Photo
- - - - -

PSN has returned. What freebie games are you getting?

• Please log in to reply
4166 replies to this topic

#4141 axlrose4183

axlrose4183

Posted 26 June 2011 - 12:14 PM

I just got back in the PS3 game on Friday, had my old account still so I got in on the free schwag. I picked Dead Nation, which is off the chain and Infamous. I'm digging the whole PS Plus concept, been playing Streets Of Rage 2.

#4142 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2011 - 01:28 PM

What.....the.....Fuck!?!?!? I downloaded Super Stardust HD last night/this morning and when I went to play it there's a 235mb 'patch' for it? Geez. Are all of these free titles broken? I think I had a pretty large patch with Dead Nation too.

You know what's funny? One of the free games IS broken for me. I didn't think anything like this would happen to me. The game in question is Wipeout HD, and I'm not sure what to do about it.

The singleplayer is perfectly fine, but when I try to create an online game it gives me a network error, and if I join any games my PS3 freezes near the start of the race every time. The odd thing is this only happens on my MAIN account. I tried the other accounts I have and it works fine. I have no idea how one account can be bugged yet all other accounts work.

I tried googling for information about it and issues like mine seem to be pretty common dating back to around 2008 or 2009. I found an old thread about it with a fix for it which was to get SCEE to unbug/reset your account for you. I don't know if you can get this done by contacting SCEE directly, but there was a guy that had a couple of contacts in SCEE that helped out a bunch of people with this issue and got it fixed for them. I PM'd the guy asking for any advice or if he could get his contacts to help and it was a no go, he said the contacts he had were no longer apart of SCEE and that I was the 5th one this week to contact him about the issue lol.

I suppose it's not a big deal, since I can use others accounts rather than my main to play the game online, but I won't be able to get the online trophies on my main account. There's also the possibility that my other accounts will eventually get bugged in the same way.

Edited by spoderman, 26 June 2011 - 02:53 PM.

#4143 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 26 June 2011 - 02:45 PM

The singleplayer is perfectly fine, but when I try to create an online game it gives me a network error, and if I join any games my PS3 freezes near the star of the race every time. The odd thing is this only happens on my MAIN account. I tried the other accounts I have and it works fine. I have no idea how one account can be bugged yet all other accounts work.

Great, I haven't tried Wipeout yet but it'd be just my luck if I get the same thing. On another note, Dead Nation also has an online co-op issue where you get disconnected every time you move the left joystick. Apparently they never anticipated the game becoming this widespread, so there's an issue server side (they're supposedly working on a fix, but who knows). From what I've read, there is a workaround but it's stupid.

#4144 spoderman

spoderman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2011 - 02:53 PM

Great, I haven't tried Wipeout yet but it'd be just my luck if I get the same thing. On another note, Dead Nation also has an online co-op issue where you get disconnected every time you move the left joystick. Apparently they never anticipated the game becoming this widespread, so there's an issue server side (they're supposedly working on a fix, but who knows). From what I've read, there is a workaround but it's stupid.

Ouch, I was planning on playing it online with a friend in a couple days.. that's disappointing to hear. I haven't played it online yet, I hope it doesn't happen to me.

#4145 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 26 June 2011 - 03:05 PM

Ouch, I was planning on playing it online with a friend in a couple days.. that's disappointing to hear. I haven't played it online yet, I hope it doesn't happen to me.

Well, I haven't tried to go online in a week but my guess is the traffic hasn't subsided any. To be clear, it happens to everyone and the only way to actually get a game started is to face the exit and rush (L2) your way out and a little into the level before you're safe to move. You have to do this at every checkpoint IIRC and if you Fuck up, there goes your multiplier. It's just too dumb to have to fool with when you're just trying to game.

#4146 mickeyp

mickeyp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2011 - 01:05 AM

Can you download 4 games to the psp if you have 2 accounts?
Smile

#4147 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2011 - 01:15 AM

Yes.

#4148 mickeyp

mickeyp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2011 - 01:48 AM

Yes.

Can you tell me how, we can't figure out how to sign out of account, I am confused. Sorry I tried looking it up but can't seem to find anything.
Smile

#4149 Cthulhu8u

Cthulhu8u

That Innsmouth look

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2011 - 10:54 PM

You need to log in to your account on the console. For example, if you have a console that has both accounts set up on it, just turn on the machine, go to the far left icon on the XMB, and choose the other account you want to log in to instead. It should log you out of the current account and into the one you selected instead.
You'd need both accounts set up on the same console for this to work.

Posted Image

#4150 mickeyp

mickeyp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2011 - 12:01 AM

You need to log in to your account on the console. For example, if you have a console that has both accounts set up on it, just turn on the machine, go to the far left icon on the XMB, and choose the other account you want to log in to instead. It should log you out of the current account and into the one you selected instead.
You'd need both accounts set up on the same console for this to work.

I asked about the psp thanks anyway.
Smile

#4151 MICHAE2414

MICHAE2414

We'll get there soon.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2011 - 04:39 AM

Can't you sign out with the Triangle menu when selecting [PlayStation Network] -> [Account Management] on the XMB? Then just log in with a different PSN account?
Posted Image

#4152 mitch079

mitch079

Microsoft, trollin' like Doink on Crush.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2011 - 05:03 AM

Can't you sign out with the Triangle menu when selecting [PlayStation Network] -> [Account Management] on the XMB? Then just log in with a different PSN account?

