Humble Indie Bundle #3 (5 indie games, pay what you want) - Starts 4/12 9:30am pst

Cantatus

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
According to Kotaku, tomorrow will be the release of yet another Humble Indie pack. For those unaware, these are bundles of indie games, which are pay what you want. A portion of the proceeds go to charities, the developers or both.

The third bundle will launch 4/12 at 9:30am pst and will include:

(Video showing all games and instructions)

The first three games will be redeemable on Steam and are currently available there for $30 total.

The bundle will be available here: The Humble Indie Bundle

[quote name='Umair56']I can't wait! Any word if these will also be Steam-Activatable like the first two?[/QUOTE]

Assuming, it's like the first two, then yes. Can't see a reason why this bundle wouldn't produce a steam code for you.

I support the Indy Bundles so I'll donate even though I own Trine already. The other games are unknown to me so I'm hoping I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Do Trine and Shadowgrounds support the X360 gamepad? I remember that the reason I passed on Trine before was because pad support wasn't in the demo and I didn't trust that it'd work in the final and KB+M was too unwieldy. Shadowgrounds look like Robotron, so shouldn't it use sticks?

I'm in. Unfortunately, I missed the second bundle but I will get this even if I never play the games. I like to help out these indie developers.

Nice. I'll be getting this and adding it to my hubby's Steam account. I already have Trine, so now we'll be able to play co-op together. Shadowgrounds is more his thing, while Splot is more mine. Jack Claw looks interesting.

[quote name='eliter1']I'm in. Unfortunately, I missed the second bundle but I will get this even if I never play the games. I like to help out these indie developers.[/QUOTE]

keep an eye out, last year ppl who donated more than a certain amount received the previous year's humble bundle as well (I was one of them). so there may be a chance of that happening again.

they only started that promotion a few weeks or so into the sale i think...

Arg, of course I already own the first 3 on Steam. Good pack though, Trine is well worth donating ~$5 to alone, and the rest are a nice bonus (the Shadowgrounds games are pretty decent top-down shooters, kinda like Killzone Liberation for a modern comparison).

Haven't even heard of the latter two games though...but I guess I'll donate a few bucks to the pack and check them out.

The Shadowgrounds games are great. Keep in mind that while they do have co-op, it's not online co-op. Same with Trine.

Awesome! I love the humble bundles. I've only played/heard of Trine but I'll definitely throw down some $ for this pack.

[quote name='Mogui']keep an eye out, last year ppl who donated more than a certain amount received the previous year's humble bundle as well (I was one of them). so there may be a chance of that happening again.

they only started that promotion a few weeks or so into the sale i think...[/QUOTE]

I believe everyone got both bundles, I donated $20 for me and $1 for a gift copy and both received the previous version as well. Sadly my friend never touched the games, what a shame.

[quote name='abhinav']I believe everyone got both bundles, I donated $20 for me and $1 for a gift copy and both received the previous version as well. Sadly my friend never touched the games, what a shame.[/QUOTE]

Same thing happened to me. I bought a second bundle and gifted it to my dad who never played them. At least they got some extra money.

I haven't really played any of the games i've gotten in the last two bundles, so I guess I'll skip this one. Plus I already have Trine (and haven't really played it). The games have been fine, but I guess I just don't game on my Mac much. I'd rather play games on my 360, Wii and iPhone/iPad. Probably if I had a laptop it would be different, but I don't.

i never understood why this bundle makes people jizz. i mean yeah its a good deal but the way people talk about it youd think it was a pay what you want for any 5 games new and sealed at gamestop.

[quote name='Drclaw411']i never understood why this bundle makes people jizz. i mean yeah its a good deal but the way people talk about it youd think it was a pay what you want for any 5 games new and sealed at gamestop.[/QUOTE]
I think people get excited because these bundles represent a future where we might not need GameStop.

Awesome! I screwed up and missed the second bundle, so no way am I waiting until the last minute on this one!

I love how it's even painless to pay, with Paypal or Amazon or Google!

I already bought Trine from Gamestop, but...hmm...I think I'll pay at least $30 this time...maybe more, I can't decide, since I do want to support the EFF...

