak future if it continues - with Dixon getting opportunities (thought to take some playtime from Coffee anyway) and even more goalline love to Vernon. Picking up Westbrook makes a lot sense if Gore gets hurt again, this year, and misses 3 to 4 games. Westbrook still has it if he's healthy - something he's been only a few games the past two years.

Also, what makes you think Smith is starting QB? They didn't sign Carr to be a back-up and if he outplays Smith like he did during the Colts game, Smith is back on that bench.

#46 DT778

DT778

number 1 on the westside

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2010 - 09:05 AM

Just like Westbrook, Carr was signed as a backup and would not compete for the starting job. Of course if shit happens he can become the started down the road but right now there is no battle for the starting QB position.

Smith might take us to the playoffs but no way we win a championship with him.

And while we are on Niner's QBs, OC Jimmy Raye said that he wants to put in Nate Davis earlier in the next two games to get a better feel of what he has to offer.

Edited by DT778, 19 August 2010 - 09:19 AM.

#47 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2010 - 11:06 AM

Look at the bright side of this situation: If there's an NFL lockout next season, there's no way Favre can come back the following season :) I think this move makes the Vikings 2 games better, but the Packers still win the division. However I wonder how that ankle really is.
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#48 Kilraven

Kilraven

Mighty Meth Power!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2010 - 10:06 PM

Just like Westbrook, Carr was signed as a backup and would not compete for the starting job. Of course if shit happens he can become the started down the road but right now there is no battle for the starting QB position.

I've seen nowhere Singletary guaranteeing Smith has the starting job. Comfortable with him starting? Yes. Guaranteed he's got it? Nope. They signed Carr (2 years, 4 mil guaranteed) to compete for position not play back-up. You don't sign a 30 year old QB that has overall better stats than Smith (that's counting with the Texans for their first five years), and not give him a shot - forget what Yahoo! says. Not only that, Raye (I seriously can't understand how he keeps getting OC jobs) likes the deep ball and Carr can throw the deep ball, Smith can't.

#49 Viol8tor

Viol8tor

Go Lakers!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2010 - 10:28 PM

Well, I as well thought Alex Smith was going to be starting QB, after having a solid second half last year and getting the starting spot back from Shaun Hill.

I just hope Vernon Davis has another all star season and last year wasn't a fluke. He can only get better! And what about Crabtree? any news of improvement during the pre-season? Seriously, the Niners have very solid pieces, and now with a 2 punch combo of Gore and Westbrook. :D

The NFC West is there for the taking!

Edit: And i just remembered they drafted USC Safety (FIGHT ON!) Taylor Mays!!!

Posted Image

#50 DT778

DT778

number 1 on the westside

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2010 - 12:51 AM

I've seen nowhere Singletary guaranteeing Smith has the starting job. Comfortable with him starting? Yes. Guaranteed he's got it? Nope. They signed Carr (2 years, 4 mil guaranteed) to compete for position not play back-up. You don't sign a 30 year old QB that has overall better stats than Smith (that's counting with the Texans for their first five years), and not give him a shot - forget what Yahoo! says. Not only that, Raye (I seriously can't understand how he keeps getting OC jobs) likes the deep ball and Carr can throw the deep ball, Smith can't.

You must not be keeping up with the team since all offseason Sing has been saying Smith will start. Like I said before Smith could mess up and be replaced, which really applies to everyone on any team, but as of right now there is no open competition for the starting qb.

#51 Kilraven

Kilraven

Mighty Meth Power!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2010 - 01:17 AM

any news of improvement during the pre-season? Seriously, the Niners have very solid pieces

Here's to hoping Davis and Iupati fill in the gaps on the O-line.

In other news:

How many friggin headache related incidents does Harvin need before somebody sits down and says something is seriously wrong here?

#52 Kilraven

Kilraven

Mighty Meth Power!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2010 - 01:47 AM

You must not be keeping up with the team since all offseason Sing has been saying Smith will start. Like I said before Smith could mess up and be replaced, which really applies to everyone on any team, but as of right now there is no open competition for the starting qb.

I have been keeping up. The problem is you're taking one quote from Singletary saying he's comfortable with Smith starting in March as a guarantee now - it ain't. Especially for a 1st rounder that got it back in mid '09 after losing it in '07. If you're adamant that Smith has the starting job, then link me a recent quote of Singletary or Raye stating it since preseason.

#53 djplasmid

djplasmid

Stand On Your Own

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2010 - 01:59 AM

Anyone want to buy tickets to the Giants / Steelers pre-season game this Saturday? Trying to get rid of them for $50 bux each. I have two to sell. PM me ASAP.

#54 Donkey132

Donkey132

OldSchool

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2010 - 03:15 AM

We should have a CAG Fantasy Football league. Would anybody be interested?

Edited by Donkey132, 20 August 2010 - 03:28 AM.

#55 DT778

DT778

number 1 on the westside

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2010 - 03:46 AM

I have been keeping up. The problem is you're taking one quote from Singletary saying he's comfortable with Smith starting in March as a guarantee now - it ain't. Especially for a 1st rounder that got it back in mid '09 after losing it in '07. If you're adamant that Smith has the starting job, then link me a recent quote of Singletary or Raye stating it since preseason.

There is no quote since preseason since it's not an open qb competition. Why would he make a statement about something that's not in question. As of right now Smith will start week one.

#56 djplasmid

djplasmid

Stand On Your Own

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2010 - 12:04 PM

We should have a CAG Fantasy Football league. Would anybody be interested?

I'm down.

#57 RAMSTORIA

RAMSTORIA

fate is inexorable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2010 - 03:02 PM

theres like 6 leagues with CAGs involved. in fact theres probably one with spots still open if you search the forums.

my money league has its draft tomorrow night. not sure who im going to take with my first pick quite yet. my family league for less money drafts on wednesday.

Posted Image

#58 JaxMoney

JaxMoney

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2010 - 05:18 PM

Yeah, I totally forgot there are existing leagues too... I'm already in like 6 of'em.

They need to seriously look into Harvin... seems like he might have a tumor or something.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#59 dafoomie

dafoomie

Posted 20 August 2010 - 09:47 PM

Its still a little early but I think the Patriots finally came through with a good draft class. Still might not be enough to fill all their holes though.

#60 SoulReaver

SoulReaver

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2010 - 01:47 AM

All my worries about the eagles during the offseason are not being alleviated by the preseason.

O-line, secondary, and Kolb.
Free 360 game by completing 2 offers. If you don't believe it just give it a shot. I spent $4 to get Dead Space. $13 to get Madden 10. PM me if you need help.

http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=234233