Extra Life Charity Gaming Marathon - RAFFLE WINNERS ANNOUNCED - CHECK LIST

• Please log in to reply
379 replies to this topic

#211 DrMunkee

DrMunkee

Logical AND dreamy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2010 - 06:26 PM

We knew what you meant, no one thinks you are douche. Well Shipwreck does.

Hahaha. Thanks.

That's OK. Bengals fans don't count as real people anyway.

Setting a low goal because I don't have a lot of time tomorrow, but I'm in and joined on the CAG team page. May try to set up streaming via UStream, we'll see.

Link - https://www.hospital...790D0297E80DD7A

XBL/PSN - sybaritictrance

Every little dollar helps!

Edited by DrMunkee, 15 October 2010 - 06:37 PM.

"The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke."

#212 frostybroc

frostybroc

ROFLTrooper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2010 - 06:53 PM

Donated $16 to my page. Name is William Carpenter (or William and Lani-my wife Carpenter)
4WytjRR.png
Team CAG is looking for more members to help raise money, doing you could win free games, and swag. Best of all you're helping out kids who are in need. Sign up!

#213 xilly

xilly

Snozberries?!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2010 - 07:14 PM

Every little dollar helps!

I posted it on Facebook, wifey sneakily donated $30 so I'm already over halfway there! :D

Editor - Fatal Hero

Twitter - @sybaritictrance

#214 Pascual

Pascual

Cheap Arse Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2010 - 07:21 PM

I'm $23 off my goal :) I hope some more people donate, I gotta give away these codes!

#215 Ultimate Matt X

Ultimate Matt X

Posted 15 October 2010 - 07:46 PM

Well after I get a few more donations tonight I should get past the $50 mark, a long way from my goal of $200, but not bad considering I was out of the country for most the time. If anyone though is looking to give some money, but needs an incentive let me know. I may be able to work something out.

#216 Hell Monkey

Hell Monkey

Social Link MAX!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2010 - 07:58 PM

Do we have a fax # for Extra Life/CMN? My work should match some of the donations I've received (we all work same place) but we have to fax something to them so they can claim it.

#217 DrMunkee

DrMunkee

Logical AND dreamy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2010 - 08:08 PM

Do we have a fax # for Extra Life/CMN? My work should match some of the donations I've received (we all work same place) but we have to fax something to them so they can claim it.

Phew. I looked all over the page and found nothing about fax numbers.

You might just want to email them. This one is out of my league.

"The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke."

#218 doctorfaustus

doctorfaustus

Posted 15 October 2010 - 08:21 PM

For those that are streaming on a Mac, CamTwist is a free application that allows you to add effects, picture-in-picture, text, and a count-down clock to your webcam's output.

http://camtwist.en.softonic.com/mac

#219 Jek Porkins

Jek Porkins

The Big Man in Orange

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2010 - 08:41 PM

Donated $20 late in the game to bluedotlounge. I wish I'd gotten in on this earlier, but good luck to everyone involved, and great job raising so much scratch, CAGs! Have fun playing!
RedSix, Standing By!

Posted Image

#220 DrMunkee

DrMunkee

Logical AND dreamy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2010 - 08:45 PM

Updated the OP with game day info.

I also decided to sexify the spoiler tags.

#221 Romis

Romis

Honor Among CAGS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2010 - 12:44 AM

Good luck to everyone !
Sounds like it will be a fun experience (an a great excuse to play all day)
The downside is I have other commitments tomorrow & can't join in

But I can still show support so I made a donation to the bluedotlounge to help the cause!

#222 PepsiDriver

PepsiDriver

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2010 - 12:59 AM

I will be set up at Replays Gameware (local game store) in Gadsden, AL tomorrow playing a large chunk of my day there and collecting donations via a bucket!

I'll be setting up a live ustream from my house/Replays and the url is http://www.ustream.t...nel/pepsidriver

Keep up to date with my progress @ www.twitter.com/colemanjasonr

Posted Image

#223 bluedotlounge

bluedotlounge

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2010 - 01:18 AM

I'll have an hourly blog link on Examiner.com tomorrow. I was planning on UStream, but Nintendo didn't want me to show all of Kirby. It's cool. Less work for me. So my playlist is:

1) Castlevania: Lords of Shadow
2) Kirby's Epic Yarn
3) If extra time available, DLC review backlog: Sonic 4, Limbo, Shank, Dead Space Ignition

Actually a review copy of the Ys III remake just arrived. I think that'll replace item 3.

Edited by bluedotlounge, 16 October 2010 - 01:33 AM.

#224 Beatofficer

Beatofficer

GOT HEEEEEM!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2010 - 01:35 AM

Reached my goal about 30 minutes ago. I might switch it up with my playing. Fallout 3 for 24 hours straight might make me angry, though I'm going to be throwing borderlands in there on steam if we can get the people.

I just got in Resident Evil 5 so I might do that too. Not sure how often I should blog, I was thinking once every 3 hours or so with little updates/attempts to collect a little more funds.
!San Francisco Giants 2010 & 2012 World Series Champions!