Yep. But you also have to deactivate the PSP from the original account first, if I remember right, and then activate it to the new one. With the WB program, if you hadn't done this before the PSN went down, I'm 99% certain you don't get the PSP games. If they don't show up when you login on the PS3, they won't be there because you could always d/l them to your PS3 and transfer them to the PSP.

ach.pngthe_it_crowd_moss.jpg

#4153 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2011 - 05:11 AM

It would probably be easier to use Media Go and just log in to each account from there to make your choices.

#4154 Cthulhu8u

Cthulhu8u

That Innsmouth look

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2011 - 04:57 PM

Since you can download all the Welcome Back content from the PSN store via a PS3, my suggestion would still work. But yes, you would have to deactivate/activate the proper account on your PSP depending on the game you would want to play. Doing this via PS3 would make it a bit easier to store them until you switch accounts, and to manage the PSP's more limited storage space. Just a suggestion.

Posted Image

#4155 spoderman

spoderman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2011 - 11:49 PM

Well, I haven't tried to go online in a week but my guess is the traffic hasn't subsided any. To be clear, it happens to everyone and the only way to actually get a game started is to face the exit and rush (L2) your way out and a little into the level before you're safe to move. You have to do this at every checkpoint IIRC and if you Fuck up, there goes your multiplier. It's just too dumb to have to fool with when you're just trying to game.

I experienced the bug you're talking about. I think it only occured to me when I chose mission mode. Whenever I did the campaign it didn't happen. I don't know why that hasn't been fixed yet, it's game breaking. I'm glad I didn't pay for any of the welcome back games, otherwise I would've been pissed that I spent money on semi-broken games.

#4156 Chitown021

Chitown021

CAG, I'm back babeeeeee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2011 - 12:56 AM

I just got back in the PS3 game on Friday, had my old account still so I got in on the free schwag. I picked Dead Nation, which is off the chain and Infamous. I'm digging the whole PS Plus concept, been playing Streets Of Rage 2.

I selected the same two freebees and I have to say after being initially unimpressed by Sony's "we're sorry" offering I've had a lot more fun than I expected.

I started playing inFAMOUS over the holiday weekend and I'm having a lot of fun. The controls are a little wonky (why is one of Cole's powers super stickyness?) but overall it's been great. I don't know if I'll be able to go for the platinum, collecting all 350 shards seems like a real bitch!
[URL="https://www.playfire.com/Chitown021"]Posted Image[/URL]PSN Gamercards

#4157 spoderman

spoderman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2011 - 01:04 AM

I selected the same two freebees and I have to say after being initially unimpressed by Sony's "we're sorry" offering I've had a lot more fun than I expected.

I started playing inFAMOUS over the holiday weekend and I'm having a lot of fun. The controls are a little wonky (why is one of Cole's powers super stickyness?) but overall it's been great. I don't know if I'll be able to go for the platinum, collecting all 350 shards seems like a real bitch!

It's not a problem until you're looking for the final shard that you're missing. Took me about 2 hours to find it, not that bad though. Overall it's an easy game to get the platinum for, along with inFamous 2.

#4158 Saint Noir

Saint Noir

CinemaScope

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2011 - 12:52 AM

Is PSN down for anyone else?

#4159 skycat561

skycat561

Veteran Lurker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2011 - 12:59 AM

yup...down for me :( .....freaking PSN. Atleast I'm not the only one

SkyCat561.png Goozex
371569.png
Also Playing: :wiiu: Mario Kart 8, :wiiu: Sonic Lost World 

:3ds: Legend of Zelda: ALBW

#4160 Saint Noir

Saint Noir

CinemaScope

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2011 - 01:03 AM

Supposed to be. False alarm. :lol:

http://ps3.ign.com/a.../1131025p1.html

#4161 skycat561

skycat561

Veteran Lurker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2011 - 01:23 AM

ha...and no less than 15 mins after I posted it came back up...magic I tell you :-P :applause:

SkyCat561.png Goozex
371569.png

#4162 nakanenui

nakanenui

Posted 06 July 2011 - 01:34 AM

it was down for me too, just now. Could log on to netflix, but still nothing would load for playback.
NowPlaying: BF3, RFG, Disgaea3
Latest Plat: Lego HP 1-4

#4163 skycat561

skycat561

Veteran Lurker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2011 - 02:27 AM

looks like is was down for maintenance, and now the japan playstation store is finally back

SkyCat561.png Goozex
371569.png

#4164 Ashtaar

Ashtaar

King of Blades

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2011 - 11:24 PM

I'm having a strange problem: Every time I try to download a free game from PSN plus [bomberman and Street of Rage] the screen where it give you option to download or continue shopping pops up but I don't have the option to download.......... I can only continue shopping, I know I don't have a lot of space so I deleted like a gig and still no go, so I downloaded a theme and it was fine.... any clue what's going on?

210452.png

#4165 mitch079

mitch079

Microsoft, trollin' like Doink on Crush.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2011 - 03:03 AM

Maybe you already downloaded it or told the system to? Check your download history.

ach.pngthe_it_crowd_moss.jpg

#4166 cliqueatnightvandal

cliqueatnightvandal

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2011 - 12:46 PM

I'm having a strange problem: Every time I try to download a free game from PSN plus [bomberman and Street of Rage] the screen where it give you option to download or continue shopping pops up but I don't have the option to download.......... I can only continue shopping, I know I don't have a lot of space so I deleted like a gig and still no go, so I downloaded a theme and it was fine.... any clue what's going on?

This happened to me too with bomberman. I thought it would show up in the download list but it wasn't D:

#4167 Ashtaar

Ashtaar

King of Blades

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2011 - 07:11 PM

Maybe you already downloaded it or told the system to? Check your download history.

tried that didn't work.......... meh I mean I guess it's all the same I should be studying for my exam anyway

210452.png