Extra Life Charity Gaming Marathon - RAFFLE WINNERS ANNOUNCED - CHECK LIST

[quote name='Beatofficer']Anyone thinking about blogging while doing this?[/QUOTE]

I planned on giving it a shot.

I will be on for some Reach at some point. I'm going to try to get to every system I own at some poitn but haven't figured out a break down. I do have my game line up right now though

360: Halo: Reach, Spider-Man Shattered Dimensions, and Tales of Vesperia (I need to grind some and work on the 100 hr achievement)
PS3: Final Fantasy XIII
PSP: Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep
DS: Lufia: Curse of the Sinistrals
Wii: Silent Hill

Yeah, I'm thinking about blogging about it and try to promote to raise more money during the event. Hopefully I'll be able to reach my $250 goal.

I've been away for a month, but I just got back and signed up for ExtraLife. I'm setting my goal low because I only just joined with 4 days left. Looking forward to playing with some of you guys on Saturday. (I live in Korea so I will be starting things off earlier than many of you... guess I will be starting at same time as CheapyD)

My donation page: https://www.hospitalshelpingkids.org/ExtraLife/m.aspx?i=212089BE73D5AEE53
XBL account: Sangriaz
(Not listing my other console accounts because I don't plan to play them except for occassional iPad/iPhone breaks offline)

See you on Saturday!!!
Sang

[quote name='ceck3969']I might do a Ustream of my basement for my site, probably playing Mafia 2, Castlvania, and MOH.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='PepsiDriver']I was planning on posting Tweets and FB posts throughout the day. I may even upload a few videos to YouTube.

Twitter - Facebook - YouTube[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Hell Monkey']I planned on giving it a shot.

I will be on for some Reach at some point. I'm going to try to get to every system I own at some poitn but haven't figured out a break down. I do have my game line up right now though

360: Halo: Reach, Spider-Man Shattered Dimensions, and Tales of Vesperia (I need to grind some and work on the 100 hr achievement)
PS3: Final Fantasy XIII
PSP: Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep
DS: Lufia: Curse of the Sinistrals
Wii: Silent Hill[/QUOTE]

[quote name='frostybroc']Blogging sounds good, but I don't have a gaming website just a general one. Maybe I should start one up? Hmm...[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Beatofficer']Yeah, I'm thinking about blogging about it and try to promote to raise more money during the event. Hopefully I'll be able to reach my $250 goal.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='bluedotlounge']I'm just gonna to hourly updates on my Examiner.com page so I can focus on my playthroughs.[/QUOTE]

If you do post/stream/upload a blog/live stream/video, throw me a link and I'll start a new section in the OP. I don't know if many people would be interested, but it will serve as a nice reference so people will know exactly what went down and maybe get involved next year. Who knows, they might even donate a few bucks.

[quote name='DrMunkee']If you do post/stream/upload a blog/live stream/video, throw me a link and I'll start a new section in the OP. I don't know if many people would be interested, but it will serve as a nice reference so people will know exactly what went down and maybe get involved next year. Who knows, they might even donate a few bucks.[/QUOTE]

I will be streaming for the duration of the event
http://www.justin.tv/liberaltugboat

I joined! XBL: GIDoty, I'll probably be playing some Reach during the day my network is kinda screwy at night. Other than that heres what I plan to play during the 24 hours (I'm gonna be playing these games throughout next week because I'm kinda busy this weekend with midterms and another charity for my local hospital) :

Pokemon Soul Silver (need to beat Red)
Tales of Symphonia 2 (need to start it)
Valkyria Chronicles 2
MGS Peace Walker
Brutal Legend
Dead Space

Uh...yeah...the 3rd party PR firm that helps out companies like Konami and 505 Games is committing the following to my charity raffle:

50(!) copies of Naughty Bear
30 copies of DiRT
10 copies of Castlevania: Lords of Shadow

I'll update the complete list shortly for DrMunkee to update.

