Extra Life Charity Gaming Marathon - RAFFLE WINNERS ANNOUNCED - CHECK LIST

Trying out my Ustream video feed in prep for saturday. I'm wondering if should refrain from streaming live video if I'm playing an M rated game (Resident Evil 5).

[quote name='doctorfaustus']Trying out my Ustream video feed in prep for saturday. I'm wondering if should refrain from streaming live video if I'm playing an M rated game (Resident Evil 5).[/QUOTE]

justin.tv has never had a problem with it. I've never really been to Ustream.

Take that for what it's worth.

[quote name='DrMunkee']justin.tv has never had a problem with it. I've never really been to Ustream.

Take that for what it's worth.[/QUOTE]

Hmm. Going to check out justin.tv, thanks!

My gaming session will be broadcasted through here: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/extralife-gaming-marathon1

Don't have a specific game that I plan to play, so I will probably wing it, but I hope to play at least 1 hour of each of the following games:
- Dead Rising 2
- Halo: Reach
- Fallout 3
- Mass Effect
- Rock Band
- BioShock 2

Hope we can play some game together as well... as I've never had the pleasure to play games with CAG members so far.

There will be times where I won't be broadcasting and playing PSP (Kingdom Hearts: BBS) or iPad (Brothers in Arms, Angry Birds, etc).

Let's have some fun!!!
Sang

[quote name='bluedotlounge'][/QUOTE]

That looks like a shipping nightmare. I hope someone has connections at the post office. Very awesome, though.

I'm going to start sending out friend invites for XBL/PSN. You don't have to accept if you don't want to. I don't bite!

[quote name='frostybroc']Those prizes for the charity? man I would love a copy of Castlevania for the PS3[/QUOTE]

Yup. All for the raffle! And you DO have a chance to win.

Good stuff.

I've done some reaching out and anyone who donates to me (click here to donate!) will be entered into my raffle! The prizes I have so far are:

Space Invaders Infinity Gene (PSN)
RUSE (Steam)
Gladiator Begins (PSP)
Young Thor (PSP Mini)
After Burner Climax (PSN)
Zen Pinball (PSN)
Lara Croft and Guardian of Light (PSN)
Risk: Factions (XBLA)

Hopefully some more to follow.

Hey bluedotlounge, when you get a chance, LMK if you are going to be adding that raffle prize that I PM'd you about. I'll need to pull one from the site quantity.

My brother-in-law and sister-in-law just refused to donate. (they also eat out every single night). So I've decided I'll be giving them their X-Mas present early, with a donation in their name to Children's Miracle Network!

[quote name='Hell Monkey']My brother-in-law and sister-in-law just refused to donate. (they also eat out every single night). So I've decided I'll be giving them their X-Mas present early, with a donation in their name to Children's Miracle Network![/QUOTE]

Hahaha.

That's pretty funny.

[quote name='Hell Monkey']My brother-in-law and sister-in-law just refused to donate. (they also eat out every single night). So I've decided I'll be giving them their X-Mas present early, with a donation in their name to Children's Miracle Network![/QUOTE]

Nice.

181) Sony - God of War: Ghost of Sparta (PSP)
182) Square Enix - Front Mission Evolved (PS3)
183) Square Enix - Front Mission Evolved (PS3)
184) Square Enix - Front Mission Evolved (PS3)
185) Square Enix - Front Mission Evolved (PS3)
186) Square Enix - Front Mission Evolved (PS3)
187) Square Enix - Front Mission (DS)
188) Square Enix - Front Mission (DS)
189) Square Enix - Front Mission (DS)
190) Square Enix - Front Mission (DS)
191) Square Enix - Front Mission (DS)
192) Square Enix - Supreme Commander 2 (PC)
193) Square Enix - Supreme Commander 2 (PC)
194) Square Enix - Supreme Commander 2 (PC)
195) Square Enix - Supreme Commander 2 (PC)
196) Square Enix - Supreme Commander 2 (PC)
197) Square Enix - Final Fantasy II (PSP)
198) Square Enix - Final Fantasy II (PSP)
199) Square Enix - Final Fantasy II (PSP)
200) Square Enix - Final Fantasy II (PSP)
201) Square Enix - Final Fantasy II (PSP)

He did it! He broke 200!

HOORAY!

My review copy of Kirby came in. I'll add it to the marathon playlist. If I stream it, you'll get to hear my better half and I endure the whole game on co-op

[quote name='DrMunkee']181) Sony - God of War: Ghost of Sparta (PSP)
182) Square Enix - Front Mission Evolved (PS3)
183) Square Enix - Front Mission Evolved (PS3)
184) Square Enix - Front Mission Evolved (PS3)
185) Square Enix - Front Mission Evolved (PS3)
186) Square Enix - Front Mission Evolved (PS3)
187) Square Enix - Front Mission (DS)
188) Square Enix - Front Mission (DS)
189) Square Enix - Front Mission (DS)
190) Square Enix - Front Mission (DS)
191) Square Enix - Front Mission (DS)
192) Square Enix - Supreme Commander 2 (PC)
193) Square Enix - Supreme Commander 2 (PC)
194) Square Enix - Supreme Commander 2 (PC)
195) Square Enix - Supreme Commander 2 (PC)
196) Square Enix - Supreme Commander 2 (PC)
197) Square Enix - Final Fantasy II (PSP)
198) Square Enix - Final Fantasy II (PSP)
199) Square Enix - Final Fantasy II (PSP)
200) Square Enix - Final Fantasy II (PSP)
201) Square Enix - Final Fantasy II (PSP)

He did it! He broke 200!

