Extra Life Charity Gaming Marathon - RAFFLE WINNERS ANNOUNCED - CHECK LIST

Hooray! I hit my $200 goal yesterday! I was shocked!

Here's what I did, I just typed out a pretty good message and sent it to over 200 people that I actually know on Facebook.

My friend's mom donated $20, which put my money to $100, but then...

A friend I went to high school with donated $100!!! A super generous guy! My jaw dropped!

So try that out, it worked wonders in only 24 hours.

I am also going to challenge myself. For every game I beat from now until the end of the marathon, I will donate $5-$10

[quote name='PepsiDriver']Hooray! I hit my $200 goal yesterday! I was shocked!

Here's what I did, I just typed out a pretty good message and sent it to over 200 people that I actually know on Facebook.

My friend's mom donated $20, which put my money to $100, but then...

A friend I went to high school with donated $100!!! A super generous guy! My jaw dropped!

So try that out, it worked wonders in only 24 hours.

I am also going to challenge myself. For every game I beat from now until the end of the marathon, I will donate $5-$10[/QUOTE]

Very, very nice.

I plan on hitting up my mom's workplace, which is full of nurses and doctors. Last year they helped out quite a bit. I might even try to hit up my own boss.

Hey everyone. My full name is Jacob Eidelberg and I have just joined TEAM CAG. My PSN ID is jacobeid, just like my CAG username. My XBL name is take5giantsteps, but I no longer have a gold account and I don't plan on playing any xbox games during this time.

My goal is $120. I have put up a message on facebook, sent an e-mail to family, posted here on CAG, as well as to a discussion board in my comic book class at OSU. The hospital I chose is Nationwide Children's Hospital in Columbus, which I visited several times as a child.

Let's get some donations going!

Edit: To entice some donations, I'll offer up some prizes.

If you donate $20, you'll get the choice between a code for either Alan Wake: The Signal, or the Halo Reach recon armor code. Obviously these are only available to the first two people who donate, and the first to claim them. Right now I'm at a solid $64. Nearly half of my donation goal already. Come on CAG!

Last edited by a moderator:
OK! I finally decided on a format suited to my giveaways. Here is how it will go:

For $1 you spend, you get 1 ENTRY into my raffle, and you actually get bonus entries if you spend more:

$5 will get you 6 entries
$10 will get you 12 entries
$20 will get you 25 entries
$50 will get you 75 entries

I estimate to have about 75 items to give away so if you spend $50, you could theoretically win all of these! After the end of the marathon, the raffle will be held through random.org, which will keep everything legitimate and transparent.

Here is my donation page: https://www.hospitalshelpingkids.org/ExtraLife/m.aspx?i=201547A8692F648+8

Here are the confirmed items to date (will be updated as new items are confirmed):