Posted Image

#225 DrMunkee

DrMunkee

Logical AND dreamy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2010 - 01:39 AM

Alright. I probably won't be on until in the morning, so anything that needs updated will be added then.

Good luck!

#226 take5giantsteps

take5giantsteps

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2010 - 01:41 AM

I've started early tonight. My PSN name is jacobeid. If anybody wants to play some lara croft, blazblue CS, or uncharted 2, add me!

#227 waatulakula

waatulakula

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2010 - 01:46 AM

lol nice, may just have to do the same with my sister and her boyfriend

#228 waatulakula

waatulakula

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2010 - 01:49 AM

much props to you for getting all those raffle prizes together. I am amazed that the gaming community is doing something this amazing. I wish that mainstream media would get wind of this and maybe gamers would get some positive exposure.

#229 waatulakula

waatulakula

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2010 - 02:00 AM

ok still havent gotten the posting thing down yet so sorry for the post above that don't make sense. they are mr reaction's to earlier posts, but apparently "reply" doesn't work the way i thought it would.
anyway I just made my goal!!!! i am very excited to have made it. I hope to still get some more donations to roll in tomorrow. I can't wait for next year. With plenty of time I can get some great raffle prizes and badger some more of my family to come off of the coin. Still I am happy to have done m little part and I'm ready to meet some of you tomorrow. I am going to try and sleep now. It's going to be hard I feel like a kid on Christmas Eve

#230 J Bling Blang

J Bling Blang

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2010 - 02:03 AM

Made my donation to bluedotlounge. Nice to see people doing what they lvoe for charity.
Posted Image

My tradelist is right below.

http://www.cheapassg...878#post7369878

#231 bluedotlounge

bluedotlounge

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2010 - 02:04 AM

Here's something random for the night: a clip of me when I worked at TechTV

I'm the typist at 0:22

#232 Ardrid

Ardrid

Posted 16 October 2010 - 02:33 AM

I was bummed when I thought I couldn't participate in this due to my wife's friend' 40th birthday tomorrow. But, now that I know you don't have to do the 24 hours in one sitting (as much as I'd love to be able to do that again like when I was on summer break), I'm definitely in. My goal is a conservative $100, since it's last minute and I don't know how many people I can get to donate before the window closes. Here's my page for anyone who wants to help out.

https://www.hospital...8638991E62A 443

PSN ID: Ardrid
Steam ID: Ardrid

Hope to see everyone online and hope everyone hits their goals.

sig.gif

Video Game Spending Tabs: 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014

#233 dwhelan

dwhelan

Posted 16 October 2010 - 03:44 AM

I set up a live ustream from my man cave http://www.ustream.t...gaming-marathon

Keep up to date with my progress @ http://twitter.com/tiny415

Definitely down for Steam, PS3, Xbox 360, or Wii. Especially Borderlands and L4D2 on PC.

#234 take5giantsteps

take5giantsteps

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2010 - 05:24 AM

I should also let everyone know that my prizes are still up for grabs. Come on and help me reach that goal. I'm at $154 right now so I need $56 more!

#235 Beatofficer

Beatofficer

GOT HEEEEEM!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2010 - 05:32 AM

See everyone in the morning for the start of the marathon!
!San Francisco Giants 2010 & 2012 World Series Champions!

Posted Image

#236 frostybroc

frostybroc

ROFLTrooper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2010 - 06:17 AM

I'm starting early it's 2:15 AM and looks like its going to be Monster Hunter 3. Get at me if you wanna run some event quests or anything.

Frosty DZLZAK
4WytjRR.png
Team CAG is looking for more members to help raise money, doing you could win free games, and swag. Best of all you're helping out kids who are in need. Sign up!

#237 bluedotlounge

bluedotlounge

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2010 - 06:27 AM

A couple things:

1) I've decided to start at noon as I want to do some last minute plugging as well as clean up of my place. I think my mild mess would be too distracting as something as focused and immersive as an extended playthough of a game. It's also sort of how I like to clean my place before a trip just so I could come home to cleanliness.

2) THIS IS KINDA BIG. I talked to Dr. Munkee earlier to get his OK and I decided to double all my donors' raffle entries. So now it's $1 = 2 entries. This is so they have a fighting chance to compete for raffle prizes against those who are running their own fundraising on Team CAG.

#238 NazgulAuk

NazgulAuk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2010 - 06:42 AM

I haven't had much luck so far. Even people that donated last year have been ignoring my emails and I joined a couple months ago.
So if anyone wants to help out I'd appreciate it.

I'm raising money for the Texas Children's Hospital because that are treating a family members Leukemia. It is really amazing all the care they provide these kids.

https://www.hospital...476435EB2D36FD1

Note: Because MY children each have multiple events on Saturday, I'll been gaming next weekend. I have to to be good to my own kids, before helping others :)
Posted Image

#239 DrMunkee

DrMunkee

Logical AND dreamy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2010 - 10:32 AM

Gooooooooooood morning Cheapassgamer!

Can I offer you some coffee? Maybe some Red Bull?

#240 Pascual

Pascual

Cheap Arse Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2010 - 10:36 AM

Red bull would be nice. I'm gonna start my live stream in about 24 mins