HOORAY![/QUOTE]

Wow, awesome, but I shudder at the thought of packaging and mailing all those games.

I just can't get anyone to donate :( I got a bunch of codes to give away but I guess I started too late and everybody has already donated.

[quote name='mp1434']I just can't get anyone to donate :( I got a bunch of codes to give away but I guess I started too late and everybody has already donated.[/QUOTE]

There ya go...donation sent! good luck! ;-)

Last edited by a moderator:
bluedotlounge,

I just donated $25 dollars to myself. I'm on Team CAG, so I wanted to let you know for the raffle. I'm hoping I can get some other people to donate throughout the day, I'll keep you updated.

Do we need to do anything special for the raffles or just keep getting donations as we are doing? (Sorry so many posts to go through so figured be easier to just ask)

First person to DM me will get a donation from me for Team CAG. I would donate on Cheapy's but he doesn't need my help.

I just donated to Mr.Dude. Sorry I can't participate more.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd really love to know exactly where the money seems to go. Child's Play was just a charity to buy games for kids ...which was absolutely useless in my mind.

This one is to support Children's hospitals? Doesn't even say in what way.

[quote name='Microshock']I'd really love to know exactly where the money seems to go. Child's Play was just a charity to buy games for kids ...which was absolutely useless in my mind.

This one is to support Children's hospitals? Doesn't even say in what way.[/QUOTE]

There have been tons of emails to participants about how they are supporting hospitals.

I'll post it just to make it easier:

doc2.jpg

Doc Extra Life: The REAL reason we do this

October 10th, 2010 at 9:11 am · No Comments

Have you ever been to a NICU?.
NICU stands for Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, and to seriously over-simplify things it’s where babies go when they are born WAY WAY too early. They use pieces of equpiment called Isolettes and Jet Ventilators to save the tiniest of people every day.
Pull out your cell phone and look at it. We are talking about babies the size of your cell phone.
Now in many towns, if you were to look closely at the equipment inside these NICU’s you would be very likely to find stickers and placards that say “Proviided by Children’s Miracle Network.”
That means, that it was provided by people like you.
Your efforts will have a specific and measurable outcome in your hometown. The equipment is only the first part. The real outcome of your hard work for Extra Life is measured in ways many of us take for granted: Milestones like going home… first steps…
birthdays… getting a first tooth… the first day of school… graduation.
It’s so easy to focus on the short term when working on a project like Extra Life. Though inspiring on its own, when considered with what really happens when you make the decision to really help others… well it’s life changing.
This week, as you make the final push towards our 3rd annual Extra Life Marathon, think about the kids in your life for whom you are thankful. Whether they are your own sons and daughters, a niece or nephew, a younger brother or sister. Think about the lengths
you’d go to for them. To help THEM out. Then, just for this week, let another child take their place. A kid who really DOES need the help.
You’re raising money for your local Children’s Miracle Network Hospital, and if you haven’t already done so, I would encourage each of you to follow this link and learn more about this amazing organization. You’ll find a lot of information, videos, and stories….
right here.
https://www.hospitalshelpingkids.org/CKCProd/bmct.aspx?id=3812da1377494befa65b0871250ddb9e
Have a fantastic, successful, and meaningful week friends. A lot of families, doctors, nurses, and kids are cheering for you.
Sincerely,
Doc

Question, would anyone be interested in doing a full run through of Borderlands on Steam I don't have any of the DLC or anything and it'd be with fresh characters. It'd be cool if we could get 4 people or whatever and fly through the game. Let me know!

[quote name='Beatofficer']Question, would anyone be interested in doing a full run through of Borderlands on Steam I don't have any of the DLC or anything and it'd be with fresh characters. It'd be cool if we could get 4 people or whatever and fly through the game. Let me know![/QUOTE]

Let's do it! I just downloaded borderlands on steam :lol:

I'm totally going for the "A Monument to All Your Sins" Achievement in Reach. It'll take a lot of time and effort, and really put some weight behind what I'm doing. If you guys want to support me, pop into party chat!!!!

Hi

I'm a bit of a lurker here on CAG but this is my second year doing Extra Life so I thought I'd join the team. I just passed my target this morning (yay!) and am currently at $1070 with hopefully a little more to come.

I'm going to be playing 24 different games, one per hour, and anyone donating over $24 to me can pick one. There's a list on my page at adamreeve.com/24in24 of the current picks. Some people are kind, some not so much (Dora the Explorer??!?!).

My XBL and PSN tag is polymeric and my link is https://www.hospitalshelpingkids.org/ExtraLife/m.aspx?i=185646BB6CA35+F37

Good luck everyone!

I forgot I installed windows 7 and didn't reinstall my games, so I'm going to reinstall Borderlands right now, my steam ID is Beatvega if you can add that to the OP, please.

[quote name='Wombat']

I just donated to Mr.Dude. Sorry I can't participate more.[/QUOTE]

It is like I've told my friends who give $5 and say they're sorry they can't give more. Every little bit helps and you should be happy that you even gave when so many don't.

[quote name='Hell Monkey']It is like I've told my friends who give $5 and say they're sorry they can't give more. Every little bit helps and you should be happy that you even gave when so many don't.[/QUOTE]

Exactly!!!!

Im currently working on getting a stream and webcam working for tomorrow. Once I get everything worked out I will put up the info to be added to the list.

Also....cmon someone donate the last 9 dollars I need for the goal.

bread's done
Back