1) EA - Madden 11 2GB USB stick
2) EA - Dead Space 2 'faceplate' black t-shirt (large)
3) EA - Dead Space 2 'faceplate' black t-shirt (medium)
4) EA - Bulletstorm 'Japanese monster' dark green t-shirt (x-large)
5) EA - Bulletstorm 'Japanese monster' blue t-shirt (x-large)
6) EA - Bulletstorm 'Japanese monster' black t-shirt (x-large)
7) EA - Crysis 2 'I Love NY' white t-shirt (large)
8) Activision - Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock 2GB USB stick (guitar shaped)
9) Activision - DJ Hero 2 limited edition 'obsession never ends' white t-shirt (large; #31 out of 100 made)
10) Nintendo - Professor Layton and the Unwound Future black t-shirt (large)
11) Nintendo - Photo Dojo media tournament black t-shirt (medium)
12) NamcoBandai - Enslaved 'Monkey' black t-shirt (large) & Enslaved notebook combo
13) Sony - God of War III zip-up hoodie sweatshirt (large)
14) Sony - ModNation Racers promo Mod-car
15) Sony - SOCOM: Fireteam Bravo 3 olive t-shirt (large)
16) Sony - Kevin Butler 'VP, PS3 Softball Team' black t-shirt (large)
17) Sony - Kevin Butler 'VP, First Person Shooter Relations' black t-shirt (large)
18) Sony - Kevin Butler 'VP, First Person Shooter Relations' black t-shirt (large)
20) Sony - Kevin Butler 'Director of Rumor Confirmation' black t-shirt (large)
21) Sony - Kevin Butler 'Director of Rumor Confirmation' black t-shirt (large)
22) Sony - Uncharted 2 black t-shirt (large)
23) Capcom - Dead Rising 2 ZQ (Zombie Quarterly) magazine
24) Capcom - Resident Evil 'L.S. Kennedy' staff dark navy t-shirt (large)
25) Ubisoft - Outland 'boss' black t-shirt (medium)
26) Ubisoft - Outland 'boss' black t-shirt (medium)
27) Ubisoft - Outland 'boss' black t-shirt (large)
28) Ubisoft - Outland 'boss' black t-shirt (large)
29) Ubisoft - Outland 'boss' black t-shirt (large)
30) Ubisoft - Outland 'boss' black t-shirt (large)
31) XSEED Games - Ys Seven PSP game
32) Sega - Sonic Adventure XBLA game code
33) Sega - Vanquish Xbox 360 game
34) Aksys Games - Gladiator Begins PSP game code
35) Aksys Games - Gladiator Begins PSP game code
36) Aksys Games - Gladiator Begins PSP game code
37) Aksys Games - Gladiator Begins PSP game code
38) Aksys Games - Gladiator Begins PSP game code
39) Aksys Games - Gladiator Begins PSP game code
40) Aksys Games - Gladiator Begins PSP game code
41) Aksys Games - Gladiator Begins PSP game code
42) Aksys Games - Gladiator Begins PSP game code
43) Aksys Games - Gladiator Begins PSP game code
44) Natsume - Harvest Moon 3-animal plushie collection
45) Natsume - Harvest Moon 6 horsie plushie cavalry
46) 2K - Mafia II promo t-shirt
47) 2K - Mafia II 2010 pin-up calendar
48) 2K - Mafia II pin-up baseball style long-sleeved white (with black sleeves) t-shirt
49) Konami - Lucha Libre wrestling mask
50) Disney Interactive - 2GB USB stick

Many more to come. I'll be taking in game company donations right up until Friday, the 15th, the day before marathon. Don't worry about shipping costs as most of these will be sent directly from the game publisher.

Hey everyone, thanks to the great support I've received from friends and family, I am currently only $6 away from my goal. That's $114 in under 24 hours. This is great, and because of it, I've raised my donation goal to $200. Unfortunately, none of the donations have been from CAG!

Who wants those codes?!

[quote name='frostybroc']So if we donated to our own cause post it here for the raffle?[/QUOTE]

You have a few options :

You can donate directly to the person who has the prize that you want to win. For example, if you want to donate $3 to bluedotlounge's raffle, you would donate to his page, and you would earn 3 entries. You would then need to post in this thread that you donated to him and under what name you did.
OR, because you are participating in the marathon.
You could donate the $3 to your own account, which would earn you 3 entries.

I'm pretty sure this is what we settled on. If we didn't give participants a chance to win anything, most people would then only donate, and we would probably miss out on a few people who would do better raising money.

I'm 99% sure this is how it will work. But if bluedotlounge says something different, listen to him. The big raffle is his baby.

I just cracked the $300 mark today; I already met my first two goals that I set, so I put it up pretty high ($480). Glad to see everyone in on this charity; it should be a memorable event on the 16th! :)

Also, how about some front-page love for Team CAG, Cheapy?
And a namedrop on the podcast?
And a shout-out on Twitter and Facebook?
And a TV ad?
And a direct mail campaign? ;)

[quote name='Walt Jay']I just cracked the $300 mark today; I already met my first two goals that I set, so I put it up pretty high ($480). Glad to see everyone in on this charity; it should be a memorable event on the 16th! :)

Also, how about some front-page love for Team CAG, Cheapy?
And a namedrop on the podcast?
And a shout-out on Twitter and Facebook?
And a TV ad?
And a direct mail campaign? ;)[/QUOTE]

Don't forget the movie trailer, billboard, and plug on Letterman.

I'll ask him for a front page plug tonight. He probably won't mind. It's for a good cause, and now that loads of prizes are up for grabs, more people should participate.

In my attempt to find more easy stuff to donate that would entice some low donations, I've found a few more things.

I have a Square Enix Registration Code for Kingdom Hearts BBS and Final Fantasy XIII (PS3 if it matters) that I haven't used. I also have decals for the PSP from birth by sleep. Only $7.50 to take one of these!

New Deal!

Kicking this thing into high-gear! I have some prizes for those who sponsor me!

