NFL 2010-2011 Season Discussion Thread

• Please log in to reply
1919 replies to this topic

#91 fatmanforlife99

fatmanforlife99

I need a weapon.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2010 - 03:00 AM

Anybody watching the colts/packers game? This new fucking rule is the most absurd rule in any of the sports I watch.

The position of the umpire has been moved from behind the defensive linebackers (except in the last two minutes of each half) to the offensive backfield opposite the throwing arm of the quarterback in order to reduce the numerous times that the official has been run over during plays.

Also, the QB has to wait for the umpire to place the ball and get behind the RB in the backfield before he can snap the ball or the play is dead and a five yard penalty is enforced. This fucking rule negates the hurry-up offense that teams like the Colts like to use.

It happened once in the red zone, ok whatever, but the second time it caused addai to get hurt. This rule has no place being in the game . It seems like every damn year the NFL adds some useless rule, I really hope they change this rule before the regular season starts or the high octane, fast moving teams are the ones being penalized.

There are those who said this day would never come. What are they to say now?

#92 dafoomie

dafoomie

Posted 27 August 2010 - 03:16 AM

I'm sure Polian will just get another rule passed to favor the Colts.

The Pats D made Sam Bradford look really good today, they were awful. Their starters couldn't even stop the Rams 2nd team.

#93 DT778

DT778

number 1 on the westside

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2010 - 04:23 AM

Fuck the Colts. Their bitchin' lead to rules that basically leave wide receivers untouchable and are slowly killing the running game. Besides, the offense already has more than enough advantages already. The Colts will adjust and everything will be alright.
---

What do you guys think about the proposed 18 game season? While I love football I don't think I like this. I'd rather see better football on the field of a shorter season than the increase chance in injuries and expanded rosters (meaning players who couldn't cut it before are now in the NFL) that comes with a longer season.

#94 dafoomie

dafoomie

Posted 27 August 2010 - 04:37 AM

They're really just turning the final two preseason games into regular season games. There certainly doesn't need to be 4 preseason games.

It'll mean more money for the league and more money for the players since they get a percentage of league revenue.

#95 dafoomie

dafoomie

Posted 27 August 2010 - 04:48 AM

And before anyone starts... They scored 59 points! Running up the score! Wah wah wah. Not that it was Colts fans doing it.

#96 fatmanforlife99

fatmanforlife99

I need a weapon.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2010 - 05:14 AM

And before anyone starts... They scored 59 points! Running up the score! Wah wah wah. Not that it was Colts fans doing it.

Yeah like the game actually matters, its preseason man, don't get too excited.

DT778, its not the Colts fault for the rule changes. You can thank Roy Williams for what he did to TO. Every year after that they have always added some form of protection for WR/TE/RB. Also, how are they killing the running game? They don't have that great of a running attack so why not use what they have at QB and the WRs.

IDK how anybody can agree on the rule, regardless of the team you root for. Its just a shitty rule.

#97 Soodmeg

Soodmeg

Posted 27 August 2010 - 05:14 PM

This needs to be said.

T. Jackson is officially the Vikings House $$$$a. How long are you going to let Farve screw you over like that? He gets a free pass up until the first pre-season game before letting anyone know whats going on and Jackson doesnt say a word.

It might simply be because the vikings are still his best chance to start but how can you not be upset over being pulled in and out like that? He is a decent guy who can compete for a starting spot on one of the teams that have questions at QB. But waiting around for farve makes him look like a bitch.

#98 RAMSTORIA

RAMSTORIA

fate is inexorable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2010 - 05:40 PM

This needs to be said.

T. Jackson is officially the Vikings House $$$$a. How long are you going to let Farve screw you over like that? He gets a free pass up until the first pre-season game before letting anyone know whats going on and Jackson doesnt say a word.

It might simply be because the vikings are still his best chance to start but how can you not be upset over being pulled in and out like that? He is a decent guy who can compete for a starting spot on one of the teams that have questions at QB. But waiting around for farve makes him look like a bitch.

tavaris can only benefit from playing behind favre for these two seasons. theres no question he has talent, why rush it?

Posted Image

#99 Viol8tor

Viol8tor

Go Lakers!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2010 - 06:10 PM

SD Chargers @ Saints today. :bouncy:
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#100 dafoomie

dafoomie

Posted 27 August 2010 - 07:53 PM

Yeah like the game actually matters, its preseason man, don't get too excited.

I was being sarcastic. Getting upset because a team put up a lot of points is silly.

#101 fatmanforlife99

fatmanforlife99

I need a weapon.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2010 - 08:38 PM

I was being sarcastic. Getting upset because a team put up a lot of points is silly.

I am not getting upset, it was just a dumbass comment you made.

#102 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2010 - 08:41 PM

I am not getting upset, it was just a dumbass comment you made.

He wasn't saying you were getting upset. His comment was sarcastic, and he's saying people who actually complain about the thing he was joking about complaining about are being silly.

