Extra Life Charity Gaming Marathon - RAFFLE WINNERS ANNOUNCED - CHECK LIST

[quote name='hell monkey']it is like i've told my friends who give $5 and say they're sorry they can't give more. Every little bit helps and you should be happy that you even gave when so many don't.[/quote]

qft

[quote name='Hell Monkey']It is like I've told my friends who give $5 and say they're sorry they can't give more. Every little bit helps and you should be happy that you even gave when so many don't.[/QUOTE]

I had plenty give 3-5 dollars and it really does add up.

Wow! I go to work for a few hours and this thread decides to go through a growth spirt.

I'll sort through it an see what I need to add/answer. (If I miss anything, shoot me a PM. )

Thanks everyone!

ALL PRIZE DONORS -

I'm trusting you to be keeping track of all your donors. If you need help, I can spare a little time.

[quote name='polymeric']Hi

I'm a bit of a lurker here on CAG but this is my second year doing Extra Life so I thought I'd join the team. I just passed my target this morning (yay!) and am currently at $1070 with hopefully a little more to come.

I'm going to be playing 24 different games, one per hour, and anyone donating over $24 to me can pick one. There's a list on my page at adamreeve.com/24in24 of the current picks. Some people are kind, some not so much (Dora the Explorer??!?!).

My XBL and PSN tag is polymeric and my link is https://www.hospitalshelpingkids.org/ExtraLife/m.aspx?i=185646BB6CA35+F37

Good luck everyone![/QUOTE]

That's...a lot of money. Thanks for joining!

[quote name='Microshock']I'd really love to know exactly where the money seems to go. Child's Play was just a charity to buy games for kids ...which was absolutely useless in my mind.

This one is to support Children's hospitals? Doesn't even say in what way.[/QUOTE]

To put it even more simply, and just in case you hate the "middle men" that tend to get in the way of fundraisers....

How is the money collected? Where does it go?
All funds are collected by Children’s Miracle Network and dispersed directly to the hospital that the participant selected during the registration process. By default, this is the CMN hospital closest to their home zipcode. There is an interface for your sponsors to make credit card or check card donations, as well as a way for you to register gifts that you personally collect in your local area. At no time is Sarcastic Gamer or any non-CMN entity in posession of ANY donations that come through your personal page.

[quote name='Beatofficer']$5 short of my goal, I don't know why I'm so excited about this haha.[/QUOTE]

And now you are $1 off, because I just wanted to be an ass and tease you. :bouncy: (For a good cause!)

[quote name='DrMunkee']And now you are $1 off, because I just wanted to be an ass and tease you. :bouncy: (For a good cause!)[/QUOTE]

Dude, you should totally be a jerk, and donate to my page til I only have one dollar left to reach my goal. That would teach me ;););)

[quote name='Mr Dude65']Dude, you should totally be a jerk, and donate to my page til I only have one dollar left to reach my goal. That would teach me ;););)[/QUOTE]

Hahaha. Trust me. If I could, I would.

But nicely played.

You know, I just listened to the CAGcast shout out and realized how much of a douche I sounded like, because they read the "thank you' part before the actual shout out.

Just a note; that "thank you' was for the previous week's shout out. I wasn't trying to imply that I KNEW you were going to give us another shout out! I'm not that much of an douche unless you try to steal my Skittles.

Hahaha, I was on the phone with my friend and I started laughing and he asked "what?" and I responded with "I'm $5 short of my goal and someone donated $4"

[quote name='DrMunkee']Hahaha. Trust me. If I could, I would.

But nicely played.

You know, I just listened to the CAGcast shout out and realized how much of a douche I sounded like, because they read the "thank you' part before the actual shout out.

Just a note; that "thank you' was for the previous week's shout out. I wasn't trying to imply that I KNEW you were going to give us another shout out! I'm not that much of an douche unless you try to steal my Skittles.[/QUOTE]

We knew what you meant, no one thinks you are douche. Well Shipwreck does.

[quote name='DrMunkee']Hahaha. Trust me. If I could, I would.

But nicely played.

Just a note; that "thank you' was for the previous week's shout out. I wasn't trying to imply that I KNEW you were going to give us another shout out! I'm not that much of an douche unless you try to steal my Skittles.[/QUOTE]

That just reminded me that I have a nice, fresh bag of Crazy Cores for tomorrow!!!!! I was thinking of trying to make cupcakes with them. Mmmmm . . .

Here is something cool for Uncharted 2 fans.

Seems Naughty Dog is celebrating the one year anniversary tomorrow. (Seems to be good timing imo :D)

"The UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves One Year Anniversary Event will run a FULL 24 HOURS from Saturday, October 16, 2010, at 12:01 AM (what time is that in my city?) through Saturday, October 16, 2010, at 11:59 PM."

They are doing some cool stuff including 5x Cash in all playlists.

Heres a link for details: http://www.naughtydog.com/site/post/uncharted_2_one_year_anniversary_event_details/

[quote name='Wombat']We knew what you meant, no one thinks you are douche. Well Shipwreck does.[/QUOTE]

Hahaha. Thanks.

That's OK. Bengals fans don't count as real people anyway.

[quote name='xilly']Setting a low goal because I don't have a lot of time tomorrow, but I'm in and joined on the CAG team page. May try to set up streaming via UStream, we'll see.