Donate $25 and receive as a gift one of the following:

Dragon Quest IX Blue Slime String Bag

Magic: The Gathering Planeswalker 30-Card Deck

Dante's Inferno: An Animated Epic DVD

Marvel Super Hero Squad TCG starter deck
&
Marvel Super Hero Squad cap

Brink T-Shirt (Black)(XL)

The Terminator Blu-ray NEW

Super Scribblenauts Magnet Set (similar to those poetry magnets they sell at Barnes & Noble, but with awesome nouns (T-rex) and adjectives (Hairy)

Pax 2010 Duke Nukem T-Shirt (Red)(xxl) I really wanted to keep this one! My fiancee and I were in line for over 2 hours just to get a chance to play the demo.

If you're interested in these gifts, please leave a comment here. Once the donation is made, I'll set aside your gift!

We got a shout out on the CAGcast. Good job whoever asked!

I'm still seeing if we can get a front page post.

EDIT : Thanks CheapyD for the front page!

I'm in as well, still somewhat new to this site. Sending out the emails and FB shortly. I'm gonna see if I have anything to toss up for encentives as well. I have a suggestion, instead of just asking people you know for donations, why not get your gaming friends involved as well. I'm sure they have friends and family that you don't know. You would be surprised how many people would be interested in doing this. The more money raised in total will trump any individual achievement any day.

XBL: Sunfire14

https://www.hospitalshelpingkids.org/ExtraLife/m.aspx?i=20927EC35414FE569

Ok,
I have a contest for those who choose to donate through me. This will be as basic as it can be. I will reward the highest donations at the end of the event. I've come up with 10 prizes, being labeled Prize #1 - Prize #10. Whoever donates the highest amount will recieve Prize #1. Whoever donates the second highest amount will recieve Prize #2, and so on, all the way down to prize #10.

If you choose to donate though me, please send me a PM with your name so I can include you in the contest.

I am holding this contest exclusive to CAG members. All of my friends and family will be excluded. Also, any CAG members who do not PM who they are will be excluded as I will have no way to know if you are from CAG or a random Facebook friend or something of the like.

*If only 1 person from CAG sponsors me, I will only give out the top prize. If only 2 people from CAG sponsor me, I will only give out the top 2 prizes. . and so on so on.

-Prize List-

Prize #1 ~ $25 Amazon.com Gift Card
Prize #2 ~ Capcom Shot Glass Set. Contains 4 Shot Glasses (Resident Evil, Lost Planet 2, Dark Void and Dead Rising 2)
Prize #3 ~ Dante's Inferno Figure
Prize #4 ~ Gamestop Plush "Bunny" Keychain (Bunny itself is 3-4 inches tall)
Prize #5 ~ Halo ODST Lanyard
Prize #6 ~ Forza 3 Lanyard
Prize #7 ~ USB Skateboard Flash Drive (no idea what size it holds, does not say on the package)
Prize #8 ~ Street Fighter 4 Thumb Fighters (Blanka & Dee Jay)
Prize #9 ~ Halo: Reach DLC Recon Helmet (The one that came with the first shipment of the game)
Prize #10 ~ 2x 48 HR. live trials (I'm sorry, I couldn't find a 10th prize. . . :D)

**I will cover shipping for prizes that need to be shipped. Any prize that is able to be emailed, is going to be emailed to save on the shipping.
**I will notify Prize winners on 10-18. You will have until 10-24 to respond to my PM and claim your prize. If you do not respond within that time frame, you will forfit your prize.

If you choose to sponor me, let me thank you in advance. If you choose not to sponsor me, please sponsor someone. Every little bit will help and this is a fantastic charity.

https://www.hospitalshelpingkids.org/ExtraLife/m.aspx?i=20927EC35414FE569

*In the event of a tie for sponsor amount, I will use whoever made their donation first as the tie breaker. I will determine this by whoever PM'd me first about their donation.

Ok, as much as I would love to try and go 24 hrs straight, I can't get it scheduled. I am going to have to spread it out over the next few days. I will try and get as much in during the actual marathon as possible, but most of the games I have I won't play in front of my daughter. I see alot of LBP and Mod Racers in my gaming future with her tomorrow. For those who sent me a friend invite on 360, when I do pop on, I'm good for Reach or MoH. I will hit my 24 hour goal before the make-up day is over, that I promise! Good luck to those who attempt the whole 24 hours in one sitting!!

