PSN has returned. What freebie games are you getting?

Dunno.....Anon seems to be a one trick pony, pretty much all DDoSing. I seriously doubt they could have taken PSN down. (Unless Sony idiotically over-reacted and pulled the plug themself).

Maybe its like that Leap-Year issue last year? I was in PSN fine until about 1PM today (Though, i only had like 2 out of 91 friends online), then i just randomly DC'd.

[quote name='Vader582']I haven't really seen many issues with PSN until lately with the whole Anonymous DDoS crap. XBL would fall too if Anon shifted targets. XBL has had issues too. Anyone remember the 3 or 4 months during and after the holidays a couple years back where XBL had consistent network issues? They gave away a free, crappy XBL Arcade game to make up for it.[/QUOTE]

"A couple years back"... Exactly, they had their issues and have sorted them out. PSN continues to have problems and now has an outage that could span for days meanwhile XBL, since that instance a few years ago, has been running pretty strongly. I won't sit here and say it hasn't ever gone down for anything but scheduled maintenance but those instances are pretty few and far between. Meanwhile, I continuously get the "You have been logged out of PSN" message, anon or not.

[quote name='M3wThr33']It's selective memory.[/QUOTE]

Hardly, I'm not some 12 year old Xbox fanboy. I'm just a guy who won't pay for anything that doesn't work.
[quote name='dgwillia006']Dunno.....Anon seems to be a one trick pony, pretty much all DDoSing. I seriously doubt they could have taken PSN down. (Unless Sony idiotically over-reacted and pulled the plug themself).

Maybe its like that Leap-Year issue last year? I was in PSN fine until about 1PM today (Though, i only had like 2 out of 91 friends online), then i just randomly DC'd.[/QUOTE]

Haha, I had forgotten about that. All over the internet: "DON'T TURN ON YOUR PS3 TODAY, YOU'LL LOSE EVERYTHING!"

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Hardly, I'm not some 12 year old Xbox fanboy. I'm just a guy who won't pay for anything that doesn't work.[/QUOTE]
Say what you want about not being a fanboy, but you were obviously trolling with that comment since Sony's not charging for PSN nor are they have they announced any intentions to do so any time soon. There's no point to even mention it unless you want to troll and get a rise out of people.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Say what you want about not being a fanboy, but you were obviously trolling with that comment since Sony's not charging for PSN nor are they have they announced any intentions to do so any time soon. There's no point to even mention it unless you want to troll and get a rise out of people.[/QUOTE]

Well actually they are charging for PSN+, which correct me if I'm wrong is also down right now?

The point of my comment was that they can't even think about charging for regular PSN (which there have been rumors about them looking at doing for a while now) until they get their reliability issues down. If you wanna knee-jerk reaction and call that trolling, fine by me but I consider it an honest criticism of the PSN service as it stands right now.

[quote name='KingBroly']I thought they fixed the leap year issue.[/QUOTE]

I remember that last year or whenever it was. No one could get on psn during that though and it finally fixed its self or so it seemed.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Well actually they are charging for PSN+, which correct me if I'm wrong is also down right now?

The point of my comment was that they can't even think about charging for regular PSN (which there have been rumors about them looking at doing for a while now) until they get their reliability issues down. If you wanna knee-jerk reaction and call that trolling, fine by me but I consider it an honest criticism of the PSN service as it stands right now.[/QUOTE]
PS+ has nothing to do with paying for online play since it's a content service. I'd guess that all of the games that have been offered for PS+ are playable whether online or not. PS+ isn't an integral part of the service or the console like Xbox Live is.

Those rumors ended up being about PS+, so there hasn't been anything about paying for access to PSN since then.

It is trolling since you're intentionally derailing the thread that was about Anonymous DDoSing Sony.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']PS+ has nothing to do with paying for online play since it's a content service. I'd guess that all of the games that have been offered for PS+ are playable whether online or not. PS+ isn't an integral part of the service or the console like Xbox Live is.

Those rumors ended up being about PS+, so there hasn't been anything about paying for access to PSN since then.

It is trolling since you're intentionally derailing the thread that was about Anonymous DDoSing Sony.[/QUOTE]

I don't really care what the scope of the service is. People paying for PS+ aren't able to use what they paid for.

Also, if trolling is based entirely on derailing a thread then you're fitting the bill right now. If you had a problem with my post you could have PMed me, instead you decided to bring it into the thread, thus de-railing it yourself.

You don't need to be signed into Playstation Network to use the stuff you downloaded from Playstation Plus. Your Console Profile is tied to your PSN ID, so you can use that stuff offline.

Trophies can be earned offline too if you didn't know.

[quote name='Kaelestis']Ha, it's fun reading the stupid comments on some of these articles about PSN being down.[/QUOTE]

It's fun to see sad little Sony fanboys get their panties in a bunch the second the shoddy PSN servers go down and start baselessly pointing fingers at Anon. Anon DDoS'd PSN once a few weeks back without much forethought of who would be bothered by it. They quickly ceased and apologized and said they would focus their efforts on Sony elsewhere and not DDoS again. Yet it seems there have been "network problems" a number of times a week since then and Sony always comes along a bit late saying it was their fault. This time is no different, only this time it is an emergency outage and Sony doesn't even know what the Hell is happening. Yet little Sony bitches are still out bitching at Anon.