Link - https://www.hospitalshelpingkids.org/ExtraLife/m.aspx?i=21790D0297E80DD7A

XBL/PSN - sybaritictrance[/QUOTE]

Every little dollar helps!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='DrMunkee']Every little dollar helps![/QUOTE]

I posted it on Facebook, wifey sneakily donated $30 so I'm already over halfway there! :D

Well after I get a few more donations tonight I should get past the $50 mark, a long way from my goal of $200, but not bad considering I was out of the country for most the time. If anyone though is looking to give some money, but needs an incentive let me know. I may be able to work something out.

Do we have a fax # for Extra Life/CMN? My work should match some of the donations I've received (we all work same place) but we have to fax something to them so they can claim it.

[quote name='Hell Monkey']Do we have a fax # for Extra Life/CMN? My work should match some of the donations I've received (we all work same place) but we have to fax something to them so they can claim it.[/QUOTE]

Phew. I looked all over the page and found nothing about fax numbers.

You might just want to email them. This one is out of my league.

Donated $20 late in the game to bluedotlounge. I wish I'd gotten in on this earlier, but good luck to everyone involved, and great job raising so much scratch, CAGs! Have fun playing!

Good luck to everyone !
Sounds like it will be a fun experience (an a great excuse to play all day)
The downside is I have other commitments tomorrow & can't join in

But I can still show support so I made a donation to the bluedotlounge to help the cause!

I'll have an hourly blog link on Examiner.com tomorrow. I was planning on UStream, but Nintendo didn't want me to show all of Kirby. It's cool. Less work for me. So my playlist is:

1) Castlevania: Lords of Shadow
2) Kirby's Epic Yarn
3) If extra time available, DLC review backlog: Sonic 4, Limbo, Shank, Dead Space Ignition

Actually a review copy of the Ys III remake just arrived. I think that'll replace item 3.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reached my goal about 30 minutes ago. I might switch it up with my playing. Fallout 3 for 24 hours straight might make me angry, though I'm going to be throwing borderlands in there on steam if we can get the people.

I just got in Resident Evil 5 so I might do that too. Not sure how often I should blog, I was thinking once every 3 hours or so with little updates/attempts to collect a little more funds.

much props to you for getting all those raffle prizes together. I am amazed that the gaming community is doing something this amazing. I wish that mainstream media would get wind of this and maybe gamers would get some positive exposure.

ok still havent gotten the posting thing down yet so sorry for the post above that don't make sense. they are mr reaction's to earlier posts, but apparently "reply" doesn't work the way i thought it would.
anyway I just made my goal!!!! i am very excited to have made it. I hope to still get some more donations to roll in tomorrow. I can't wait for next year. With plenty of time I can get some great raffle prizes and badger some more of my family to come off of the coin. Still I am happy to have done m little part and I'm ready to meet some of you tomorrow. I am going to try and sleep now. It's going to be hard I feel like a kid on Christmas Eve

I was bummed when I thought I couldn't participate in this due to my wife's friend' 40th birthday tomorrow. But, now that I know you don't have to do the 24 hours in one sitting (as much as I'd love to be able to do that again like when I was on summer break), I'm definitely in. My goal is a conservative $100, since it's last minute and I don't know how many people I can get to donate before the window closes. Here's my page for anyone who wants to help out.

https://www.hospitalshelpingkids.org/ExtraLife/m.aspx?i=218638991E62A+443

PSN ID: Ardrid
Steam ID: Ardrid

Hope to see everyone online and hope everyone hits their goals.

I should also let everyone know that my prizes are still up for grabs. Come on and help me reach that goal. I'm at $154 right now so I need $56 more!

I'm starting early it's 2:15 AM and looks like its going to be Monster Hunter 3. Get at me if you wanna run some event quests or anything.

Frosty DZLZAK

A couple things:

1) I've decided to start at noon as I want to do some last minute plugging as well as clean up of my place. I think my mild mess would be too distracting as something as focused and immersive as an extended playthough of a game. It's also sort of how I like to clean my place before a trip just so I could come home to cleanliness.

2) THIS IS KINDA BIG. I talked to Dr. Munkee earlier to get his OK and I decided to double all my donors' raffle entries. So now it's $1 = 2 entries. This is so they have a fighting chance to compete for raffle prizes against those who are running their own fundraising on Team CAG.

I haven't had much luck so far. Even people that donated last year have been ignoring my emails and I joined a couple months ago.
So if anyone wants to help out I'd appreciate it.

I'm raising money for the Texas Children's Hospital because that are treating a family members Leukemia. It is really amazing all the care they provide these kids.

https://www.hospitalshelpingkids.org/ExtraLife/m.aspx?i=18476435EB2D36FD1

Note: Because MY children each have multiple events on Saturday, I'll been gaming next weekend. I have to to be good to my own kids, before helping others :)

[quote name='mp1434']its started! Livestream go! http://www.livestream.com/gotloveforgames[/QUOTE]

Great! I'll check it out as soon as I finish up a few things.

By the way, today is your favorite Hallmark holiday...Sweetest Day!

If you are participating in the marathon and have a significant other, please be sure to call them and tell them how awesome they are.

Well I managed to get to 80 dollars which I guess isn't bad with the situation I was in to gather donations. Might be able to gather a bit more money throughout the day. I'm starting on the Xbox if anyone wants to play anything, might do some Red Dead Redemption or something.

I put in a bunch of gaming last night. Not sure if I'm going to count it as an early part of this or not. (depends how long the wife wants to go to the store today, lol)

Either way I'm getting started. Already see Munkee online. Let's Get it On!

bread's done
Back