[quote name='bluedotlounge']Uh...yeah...the 3rd party PR firm that helps out companies like Konami and 505 Games is committing the following to my charity raffle:

50(!) copies of Naughty Bear
30 copies of DiRT
10 copies of Castlevania: Lords of Shadow

I'll update the complete list shortly for DrMunkee to update.[/QUOTE]

Naughty Bear for everybody! See Wombat, this is why they charge for the extra DLC. They knew that CAG was going to be getting a ton of copies to give away.

Just registered, wish I would have known about this a bit sooner I think I could have got a lot of people to sponsor me. Oh well whatever little bit I get will help right.

So here is my donation page link : https://www.hospitalshelpingkids.org/ExtraLife/m.aspx?i=21339AFCBD839+835

And my Gamer info

Xbox Live: Waatulakula
PSN: Waatulakula

Please send me friend invites and maybe what games you are going to play. I am still new to CAG and think this will be a great way to get to know the community. Anyway good luck to everyone. I'm off to stock up on Energy Drinks and Microsoft Points / PSN Cards

I emailed a local popular radio host that I listen to everyday to see if we can get a plug for this, gave him the link to the extra life page, the team page and my blog.

I explained what it was about and gave him my phone number, I'm hoping he'll put a link on his site or mention something on air about it. Fingers crossed

[quote name='waatulakula']Just registered, wish I would have known about this a bit sooner I think I could have got a lot of people to sponsor me. Oh well whatever little bit I get will help right.

So here is my donation page link : https://www.hospitalshelpingkids.org/ExtraLife/m.aspx?i=21339AFCBD839+835

And my Gamer info

Xbox Live: Waatulakula
PSN: Waatulakula

Please send me friend invites and maybe what games you are going to play. I am still new to CAG and think this will be a great way to get to know the community. Anyway good luck to everyone. I'm off to stock up on Energy Drinks and Microsoft Points / PSN Cards[/QUOTE]

EVERY little bit DOES help. That's why you only need raise/donate $1 to earn an entry into bluedotlounge's raffle. He made a smart choice. Getting a bunch of people to raise/donate a little bit is better than one or two people raising/donating a little bit more.

And i'll be sending out friend invites soon. You don't have to accept, but I figure it will make for some nice get togethers.

[quote name='Beatofficer']I emailed a local popular radio host that I listen to everyday to see if we can get a plug for this, gave him the link to the extra life page, the team page and my blog.

I explained what it was about and gave him my phone number, I'm hoping he'll put a link on his site or mention something on air about it. Fingers crossed[/QUOTE]

That would be awesome! I'm surprised by the effort a lot of CAGs have put into this!

...and don't worry. I haven't forgotten that I still need to raise money. :bouncy:

[quote name='morph3us']also xbl m0rp43u5 , my ps3 is currently not working, will see if I can borrow one

is anyone else going to set up a ustream for this?[/QUOTE]

I seemed to have missed your post of adding you to the team. Sorry!

Could you give me your donation link, please? So I can add you.

I wouldn't mind doing some kind of video stream for this. I only have the webcam on my laptop, and I don't know how that would work if I get on steam or something else on my PC. I haven't done any kind of ustream before though so I don't know what exactly it entails or who would want to watch me play video games for 24 hours lol. Anyone got any info or suggestion they care to share?

Now two questions. If I can't play 24 hours straight that day I can play the remaining 24 hours another day correct? Also, does handheld gaming count? Thanks

[quote name='jaydepps']Now two questions. If I can't play 24 hours straight that day I can play the remaining 24 hours another day correct? Also, does handheld gaming count? Thanks[/QUOTE]
I would think portablegaming would count. What matters most is the kids.

[quote name='jaydepps']Now two questions. If I can't play 24 hours straight that day I can play the remaining 24 hours another day correct? Also, does handheld gaming count? Thanks[/QUOTE]

Yes and yes. Everything counts, from Farmville to the PS3.

And if you can't play the full 24 hours straight, don't worry too much about it. It's mostly about raising the money, but you can fulfill the 24 hour commitment any way you can.

[quote name='doctorfaustus']I'm thinking this might be a good time to take on the co-op achievement in Dead Rising 2. Any interest out there?[/QUOTE]

I would have loved to, but Gamefly has failed to get the game to me even though I've had it in my queue since day one with an open spot to ship.