Clearer? :D

33126.png

#103 Matt Young

Matt Young

Follow the buzzards

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2010 - 08:42 PM

That was an amazing victory by the Packers last night. I know it was only preseason, but 59-24 over the defending AFC Champions? That's pretty fantastic.

155toba.gif2i6pefo.gif675n9f.gifhsl3pl.gif

#104 Donkey132

Donkey132

OldSchool

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2010 - 03:03 AM

colts always bomb in preseason, nothing new.

#105 evildeadjedi

evildeadjedi

RIP DIO \m/ \m/

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2010 - 04:54 PM

colts always bomb in preseason, nothing new.

Exactly
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#106 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2010 - 10:55 PM

The Browns are doing well so far against Detroit. The only mistake they've made is the Harrison fumble, which was pretty close to not being a fumble on the replay. Hillis is a beast, Cribbs is getting better each week as a WR, and Delhomme is doing well as the offense's leader so far this pre-season. The defense is doing well to capitalize on mistakes, though Stafford's throwing a lot of good passes to his receivers. Their run defense is doing really well so far, though this is still Detroit. Now they're starting the second half with more PI calls.

I hope Nick Sorenson isn't hurt as badly as he looked. The latest news was that he was able to move his arms and legs at the hospital, so it seems good so far without any specific diagnosis yet.

Edit: The second team defense stunk, so Detroit just scored at will in the second half. The two fumbles in the fourth quarter by Evan Moore and McCoy didn't help either, but it was clear that there was a drop in skill on defense in the second half. They really need to work on the penalties, as they gave Detroit more and more opportunities to score on the goalline. That's probably one of the biggest issues from last year that doesn't look to have changed much in the pre-season.

Edited by FriskyTanuki, 29 August 2010 - 12:17 AM.

#107 Matt Young

Matt Young

Follow the buzzards

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2010 - 01:59 AM

Chargers at Saints was fun to watch last night, especially that first Saints TD reception that was bobbled around and then snared. Watched some of Falcons/Dolphins. No Niners/Raiders tonight because of the UFC PPV. Steelers vs. Broncos is the Sunday night game tomorrow. I do want to see Tebow.

155toba.gif2i6pefo.gif675n9f.gifhsl3pl.gif

#108 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2010 - 12:09 AM

The Broncos/Steelers game began with a video montage to portray Ben Roethlisberger/Sinner vs. Tim Tebow/Holy Man. What the hell was Fox thinking? It's the pre-season.

I hadn't seen Fox's new look for football and it sucks. I'm watching on an SDTV and I can only see half of the scoreboard.

#109 gbpackers94

gbpackers94

Julius, Ph.D.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2010 - 12:52 AM

Why would Kyle orton risk injury, tackling on a pick in the preseason. Ridiculous.

#110 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2010 - 12:57 AM

I hadn't seen Fox's new look for football and it sucks. I'm watching on an SDTV and I can only see half of the scoreboard.

I know. It's ridiculous. The MLB broadcasts are the same way. I hope enough people complain to the point where Fox figures it out before the MLB playoffs and NFL regular season start.

#111 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2010 - 01:01 AM

What an amazing interception by Perrish Cox.

#112 fatmanforlife99

fatmanforlife99

I need a weapon.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2010 - 01:28 AM

andre goodman looks pretty good

#113 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2010 - 03:06 AM

The secondary as a whole has played really well tonight.

#114 J7.

J7.

Posted 03 September 2010 - 04:23 AM

Pats lost Bodden for the entire season. Injuries plaguing New England this year for every sport. Brady is going to have to carry this team. He's showing a lot of leadership though.

#115 wildcpac

wildcpac

Posted 04 September 2010 - 06:31 PM

Matt Leinart, TJ H, Jarvis Green are all getting cut today.

#116 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2010 - 07:45 PM

I'm guessing that the season-ending injury to Montario Hardesty meant that Chris Jennings wouldn't be cut since he's had an awful pre-season. They have some depth with Harrison, Hillis, and James Davis at running back, so it shouldn't be a huge loss.

I don't get why Whisenhunt would be so confident to just have Derek Anderson and two rookies for his only QB options. That could be a disaster if Derek isn't able to get back to his 2007 form with the great targets he has there.

#117 DT778

DT778

number 1 on the westside

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2010 - 08:22 PM

It shows how much Leinart sucks. He can't even trust him to hold the clipboard.

#118 evildeadjedi

evildeadjedi

RIP DIO \m/ \m/

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2010 - 03:20 PM

Anyone else draft TJ Houz? Any guesses on who he will play for this year?
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#119 tiddled06

tiddled06

Posted 05 September 2010 - 03:56 PM

Anyone else draft TJ Houz? Any guesses on who he will play for this year?

Best guess is... Redskins, Vikings, Rams, Bucs, OR Panthers.

#120 SEH

SEH

Paul's sister is an alien

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2010 - 04:47 PM

I'd heard he could go to either the Rams or Browns.

Lm9Ooqv.jpg