I have no use for Anon and personally I generally despise them. But if Anon were responsible, they don't care what people think. They would admit to it if they did it. So get over yourselves and admit that PSN sucks. All of your whining is as annoying as the 12 year olds on Halo back when my freshman college roommates would play that damn game all night long and I had 7am Arabic and Chemistry courses I had to be up for.

Of course they are, I just played some of the PS+ games to confirm that they're fully playable whether online or off. They're not losing anything besides access to something they're not paying for in the first place.

Nice try to put the blame on other people when it's clearly your post that caused it. If it didn't exist, none of this would exist either.

[quote name='MorPhiend']It's fun to see sad little Sony fanboys get their panties in a bunch the second the shoddy PSN servers go down and start baselessly pointing fingers at Anon. Anon DDoS'd PSN once a few weeks back without much forethought of who would be bothered by it. They quickly ceased and apologized and said they would focus their efforts on Sony elsewhere and not DDoS again. Yet it seems there have been "network problems" a number of times a week since then and Sony always comes along a bit late saying it was their fault. This time is no different, only this time it is an emergency outage and Sony doesn't even know what the Hell is happening. Yet little Sony bitches are still out bitching at Anon.

I have no use for Anon and personally I generally despise them. But if Anon were responsible, they don't care what people think. They would admit to it if they did it. So get over yourselves and admit that PSN sucks. All of your whining is as annoying as the 12 year olds on Halo back when my freshman college roommates would play that damn game all night long and I had 7am Arabic and Chemistry courses I had to be up for.[/QUOTE]

Don't know why you quoted me, but I completely agree. It's funny to see fanboys get so bent out of a shape and make asinine comments. I hope it was an anonymous that did it but if not I'm still happy. People need to relax. Their games aren't going anywhere.

Being down for two days is unacceptable. I want a refund on my subscription.

Also anon are a bunch of douchebags. Whether they're doing this or not.

I'm a Sony fan and even though it sucks that it's down, I haven't cared much. I played some Demon's Souls and Mass Effect 2 which I hadn't touched in a while so it was cool to get back in. I hope it goes up again soon for my socom addiction though. :joystick:

[quote name='NismoZ32']Well this was posted today, I watched it back when it had about 300 views. You be the judge.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xiaubg_anonymous-message-to-sony-update_news[/QUOTE]

I wish I would have seen that. I would have died with laughter.

I was able to log in until today. And I kept trying to log in and finally got in.

I really don't get the vitriol against Sony about the network having issues. Also, screw Anon; their primary incentive for any of the attacks they do is because they enjoy griefing people.

[quote name='NismoZ32']Well this was posted today, I watched it back when it had about 300 views. You be the judge.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xiaubg_anonymous-message-to-sony-update_news[/QUOTE]

Piss poor timing on Anon's part, they had released that video a day or two before they wanted people to protest claiming it was going to be a big event.
Sony called there bluff and closed a majority of there stores that day also mall security in many EU stores were on high alert.

[quote name='bubbafett4hire']Piss poor timing on Anon's part, they had released that video a day or two before they wanted people to protest claiming it was going to be a big event.
Sony called there bluff and closed a majority of there stores that day also mall security in many EU stores were on high alert.[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't that be a success, causing many stores to be closed? A closed store is not making money and worse Costing sony money. Even for a day they must have taken a big lose having stores closed. Also, having attention from mall security having to be on high alert can't be good for mall/store relationships. The mall owner doesn't want to deal with protests or having to pay security More money because of one store.

Now with the psn being down, wether anon is the cause or not I'm sure with all the rumors that sony support is getting hammered with calls. That again is costing them money to man the phones to answer the questions and dispel rumors.

Just saying, they are causing enough of a fuss, sony is paying for it.

GUYS. Anonymous has nothing to do with this. They have specifically said they would not target PSN because that specifically hurts the users not Sony. They also stopped Caring about Sony a week ago.

[quote name='iwannadie']Wouldn't that be a success, causing many stores to be closed? A closed store is not making money and worse Costing sony money. Even for a day they must have taken a big lose having stores closed. Also, having attention from mall security having to be on high alert can't be good for mall/store relationships. The mall owner doesn't want to deal with protests or having to pay security More money because of one store.

Now with the psn being down, wether anon is the cause or not I'm sure with all the rumors that sony support is getting hammered with calls. That again is costing them money to man the phones to answer the questions and dispel rumors.

Just saying, they are causing enough of a fuss, sony is paying for it.[/QUOTE]

yeah because its not like you can buy sony stuff online at any number of online stores.......sucks that psn is down but so what itll be back up eventuallylife moves on shit happens no amount of people bitching and whining will make it any diff.