Hey fellow CAG's!
I decided to dip into my personal game stash to help support the cause.
For every donation of $50 or higher from a CAG member I will send you any ONE of the xbox 360 games below.
The games are used but in perfect working condition. FIRST COME FIRST SERVE.
After you donate, PM me on CAG with the name on the donation (so I can verify that the donation is legit), which game you want, and the mailing address to send the game to.
I will update this post ASAP when each game is taken so that you know what is still available. If I receive multiple donations requesting the same game, the person who PM's me first will get it and I will ask the others to request a different game (you can PM me a second choice if you'd like). Once all games are gone, sorry but I'm out of prizes after that. I WILL run this honestly and fairly. Worst case, you are supporting a great cause!

https://www.hospitalshelpingkids.org/ExtraLife/m.aspx?i=19673A6FD137CD77F

any ONE of the following used xbox360 games per $50 donation:
- Just Cause 2
- Red Dead Redemption
- Split/Second
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
- Fable II
- Gears of War 2
- The Orange Box
- Little League World Series Baseball 2010
- Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution
- Lego Batman
- The Bourne Conspiracy

Thank You in advance!
I know not very game listed is worth $50....but its for a good cause :)

Everything should be updated up to this point. I did a lot of stuff in one edit, so I urge everyone to check their links in the OP. I'm 99.9% sure that everything is correct, but better safe and sorry.

Thanks everyone!

[quote name='DrMunkee']Everything should be updated up to this point. I did a lot of stuff in one edit, so I urge everyone to check their links in the OP. I'm 99.9% sure that everything is correct, but better safe and sorry.

Thanks everyone![/QUOTE]

Looks good. Thanks for pulling all that together!

Alright, im joining as I was already part of Extra Life before I even caught the thread.

Diffusion - PSN - FerioKun

Doubt ill be on much though, as im planning on playing 24 straight hours of Virtual Boy (I wanted a challenge for those donations!)

And my main big thing is I have a numbered and signed Kevin Butler poster, that will be given away to the highest donor. Current high right now is $50, but I only have 3 donors right now anyway x.x

Have a blast everyone!

[quote name='Diffusion']Alright, im joining as I was already part of Extra Life before I even caught the thread.

Diffusion - PSN - FerioKun

Doubt ill be on much though, as im planning on playing 24 straight hours of Virtual Boy (I wanted a challenge for those donations!)

And my main big thing is I have a numbered and signed Kevin Butler poster, that will be given away to the highest donor. Current high right now is $50, but I only have 3 donors right now anyway x.x

Have a blast everyone![/QUOTE]

Your link was being uncooperative, but I think that I found your page. Could you check it before I throw your prize offer in the mix?

Castlevania: LoS is definitely one of the games I'm playing as I'm also reviewing it for Examiner.com. People are saying it's 20 hours so I'm going to get an 8 hour head start before the marathon, leaving me with 12 more hours to fit in other games. I'm also doing this first playthrough on hard. Let's see how that works for my dexterity and sanity when I reach the late hours.

[quote name='bluedotlounge']Castlevania: LoS is definitely one of the games I'm playing as I'm also reviewing it for Examiner.com. People are saying it's 20 hours so I'm going to get an 8 hour head start before the marathon, leaving me with 12 more hours to fit in other games. I'm also doing this first playthrough on hard. Let's see how that works for my dexterity and sanity when I reach the late hours.[/QUOTE]

The later levels might make you go insane with sleep deprivation haha.

[quote name='DrMunkee']Your link was being uncooperative, but I think that I found your page. Could you check it before I throw your prize offer in the mix?[/QUOTE]

Link fixed up sorry about that! Ill get a pic up of it tonight too (after work)

Well being in Korea sure has hurt my ability to gather donations. I'm hoping I can get something together when I get back Monday, maybe offer some prizes or something. Otherwise it may just be easier to donate to someone else.

[quote name='JadedJedi']I'm on the team. XBL: BlooRaspberry PSN: darthastard[/QUOTE]

Could you give your donation link please?

Thanks!

[quote name='Beatofficer']Anyone thinking about blogging while doing this?[/QUOTE]

I thought about it. I hope to hook up with a few CAGs on Halo, Medal of Honor (PS3), MAG, or Uncharted, as well as whatever Gamefly decides to send me. I still plan on a doing a little bit of single player.

Who knows. Might be a game day decision, depending on whether or not my eyes melt off.

bread's done
Back