If I do get it in time, I'll shoot you a message. Don't count on it, though.

Man, I can't get ANYONE to donate, and I'm too poor to offer prizes! What can I do to get more people interested? I'm mainly talking about local people like teachers and parents, but I'll take any advice. Does anyone on here want to donate to my fund???

I was thinking of giving away the two mirrors in my TL for the top donater and the runner up. Would anyone be interested?? Here are pics:

DigitalCamera058.jpg

DigitalCamera057.jpg

Let me know if you guys are interested. I would be more than happy to put them up for charity!! Just make the donations reasonable, as these took some time.

[quote name='Mr Dude65']Man, I can't get ANYONE to donate, and I'm too poor to offer prizes! What can I do to get more people interested? I'm mainly talking about local people like teachers and parents, but I'll take any advice. Does anyone on here want to donate to my fund???
[/QUOTE]

Personally, I just shot out my link to family members/ friends via e-mail. Just explain what is up, direct them to the website, and hope they donate.

[quote name='DrMunkee']Personally, I just shot out my link to family members/ friends via e-mail. Just explain what is up, direct them to the website, and hope they donate.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I sent an email to EVERYONE in my school, 216 people, and no one has donated yet! I even got a, "I don't want to support you playing videogames all day," from one of my art teachers. Unbelievable!!

Anyways, do you think putting the mirrors up for CAG members would get them to donate? They're pretty cool, and definitely unique! Please let me know if you are interested, guys!!!! Really want to help out!

Is there going to be like a chat room or anything that will be open for the 24 hours? I think it would be cool to keep up with fellow participants for various reasons. ie: Game coordination, general chatting, moral support (because we are going to be tired folks), etc.

I went to my local used game store, Replays and got the hook up on a Nintendo 64!

I'm going to be playing through WCW/NWO Revenge, WWF Wrestlemania 2000 and WWF No Mercy.
I also want to grab Raw vs. Smackdown 2010 and play through it, too.

[quote name='Mr Dude65']Yeah, I sent an email to EVERYONE in my school, 216 people, and no one has donated yet! I even got a, "I don't want to support you playing videogames all day," from one of my art teachers. Unbelievable!!

Anyways, do you think putting the mirrors up for CAG members would get them to donate? They're pretty cool, and definitely unique! Please let me know if you are interested, guys!!!! Really want to help out![/QUOTE]

Try getting your parents/spouse/family members/friends to ask around their work. It works for me.

And yes, those mirrors are pretty cool. Really cool, in fact. But we've had trouble getting people to donate to the giveaways. The only really successful thing we have had is the big raffle.

But feel free to put it up for grabs. I'll support it all the way!

[quote name='PepsiDriver']Is there going to be like a chat room or anything that will be open for the 24 hours? I think it would be cool to keep up with fellow participants for various reasons. ie: Game coordination, general chatting, moral support (because we are going to be tired folks), etc.
[/QUOTE]

This...is....an amazing idea. I'll work on it tonight!

Alright! I'm putting the mirrors up for grabs!!! Top donator will get their choice of either one, and the runner-up will receive the other. Minimum donation of $15 to be in the giveaway. These are definitely unique, and won't be found anywhere else, so please donate so you can have a chance to win them. Thanks!!!

[quote name='DrMunkee']But we've had trouble getting people to donate to the giveaways. The only really successful thing we have had is the big raffle.[/QUOTE]

The big raffle is tough to beat :whistle2:/
I had to donate to support it, nice job.
On one hand I'm glad to not have to part with any of my games for my giveaway, on the other hand I'm disappointed that my attempt to boost donations failed miserably. I'm considering lowering the donation requirement but I have a feeling I'll get the same result.

[quote name='kevindoc']The big raffle is tough to beat :whistle2:/
I had to donate to support it, nice job.
On one hand I'm glad to not have to part with any of my games for my giveaway, on the other hand I'm disappointed that my attempt to boost donations failed miserably. I'm considering lowering the donation requirement but I have a feeling I'll get the same result.[/QUOTE]

Don't be disappointed. Nobody could out do a raffle that big.