[quote name='lokizz']yeah because its not like you can buy sony stuff online at any number of online stores.......sucks that psn is down but so what itll be back up eventuallylife moves on shit happens no amount of people bitching and whining will make it any diff.[/QUOTE]

Yes, but they have those retail stores for a reason and it is costing them money to maintain those stores. If they are not open they are loosing money is the bottom line.

ummm... What has this got to do with today's outage? This was from over a week ago referring to the march on Sony stores last Saturday. As I said above, Anon was only in the business of DDoS'ing Sony for a few hours weeks ago until they realized they were screwing over the folks they intend to be on the side of. If they changed course, they would let everyone know. To the contrary they say they have nothing to do with the outage and anyone who asks about it will be banned.
[quote name='iwannadie']Wouldn't that be a success, causing many stores to be closed? A closed store is not making money and worse Costing sony money. Even for a day they must have taken a big lose having stores closed. Also, having attention from mall security having to be on high alert can't be good for mall/store relationships. The mall owner doesn't want to deal with protests or having to pay security More money because of one store.

Just saying, they are causing enough of a fuss, sony is paying for it.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. I consider them closing up shop for a day to be a win for Anon.

The whole Internet is getting screwy. First, Ain't It Cool News and a bunch of other sites were down because of an Amazon S3 issue. Then I see PSN is down just when I want to link my Portal 2 to Steam. Then my Comcast ISP went down (widespread outage). I'm only online because I've got my MBP connected to my rooted EVO's hot spot. I'm about to read a book, for crying out loud!

Glad it is not just me that is still down. I was really wanting to input all the codes for Mortal Kombat yesterday and after seeing it down then thought I would do it today. Looks like I wont do it today.

Really stupid if true, though I doubt it. Not only does it make them look worse, but they basically admitted they're liars. It only hurts the people who use the service when PSN goes down.

This sucks. I've been having problems for days, but problems that I could work around. Now that they're "fixing" it, I can't get in at all.

I agree with others about the downtime; it sucks but at the same time I finally got around to checking out Archer on Netflix and watched some Castle Season 1 :D Both are funny and quite interesting respectively.

[quote name='SynGamer']I agree with others about the downtime; it sucks but at the same time I finally got around to checking out Archer on Netflix and watched some Castle Season 1 :D Both are funny and quite interesting respectively.[/QUOTE]

Archer FTW. Welcome aboard.

Whether it be Anon or Sony shutting down the server to do maintenance I couldn't care less. It'll be down a couple days, big damn deal.

But what does irk me off is I can't play certain single player/local lan games without being signed in.

This is one of the biggest issues that needs to be fixed with an update and It's more important than party chat.

[quote name='defmonkey05']Whether it be Anon or Sony shutting down the server to do maintenance I couldn't care less. It'll be down a couple days, big damn deal.

But what does irk me off is I can't play certain single player/local lan games without being signed in.

This is one of the biggest issues that needs to be fixed with an update and It's more important than party chat.[/QUOTE]

Which games are you referring to specifically? I know the Capcom games (such as Final Fight/Magic Sword) have the "must be online" requirement even to play single player, but what else is there?

[quote name='KingBroly']Really stupid if true, though I doubt it. Not only does it make them look worse, but they basically admitted they're liars. It only hurts the people who use the service when PSN goes down.[/QUOTE]
Agree with you on this 100%. On FB, Anonymous said "take a break, it do you good, blah blah" it's stupid because people can still game you know.

[quote name='DudeImGodly']GUYS. Anonymous has nothing to do with this. They have specifically said they would not target PSN because that specifically hurts the users not Sony. They also stopped Caring about Sony a week ago.[/QUOTE]
The problem is there's no "leader" in Anon and you can easily get some prick, teenage griefer splinter group who wants to screw with everyone on PSN during a big game launch week.

[quote name='oasisboy']You get what you pay for.... isn't free great![/QUOTE]
and yes free is great but we have also had down time a few times with live and we pay for that , but hey things happen

[quote name='oasisboy']You get what you pay for.... isn't free great![/QUOTE]
Remember 2 years ago when XBL had a bunch of connection issues for several months including time during the holidays? Isn't selective memory great?

Let's see if a stealth mod deletes this...:roll:

[quote name='Vader582']Remember 2 years ago when XBL had a bunch of connection issues for several months including time during the holidays? Isn't selective memory great?

Let's see if a stealth mod deletes this...:roll:[/QUOTE]

Yes, but it was never down for days. The only time Live has been down for even a day at most was for scheduled maintenance that was announced way in advance.

[quote name='SynGamer']I agree with others about the downtime; it sucks but at the same time I finally got around to checking out Archer on Netflix and watched some Castle Season 1 :D Both are funny and quite interesting respectively.[/QUOTE]
Since you like Archer, you should try watching Frisky Dingo, as I believe it's made by the same people.

New error code number and a new message come up when trying to login to PSN. You know what that means, right?!

Progress!

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Since you like Archer, you should try watching Frisky Dingo, as I believe it's made by the same people.[/QUOTE]
It is, and it is quite funny.

Sealab's pretty great, too.

bread's done
Back