Jack Claw and Splot look potentially interesting too...

[quote name='Drclaw411']i never understood why this bundle makes people jizz. i mean yeah its a good deal but the way people talk about it youd think it was a pay what you want for any 5 games new and sealed at gamestop.[/QUOTE]

Maybe because people like to get a good deal on good games, and also help indie developers and charities at the same time. Just maybe, you know. Maybe.

Plus no activation or even other DRM :) It's win win all around.

Think I did $25ish last time, but I'm doing more this time, I think.

I think that people get excited for the "coolness" factor all around. These are all great games, and the fact that the developers are willing to sell them for literally however much you're willing to pay...well, it's pretty fucking cool. What other store, group, or industry does something like this...at least on a regular basis?

Then to add on top of that the fact that you can designate however much of the money you're paying for a great charity - and I think it puts it over the top...especially for folks that enjoy indie games. I feel like this type of sale strikes a chord within the core CAG community...even though you still get a few jerks who want to pay 5 cents or something.

Seriously, this is the definition of a "win-win" situation if I ever saw one. The developers get publicity for their games, and make sales that they may not otherwise have made. Plus, money is raised for charity in the process....and you get some pretty sweet, DRM-free games. :cool:

I already own Trine and both Shadowgrounds games, I bought them over the holiday steam sale. I believe I got them all together as part of a Frozenbyte pack, can't remember how much I paid for it .... I'll still donate some money for this bundle, totally worth it since you can choose to donate it all to charity or support the developers directly

Hrm . . . I have yet to actually play any of the games that I bought with the last bundle, and I already have Trine. I don't think the Shadowgrounds games look all that interesting, and I can't find any real information on Jack Claw or Splot (Google searches seem to just lead me to a bunch of posts about this bundle). Not sure if I'm in for this one or not.

[quote name='Umair56']I can't wait! Any word if these will also be Steam-Activatable like the first two?[/QUOTE]

Trine - Steam, OnLive, Desura
Shadowgrounds - Steam, Desura
Shadowgrounds: Survivor - Steam, Desura

No mention of plans for Jack Claw & Splot, though the latter is likely to come to Steam.

[Promo Vid]

Trine is awesome and unique, and I've heard very good things about Shadowgrounds. It'd be cool if I could gift the extra copy of Trine, but it doesn't matter since I'm buying it no matter what.

I agree that this particular bundle is a bit lacking in variety, but it's still the same Humble Indie Bundle that I enjoy.

Great games for whatever price I choose - No one can beat that.

[quote name='DirkBelig']Do Trine and Shadowgrounds support the X360 gamepad? I remember that the reason I passed on Trine before was because pad support wasn't in the demo and I didn't trust that it'd work in the final and KB+M was too unwieldy. Shadowgrounds look like Robotron, so shouldn't it use sticks?[/QUOTE]

Don't know about Shadowgrounds, but Trine definitely supports the 360 controller. It even uses the 360 button prompts on screen instead of having to remember that 'Shift' is 'A'. Excellent game.

Grabbed for $10. Probably would have donated more, except I have a convention to save up money for and a 6-month car insurance bill to pay all in the same month. >< Thanks for the heads up OP, seems like just yesterday that the HIB2 came out. Wasn't expecting #3 for a while more!

Picked it up just because I like Humble Indie Bundles. Seems a bit lighter than most, but it's out of season and developer specific, so they obviously just wanted a boost in funds to help Trine 2. And I'm ok with that.

donated only $5 since I already own these games well except for Jack Claw and Splot obviously, I downloaded them all including the games themselves, soundtracks and Editor, Source for Jack Claw, the total size is 8GB for those of you wandering

14mwav9.png

EDIT: forgot to take out zipped files real total is 4.7GB

Wasn't able to give a lot, but was happy to give some. Glad to pick up Trine, the shadowground looks interesting too. Good deal all around, I like how they let YOU pick how to split up your donation. (I didn't give much to the FFE or whoever they were... hope thats not jerky of me. Never heard of them)

bread's done
Back