Nobody could have guessed it would grow that big. Not even bluedotlounge.

That being said, I am EXTREMELY happy that it did. It is a HUGE draw...and I am thankful for every prize that is offered, including every single copy of Naughty Bear.

Every little effort and every little dollar helps. So the next time you have an idea or anything, throw it into the pile and see what happens. Look at what happened to the big raffle; it started as a humble raffle, and now it is eating anything that gets in its way.

But seriously, good job EVERYBODY. This includes the donors, raisers, prize donate...ers, raffle runners, and even bluedotlounge's contacts who provided the prizes.

[quote name='PepsiDriver']Is there going to be like a chat room or anything that will be open for the 24 hours? I think it would be cool to keep up with fellow participants for various reasons. ie: Game coordination, general chatting, moral support (because we are going to be tired folks), etc.

I went to my local used game store, Replays and got the hook up on a Nintendo 64!

I'm going to be playing through WCW/NWO Revenge, WWF Wrestlemania 2000 and WWF No Mercy.
I also want to grab Raw vs. Smackdown 2010 and play through it, too.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='DrMunkee']Testing new chat room to see if this website works.

http://www.99chats.com/room_106337

I'll just leave this up to make sure it is stable and will keep going. Say something if you get in. I'll probably not always be around to answer.

EDIT : Here is a different one to try out. Which do you like better?

http://tinychat.com/cagextralifecharityteam

EDIT #2 : Fairly large storm moving in. If my internet goes out, I'm sorry.

EDIT #3 : We've decided. tinychat it is! Look for a link at the top of the OP on Gameday morning.[/QUOTE]

If it doesn't work out, you can always use mine. I don't mind as it's for CAGs anyway.

I also sent a PM to bluedotlounge to add an item from dv8CAG.com into his raffle as I don't have time to participate since I have to take care of my son all day.

Yeah, I did the same as Munkee, but I expanded it to people I used to play MMOs with, (RWK, WoW, FFXI) and that ended up being my meat and potatoes of my donations. I can also suggest posting the link on facebook (if you have it) and ask that other people post it on their walls in hopes that someone will donate. As a group we've raised $3,500 and I'm sure that'll go up.

When is the cutoff for the donations? Are people able to donate during the 24 hour marathon? I didn't see anywhere, I could be blind though.

Looking at our person list, it seems a lot of people are capping around $250 too, I think a lot of people put their goal super high and feel disappointed by it, but everyone is trying their hardest for this. Good job everyone. :)

Also, I didn't hear back from the radiostation, which sucks, but I think they're not allowed to promote charities that aren't their own, I know they raise a ton of money for UC Davis (I think) every year with their Rob Arnie and Dawn-a-thon.

[quote name='dv8mad']If it doesn't work out, you can always use mine. I don't mind as it's for CAGs anyway.

I also sent a PM to bluedotlounge to add an item from dv8CAG.com into his raffle as I don't have time to participate since I have to take care of my son all day.[/QUOTE]

I think we might just do this. Your chat is much sexier (and probably more stable) than the others. Thanks!

[quote name='Beatofficer']Yeah, I did the same as Munkee, but I expanded it to people I used to play MMOs with, (RWK, WoW, FFXI) and that ended up being my meat and potatoes of my donations. I can also suggest posting the link on facebook (if you have it) and ask that other people post it on their walls in hopes that someone will donate. As a group we've raised $3,500 and I'm sure that'll go up.

When is the cutoff for the donations? Are people able to donate during the 24 hour marathon? I didn't see anywhere, I could be blind though.

Looking at our person list, it seems a lot of people are capping around $250 too, I think a lot of people put their goal super high and feel disappointed by it, but everyone is trying their hardest for this. Good job everyone. :)[/QUOTE]

I think donations are allowed throughout the marathon, and maybe a little after.

Hey! People who were wanting to use a chatroom for the marathon -

We've moved HERE. dv8mad was kind enough to let us use his chatroom that already has a few CAGs registered.

That being said, you should register your name!

bread's done
Back